October 21, 2014 | 2005 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2008 1:09:00 AM More reviews by iwanaga

This stuff is gooooooooooood!! I have used so many cleansers before, and this is one of the best so far. My skin doesn't feel oily nor dry after I use this stuff. my skin feels soft and clean. i usually use at least 2 cleansers, one makeup remover kind and another, foaming kind of cleanser. but in the morning, i can just wash my face with this stuff and be good to go!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2008 11:12:00 PM More reviews by Lunakitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I *adore* this cleanser. In addition to being very gentle and non-drying, it removes makeup ridiculously well. I have true combination skin, and many cleansers can leave my cheeks feeling too dry. Many of the "gentle" cleansers don't leave me feeling clean. Purity leaves my skin soft and clean. I find it works best putting a tiny bit on with wet hands--working it all over a dry face, letting it soak a few seconds if I have stubborn eyeliner on, and then rinsing. Sometimes I'll use this strictly at bedtime since it removes makeup so well and use a more invigorating/exfoliating cleanser in the morning.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2008 11:05:00 PM More reviews by dh494

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

non-irritating cleanser that removes oil & dirt without drying the skin. i really don't think there is anything comparable on the market.. fresh soy cleanser is a close second. update: new formula is not as good as the old one- strong smell of alcohol and more detergents. leaves skin tighter! oh well.. time to find something new.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2008 10:11:00 PM More reviews by deb160

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have used Purity Made Simple in the shower every morning for the past two years. I love how my face feels after using it... clean and not dry at all. Most of the time I don't even use moisturizer afterwards and my skin is normal not oily. It doesn't foam up but I like that and you don't have to use a lot of it so the product lasts for a long time. Great cleanser!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2008 7:33:00 PM More reviews by ashley87

This is a very gentle cleanser. The smell is nice and my skin feels clean and fresh after using. I'm very picky about what I put on my face, some spots are oily and some spots are dry and easily irritated. Purity is a great option for combination skin like mine. Another concern of mine is breaking out....no problems with break outs or irritation using this cleanser and it doesn't dry out skin at all! The only main concern I have is that it comes out of the bottle too fast and if you aren't careful you end up with way too much and potentially wasting a lot of the product.
BONUS: Amazing for cleaning make-up brushes! Gets the job done yet is very gentle on the brush hairs!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2008 8:48:00 AM More reviews by DebWil

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

One of the only cleansers I've used that takes off eye makeup and doesn't re-deposit it on your face!!! It smells wonderful, takes off ALL my makeup. The only reason I give 4 lippies instead of 5 is that I use another cleanser for skincare purposes afterwards. But I think most people don't use the same cleanser as they do makeup remover. Maybe they should market it as a MU remover. Hmmm...
Anyway, I love this and will go back to it. I just finished the HUGE 32 oz. pump bottle I got off of QVC. It lasted me almost a year and half of daily use!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2008 5:00:00 PM More reviews by YaddaYaddaYadda

I've been using this cleanser for years now, ever since I got a large sample from Sephora. It works well for me -- cleanses without irritation or stripping my skin, and I like the fragrance. It isn't very good at removing heavy makeup or my sunscreen, but it's an excellent morning cleanser (or for days I don't wear much makeup/don't go outside). The huge bottle from QVC is an excellent deal (otherwise, it's relatively expensive), though I now get the Philosophy Girl auto shipments. Luckily, their basic skincare package agrees with me.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2008 9:33:00 PM More reviews by fabulous_crystal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great basic cleanser. Doesnt try my skin out or make it break out even though it has tons of different oils, but it didn't miraculously clear my skin either. Good basic morning wash and after-gym face wash. I actually like the smell, and it seems to remove makeup and sunscreen pretty good. Just a good, plain, basic safe cleanser. This got me through the winter when Clinique Liquid soap dried my face out too much.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2008 3:22:00 PM More reviews by kissncole

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Absolutely LOVE this cleanser. I have very sensitive skin and used clinique for a while but wanted to change things up a bit. I got this as a package and absolutley love it. Not extremely foamy, but leaves my skin feeling clean - not tight - and it is perfect for every morning use.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/12/2008 1:55:00 PM More reviews by ngvozdov

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I tried this cleanser after hearing so many good things about it. I have sensitive/dry skin and I broke out after using it. I've never returned a skincare product before, but I returned this one.