December 22, 2014 | 1675 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear [old formula - REFORMULATED]

REFORUMULATED 2012 Please see http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=159975/Double-Wear-Stay-in-place-Makeup/Estee-Lauder/Liquid for the current formulation of this product

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2009 12:51:00 AM More reviews by Histfreak04

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been wearing this foundation for years and I really love it. Im starting to use different foundations just to see whats out there...right now im using MAC studio fluid and Laura M..but honestly I think I like Double wear better. Ill see how the other work out but Estee Lauder is amazing. Try it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2009 1:49:00 PM More reviews by appey01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I have used Double Wear for several years now, but I will admit- being that I am a makeup junkie, I am a sucker for trying new, and exciting products. I am always disappointed when I steer away from DW- and I always go back!!! It is a heavier foundation, however it doesnt have to be. I almost always apply this with a makeup sponge and I never feel like it's too heavy, in fact it's pretty sheer- and the bottle lasts me forever!!! You should give Estee Lauder a shot!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/9/2009 12:21:00 PM More reviews by natao

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I put this foundation on with beauty blender and 187 brush, and both times it looked like I have thick mask on my face. My husband told me that I look unnatural and that my pores and wrinkles are magnified with this. Do I need to say anything else?

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2009 8:42:00 PM More reviews by lovinlife727

Doublewear is the best foundation I have ever used. Using a foundation brush with DW is very important for it not to be applied to heavily. Also, apply it extra lightly in areas that have lines. I always set my DW with a light powder (aroematte) while the foundation is still damp. I don't drag the powder brush, but instead lightly tap it on my face. It lasts all day and I have found nothing else that works as well. If you can't find the right color, you can always mix shades together. Any counter will give you several samples to get the right color. It is true that you MUST remove the DW at the end of the day. It can cause breakouts if you don't. Lauder's Take it Away makeup remover works the very best. The one downside for DW is that it's NOT PHOTO FRIENDLY! Not a good idea to wear it if you're getting photographed. A definite NO for brides.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2009 3:03:00 AM More reviews by flitzerbiest

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Not HG territory (I haven't found mine yet), but this is good foundation. I found that the "aging effect" happens when it goes on too thick. When I used this with a brush, my DW would always complain that it looked like I had a mask on my face. Now I blend it in thinly with a disposable sponge and I seem to be able to get it right pretty much every time. A bit shiny looking at first--I tend to set it will MAC MSF natural--it mattes out the look nicely.

You don't need primer under this, but moisturizer is a must. Blends nicely with my concealer. The only complaint is that I've noticed increased breakouts in the T zone, which go away quickly when I switch back to minerals and relapse with the EL. If not for the breakouts, I'd use this every day.

Its staying power is nearly as advertised. 12 hours easily.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2009 11:11:00 PM More reviews by cara1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this foundation! It really is the best! I don't feel "done" without it! I Strayed and deeply regretted it! It gives such great coverage, you don't need a lot. When I use this my face looks absolutely flawless! Rarely even need concealer after using this. Just gorgeous!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/5/2009 9:18:00 PM More reviews by emyj

I am so disappointed in this! Ive had it since Xmas as I got a giftcard to Belk's so I also purchased Lancome's famous foundation brush (which i love btw) to apply this with. This foundation looks great when I first apply it - by the time I get to work I look so AGED! It turns a terrible color and just looks messy. This is the foundation that lurks in my makeup cabinet and when I dont wear it for a while I think, "ill give it another chance"..especially when my skin is behaving well. It never fails, when I wear this I can't wait to get home and wash my face..sometimes i give in and wash it mid-day at work and just put on something simple like a TM or a compact i have on hand. It does live up to its name and lasts all day, but in a terrible way. it changes color and balls up and its just gross!! I have drugstore brands that out do this crap.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2009 8:08:00 AM More reviews by queenofcups226

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Although it is somewhat pricy---this foundation has been the ultimate best I have ever tried!! And I tried so many--even other expensive ones.
I have oily skin-so this one keeps me flawless, oil-free, and perfected ALL DAY LONG!!

For about $38 dollars a pop---soooo worth it!!!! A+++++++++++++

rated 2 of 5 on 2/28/2009 4:56:00 PM More reviews by trixiebell

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

I bought this product because of all the hype, it was always selling out at my local department store and people would rave on about it. I purchase a bottle after the SA colour matching me with Ivory Beige and thats where the problem with this foundation began. I returned home to find this had turned a ridiculous orange shade on me, sunk into my pores and grabbed on slightly dry areas on my face. It looked un-even and was sitting in every line on my face. This foundation aged me by about 10 years. I returned the next day thinking a different colour might rectify this. I was given Fresco, returned home to find this had turned a really un-natural shade of pink. Back I went and was given Sand which is a bit better but still this foundations is terrible. If you have slight dryness this will amplify it and look flakey, it will sit in every line and accentuate pores. Will not be buying this again. It was just a hype after all. nc15

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2009 12:56:00 AM More reviews by LaBellaLisa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Why oh why did I ever stray from you Double Wear? I started wearing this foundation about three years ago... After a while I got tired of it and just wanted to try some other lines out there... MAC, Lancome, drugstore brands... I thought I found the coverage I wanted in Studio Fix Fluid, it also blended like a dream with the 109...however, by the end of the day I was orange and an oilslick... gross. I compared my SSF to EL DW, and man I can't believe I was walking around with all that orange crap plastered on my face...eww! I am wearing the DW in Linen today and my skin looks so much more NATURAL! The coverage is perfect, the shade is spot on, no oilies, just nice looking skin. I did blend this with my 109 and I think that took the masky look of foundation away. I will be dumping the rest of my Studio Fix Fluid and it's back to my old HG standby DW! That is unless I get my hands on that MUFE HD stuff everyone on youtube is raving about! lol....