Too Faced Shadow Insurance

4.2

Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Glyceryl Triethylhexanoate, Polyethylene, Trihydroxystearin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Isopropyl Lanolate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Propylene Carbonate, Dimethicone, PEG 40 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopherol, May Contain ( /-): Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

on 2/6/2009 9:25:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Urgh! I do NOT like this eyeshadow primer. UDPP is soooo much better in my opinion!

This makes my eyeshadow crease by lunchtime, maybe even earlier than that and I end up rubbing all of my eyeshadow off. Grr this makes me mad just writing about it because I have to use it up right now since I don't have any money to buy UDPP right now.

The only thing I do like about this is the packaging. I can get the whole product out unlike UDPP. *sigh* In this case I don't want the whole product though...

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I have used this less than my Urban Decay Primer Potion up until I left my UDPP at home and went a whole week only having my Too Faced Shadow Insurance. It worked a lot better than I thought it would, I have very oily eyelids and this is a bit too oily for me. But it did help get me through most of my day without creasing and it still makes my eyeshadow colors pop. The packaging is a lot more convenient than UDPP but again, for my oily eyelids I still prefer UDPP vs. Too Faced. I would buy this again or recommend it to friends though.

on 2/1/2009 8:51:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this after using UDPP for about a week and I noticed little bumps on my eyelides (which might have been from me using a heavy duty lotion on my eyes because they were so dry from the primer potion) and my eyelids were very dry and flaky and a few veins in my lids were more noticeable than ever..This is obviously in better packaging and it goes on more comfortable. Crease wise, I think they are both pretty good, but I notice more fading with TFSI, especially with my MAC carbon that I put in my crease. I'll probably shop around because I'm not 100% happy with this, I also think it matters where the eyeshadow is applied and the brand..I wear MAC coppering on my lids and that hasen't faded much or creased, it's the carbon I have problems with. Buttt to me shadow NOT CREASING is more important than it fading a little so I will deal for now.

I like this product a lot. Its nice and smooth texture and the packaging is awesome. But it does seem to stop working after it hits seven hours or so.

This seems to keep my shadow looking more like it's supposed to at the end of the day than other primers I've tried. Even though you only need a little, it does take it a little while to dry so that it doesn't crease. I have a little discoloration under one eyebrow and have to use a small amount of concealer under it before I apply this. I didn't have to apply concealer when I used MAC eye primer but then my e/s didn't look as good for as long as it does with this primer, either.

on 1/31/2009 6:23:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Excellent eyeshadow primer. You need just the slightest bit for each eyelid, spreads like a dream, is not drying (unlike UDPP, which I couldn't stand). It is a light beige, but does not appear to add any color to the eyelid. No creasing and eyeshadows last 12 hours on me. The tube packaging is perfect -- you can easily squeeze out a tiny amount for each lid, no contamination, no waste. I previously used Alexandra de Markoff Disguise for Eyes, which comes in a pot; in comparison TFSI is quicker to apply and more sanitary, seems to hold shadows a bit better, is a tad more moisturizing, and is cheaper and easier to find. If you find UDPP drying or frustrating, give TFSI a try!

on 1/30/2009 1:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I bought this because it seems like everyone and their mom is recommending it, and to be honest I was pretty disappointed. My eye shadow still creases in about an hour or two, and I don't have oily skin/oily lids. I will say that it makes the shadow color more vibrant, but no, creasing still happens. I won't buy it again, it's no miracle worker like everyone seems to praise it.

on 1/28/2009 6:41:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I loved this, then I found that I like the urban decay alternative even more. They do the same thing, but the urban one has a creamier consistency that i prefer. But this product definitely is worth it, and I'll probably repurchase depending on which of the two gives better deals.

on 1/27/2009 11:53:00 PM

LOVE IT!! I never get creases. It's one of the best things ever invented!

on 1/26/2009 6:16:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I don't have very oily lids. I guess I'd call them just normal.
But this stuff has my complete approval. I spent from the evening of one day to the morning of the next (in between I cried twice and slept) with this stuff on under my eyeshadow and it didn't budge. No creasing, no fading. That's frickin' amazing!