Maybelline Fit Me Foundation (renamed to Fit Me! Dewy + Smooth)

3.1

(Active Ingredient : Octinoxate 7%), Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Isotridecyl Isononanoate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Chlorphenesin, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates Copolymer, Propylparaben, Fragrance, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Aluminium Hydroxide, PEG-9, Ethylparaben, Dipropylene Glycol, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone /- (CI 77891/ Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)
This foundation has been renamed from Fit Me to Fit Me Dewy and Smooth

From Maybelline website March 11, 2015:

Fit Me® foundation has a new look for its same great hydrating formula!
Hydrates, smoothes skin texture and matches natural tone for a luminous, seamless finish.
For Normal to Dry Skin. SPF 18*
*Excluding shades 330 and 360

on 5/27/2011 4:24:00 AM

This foundation was really oily. I agree that it did blend well but two hours after I started wearing it it looked really oily on my skin - that's with powder to set. It doesn't have a pump, which is why I rated it a three for packaging. The rest of it is nice. I will say that I love the numbering system and that they managed to make a foundation for every color. This foundation was sheer-to medium coverage and just wasn't for me. For a younger teen who just wants a bit of coverage and maybe has dry skin, this would be perfect.

on 5/27/2011 1:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This isn't the worst foundation, but it's not the best. If you have oily or even slightly oily skin, DON'T buy it. It will make your skin look like a slip and slide. The sad thing is I really do like the color of the one I got because it really does match very well! If you have drier skin I think this foundation would be okay for you.

on 5/26/2011 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I haven't worn foudation in ages (like two or three years), so I decided to give this one a shot on a recent shopping expedition. I bought the 310 shade, which matches me PERFECTLY! It's pretty sheer, which I like, but I can build up to more coverage if needed. (Mainly along my jawline, where I have bright red post-acne marks.) I love the packaging, how it's shaped, and the fact that it isn't very expensive. (It's typically $7, which isn't bad, but I got it on sale for $4.50, score!) I've worn it for about three days thus far (I don't wear foundation every day), and I haven't had any adverse reactions. Typically I break out or get clogged pores within the first couple of hours after wearing a foundation, which is why I quit using it in the first place. I've had nothing but good results so far, and I will definitely re-post if anything changes.

Edited 10/9/2011
I was scrolling through my reviews, and was like "why did I give this one a five?!?" I forgot to come back and mention that after about a week of wearing this, I noticed that it was oxidizing to a not-so-attractive orange. So, no more Fit Me for me.

on 5/22/2011 8:10:00 PM

Do not, I repeat, do not buy this foundation. The second I put it on, my face was a grease pit. Also, it didn't blend well for me, and had little coverage. There are so many cheaper&better foundations to buy that are way better that this!

on 5/21/2011 10:50:00 PM

I was so excited to try this foundation, the way that it was packaged reminded me of MAC in a way so I thought hey maybe they will have it as a good dupe. But i HATED this product! i tried it for 3 weeks and it never stayed on, had 0 coverage. I feel like i had to apply half the bottle just to get it to have some kind of impact. It was watery and just awful. I ended up giving it to my best friend, and she had a horrible reaction/break out and had to cut out makeup completely for a few days just to get her skin healthy again. I would never ever recommend this product to anyone. just awful!

on 5/21/2011 10:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I am going to be honest here, I didnt have high hopes for this, as I have read and watched reviews on this.

Pros:
-Goes on smoothly
-Blends nicely
-Love the finish it gives
-Affordable

CONS:
-NO PUMP
-Within 30mins my face looked like an oily mess!
-Oxidizes way too fast, literally took all my blush and bronzer off. My face looked blotchy.
-Not long lasting at ALL.
-Even with a primer and powder, this product did not stay on.

I will be returning this. I forgot to mention that yes i do have oily skin, but ever since i have bought the Olay Face brush thing, my skin has become less oily and more evened out. But after using this product, i kid you not, my face went back to its oily habits again and i think it responsible for a breakout. NOT COOL

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I really like this foundation for mixing or layering with others. I have had so many hopes crushed by foundations that don't live up to my expectations, but I guess I wasn't expecting a lot from this one. I use 110, and while it's a little too yellow for my liking, it's otherwise a good match for my PPP skin. I really get awesome results layering this with Physicians Formula Healthy Wear powder and mixing it with MUFE Mat Velvet +.

