November 23, 2014 | 925 users online

Eye Primer - Too Faced - Shadow Insurance

rated 3 of 5 on 5/13/2013 1:27:00 PM More reviews by dblou

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I originally tried this out because the UDPP was packed really stupidly. That's changed now luckily. But going back to this, i think it's a good primer. Keeps e/s well in its place. I really have nothing bad to say about this. It's worth a try. I'll be buying a second one.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2013 12:22:00 AM More reviews by MzCat

I love this primer. I am already on my third tube. I actually tried UDPP first and finished a tube of it before TFSI. I liked how UDPP made my shadows pop and kept everything longlasting, but I find that it is easier to blend the shadows when I use TFSI. It's probably just personally preference, but I think both products are wonderful. I just like TFSI a bit more of myself. My lids are not too oily, but never really dry if that helps.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2013 7:02:00 AM More reviews by blythylively

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

this is my anti-smudging hero product! I was contemplating between this & urban decay's and I'm really really glad I chose this. my eyelids are extremely oily and does not hold any eyeshadow/liquid eyeliners well, always end up with smudgy eyes and my eyeliner will fade off by end of work day. Before I use this, I use Chanel's Ombre D'eau for years which works well for me for glittery eyeshadows and works well to bring up the colours very well and holds my eye makeup on. but I have an issue when I want to use matte eyeshadows as Chanel's glittery in nature. TFSI is fantastic and really holds my eye makeup even after 10 hours, my painstakingly applied morning eye shadow looks as fresh as it is when it's makeup removal time. I'm really amazed and it's the best saver for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/26/2013 12:02:00 AM More reviews by MorganSamborsky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I really wanted to love this product because of the hype, I've always used UDPP and decided to try something new. To make a long story short I'm not a fan of the packaging because the product tends to separate in the tube and it's somewhat difficult to mix up. The worst part is that I use this on my bare eyelid (obviously) and the product itself actually creases.. It doesn't matter how much or how little I use, I have combination oily skin but in my opinion that shouldn't matter considering this product was supposed to be helpful. I don't know if I'm the only one with this problem but it was really frustrating. I love Too Faced powder products but I've had nothing but problems with their primers =( I definitely would not recommend this product, and I'll be sticking to my UDPP. ALSO side note, when I used this product higher up almost to my brow bone it accentuated very fine miniscule hairs that I didn't even know existed until this primer came along... I tried everything with this, using a tiny bit and increasing over time and I still had the same problems..

rated 3 of 5 on 4/17/2013 8:38:00 PM More reviews by Metronomic

It's great for good color payoff but my eye shadow goes patchy whith this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2013 11:11:00 PM More reviews by mandycool01

Udpp was terrible on me so I tried this primer. Much better for me. I have relatively oily eyelids. Only a little dab is needed on each eye. I spread it on w my finger, let it dry a few seconds, then apply eyeshadow. My fave primer yet. Thus product is not meant to be a base for colors like mac paint pots. Its simply a primer.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2013 12:07:00 AM More reviews by groovinchic

This applied fine and initially felt good on my lids but my eyeshadow creased worse than if I hadn't worn a primer. This just wasn't for me. I prefer the original UDPP and even the newer UDPP over TFSI.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/14/2013 11:53:00 PM More reviews by beevanilla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't want to be a Debbie Downer or anything or undermine other people's good reviews, but I absolutely hated this primer. I don't understand what the hype is about. First off, it came in a tube... I would have liked it if it came with a doe foot applicator, but it's whatever. The thing that really irritated me is the fact that it's so friggin oily. It seems like I always find the ingredients separating from the oil (that is also one of the ingredients they use). Since it comes in a tube, every time I squeeze it, the actual primer doesn't come out, rather only the oil does. It's so tedious to use this because I find that I always have to "massage" the tube first so that the products can get all mixed up together again before I can actually put it on my lid. The worst part is that it isn't exactly cheap so I feel like it's a complete waste of money. Not only that, but it's so tacky and the colour pay-off is almost close to nothing. I would rather use NYX's primer or Urban Decay's primer. I never should have strayed away from my UD primer to switch it with this one, it wasn't worth it at all!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2013 8:21:00 PM More reviews by Shelbyj1204

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

It's good stuff, I really like it. Too Faced has really gone above and beyond with making different types of primers. You only need a little bit and he results are lasting. Good buy.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/12/2013 5:12:00 PM More reviews by VioletxGein

This does do a great job at preventing my eyeshadow from creasing. I tend to wear very dark or very bright eye shadow colors. But it does nothing to make the color brighter. *shrugs* Ah well...but this does make my eyeshadow last while going to metal shows and selling merch at sweaty band venues. I just wish this was not so expensive! I only use this for days when I will be out all night with no mirror around.