April 16, 2014 | 1393 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear (old formula)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2009 2:31:00 PM More reviews by sweetie02

This is a good foundation that stays on all day. With a good stippling brush, it doesn't get cakey and has a good coverage. But I can't find a good match for my skintone. I have light asian skin, and the MUA recommended the same color that she was wearing - and she was a slightly tanned, but more close to pale caucasian.
So if you can find a good color match for you, go for this foundation, but if you have light asian skin like me, the color is going to be slightly off.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2009 8:47:00 PM More reviews by jasond51

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

this foundation has stayed on my overworked, overstressed face for years without sliding off. 12 hour shifts as a nurse tested the "stay on" power of this makeup and it pasted the test.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2009 9:23:00 PM More reviews by jhodi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product was my first real foray into liquid foundations. I needed something to cover up my red, angry, eczema plagued skin. This covers everything!

I can't use this everyday because it's too heavy and when I keep it on too long I get these little bumps. However, when I use this my face becomes such a clean canvas that everything I add on top just pops!

Although summer is the time my face goes nuts and I feel the need to hide, I prefer to use this in winter because of how heavy it is. Also, I feel like I need the extra colour in winter when I look washed-out and grey.

Another great thing is that it lasts me a long time and I have to replace it about every two years.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/19/2009 12:08:00 AM More reviews by seiran

Skin Type: Sensitive, Yellow Undertone, Medium skin tone, Oily T-zone, breaks out a few times a month.

Pros: Covers well (didn't feel the need for a concealer)
Cons: color did not match skin tone, too heavy and cakey, caused me to break out a bit more than usual, also it does come off on my shirts and what not even though it says non-transferable. Is only as good as a regular drugstore brand liquid foundation like Revlon or Loreal.

Final Verdict: I would not spend three times the money on a product that does not even work as well as my previous regular drugstore brand foundation. I used to buy drugstore brand foundation when I was a student but now that I have more spending money, I was willing to pay for a foundation that cost 3X more but was also noticably better. Double wear is very thick and that is why it is great at covering scars and acne, however it also clogged my pores and caused me to break out.

Suggestion: Try Haba Liquid Foundation, the colors they have are a perfect match for asian skin. I have a really hard to match skin tone so I always have to find foundations with a huge color range or buy foundations from japan and korea. Haba Liquid Foundation is the best foundation I have tried so far (and trust me I have spent a lot of money trying to find the perfect foundation).

rated 3 of 5 on 8/18/2009 6:46:00 PM More reviews by Bunnybear9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have fair, neutral leaning towards slightly cool skin, and I could not get a good color match in this fdtn. Shell and Ecru looked okay in my bathroom lighting, but as soon as I walked outside they looked too pink or too orangey on me. The coverage is great and it felt light on my skin (I applied sheerly with a kabuki brush). It lasted all day with or without a primer- no ruboff, no meltdown in my oily t-zone. It did get a little dewey halfway through the day but nothing a little powder can't take care of. Great fdtn if you can get a good color match. Strangely enough I got a much better match in DW Light (intensity 1.0) even though there are fewer shades available.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/18/2009 2:57:00 AM More reviews by adorekittens

Didn't really work for me.. felt heavy... Revlon color stay is way better... longer lasting than this and doesn't feel as heavy

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2009 2:36:00 PM More reviews by apirro

Great foundation! I have this in "Wheat" for my olive complexion and I love! Heavy though - I feel like I cant wear this everyday for fear of breaking out, but I wear on special occasions when I know the camera is coming out! Lasts ALL day.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2009 12:58:00 PM More reviews by yunnyunn

As the weather changed from winder to summer, my skin condition changed 180 degree too. In winter, I have super dry cheek and oily t-zone especially the nose. In sumer, I have normal cheek and super-duper oily nose. So I have been in a hunt for mattifying foundation for couple months. Nothing, and I mean nothing that will keep my nose looking matte for more than 2-3 hours, max is 4.5 hours with Prescriptives new mineral liquid MU. Not until my friend who has roseasa, therefore super sensitive, told me she could still use EL MU w/out any problem, I thought I'll give EL's DW a try.

