October 21, 2014 | 1820 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2010 3:04:00 PM More reviews by jungleberry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Very nice. I've been waiting for this to come out onto shelves in Canada for long enough! It was definitely worth the wait though. My first impression of the product was that the brush is a little too stiff and not so great at picking up the product but it did suffice. Both the BB and MAC formulas are thinner and softer and more pigmented than this, but this is still VERY pigmented as it is a deep, pure, rich black. It's also very use to use and layer-able. I got this for 10.99CAD + tax at SDM.
I'd also like to say that this does not smudge and goes on smooth as well. It is a little hard to pick up product at first because it's a harder formula so just get your brush in there, no need to be dainty.
Overall, this is a great product for a student like me on a budget and I will definitely repurchase this.
Edit: After wearing this for a few days and comparing this to my L'oreal felt tip and liquid eyeliners, I notice that it does smudge way more than my L'oreal ones and MAC and Bobbi Brown gels. However, the colour is INTENSE and it's easy to draw the line I want...so pros and cons for each.
I've been reaching for my liquid and felt tip liners more and more and neglecting this. It makes sense, I just don't want to go about my day worrying if this will smudge on me...and this smudges, a lot.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2010 3:52:00 AM More reviews by carlan80

Love this product! Definitely a good dupe for Mac fluidline.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2010 9:29:00 PM More reviews by sweety80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am not a huge fan of liquid eyeliner cuz its kinda hard to apply and it looks harsh on me :( so i thought to purchase this.
I Do not like this gel/cream eyeliner.bought it in black..color is not as dark as i thought it would be,I liked the brush that came with it.. the eyeliner stayed on my eyes without smudging..thats a good thing about it. I just like very very dark eyeliners and this one is not for me. i will keep using it until it finishes cuz it was expensive for a drugstore eyeliner. there are better eyeliners out there. if you are looking for a dark gel/cream eyeliner i would suggest wet n wild gel eyeliner color is awesome very very dark black. i wish only this eyeliner would have worked out for me it really irritates my eyes so i had to look for another. I guess i gotta keep looking for my HG eyeliner :D
:( will NOT purchase maybelline gel eyeliner again!!..

rated 1 of 5 on 3/2/2010 5:51:00 PM More reviews by Valari

For weeks i could not find this product anywhere but once i purchased it i was really disappointed it did not go on smoothly and it smudge right when i put it on. I had to dip my brush in the gel around 7 times just to do 1 stoke on my lid. Im sticking to my Revlon Colorstay Liquid Liner so much easier and faster.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2010 4:32:00 PM More reviews by reallychelseawow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

UPDATE: Purchased the blackest-black colour. Absolute love for this product, it's great. Would re-buy and re-buy

I have never tried a gel eyeliner before, but I have wanted to for awhile. I have a unique eyeshape that I love, but my eyes are deep set, so I try to avoid eyeshadows for everyday looks. I generally like a dramatic cat eye to show off my eyes without too much hassle. I am a liquid liner person, but I have seen many looks done with gel liners and I love it.
I found this at wal-mart for a little over $9CDN, so I picked up the black one called Charcoal.
I have dry and oily eyelids at the same time. The inner area of my eye and close to my brow bone is dry like the rest of my skin. The lid area and under my eye is very oily, so everything usually creases on me. This lasts the whole day on me without creasing or smudging. If I put it on at 9am, but 10pm I really only have a small little black stain line at my crease that can easily be wiped away. It lasts a long time on my waterline, but not forever, so I often skip it for the day and do it for a night out.
I like the brush it came with and I really enjoy the formula.
The only reason I have taken one lippie off is because I wish it were black-er. It's black but not super black or vibrant. More a subdued one. It may be because I'm used to the stark black colour liquid liner gives me but I just wish it was a smidge more pigmented.
I would repurchase as I am happy with the product, the ease of access and price.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/2/2010 10:16:00 AM More reviews by ahpgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this product smudged on me like crazy. after a few hours, I looked like I had some smokey-eye-gone-wrong look. The liner had smudged all over my upper lid, and had transferred down to my lower lid. I was so embarrassed to stay out, that I went home right away,

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2010 11:44:00 PM More reviews by theleaningelm

I was suckered into buying eggplant because the ads were so gorgeous. But let me tell you, they don't do the actual product justice.

Creamy? It makes butter attend self-esteem workshops.
Smudge-proof? Give it 30 seconds, and a jackhammer couldn't budge it.
Blendable? You could finger paint with this. And the eggplant is so incredibly layerable.
Waterproof? I washed a 10-person party's worth of dishes while playing with this eyeliner, and it look fresh applied on my hand after I was done.

And to put even more icing on the cake, the free brush included is soft, dense, and creates gorgeously thin lines.

Today, in an effort to make my flu feel less soul-sucking, I sheered it out all over my lids as an eyeshadow (there are little flecks of gold that appear when you do this!), did a cat-eyed liner, and lined my bottom lid.

That was at 7:45am. Went out bleary-eyed, sweated, sat under flood lamps for a portrait sitting, took a nap, sneezed continuously, cried (a little), and was generally miserable.

It literally looked exactly like I applied it when I took makeup remover to it half an hour ago (11:05pm). I will have to steal someone's camera to show you ladies how amazing this product is, because I have found my holy grail!

The only annoyances I have with the product are that the cap feels and sounds flimsy, and honestly, Maybelline? Are you sure there's 3g of product in there? It looks like I could scrape the bottom next week.

Now, off to see how amazing the other shades are!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2010 3:27:00 AM More reviews by yingvannie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

brought the black one.. very smooth and easy to apply..

rated 3 of 5 on 2/28/2010 11:44:00 PM More reviews by nattyd16

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So I got this a couple of months ago while on vacation, because my HIP cream liner dried out on me. I used it the remaining week I had of vacation, but I didn't really like it. I'm trying to put my finger on exactly why that is, and the best reason I can think of is the lack of pigment. To be fair - I like EXTREMELY black liner. I also was not to crazy about the application. I had to go over the line a couple of times, but that is due to the fact that I wasn't satisfied with the intensity (because it was opaque after the first swipe).
I'll just stick to my HIP even though it dries out before you can even get half way through a jar!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2010 11:31:00 PM More reviews by xxglitt3rxx

♥ Love it ♥ This eyeliner is good for the price you pay. After 12hrs of work it still looked fresh and it stayed on all nite long. Will definitely buy again.