April 17, 2014 | 975 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 3 of 5 on 1/20/2010 4:11:00 AM More reviews by Elly902

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Well, I just wanted to put my two cents in here. I have been using this for over a year now. I have acne prone, very oily skin. SO FAR this has been good for me, but I dont LOVE it.Im still searching for my #1. For all the girls that complain it starts to shine, I have worked out the perfect fix for that, sadly it takes 3 other products to do it. You need the MAC Matte Texture. Its a clear gel, I put a bit on the back of my hand, then pump out the foundation, use the brush to bend them together. FIRST you have to use the primer, the one used for oily skin with SPF 50. Then apply make up, THEN apply the blot powder. I assure you you will not shine at all. My BIG draw back with this is that it does not hide fine lines or slightly large pores at all, infact it actually make them look worse. So for the reason, and that reason alone.. Im still searching for a new one. But if you do not have those problems this is a wicked foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2010 6:54:00 PM More reviews by glammisskelly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

LOVE this! all time fave foundation! stays all day long, well i use the M.A.C prep an prime under so i am sure that helps too! but wow what a great product gives me the coverage i want my skin looks airbrushed!!

i have never broken out from this either, if i dont wash my face at night i dont have to worry about having breakouts the next day!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2010 9:54:00 PM More reviews by karibari121

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a keeper! I have dry skin so i didnt think it would look really good because usually when i wear liquid foundation my face sucks it right up and i'm left with gross dry spots. This foundation however is just beautiful! I'v been using it for about 2 weeks now and i have not had any breakouts or anything. It does need to be blended in well or you will have streaks. I will buy this over and over again :)

Only bad thing is that you have to buy the pump seperate. But it is only 5$ so not that bad but they should have just added it with the product.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2010 2:48:00 PM More reviews by enteneu

Unlike many girls, this foundation did not break me out. At first, I did not like this product. I applied it using a foundation brush, and I found that the product still looked pretty cakey. I left it alone for awhile but came back to it because I didn't want my money to go to waste so I applied using a different technique. I used the infamous "Stipple" on method. I still found the foundation to be cakey.

I've given this product another try, this time using my fingers and it's fabulous! When applied with my fingers the outcome is medium coverage (enough to even out my skin tone, cover most blemishes, but still allows some freckles to show through). The foundation is definitely build able. I dab my problem areas with a second layer of foundation instead of using concealer. It lasts all day, (even without "setting" it). I think it's a great foundation, but not the best. There are definitely better alternatives even drug-store wise.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2010 5:27:00 PM More reviews by hodgam8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I really like this product, thus far anyway. And unlike others I think as long as its applied very lightly it can be wore for day, but its also great for heavier coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2010 2:50:00 PM More reviews by Junkie1

I give it 4 lippies because it is a good product. Hides all the blemishes and makes the skin look flawless plus it has sunscreen. However I'm a NC20 or C2 in the studio fix powder foundation and there just doesn't seem to be any equivalent in their liquid format. If I take NC20 I look like Casper the friendly ghost (or the sick ghost!). My other choice is NC30 which makes it look like I went to the tanning salon and covered my body.... I just think they should have colours in between. There is just such a huge discrepancy between those two colours. I gave a 2 for the packaging because liquid foundations should come with a pump, less spillage and waiste.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2010 8:35:00 PM More reviews by shopaholic3286

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I was really hesitant to try this because of all the reviews about how this causes people to break out. But since I wanted to change foundations (my Studio Tech was too heavy for an Australian summer) I decided to just give this a go. I really like the coverage this gives and yet it still feels pretty light on the skin. You don't need much product to give you sufficient coverage. I wear this in NC30 and it's a really good colour match. I haven't noticed any break outs since I've started using and I've been using it for about a month. Oh and invest in the pump, it's definitely worth it!!

Edit: This has broken me out and I've had to stop using it. Little bumps started appearing on my forehead and it took a while for them to disappear after I stopped using this.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/14/2010 4:30:00 PM More reviews by Bridie56

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a good foundation but a little thick for every day wear. If mixed with a little moisturiser can work really well though.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/13/2010 6:22:00 PM More reviews by FrazzleDazzle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Hey hey

Ok, before I start, the main question everyone wants to know: Does this break me out?

Nope it doesnt :) Let me describe my skin: Normal, dry-combination type, doesnt break out easily, non-sensitive, get like one spot a week. My forehead is very dry and my nose is normaly shiny, but not oily. Yes, I have noticed an increase in my spots since wearing this but its not too bad.

Ok, back to the foundation. This is the first MAC product I have ever purchased, I usually boycotted MAC as their products were so darn expensive. My friend recommended them and so she took me to their counter. Bear in mind we are 17 but we look younger. So I asked one of the people at the counter for help getting a foundation, and the girl was so darn rude to us! I was expecting them to be nice and helpful, but they werent. They acted like they had more rich customers to be tending to. So rude! I for one will be making sure everyone I know knows not to shop there now. I told her I wanted full coverage and she basically threw studio fix fluid at me. I liked how it looked under the spot lights, and I really wanted to get out of the store, so I just went with Studio Fix fluid. (thinking that it didnt matter, all mac foundations were good...)
The pump was 1, which isn't too bad I guess, not as bad as some make it out to be.
So I took studio fix fluid home and tried it on using my hands, I didnt have a proper foundation brush (shows how much I care about make up haha)
and it was awful
The foundation didnt even spread across my face properly, so it was all streaky. Especially on my forehead. Then I looked at myself in natural light and the colour was ORANGE.
i was fully mortified.
Then i showed it to my mum who said I looked sick. I tried taking a picture with flash and I looked washed out and a yellow colour. Then I took it without flash and I looked orange.
I nearly cried.
I didnt give up, I went out and bought a foundation brush haha. So I applied using the brush and it managed to spread over my face evenly, and I looked a bit less orange. It looked okay.
there were still some problems: it made me look FAKE.
It made my face look much darker than the rest of me.
Its not light and you can literally feel it on your skin the whole time.
I would never wear it out in the sun because its too think and acts as an insulator on my face, so my face gets really warm wearing it if the heaters on or something. If I wore it out in the sun I think it will melt. Luckily theres no sun in Ireland.
Yes I must admit it does make my face look flawless - but at a price!

I will keep using this till it runs out, as it is better than the foundations I have.
When it runs out i will NOT repurchase from those stuck up money grabbing snobs at MAC.
Too bad that the one time I actually took a chance at buying something expensive it wasnt to my expectations.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/13/2010 2:05:00 PM More reviews by APRjmar

Great coverage but at the same time it leaves your face looking SO cakey. I much rather go for the natural look.