MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

3.5

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I tried a sample of this product recently. The coverage is ok... but I really can't stand the smell! The fumes burn my eyes too. I won't purchase this :(

-- EDIT Nov.2012 --
Ok, so I still don't like the smell of this... but I tried a new sample from MAC and it didn't bother my eyes this time. Maybe the sample I had before was old? Anyhow, now I love this foundation. I bought a full bottle of it (don't love the packaging of the product though). The colour is perfect for me and it's not greasy at all.

on 7/24/2010 4:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I actually really like this foundation. Although it breaks me out a bit (I've yet to find a foundation that doesnt), it soaks up the oil in my skin while still giving me a nice glow. The only thing is that it looks better when applied with clean, warm fingers or else it looks cakey. Overall, still a good product though.

on 7/22/2010 12:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I hate this foundation!

Pros: Good coverage
Blends Easily
Cons: It oxidizes after one hr and my face ends up looking orange.
Hate to have to buy the pump separately =(

Try drugstore foundations instead.

on 7/22/2010 12:16:00 PM

My first ever purchase from mac was this foundation. At first I loved it but then I began to notice the first of its many flaws, it oxidises after a few hours leaving you looking like an oompa loompa, it transfers EVERYWHERE, very strong unpleasant smell, and can feel very heavy on the skin. The reasons why I liked this foundation is that I loved the coverage it gave my acne scarred skin and I only had to use a tiny dab of concealer under my eyes, but thats where the plus points for this foundation ends. I did try it again after about a year I had a tiny bit left so decided to give it another go, after applying it I realised why I had hated it in the first place!

on 7/22/2010 12:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have used Studio Fix Fluid for a few years now and at first I absolutely loved the product. It made my skin look flawless and had great coverage on my acne scars/red marks. It's also great to dab on as a concealer if you have dark shadows or bags around your eyes. It does make my skin extremely oily though and I get the occasional spot whilst using it - although that could be hormones! Overall I would recommend this product if you are looking for a foundation that gives your skin an airbrushed finish and good coverage.

Pros -

* Good, full coverage
* One bottle lasts a long time
* Shades for all skin colours & tones

Cons -

* Quite expensive
* Doesn't keep oily skin at bay for long
* May cause skin breakout

on 7/20/2010 8:50:00 AM

I really like this foundation! Even though I have acne-prone skin (in my 30s!!!!!!!!!) it does not break it out. This foundation gives excellent coverage but I oh no, I ran out. I have to go and get another one.

on 7/19/2010 8:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Oh God where should i start... at first a loved it, was my first MAC. The coverage is medium to full, it leave a matte finish at first and last a long time, it's not expensive for a high end foundation ( 30€ )... and then the trouble began:
- starts to break me out REALLY BAD
- i didn't thought i needed that much coverage so started to mixed with my moisturizer but it got ashy-looking
- then it started to oxidise like crazy, 1 hour after i put it on
and even with an NC colour it looks kinda orange-y (i have a olive undertone caramel skin if that makes sense, it's yellow-green undertone)
-after 2 hours it's not matte anymore if i don't use a mattifying primer
-i'm not really fond of the scent but you don't really smell it once you put it on
-i find it very "transferable"
-it does not come with a pump
I'm not buying this ever again, i'm thinking in the MUFE face and body

on 7/18/2010 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I've been using this stuff for almost 2 months now and am absolutely in love with it! I have combination skin that's very acne prone and while this doesn't do anything to prevent breakouts, I do feel like it has prevented the massive breakouts I tend to normally get from my make up. This was my first time buying MAC foundation, but I've had a really great experience with it. It goes on smooth and I just have to use a tiny amount to even out my skin tone and cover my acne scars. My biggest frustration with foundation is how oily my face gets by the middle of the day, but that hasn't happened at all and it never looks caked on.

I will say that I think a lot of that has to do with the moisturizer as well though. I use the Studio Moisture Fix, which keeps me from getting greasy or shiny all day. I've tried the foundation with different moisturizers just to see what it would do and it didn't stay nearly as matte as when I use it over the Studio Moisture Fix.

It is a little pricey, but I say it's well worth the money!

on 7/18/2010 7:48:00 PM

Just went out to my MAC counter today, and tried on a few shades. Love this so far in NW25 (I'm a bit tan). Not impeccable coverage. I tend to be the type of girls who wears heavier foundation to camouflage allll imperfection. I could still see a blemish or two, but overall, it's smooth looking and somewhat flawless (almost a contradiction). So far I'd recommend it.

on 7/18/2010 7:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have such mixed feelings about this product. For how expensive this foundation is, I really wanted it to do better.
The coverage is nice, not fantastic, but good. It doesn't take long before you either start to look patchy or cakey (in the winter time), or need to frequently touch up (in the summer time).
It has a smell that isn't unbearable, but it's not pleasant.
It is very matte, which I like, and the SPF is great.
I gave this foundation a long run before it just burned a hole in my pocket. I wanted to like it so much I kept giving it more chances than it deserved, because of MAC's reputation.
I said I would buy it again, because it's not a bad product, but it's just a little too much money for the actual quality, and the fact that it doesn't have the staying power I like, I can't afford to keep touching up. You can go through a bottle of this stuff fast.
It's also a bit runny, so if you're not careful and you don't have the pump attatched to your bottle, you will spill and waste some $$30 foundation.
I'm going to go ahead and say this is just an average foundation. Definitely has equals in the drugstore. I personally swear by Revlon's Colorstay, which I believe is a steal since it performs better than studio fix, and it's wicked cheap compared to MAC.
If you're just an average "Joe Shmoe" such as myself, not making a ton of money, I would suggest go with colorstay instead.