September 30, 2014 | 1337 users online

Moisturizers - Josie Maran Cosmetics - 100% Pure Argan Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 2/7/2013 1:21:00 PM More reviews by roor84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This thing broke me out!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 2/7/2013 1:14:00 PM More reviews by Bryane

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The first ten days I used this my skin looked gorgeous. Unfortunately, on day 11, I started getting huge cycstic acne all over my face. The change from completely clear healthy skin to road kill was shocking. It sounds like others have had this experience, as well. I would definitely recommend a patch test of at least two weeks for folks with acne-prone skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2013 4:06:00 PM More reviews by queenofchlorine29

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product is AMAZING for clearing up acne scars/hyperpigmentation. I've only used this three times and I can see a major difference in the appearance of my acne scars. They are SO much less visible and I don't feel like I need any type of coverage on a day to day basis. As a moisturizer, I'm not in love with it because I put it on at night and it never sinks into my skin, so as I'm sleeping, it comes off, which makes my skin extremely dry, which makes it peel. It works great for other areas of my face, just not the dry parts. Hopefully as time goes on it will work better as a moisturizer.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2013 9:56:00 AM More reviews by cmacintyre100

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I received a trial size in my ipsy bag. Like all oils, a little goes a long way. I use this as an evening serum under my moisturizer and on my cuticles. Argan oil works better than any serum I've tried. Comes in a dark glass bottle with an dropper applicator. It is a thicker light colored liquid, but it isn't overly heavy.
I probably wouldn't use this during the day, only because oils, silicone products and water based products doesn't mix well and will affect the longevity of makeup. Not sure if I will repurchase, because it is pricey. I will look up other brands first.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/3/2013 10:22:00 AM More reviews by cuddlebunz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is just severely over priced organic argan oil that can be bought elsewhere for 1/3 the price. Received this in my ipsy bag. I am already an argan oil user, which I purchase online for $9-10 USD for a few ounces.

All you are doing is paying for the brand name for the exact same product.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2013 3:46:00 PM More reviews by shi1

I have acne prone skin that can be both oily and dry at the same time. I have to give it up to this product for its moisturizing properties because it kept my skin quite moisturized during -40 degree canadian weather. Normally during this season I would be slathering on thick creams to try to keep moisturized which would then be followed by breakouts caused by the creams and dead dry skin clogging my pores. I use between 2-3 drops of this oil on my face/neck during the day, and when I need extra moisture, I add about 2 drops of this to my nighttime moisturizer. I do not get greasy during the day which is fabulous. I might blot a bit after about 8-12 hours but that's about it.

I've used this for about a month now and have experienced no breakouts. I do think it can clog pores if you put too much so I would suggest being very lighthanded with this stuff. I can't say if it has helped with acne or scars because I have other products incorporated into my regular routine to take care of that, but this product certainly hasn't caused any issues.

I like the simplicity of the bottle, but the dropper isn't that great because the oil tends to drip out by itself.

I love that I can use this product for something other than my face. I've been using it in my hair and I like it. It's probably one of the better oils i've used in my hair (but not the best). I put a few drops onto damp hair before I blowdry, and sometimes a few drops after if needed and it doesn't feel greasy. It absorbs into my hair nicely.

I gave this product a 5 in the price department because it seems like there are many cheaper alternatives out there. I haven't tried any others yet so I can't say whether the product merits the high price. So for the meantime I say I would repurchase this product because it works well but this may change if there is a cheaper (but equally good) version available.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2013 2:35:00 AM More reviews by samiiyo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Just for reference, I have oily skin that's acne-prone as well as sensitive.
I bought the smaller size of this at Sephora in December and I've been using this as a night moisturizer since then. At first I was scared to put an oil on my face considering my face is oily, but I read so many reviews that I decided to go for it. I use 2-3 drops on my face. I have a big-ish face though! You want just enough so that you feel a kind of resistance when you're rubbing it around your face, that way you won't feel oil-slick for the rest of the evening. I'd start with an even smaller amount and work your way up until you find what's right for you personally. Moving on.
This moisturizes very well. I don't find it breaks me out at all, which amazes me. Someone below was talking about a purging period but I didn't have any of that.
This doesn't have any offensive, artificial smell, which is pretty nice because you don't want to go to sleep with heavily perfumed products all up on your face. Well, at least I don't.
I haven't noticed a giant difference when it comes to my skin, but I'm young so I don't really have any serious wrinkles to treat. I just think this is a nice, simple moisturizer that's good for night-time and works for oily skin. I'd imagine this would be good to use to prevent future wrinkles.
Another thing I really love about this is that, while it is sort of expensive ($14 for a little bottle), a little goes a very long way. I've been using this for around a month and I've barely made a dent.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/29/2013 10:06:00 PM More reviews by tanyagovea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Got a sample in myglam bag. I was excited to try cuz i heard so much about its wonders. Well i dont know if it might work better on older people or people that have aging signs already, on my face it just gave me pimples that were not there before on my hair well it did what any other argan oil ive bought at sallys has done. At this point its no miracle for me, maybe as i age and arnt so acneprone it will work, but its too expensive i know theirs other products out therebwith same claims. Buy a sample and see.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/29/2013 11:47:00 AM More reviews by keoneill

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

It's nice oil. Very moisturizing for my skin. I would NEVER repurchase this (the largest size with the pump bottle, which is perfect packaging, at Sephora set me back $96) because it's not more effective than NOW Brand Almond Oil, NOW Brand Grapeseed Oil or NOW Brand Avocado Oil, all which retail for under $10. Instead of using JM Argan Oil, I just use a combo of the NOW Brands for a nighttime moisturizer. Much more cost-effective and has improved my skin MORE than the JM.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 1/28/2013 2:37:00 AM More reviews by Guru4Reviews

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I applied this to the back of my hand when I first bought this, and within minutes I started to develop an allergic reaction. My skin turned red and blotchy, so I didn't even attempt to put this near my face. It was quite pricey as well. Overall, skip if you are sensitive and I wouldn't recommend it.