July 31, 2014 | 1988 users online

Makeup Brushes - E.L.F. - Studio Powder Brush

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 1/19/2009 6:08:00 PM More reviews by oxjarymanexo

i was initially upset with this brush because the bristles on it were uneven. it was more angled than flat. so that was a big let down. the handle of the brush is a bit long, which i like. the brush isn't really that soft. when i use it on my face it feels a bit prickly and hard. also, after i washed it, it seemed to lose the little softness it had. its an okay brush i guess. it get's the job done when i'm applying my mineral foundation, but i dont like how it feels on my face. and the smell of it is really bad. i washed it a couple of times and it still hasn't come out. i wouldnt buy this product again unless they made it softer and made the bristles even.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2008 6:57:00 PM More reviews by L22nene

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased this brush before any reviews were available on the ELF website for it. Wasn't expecting anything too great since it was only $3. I LOVE this brush! I use this for my mineral foundation and it gives me perfect even coverage. Does have a funny chemical smell when first opened, but after washing goes away. Have not noticed any falling brush hairs -- overall great brush and even better price!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2008 5:58:00 PM More reviews by thewomanwarrior

This review is for the new ELF Studio Powder Brush, not that crappy Total Face Brush with sandpaper fibers. I bought a few of the new ELF studio makeup brushes and I'm very impressed with them. Each studio brush is only 3 bucks and all the brushes are made of synthetic taklon fibers and have black handles. The bristles do not shed or bleed at all. It is true that the brushes have this weird chemical stench (you will smell it right away). However, after washing the brush once, the smell goes away. :-) The ELF studio brushes are packaged differently than the regular brushes. They are each packaged in this shiny ziploc case (The front part is clear plastic so you can easily view the brush and the back part of the case is silver..maybe a foil type of material). You tear the top portion off and open the case to get the makeup brush out. The Studio Powder Brush is a flat top brush and it is very very soft. The brush I received looks pretty much like the picture on the ELF website (please look at the image of this review..and of course..the actual brush is larger than the image). I was also happy to see that the bristles of my Studio Powder Brush were pretty much even. I've noticed that some of my regular ELF makeup brushes had uneven bristles but the new ELF studio brushes really don't have that problem. Picking up product and applying are very easy with the Studio Powder Brush. What makes this powder brush so great is its versatility. You can use it as a stippling brush to apply liquid foundation (works as well as my Ulta Stippling Brush and my MAC#187 Stippling Brush) or you can use it to apply blush or highlights. I've also used the brush for contouring, especially around the jawline and hairline. I think it might be a little too big to contour the cheekbones but it should be okay if you tilt the brush to the side. I highly recommend that you buy the ELF Studio Powder Brush. Try it out and see if it works for you. For only 3 bucks, what do you have to lose...You won't be disappointed!

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No