E.L.F. Studio Powder Brush

Price: $

synthetic, cruelty-free hair

on 6/8/2009 1:55:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Absolutely adore this brush! I use it everyday for applying liquid foundation. I used to use the E.M. flattop brush, but it's too stubby/fat to work with daily. This one has length, and a medium handle brush is perfect. It gets into every angle of the face w/ease. It also gives a wonderful air-brushed finish. It runs $3.00, and it is better than most higher-end brands. I say this is a H.G. brush!

on 6/4/2009 6:52:00 PM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

OMG my favorite brush ever! This is sooo incredibly soft, doesn't bleed, doesn't shed, AND it's only $3! I have three already they're so versatile- I use them for TM, foundation, powder foundation, finishing powder, to buff in blush, etc etc etc. This is by go-to brush for everything...

on 6/4/2009 12:16:00 PM

I bought all 10 studio brushes. This powder brush is very dense, flat topped, and well made. The bristles are soft. It hasn't shed on me at all, and it's very sleek and sophisticated in appearance. I really like this one. The only con was the original chemical smell...which was taken care of with a good washing.

on 6/3/2009 12:14:00 AM

Of all the studio line brushes I love this one the most! I've had mine for months and have washed it several times. It has never shed or bled on me. Its super soft and its great for buffing out and applying foundation. If there's any brush I use on a daily basis, its this one!

on 6/1/2009 6:36:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

This is one of my HG brushes for blush. I was having trouble applying the hello kitty tippy blush because my MAC 129 would deposit too much colour making me look like a clown. I was very disappointed when I couldn't use that blush until I tried this brush. With it, I can easily apply my tippy blush to give me that nice glow. Now I can buy more pigmented blushes from MAC because I know this brush will give me the right amount of colour deposit.

I paid about USD4.60 including shipping so its a very good deal. I also like the plastic protective covering that came with it.

on 5/31/2009 8:56:00 PM

I hate to be the negative one, but this brush shed after a month. Yes, it's soft and dense like the other reviews had mentioned. The price is right, but I don't want to replace a new brush on a monthly base.

on 5/29/2009 10:55:00 PM

I absolutely love this brush. Not only is it soft and dense, but I find it better than my MAC brushes. This is my multitasking go to tool. I use it to apply everything from liquid foundation, to powders, bronzes and blushes. Go and get yourself one, or a few. You can't beat the price.!!!!

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I would like to add my 2 cents (well maybe its worth less than that but that's another conversation). I think this is a very good MU brush!!! This brush is super, super, super soft, dense and it looks elegant and expensive although it costs only $3.

This brush applies/ and buffs in highly pigmented blushes better, yes better, than all my other dual fiber brushes - and I have a few of MAC 187 dupe brushes. Again, this is a very good MU brush and I use it sometimes to apply my mineral foundation but I mostly use it to apply my blushes to a natural and lovely finish on my caramel color skin. For the price you can't beat it and the only con I can think of is I wished I had purchased it sooner and bought more than one. If you are looking for a powder brush to add to your collection this brush is an excellent choice.

on 5/22/2009 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Awesome brush for only $3. This works great for all forms of foundation, powder, blushes, and bronzers. I highly recommend this soft anti-bacterial brush. I'm going to order another one tonight!!!!!!

Update: you can now purchase the studio line brushes at Target! I have three of these.

on 5/22/2009 10:20:00 PM

GREAT great deal for a super awesome brush.
I mean... $3?! That's crazy!
I use this flat topped brush to stipple on my foundation, and then buff in my powder. It works equally great for both purposes.
It shed quite a bit when I first received it, but since it's first wash, only a very few hairs have come out.
To top it all off, this brush has super soft synthetic hair, and durable handle.