EDIT: I took this one down a lippie because it is FAR too oily for summertime use. I will try it again once the weather cools down a bit, because this might be a better fall/winter foundation.

on 5/19/2011 4:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this because I need something to go UNDER my bare minerals on bad days. I bought it knowing it's not a full coverage, save the day foundation.
First, the pros:
- It goes on smooth and doesn't settle into lines or pores
- It doesn't emphasize my dry skin
- It's a lighter coverage so at best it's just helping to even out skin tone
- It makes my Bare Minerals look gorgeous when I apply it, which is what I wanted
And the cons:
- I've got dry skin but after about 1-2 hours I am a grease ball with this!
- I can "feel" it when I wear it and I'm afraid it'll rub off
- It's a bit thin so when applying with a sponge just use a TINY amount. I find I can use the residual stuff on the sponge to touch up around my eyes and nose and there's still tons of product left
- It's really greasy. I can't say that enough. I look oily or sweaty and have to constantly touch up and de-grease. Gross.

All in all I like it for being light and making me look even and toned but I'm not sure I can handle the oily appearance I have. It may be something as simple as my face freaking out because liquid foundation hasn't touched it in over a year. I'm hoping within 6 weeks it'll calm down and even out and I can edit this to be a 5 star review instead of 3 :)

on 5/19/2011 5:17:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I've been using the Fit Me concealer for a while, so when I had a makeup emergency while I was out, I figured I'd pick it up and give it a try. First things first, I like the packaging a lot. It certainly doesn't look like something that was bought from the drug store. It's sleek and simple, and that is what makes it pretty. I also appreciate that it's not covered in giant writing like a lot of other foundations, both HE and DS. I like that it doesn't have a pump. I find that those with pumps never tend to pump out the right amount. I always end up getting too much and wasting it. This makes it easier to control for me.

As for my thoughts on the product itself. I'm not sure I really like it. I don't have oily skin at all, but I felt like I looked a bit greasy with it on. It felt a little oily putting it on, so it would probably be great for someone with dry skin, but on me it just looked a bit weird. It also settled into the pores on my cheeks and made them look huge. I have average sized pores and have never had a problem with them being visible with anything I've used before, so I certainly didn't like that. As far as the color, I am NW15 and picked up 115. The colors, at least for me, are certainly an issue. 115 Is a touch too dark and 110 is a touch too light. Using the concealer (115) on top of my regular foundation (L'Oreal True Match N2), it blended well and looked very natural. The foundation, however looked ever so slightly too dark and had a bit of an odd tint, not quite warm, not quite cool, not quite neutral. It didn't look natural at all.

Overall, I'm not very fond of this foundation. I'm going to continue playing around with it for a few more days, but I'm pretty sure that I will end up returning it. Even if I can find something to make it work and look better on me, I doubt very much I'll end up buying it again. There are a lot of better foundations out there for me.

on 5/19/2011 12:56:00 AM

I was VERY skeptical on trying this foundation because I have combination skin and the reviews on this site as well as youtube were mixed emotions. I liked the Fit Me pressed powder and concealer, so I thought I would try the foundation. I really liked how it went on; I applied it with a stipple brush which worked perfect and gave me an air brushed look. I'd say it's light to medium coverage depending on how much you build it. It has a nice smell while applying and blends into the skin very well so you have a seamless finish and it felt very lightweight on my face which I liked. I don't normally need heavy coverage because my face is usually clear, my chin is my troubled area though. I wouldn't recommend this foundation if you have a lot of acne. It covered up my acne scars but I don't think it would cover bad acne very good. A lot of people with combination skin said within 2 hours of wearing it their T-zone was very oily, but with me, I powdered the foundation after I applied it and it lasted a decent amount of time. One tip though for people who have combination skin; do not use a foundation brush, use a stipple brush because when I used a foundation brush I got oily quicker around my nose area and chin area but that did not happened when I applied the foundation with a stipple brush. I applied the foundation at 2pm and it's now 10:30pm. It did oxidize a little bit, but that's over 8 hours later. It does oxidize evenly so my face still looks good and no one else would notice but me. I was even sweating a bit today, but the only flaw that happened for me was it creased up on my eye lids so I just dabbed at it and it was fine. This foundation works better than my $57 Arbonne all natural foundation, so that says something!

Also, a lot of people complained about it not having a pump, but that doesn't really bother me. It would be more sanitary to have one, but since it doesn't have one, you just have to be more careful as to how much your pouring out so you don't waste product.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Maybelline FIT ME Foundation & Concealer in 355 [Product Review] by DaintyBrownGirl

FIRST IMPRESSIONS: MAYBELLINE 360 FIT ME FOUNDATION REVIEW (MOCHA MOCHA) by Felicia Mesadieu