April 21, 2014 | 1306 users online

Lip Gloss - L'Oreal - Infallible Lip Gloss

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 12/8/2008 6:11:00 AM More reviews by Blissfullez

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this Lipgloss based on a youtube tutorial I saw. The color I bought is Coral Sands. Beautiful color but horrible! It'a sticky, the color gathers up in the corner and the middle of my lip causing this weird looking film. It gave me chapped lips and after a while, it feels grainy. I tried to give it another chance. I used a lil nivea moisterizing lip balm first then applied the lipgloss...in the trash it went. I lost $10.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2008 1:34:00 PM More reviews by slstar

This gloss delivers what it says...great lasting power. I have it in Raisin, which is a shimmery plum color. It goes on smooth, but dries up a little bit as it wears. That would be my only complaint. I usually pair it with a moisturizing gloss or balm (which limits the staying power somewhat) since it has that tendancy to slightly dry out your lips, but what else can be expected from long wear items? I still would repuchase this because the rich color works well for my skin tone (dark), and the gloss form keeps the look fresh, without making my lips appear over the top "made up".

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2008 5:15:00 PM More reviews by mariannaoust

Ok, Iíve held off about reviewing this product because I really wanted to test it out and give you an accurate review.
Well, this is not the perfect lip gloss, but it is one of the better ones out there. It does not live up to the 6 hour claim, but is longer lasting that any other gloss Iíve tried. I find that if I put it on a bare lip it stays on longer, rather than when I have some balm or liner underneath.
When you first apply this, it feels nice, kinda creamy and not goopy, but does get a somewhat sticky and heavy when it sets. Make sure you do not put too much, otherwise it will clump and ball up later on. Also try to not get any on the inside of your lip, because it will definitely transfer to your teeth, worse than most lip products. Also try not to close your mouth or press your lips until it sets.
Itís unfortunate that the colors are more sheer on the lip then in the tube, because they have a great selection and it would be wonderful if they stayed true.
The reason I give this a high rating is because it does last around 3-4 hours, but does not dry my lips like most longwearing products.
I think itís worth a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2008 2:30:00 AM More reviews by tito_barf

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

There's not a lot of love out there for this gloss, but it is my absolute favorite! I don't like constantly reapplying lip color, and this one stays on for a couple of hours at least -- a miracle for me. I'm a lip licker/chewer/smacker when at work, which makes most lip colors fade like mad. This gloss not only stays on, it keeps me from doing too much licking/etc. The texture is very thick. When it starts to wear off, it leaves little sparkles (shimmer, not glitter) and some color behind, keeping my lips looking like they have *something* on them.

I am not a lip product person since things never last on me, but I've bought 4 of these already! The colors are sheer, which I don't love, but they are very pretty.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/15/2008 6:01:00 PM More reviews by byourself

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

Ugh, I tested the tester when we first got it at my job (I usually don't buy L'Oreal because they experiment on animals, unlike Revlon, Almay, Physician's Formula...) and it is one of those glosses that have almost everything I hate in a gloss. I din't like the consistency, not quite fluid or thick, but super sticky. It feels heavy on my lips and it dries them out after a while. The scent is unpleasant too IMHO... It did last longer than the usual gloss, but not much more... maybe because it is so sticky. So I gave one point for that, and another point because the color selection is good. Not great, but good

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2008 1:32:00 AM More reviews by MES

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I tried shade number 815, Barely Nude. Definitely does not last 6 hours, but lasts longer than most glosses. I was hesitant about the shade because i am not a fan of warm nudes, but it was surprisingly flattering. Also 815 does not have any sparkles, which is a plus. For Whatever reason there is a mirror on the opposite end from the applicator, which makes it impossible to use when actually applying.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2008 6:33:00 PM More reviews by sniffer

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

It has a funny brush, kind of a toilet-brush shape, but the gloss does go on easily. The gold "sparkles" you can see in the tube do not show up as glitter, thank goodness, and the color selection is fairly decent and sophisticated - this is a good gloss for those over 25. The texture is comfortable and lasts for a decent amount of time. The only part I really didn't like was the strange fruit-like flavor/scent. It wasn't quite fruity, and for some reason it was stronger in Raisin than in the other color I got. Definitely worth it at BOGO, not sure if I would pay full price (about $10).

rated 1 of 5 on 10/24/2008 9:12:00 PM More reviews by m2caron

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff is terrible. It's sticky, you get an ugly film on your teeth and it chapped my lips. What a waste of money. In the trash after 1 day. Huge disappointment

rated 3 of 5 on 10/12/2008 12:35:00 PM More reviews by kaitlynnm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I have mixed emotions about this product. I bought Suede and although it's not bad, it's definitely fallible. Then again, I've yet to come across a lip gloss that isn't. It goes on like a gloss but the texture turns more cream-like once it sets in. I love the clever brush/applicator with semi pointed tip for easier application on all parts of the lip. What I dislike is how the product "gathers" or clumps mid lip after 20-35 minutes, leaving a distinct line. I do prep my lips by ex foliating and applying a wax based balm before applying gloss, and the problem occurs with and without lip liner. It's a shame because the Suede color is really nice. I wanted to give the product a 4 but can't do so with a clean conscious.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2008 11:17:00 PM More reviews by Suzanna

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am usually a high-end snob and I usually do not enjoy any long-wearing product but as I just purchased my 3rd and 4th of these glosses, I felt the need to chime in with a review.
I have Sangria and Raisin and just bought Truffle and Fiery.
I have very dry lips and all lip products wear off VERY fast on me. These glosses do not dry me out NEARLY as much as any other long-wearing lip product I have ever tried. The color lasts longer than the shine, but it sure does last. I can put it on in a hurry at work and if I glance at myself in a mirror hours later, I still look like I have some color on my lips and they aren't chapped. Works for me! I only wish they were packaged a little smaller and there were more pigmented colors.