October 21, 2014 | 2024 users online

Moisturizers - Josie Maran Cosmetics - 100% Pure Argan Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2013 7:27:00 PM More reviews by greenidentity

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I had recently discoverd Burt's Bees repair Serum with Attar of Rose. A friend gave it to me, because it broke her out. Initially, I used it for undereyes only, since I tend to have moderate dark circles on my very fair skin. I found it to be very softening, and the smell was very calming, with lavendar and rose at the base.

Since my skin is usually dry during the harsh winters, I tried some out on my skin. I found it to have the same softening affects, but it did aggravate my hormonal acne a bit. Fast forward to Josie Maran Argan oil, which I received in one of my Glam Bags.

The good: A little goes a long way. I use 4 drops on one palm, rub palms together and then pat and smooth them over my damp face, after nightly cleansing. I do not use anything else with it, besides a few dabs of witch hazel on my acne areas. Literally after the first use of this, I noticed my complexion was smooth and hydrated. I suffer from redness, and it has even slightly reduced my redness. After 5 uses of this, my skin is poreless, smooth, and flake-free! I did get one pimple after using it, but instead of panicking and stopping, I decided to use it normally 1-2 more times a s an expirement. I know, seems like a crazy thing to do! But my acne is reducing as it normally would when I applied lotion each night, so I'm hesitatnt to name Argan oil as the culprit.

The bad: Literally none. Despite being expensive, the price is not an issue for me. This little bottle will last me a very long time!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2013 11:20:00 PM More reviews by musicat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Got this in one of my glam bags. I have dry, flaky, sensitive skin and this has made my skin so soft and its not greasy at all. My skins texture is much smoother now and not flaky. A great moisturizer for the cold winter months!
Only downside is the outrageous price of the big bottle. I just keep buying the little one for $14 at Sephora. It lasts me long enough.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/7/2013 1:57:00 PM More reviews by kar212

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I purchased this due to a rave review on YT and I was really impressed with the appearance of my skin in just one application, I woke up with glowing skin. My love for this product abruptly ended after 4 days, this gave me about 3 nasty white heads. So disappointing for a product that really improved my skintone. Just a tip that has taken me years to realize, if your skin has broken out from oil in the past, just stay away and go for an oil free moisturizer. My skin is oily enough on its own, I should have known to stay away from this stuff after severe breakouts from sunflower oil, grapeseed, olive, and coconut.

If you are not acne prone with will probably be amazing for you!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/7/2013 1:21:00 PM More reviews by roor84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This thing broke me out!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 2/7/2013 1:14:00 PM More reviews by Bryane

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The first ten days I used this my skin looked gorgeous. Unfortunately, on day 11, I started getting huge cycstic acne all over my face. The change from completely clear healthy skin to road kill was shocking. It sounds like others have had this experience, as well. I would definitely recommend a patch test of at least two weeks for folks with acne-prone skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2013 4:06:00 PM More reviews by queenofchlorine29

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product is AMAZING for clearing up acne scars/hyperpigmentation. I've only used this three times and I can see a major difference in the appearance of my acne scars. They are SO much less visible and I don't feel like I need any type of coverage on a day to day basis. As a moisturizer, I'm not in love with it because I put it on at night and it never sinks into my skin, so as I'm sleeping, it comes off, which makes my skin extremely dry, which makes it peel. It works great for other areas of my face, just not the dry parts. Hopefully as time goes on it will work better as a moisturizer.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2013 9:56:00 AM More reviews by cmacintyre100

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I received a trial size in my ipsy bag. Like all oils, a little goes a long way. I use this as an evening serum under my moisturizer and on my cuticles. Argan oil works better than any serum I've tried. Comes in a dark glass bottle with an dropper applicator. It is a thicker light colored liquid, but it isn't overly heavy.
I probably wouldn't use this during the day, only because oils, silicone products and water based products doesn't mix well and will affect the longevity of makeup. Not sure if I will repurchase, because it is pricey. I will look up other brands first.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/3/2013 10:22:00 AM More reviews by cuddlebunz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is just severely over priced organic argan oil that can be bought elsewhere for 1/3 the price. Received this in my ipsy bag. I am already an argan oil user, which I purchase online for $9-10 USD for a few ounces.

All you are doing is paying for the brand name for the exact same product.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2013 3:46:00 PM More reviews by shi1

I have acne prone skin that can be both oily and dry at the same time. I have to give it up to this product for its moisturizing properties because it kept my skin quite moisturized during -40 degree canadian weather. Normally during this season I would be slathering on thick creams to try to keep moisturized which would then be followed by breakouts caused by the creams and dead dry skin clogging my pores. I use between 2-3 drops of this oil on my face/neck during the day, and when I need extra moisture, I add about 2 drops of this to my nighttime moisturizer. I do not get greasy during the day which is fabulous. I might blot a bit after about 8-12 hours but that's about it.

I've used this for about a month now and have experienced no breakouts. I do think it can clog pores if you put too much so I would suggest being very lighthanded with this stuff. I can't say if it has helped with acne or scars because I have other products incorporated into my regular routine to take care of that, but this product certainly hasn't caused any issues.

I like the simplicity of the bottle, but the dropper isn't that great because the oil tends to drip out by itself.

I love that I can use this product for something other than my face. I've been using it in my hair and I like it. It's probably one of the better oils i've used in my hair (but not the best). I put a few drops onto damp hair before I blowdry, and sometimes a few drops after if needed and it doesn't feel greasy. It absorbs into my hair nicely.

I gave this product a 5 in the price department because it seems like there are many cheaper alternatives out there. I haven't tried any others yet so I can't say whether the product merits the high price. So for the meantime I say I would repurchase this product because it works well but this may change if there is a cheaper (but equally good) version available.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2013 2:35:00 AM More reviews by samiiyo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Just for reference, I have oily skin that's acne-prone as well as sensitive.
I bought the smaller size of this at Sephora in December and I've been using this as a night moisturizer since then. At first I was scared to put an oil on my face considering my face is oily, but I read so many reviews that I decided to go for it. I use 2-3 drops on my face. I have a big-ish face though! You want just enough so that you feel a kind of resistance when you're rubbing it around your face, that way you won't feel oil-slick for the rest of the evening. I'd start with an even smaller amount and work your way up until you find what's right for you personally. Moving on.
This moisturizes very well. I don't find it breaks me out at all, which amazes me. Someone below was talking about a purging period but I didn't have any of that.
This doesn't have any offensive, artificial smell, which is pretty nice because you don't want to go to sleep with heavily perfumed products all up on your face. Well, at least I don't.
I haven't noticed a giant difference when it comes to my skin, but I'm young so I don't really have any serious wrinkles to treat. I just think this is a nice, simple moisturizer that's good for night-time and works for oily skin. I'd imagine this would be good to use to prevent future wrinkles.
Another thing I really love about this is that, while it is sort of expensive ($14 for a little bottle), a little goes a very long way. I've been using this for around a month and I've barely made a dent.