April 24, 2014 | 1903 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - Fit Me Foundation

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2011 3:41:00 PM More reviews by Nocturnefata

Let me preface this review: I've only worn this product once on my face and it was for 5 hours.

Now onto the review:

I got this foundation on sale at a local supermarket for $3.24. I had seen it before but not in the lightest color 110, it looked light enough for me and neutral leaning a touch yellow which would be good for neutralizing redness. I went home and put this on in a very sheer layer with my fingers on one half of my face. I had washed my face the night before and moisturized as usual but had forgotten to wash my face in the morning so my skin was oilier then normal. Not only did this foundation match my skin tone very well but it looked like I wasn't wearing anything on my face at all but compared to my other side, it was about 40% more even toned, redness reduction, and less pores. It only covered my dark circles and acne scars by about 20%. I had a small patch of flakes on my nose but you could not tell at all from about 2 feet away. I had to get on the sink counter and stick my face about 6 inches from the mirror to see them. With most foundations if I have any flakes you can see them from a mile away! It didn't oxidize and stayed on fine until I washed. It felt moisturizing but it actually mattified my skin slightly compared to the other side. The swatch on my hand which I forgot about lasted for about 16 hours! My hands are pretty dry though and since I was not feeling well and in bed, I hadn't washed my hands at all but they did get wet while washing my face the night before. I would assume this will last much better on dry skin then normal or oily skin.

As far as the texture and coverage I would say this would be like a cross between prescriptives virtual skin, ga luminous silk, and future skin.

The only cons I see to this foundation are the scent and lack of the pump. I have no idea if this will break me out or if I can apply it in a different method for a little more coverage for the acne scaring.

EDIT: After a few weeks of solid use this gave me a pretty big rash of under the skin cysts. TOO BAD! I loved it til then!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2011 1:51:00 PM More reviews by Julysbaby

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I finally found my color - 355 and it works well. I do have oily skin and my nose is the shiniest by a couple of hours, but it covers well imho. I use the pressed powder and I look like I have dewy clear skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2011 12:42:00 PM More reviews by abfabjeanius

With all of the commercials and print ads, I was curious about this foundation. I got it in the color 120, which is a decent match for my NC20ish skintone.

PROS:
-wide range of colors;
-very blendable texture and did not give me breakouts;
-finish is like a "skin" finish, so it is somewhere between dewy and satin. (More about this in the Cons section);
-SPF18-even though I wear a lotion with separate sunblock, I like having that extra bit of protection;
-very reasonably priced (around $7USD) and fairly easy to find.
CONS:
-the screw-top bottle, as others have mentioned, is slightly messy and could use a pump;
-if you are super oily, you may find this doesn't last on you. For me, as I have very oily nose, I have to blot a couple of times during the day.
-as mentioned, the coverage is not super heavy, so if you need a lot of coverage, this may not be for you.
-the color 120 is oh-so-slightly too warm for me, but the 115 is too pink.

Overall, I am quite pleased with this, and would put it up there with L'Oreal True Match from a drugstore perspective. continued >>

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2011 3:03:00 AM More reviews by swtxos

This is an okay foundation, but I wouldn't buy it again for the following reasons:

1) It only provides light coverage on first application. If you double up then it provides medium coverage. I haven't tried a third layer, but that would defeat the purpose of it being natural feeling foundation.
2) 4 hours after application, my face looks like I haven't worn any foundation at all. I work in a busy office setting and hate to retouch my makeup, let alone re-apply foundation.
3) No pump.

Fit Me does have features that make it a fair foundation for weekend use:

1) The dewy finish looks incredibly natural and healthy. I really like how it makes my skin look youthful and radiant as skin should. I wouldn't mind wearing this foundation on easy going days.
2) The shade 210 Sandy Beige sits well on my skin and is very easy to blend.

I would not repurchase this product because I think Maybelline Superstay lasts longer on the skin and provides better coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2011 5:32:00 PM More reviews by brittanygirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I thought the bottle was going to be bigger, but it's a cute size. I'm NC20 and got 120, matches pretty well. I like the feel of this, it's very light. I have some redness and acne and it doesn't cover up that much. I usually have to put the foundation on and go back over with concealer to make sure it's covered. I have dry skin, so it lasts all day with me. It looks very natural and the coverage is light-medium.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/19/2011 11:39:00 PM More reviews by valt023

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I buy foundation for the coverage, and this product did not do the trick...at all! It just kind of glided over my face, not covering any marks at all. It just made me a little more tan and oilier, that's it. If you're looking for coverage, I would not invest in this! I wish I knew about these reviews before all the products I've wasted money on.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2011 5:37:00 PM More reviews by MzSiStarr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really like this foundation as it does wonders for dry skin. If you have oily you shouldn't even waste your time with this. I find this to be super moisturizing, blendable and the finish is very dewy. Initially I bought this in 320 which is an almost perfect match for my skin. It's a hair too dark for me so I went back and got 310. Now I mix the two together and it's perfect. I don't mind because I always mix my foundations together regardless of the brand. Maybelline FIT is light to medium coverage which I like because I have relatively clear skin with no scars or acne. I use this to even out my skin tone. At my riteaid they are $8.11 each which to me is a great price for drugstore foundation. The packaging is really cute but it would be that much better with a pump! & to me the fragrance is quite light and pleasant. Overall I would absolutely buy this again when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2011 4:32:00 PM More reviews by SlowRnB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

First of all, I am a high end product junkie. Only because of my hinderance of extra spending money due to college tuition did I decide to mozy into the drugstore to get a budget friendly version of my beloved GA Luminous Silk foundation. I bought Fit Me due to reviews and raves on the boards and I am not disappointed. The bottle looks so chic next to my other HE foundations and the color 220 is such a perfect match for my NC30 light/medium olive skin. Just like GA LSF, Fit Me is light, silky, and has a light/medium dewy coverage. It smells a little like roses and it glides on so smooth. I have dry skin and my skin loves this. No flaking, looking cakey or dry with the formula of this foundation. Oily skin people may not like this formula, also those who are looking for more coverage may want to look elsewhere. If you just want a foundation to even out your skintone and have it look a bit better then before, then go run out to try Fit Me! Only $6.99 a bottle which is SO much more reasonable then the recent $15 drugstore foundations brands have been trying to crank out. I hope Maybelline keeps this one around for a bit. This is quickly coming to be my fave winter/spring foundation for SUCH a fraction of the cost.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2011 1:30:00 PM More reviews by cilla2229

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'll admit it, what first sold me on this foundation was it's bottle appearance. Cool & chic. :)
I am the type of person who loves trying new products & switch around from brand to brand to brand like an unfaithful girlfriend... (ha ha)
The second reason I was sold was the price. At only $8.99 with a Buy one Get One 1/2 off sale I also purchased the coordinating powder. The shade was perfect & the consistency just right for build-able coverage. It's light & thin. NOTE: Not a product for those who like full, heavy coverage.
All in all a Great product in some Great packaging!! :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2011 1:01:00 PM More reviews by Kristenhonto

When this first came out I remember quickly swatching it and not caring for the result seeing as it seemed too pink. However after hearing people say that it is pretty good for dry skin like mine, I figured I'd give it another shot. I swatched a few more to find my shade (130). I actually really, really like this. First of all, it smells decadent..very rosy. The packaging is sooo nice, this doesn't LOOK like drugstore foundation at all! The foundation itself covers but is sheer, and the formula is not the least bit drying. I apply with my fingers to get the most natural look. All in all, this looks and feels like a HE foundation but is a steal at around $8. Will be repurchasing.