Estee Lauder Double Wear [old formula - REFORMULATED]

New as of :)12/2012:Ingredients: water/aqua/eau, cyclopentasiloxane, trimethylsiloxysilicate, peg/ppg-18/18 dimethicone, butylene glycol, tribehnin, polyglyceryl-3 diisostearate, magnesium sulfate, tocopheryl acetate, polymethylsilsequioxane, methicone, laureth-7, xantham gum, alumina, sodium dehydroacetate, disteardimonium hectorite, cellulose gum, propylene carbonate, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, phenoxyethanol, [+/- iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI77499), mica, titanium dioxide (CI 77891)] Original: ACTIVE INGREDIENT: TITANIUM DIOXIDE 1.00% INGREDIENTS: WATER (AQUA PURIFICATA) PURIFIED, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE,TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, TRIBEHENIN, PEG/PPG-20/20 DIMETHICONE, SORBITAN SESQUIOLEATE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, POLYMETHYLSILSESQUIOXANE, METHICONE, LAURETH-7, XANTHAN GUM, ALUMINA, BHT, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, IMIDAZOLIDINYL UREA, CHLOROXYLENOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, [ /-(MAY CONTAIN)IRON OXIDES(CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), MICA, TITANI DIOXIDE (CI 77891)]

on 3/18/2009 11:13:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Definitely gives you a medium to full coverage. For daytime, I moisturize my face very well, apply this sparingly with fingertips where I would normally apply concealer. Usually just to cover imperfections. I then apply loose powder to set or sometimes I use a brush & dab MAC Studio fix. It ends up not making me look so made up & last all day. Make sure you use the EL Take It Away MakeUp remover. It's the only one that will remove the Double WEar foundation.

on 3/18/2009 10:47:00 AM

It is not a good foundation. It covers good, but it settles in my pores and everybody can clearly see that I`m wearing foundation. I did not like it. I gave 2, because you can`t feel it on you skin, but my credit card can feel the price! That why I`m not going to by full size of it (I have a sample of it).

on 3/16/2009 8:43:00 PM

First of all, I would like to clear up any misconceptions stated below;

THIS PRODUCT IS THE BEST EVER!!

Sure, picking out the right color IS confusing; have a sales rep. help you; even then, it still took 3 times to get my PERFECT shade(Fresco), so i do agree on that. But when you do get it, it literally blends into your natural skin tone!! It is not only light feeling when on, but very little goes a LONG LONG WAY! I swear it must be hypoallerginic, And it stays on, all day! From the time you wake up, till the time you use makeup remover to get it off(lest it wont); not to mention it's sweat and waterproof at that! Once set, it won't come off on clothes or anything! And, I have no idea why the review below claimed that it " came off in balls " on her face; maybe she had dry skin or didn't use primer(I use stila's moisturizing primer w/spf; it's a little less heavy than smashbox, but i love both).
Trust me; try this product you won't regret it!
I have used Mac, Smashbox, Dior, not to mention MANY drugstore brands such as Nuetrogena, CG and Revlon; I NEVER could match my skin tone to and they always made my acne/rosacea flare.

I will never go back to any other than this foundation again!!

on 3/15/2009 10:28:00 PM

Wow, I am truly shocked at how awful this is, considering how long it's been around and how expensive it is.

First, the color selection is very strange. I have fair skin (About a shade lighter than NW 15 in MAC, but MAC breaks me out terribly). 1N1 Ecru was way too dark and gold for me, it looked like I had half a container of bronzer on my face, ugh. So I went back for 1C1 Shell, the lightest color, which matched the lightness of my skin but was realllllyy pink (like, salmon color) and the color looked completely flat; I've never used a foundation that looked so ridiculously non-dimensional and mask-like.

Second, the texture of this is the most ridiculous thing I've ever experienced with any makeup. I have oily skin, and although I moisturize well, this was so dry that I couldn't even spread it on my face. It was impossible to blend, even with moisturizer and primer, etc. It caked up in my pores, peeled off in patches.... ugh.

Third, it broke me out, which I was not expecting since this is supposed to be good for acne prone people. I got a lot of itchy little whiteheads in places I never, ever get acne (like my forehead, under my eyes, etc.)

Fourth, the bottle is a heavy pour-out glass thing. Very inconvenient. I guess they think people will assume it's more high-quality and worth the $35... nope.

I'm truly shocked at how bad every aspect of this foundation is. I'm glad it works for some people, but for me, it was a disaster. Thank goodness Macy's has a good return policy...

on 3/13/2009 12:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have been wearing this foundation for years and I really love it. Im starting to use different foundations just to see whats out there...right now im using MAC studio fluid and Laura M..but honestly I think I like Double wear better. Ill see how the other work out but Estee Lauder is amazing. Try it!

on 3/12/2009 1:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I have used Double Wear for several years now, but I will admit- being that I am a makeup junkie, I am a sucker for trying new, and exciting products. I am always disappointed when I steer away from DW- and I always go back!!! It is a heavier foundation, however it doesnt have to be. I almost always apply this with a makeup sponge and I never feel like it's too heavy, in fact it's pretty sheer- and the bottle lasts me forever!!! You should give Estee Lauder a shot!!!

on 3/9/2009 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I put this foundation on with beauty blender and 187 brush, and both times it looked like I have thick mask on my face. My husband told me that I look unnatural and that my pores and wrinkles are magnified with this. Do I need to say anything else?

Doublewear is the best foundation I have ever used. Using a foundation brush with DW is very important for it not to be applied to heavily. Also, apply it extra lightly in areas that have lines. I always set my DW with a light powder (aroematte) while the foundation is still damp. I don't drag the powder brush, but instead lightly tap it on my face. It lasts all day and I have found nothing else that works as well. If you can't find the right color, you can always mix shades together. Any counter will give you several samples to get the right color. It is true that you MUST remove the DW at the end of the day. It can cause breakouts if you don't. Lauder's Take it Away makeup remover works the very best. The one downside for DW is that it's NOT PHOTO FRIENDLY! Not a good idea to wear it if you're getting photographed. A definite NO for brides.

Not HG territory (I haven't found mine yet), but this is good foundation. I found that the "aging effect" happens when it goes on too thick. When I used this with a brush, my DW would always complain that it looked like I had a mask on my face. Now I blend it in thinly with a disposable sponge and I seem to be able to get it right pretty much every time. A bit shiny looking at first--I tend to set it will MAC MSF natural--it mattes out the look nicely.

You don't need primer under this, but moisturizer is a must. Blends nicely with my concealer. The only complaint is that I've noticed increased breakouts in the T zone, which go away quickly when I switch back to minerals and relapse with the EL. If not for the breakouts, I'd use this every day.

Its staying power is nearly as advertised. 12 hours easily.

on 3/5/2009 11:11:00 PM

Love this foundation! It really is the best! I don't feel "done" without it! I Strayed and deeply regretted it! It gives such great coverage, you don't need a lot. When I use this my face looks absolutely flawless! Rarely even need concealer after using this. Just gorgeous!

Video Reviews & Tutorials