September 2, 2014 | 1953 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear (old formula)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2009 3:53:00 AM More reviews by rosec239

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

this works well, at first i didnt like it because without a primer or moisturizer it just doesnt blend well. other than that i love it, it doesnt give me any breakouts at all.
the price is kind of high but estee lauder gives away a lot of gifts so it kind of made up for it. mine came with 3 make-up bags, mascara, a mirror, a moisturizer, and my now favorite eyeshadow quad.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2009 10:22:00 PM More reviews by happyfeet071223

I have to say its really long lasting and almost covers everything...but also really dry...even for my combination-oily skin. Im not sure but it seems bring me some acne...i still like the bobbi brown luminous foundation better. Double wear makes me feel I wear double foundation...

rated 3 of 5 on 10/1/2009 10:15:00 PM More reviews by k4waii

It cover really well but I hate the smell. I think the shade I got was a little too dark for my skin (ivory beige). It cover really well but it looks cakey like people can totally tell I put foundation on. I like that is long lasting and covers super well but is too noticeable and blocks pores. I don't really use it only when im going to somewhere where i want to cover everything on my face.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2009 9:46:00 AM More reviews by angeladrylie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

Ingredients: Water, cyclopentasiloxane, trimethysiloxysilicate, titanium dioxide, butylene glycol, tribehenin, peg/ppg-20/20 dimethicone, sorbitan sesquioleate, magnesium sulfate, tocopheryl acetate, phenyl trimethicone, polymethyl-silsesquioxane, methicone, laureth-7, xanthan gum, alumina, bht, sodium dehydroacetate, imidazolidinyl urea, chloroxylenol, phenoxyethanol. May contain iron oxides, mica.

So this was sold to me as a medium coverage, long lasting, semi-matte liquid, and I have to say it lives up to all of that and more. I bought this as an alternative to Lancome's teint idole which I have used for years and love but am abandoning due to Lancome's animal testing. This gave me better coverage than the Lancome, was more matte and lasted better so I am very happy, I did however find the Lancome felt nicer on - more "breathable" and velvety, more kind of elegant, and was easier to blend as well as having much better packaging (a pump which was unscrewable so you can get the last little bit out).

I feel this is more than semi-matte, and gives medium to full coverage. I recently experimented with Estee's sister company, Clinique's superfit foundation and that was a disaster - orange, streaky, irritating and greasy. This is so much better it's unbelievable that the same people make the two products. I have only just started using this, but I am loving it. It lasts all day, and is a beautiful colour that doesn't oxidise the way superfit did. I have the shade 2N2 Fresno 01, which is a neutral shade and it is great at hiding my redness from sensitivities and redness around pimples etc. I do still use concealor, but I am using less.

This also has SPF in it which I like, although it is only SPF 10, and it seems to be a physical sunscreen - the titanium dixiode - which is generally better for sensitive skin than chemical sunscreens, although this may show up in photo's as a whitish cast - haven't been photographed so can't say for sure. It also has vit E in it, a powerful antioxident (the tocopheryl acetate is vit E). In the brief time I have started using this my skin has also improved - less dry, flaky and red, although this could be just from stopping using superfit.

I do find it feels a bit plasticy on and it is quite heavy which some people may not be comfortable with, and you do have to blend fast but overall I may be in love. The one thing I hate though is the wide open neck on the bottle. It is impossible to dispense the right amount and I feel like I am wasting it, which at AUD $68 a 30ml bottle I am not happy about. If only they could put a narrower neck or a pump on it, but overall, one week in, I am pretty happy. Will update if I change my mind.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2009 2:55:00 PM More reviews by caoscalmo

I LOVE this product! I tried it after reading the reviews on here and I have to say that it really does wonders :) It gives me clear looking skin and People often compliment on my skin when I wear it ;) Even on the days when I have acne breakouts (I have small red-ones usually allover the face esp. nearing that time of the month) when I slather this on, it evens out the tone of my skin and gives an illusion of clear radiant skin! I put it with a foundation brush or using my fingers, I don't have to use a lot because it already has such great coverage.my bottle last me for a long time. I don't use any powder on top of it because I like it the way it is (unless for party purposes that needs heavier looking make up). It has staying power as advertised ^_^

I have combination skin and prone to acne. I didn't experience any breakouts or irritation due to the usage of this product. I Definitely will repurchase again and it's now my ultimate foundation, I reccomend it to everyone- my sis is now hooked on it as well ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2009 3:02:00 PM More reviews by ginaleigh81

WOW...I have oily, blemished skin with visible pores and this foundation makes my skin look like porcelain! I'm still using the sample, so if it doesn't make me break out, I will definitely purchase the full bottle. Only downfall is that its a bit heavy and I can feel the makeup on my face...but that's usually with any foundation for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2009 3:11:00 AM More reviews by moloka

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This foundation is perfect for busy days when you want to look your best all day long. it does what it says - it stays without needing reapplication. I don't use it everyday so I don't have problems with break out etc. I prefer Chanel vitaluminare or mat luminare for everyday use but I find the Chanel foundations just don't have the staying power of this. (ie; they are great for a 6-7 hr work day but not a work day + evening)
Definately a fantastic foundation. i think its stay in place power is what causes breakouts in some people (but not me btw). I love the coverage and if I wear a good moisturizer underneath I have no problems with dry spots.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/17/2009 1:31:00 AM More reviews by haleyrenee3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried this opposed to revlon's colorstay foundation..
which i loved.. but broke me out.. but of course.
this foundation broke me out just as bad.. it had awesome
coverage and stayed on all day without getting oily..
but it didn't just give me little pimples. they were big and hurtful.. i never get cystic pimples or whatever they are called.. EVER.. but with those two foundation.. literally.. it NEVER EVER fails..

so please.. don't waste your money!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2009 12:50:00 AM More reviews by asgarcia

I used this foundation for about a year & realized that it's a little too caky to wear everyday. I loved the way my face looked very clean & all my other makeup would stay on & look. However, it made me break out a lot, so I recently switched foundations. Now, after 2 weeks, I don't break out. I would recommend it for an evening out if you have lots of blemishes to cover up or need your makeup to last literally all day without reapplying, but not for everyday usage. A little goes a long way!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/11/2009 4:38:00 AM More reviews by sabbath12385

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I loved this foundation for so long, I had the lightest shade but eventually I noticed that it was making me look really orange and patchy through the day. I also found it really very drying particularly around the nose area and I think it made me break out. Ive stopped using it and my skin has never been better!