November 23, 2014 | 2077 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Dream Matte Pressed Powder [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2007 10:49:00 AM More reviews by DahliaLily

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This powder in my opinion is like silk. It provides coverage but is so lightweight you'll never feel like you have it on. It is better than all the department store powders which is what I normally buy...and I have bought many and spent alot doing so. This powder has no fragrance and is no comedogenic so it won't clog pores. There are enough shades to select from for most people and the powder blends so well that if you can't find an exact match it does not really matter in this case. The price is unbeatable at the $7.99 I paid at Walgreens but that may have been a sale. It is displayed with seasonal makeup and not on the shelves. I mean it...this is the most spectacular powder and I have gotten so many complements on my skin since I started wearing it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2007 2:59:00 AM More reviews by jennstarr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this pressed powder. The reason I find this amazing is I normally don't like pressed powder (I use a powder foundation to set my foundation and to touch up during the day) AND its a drugstore brand. I purchased Beige which is a very yellow undertone beige that would match a light/medium - medium skin tone. It doesn't have any orange in it. If you need more warmth, Honey was a bit more golden tan.

I've used it twice as a foundation over the Age Rewind Double Face Perfector and Cle de Peau concealer and it looked amazing. I normally like a heavier coverage, but my skin looked so healthy and smooth. Amazing. I'm going to try the technique to work tomorrow and see how well it lasts through my work day. It did last through a 12 hour humid/hot day yesterday!

Note: I've been extremely lucky with Maybelline products lately! I also highly recommend the Age Rewind Double Face Perfector. Its brilliant.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2007 12:05:00 PM More reviews by abfabjeanius

I saw this at Target a couple of weeks ago, and since I've been looking for something to mattify my t-zone, I decided to pick this up. The color that I picked out was Cream, which is supposed to match a Light 4-5 in the Maybelline color range.

The compact is sort of neat -- the front is clear so that you can see the powder, and the bottom part sort of swivels open to reveal a mirror and a sponge. I like this format better than traditional powder compacts because you can store the sponge separately from the powder. I also like it better than the L'Oreal True-Match powder packaging because you don't have to flip back and forth between the mirror and the powder.

It's a pretty good powder -- decently milled and doesn't look overly-powdery. I tried it one day without concealer underneath, and the coverage is sheer, but it definitely kept the oilies on my nose at bay for about 5-6 hours. (which is a miracle, given the oily state of my t-zone!)

The color was not bad -- slightly paler and less orange than the Light 4 foundation (which was good!). This, I think, is comparable to MAC Blot powder, except I actually like it better due to the aforementioned packaging. And, of course, you can't complain about the price of the Maybelline (approx. $6).

I did take off a lippie, though, because the sponge it comes with is sort of thin, hard and cheap and doesn't really apply the powder optimally. Also, you don't get that much product -- the pan is really thin.

Overall, I would probably repurchase and recommend to anyone looking for a nice mattifiying powder to set or touch-up their foundation. continued >>

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2007 2:23:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love 3 of Maybelline's foundations, so I was very disappointed when I tried this. This offers no coverage, and Honey, which is my Maybelline shade, was too light, as if they put too much talc in it. I hate that I have to return this. Oh well. This is BOGOF right now at Walgreens.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2007 4:32:00 PM More reviews by ben228

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the newest powder from Maybelline. Usually I do not like Maybelline's powders so much anymore. They just don't 'work' for me as well as they used to. BUT, being the compulsive makeup shopper I am, I decided to try it. It comes in several shades, varying from very pale to somewhat dark. I chose 'fair', which matches their dream matte mousse shades 0-1. It is a light, yellow/neutral powder that goes well over my colorstay foundation in buff. I gave it four lippies instead of 5 because in indoor lights it can look a bit heavy, but strangely looks more blended and even in sunlight.