MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

3.5

on 6/10/2010 5:08:00 PM

This foundation can get really golden/orangey as it oxidizes throughout the day, which is a major problem for me. Thick consistency, kinda hard to blend, but provides full coverage for who needs it. I don't have too much of problem skin, so I will pass.

on 6/8/2010 2:51:00 AM

I love this foundation. I feel like i have tried every foundation possible and this works best for me. I use NC27 and i blend it with a foundation brush. I have oily/combination skin and this foundation makes my skin look airbrushed and not overally heavy. The coverage is great, it covers redness. The only small problem is that i have to blot/touch up around 2 times a day with an oil botting tissue or powder but overall its amazing :)

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I have used this since I was 16 and it has always been a HG until recently. Iv noticed the texture is not the same. A frend who used to work at mac (now smashbox) told me that they hav changed the formula to this foundation. Now it is thinner and has less coverage and cakes badly wheras b4 I only needed a tiny squirt and it gave me flawless skin. I wil contnue using until I find another full coverage foundation that matches my colouring. I think its great how you can back to mac and the price is pretty good as its only a few pounds more than lower end brands. However if you want the pump to this bottle you must buy it seperately for around £2.50, and they do tend to break quite easily. And I love the fact that this has never broke me out despite my extremely sensitive skin. Hope this helped x

on 6/7/2010 1:10:00 AM

I absolutely LOVED this foundation. However, after using it for about 2 weeks I broke out. It is horrible to your skin and that is the only reason I would not buy it again.
It was the BEST coverage I've ever had with any foundation. I wish they'd make one that isn't so hard on your skin. Because I'd be the first in line to buy.

on 6/7/2010 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

First off, the sales lady at mac recomended I try a color that is way too yellow for me. I told her it looked way to yellow but she said the yellow would subside over the day, which it didnt. I tried applying it with a brush but found it was harder to spread out and therefore I put on way too much and looked cakey. Since then Ive used just my fingers for applying and it works out better. Still cakey but that may be because its so freakin yellow and Im not yellow in the least. If I use this product for more than 2 days, its guaranteed I will break out. This makeup is also really hard to remove. I only use it when I have a big event or if Im clubbign as it doesnt melt as badly as other makeup when I get sweaty and hot. But even then I have to apply ALOT of bronzer and powder to get the color correct. It seems like alot of us are breaking out from this product and thats the worst. I won't be buying this product again.

on 6/6/2010 11:55:00 PM

I think that this may be the perfect foundation for me, a Holy Grail, if I may.
I always go back to this for a night out and it always seems to make my face as flawless as it gets. Very good for a night out and full coverage. A little of this goes a long way. It can come out feeling very thick but simple solution is to paint it onto your brush on the back of your hand and mix it in a little bit.
The only thing I really find at fault with this product is that I think it is a tad on the expensive side, but it lasts a while, as I've had my bottle since December 2009.

This is my first review! I've been using this foundation for almost 2 years & i love it! It's heavy coverage, plus it makes my skin look airbrushed when i apply it with a 187. The color selection is a little dark, but i like the tan look. It lasts 14+ hours on me, unless it's really hot out, then i just apply this with a damp sponge because it does melt off since it is so heavy. I get compliments on my perfect skin every time i wear this! I've repurchased this many times & ill buy it again! It doesn't look heavy during the day, and it looks flawless at night

I am very very satisfied with this foundation. The MAC salesgirl recommended it because though my skin has been very good lately, it can get a bit oily, + I wanted good coverage that lasts all day. I loved how smooth and natural it looked on my skin.

I've been putting off MAC purchases for a while mainly because of the price (AU$48) of this foundation. Then I realised, I currently pay $18 for a foundation that doesn't stay put til the end of the day, + $30 for a tiny tube of concealer. Altogether that's... wait! $48. Now that I'm using studio fix fluid, I don't even need to wear concealer any more. I couldn't believe that such a little amount of a liquid foundation could provide such amazing coverage without looking at all cakey. Its finish is very natural, slightly matte and great for everyday use- i was so happy that it actually DID last all day. I have very light pale skin and I wear NC15. The girl mentioned it has been known to oxidize, but I found it does only very slightly, and that it suits my skin colour anyway.

I don't like using a foundation brush for this product- i think it's harder to work with than other liquid foundations. I just use sponges, like what the MAC girl used to apply it. It results in a smooth, even, long-lasting coverage that is completely worth the price.

on 6/5/2010 6:23:00 PM

This is definitely the best MAC make-up I've ever used...It offers a good coverage and it doesn't look like a "mask"...It is also long-lasting even when it comes to high temperatures...I live in Athens,so I need a make-up which does not melt during spring or summer months..This is an ideal make up for me!!

on 6/5/2010 2:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

At first I didn't care much for this but then I realized that you get such an even application with a foundation brush that it looks almost perfect! I gotta say that this seems to turn a bit oily after a few hours but then I just pat my face a bit with blotting paper and I'm all good again. I like the covarage of this and the fact that you can apply this several times to make the finish more concealing, if needed. One more thing though... the color selection is bad. It didn't have a fair enough shade for me so I'm using NC15 and BLENDING it like there's no tomorrow.