Maybelline Dream Matte Pressed Powder [DISCONTINUED]

image 1image 2image 3image 4

4.1

Ingredients: Talc, Nylon-12, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Magnesium Stearate, Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Cetyl Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Methylparaben, Triisocetyl Citrate, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben, (+/- May contain: Mica, CI 77499, CI 77491, CI 77492 / Iron Oxides, CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide).

on 7/22/2007 12:05:00 PM

I saw this at Target a couple of weeks ago, and since I've been looking for something to mattify my t-zone, I decided to pick this up. The color that I picked out was Cream, which is supposed to match a Light 4-5 in the Maybelline color range.

The compact is sort of neat -- the front is clear so that you can see the powder, and the bottom part sort of swivels open to reveal a mirror and a sponge. I like this format better than traditional powder compacts because you can store the sponge separately from the powder. I also like it better than the L'Oreal True-Match powder packaging because you don't have to flip back and forth between the mirror and the powder.

It's a pretty good powder -- decently milled and doesn't look overly-powdery. I tried it one day without concealer underneath, and the coverage is sheer, but it definitely kept the oilies on my nose at bay for about 5-6 hours. (which is a miracle, given the oily state of my t-zone!)

The color was not bad -- slightly paler and less orange than the Light 4 foundation (which was good!). This, I think, is comparable to MAC Blot powder, except I actually like it better due to the aforementioned packaging. And, of course, you can't complain about the price of the Maybelline (approx. $6).

I did take off a lippie, though, because the sponge it comes with is sort of thin, hard and cheap and doesn't really apply the powder optimally. Also, you don't get that much product -- the pan is really thin.

Overall, I would probably repurchase and recommend to anyone looking for a nice mattifiying powder to set or touch-up their foundation. continued >>

on 7/18/2007 2:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I love 3 of Maybelline's foundations, so I was very disappointed when I tried this. This offers no coverage, and Honey, which is my Maybelline shade, was too light, as if they put too much talc in it. I hate that I have to return this. Oh well. This is BOGOF right now at Walgreens.

on 7/17/2007 4:32:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This is the newest powder from Maybelline. Usually I do not like Maybelline's powders so much anymore. They just don't 'work' for me as well as they used to. BUT, being the compulsive makeup shopper I am, I decided to try it. It comes in several shades, varying from very pale to somewhat dark. I chose 'fair', which matches their dream matte mousse shades 0-1. It is a light, yellow/neutral powder that goes well over my colorstay foundation in buff. I gave it four lippies instead of 5 because in indoor lights it can look a bit heavy, but strangely looks more blended and even in sunlight.

Video Reviews & Tutorials