I went at least 3 times for color match at Macy's, and still not able to get the right color. I'm pretty sure DW doesn't have the perfect match for me, therefore I'm mixing it myself every morning. I have light/med skin, asian, my shades are: Bobbi Brown 3.5, MAC SF NC35, SF Fluid NC 25-30, Shiseido O40, Lancome CI II-10N, Teint Idole Buff 6W, Clinique Perfectly Real liquid 12, GA 5.5 (slightly too light), and L'Oreal True Match W3. For DW, I am between 2W1 and 3W1. I do 2 pumps of 2W1 and 1 pump of 3W1 to get to my perfect match. BTW, the pumps are from MAC, DW doesn't come with any pump.

The long lasting effect of this MU is insane! It was able to keep my nose from showing any shine for 6-7 hours, which no other MU could comare to that! Then, I just need to blot w/ tissue paper, then the MU is just as fresh as new. I also checked the Skin Deep website, DW has a toxicity rating between 4-5, which in my opinion is not bad. I have tried other low to no toxic MU, nothing works wonder, needless to say any long lasting effects.

At the end of the day, after 12 hours of wear (I do work long day), I still have a lot of MU to be removed. Since this MU clings onto the skin so "good", I need to make sure I completely remove all my MU. I use Neutrogena's towelette first, then Clinique's mild cleanser. Combining the two, I usually have hardly any MU left on my cotton when I apply the toner. So far, no break out, no weird spots on my face. I do wear Clinique moisture surge on my cheek to keep my face hydrated though, since DW is sooo dry. Moisture surge keeps my face baby soft, yet no shine at my t-zone! I am a happy girl!

I like this MU so much that I also brought the light version. Haven't tried it yet, but I will, and that will be another review.

Update: As I get darker in summer, I use 1 pump of 3W1, mix with tiny bit of 2W1, perfect match for my light/med asian skin tone, plus it lasts alllllllll day! I am loving this MU, and had recommended it to few of my friends. They like it alot too. I did have some break out soon after I started using it. But I kept using it dispite that 'cause I really enjoy the long lasting effect. And instead of cleaning with Neutrogena's towelette, I use J&J baby oil to clean my face. I rub and rub, make sure all the DW is gone, then wash it with Clinique's facial wash. No more break out. Yeah!!! This is defnitely my HG MU! So if you're looking for long lasting MU, try DW!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2009 9:24:00 PM More reviews by slightlystarry

This is a reasonably good foundation. It offers moderate to heavy coverage, so those with skin discolorations will probably be able to get everything covered. I don't have major skin problems, so I tend to apply about 2/3 the amount what I would normally apply to my face with a different foundation.

It keeps me pretty matte throughout the day and, true to its name, it lasts for a really long time. The only problem I have is that it tends to cake up/slide off, but only around my eye area (probably because I have oily lids). I fix this by skimping on the foundation around my eyes and applying only concealer instead.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/10/2009 4:14:00 PM More reviews by Iamsheherazade

I love my double wear – it gives me a soft-matte finish and does not budge all day. The colour stays true all day as well. It can be quite heavy – so apply it with a light hand. I use my skunk brush (MAC 187) to apply it which helps keep the coverage light. I didn’t have much trouble finding a match as the SA suggested a match – gave me a 10 day try it sample (which is great) and when I wasn’t sure made another suggestion with another 10 day supply. I found the first recommendation was the best. This isn’t cheap but my bottle has lasted me a very long time.

EDIT: I am changing my rating as this looks masky on me. I'm not sure why I didn't see it or I just started applying it with a heavier hand??? So... make sure to use the lightest touch.

,.-~*´¨¯¨`*•~-.¸-(iamsherazade)-,.-~*´¨¯¨`*•~-.¸