MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

3.5

on 7/22/2010 12:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have used Studio Fix Fluid for a few years now and at first I absolutely loved the product. It made my skin look flawless and had great coverage on my acne scars/red marks. It's also great to dab on as a concealer if you have dark shadows or bags around your eyes. It does make my skin extremely oily though and I get the occasional spot whilst using it - although that could be hormones! Overall I would recommend this product if you are looking for a foundation that gives your skin an airbrushed finish and good coverage.

Pros -

* Good, full coverage
* One bottle lasts a long time
* Shades for all skin colours & tones

Cons -

* Quite expensive
* Doesn't keep oily skin at bay for long
* May cause skin breakout

on 7/20/2010 8:50:00 AM

I really like this foundation! Even though I have acne-prone skin (in my 30s!!!!!!!!!) it does not break it out. This foundation gives excellent coverage but I oh no, I ran out. I have to go and get another one.

on 7/19/2010 8:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Oh God where should i start... at first a loved it, was my first MAC. The coverage is medium to full, it leave a matte finish at first and last a long time, it's not expensive for a high end foundation ( 30€ )... and then the trouble began:
- starts to break me out REALLY BAD
- i didn't thought i needed that much coverage so started to mixed with my moisturizer but it got ashy-looking
- then it started to oxidise like crazy, 1 hour after i put it on
and even with an NC colour it looks kinda orange-y (i have a olive undertone caramel skin if that makes sense, it's yellow-green undertone)
-after 2 hours it's not matte anymore if i don't use a mattifying primer
-i'm not really fond of the scent but you don't really smell it once you put it on
-i find it very "transferable"
-it does not come with a pump
I'm not buying this ever again, i'm thinking in the MUFE face and body

on 7/18/2010 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I've been using this stuff for almost 2 months now and am absolutely in love with it! I have combination skin that's very acne prone and while this doesn't do anything to prevent breakouts, I do feel like it has prevented the massive breakouts I tend to normally get from my make up. This was my first time buying MAC foundation, but I've had a really great experience with it. It goes on smooth and I just have to use a tiny amount to even out my skin tone and cover my acne scars. My biggest frustration with foundation is how oily my face gets by the middle of the day, but that hasn't happened at all and it never looks caked on.

I will say that I think a lot of that has to do with the moisturizer as well though. I use the Studio Moisture Fix, which keeps me from getting greasy or shiny all day. I've tried the foundation with different moisturizers just to see what it would do and it didn't stay nearly as matte as when I use it over the Studio Moisture Fix.

It is a little pricey, but I say it's well worth the money!

on 7/18/2010 7:48:00 PM

Just went out to my MAC counter today, and tried on a few shades. Love this so far in NW25 (I'm a bit tan). Not impeccable coverage. I tend to be the type of girls who wears heavier foundation to camouflage allll imperfection. I could still see a blemish or two, but overall, it's smooth looking and somewhat flawless (almost a contradiction). So far I'd recommend it.

on 7/18/2010 7:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have such mixed feelings about this product. For how expensive this foundation is, I really wanted it to do better.
The coverage is nice, not fantastic, but good. It doesn't take long before you either start to look patchy or cakey (in the winter time), or need to frequently touch up (in the summer time).
It has a smell that isn't unbearable, but it's not pleasant.
It is very matte, which I like, and the SPF is great.
I gave this foundation a long run before it just burned a hole in my pocket. I wanted to like it so much I kept giving it more chances than it deserved, because of MAC's reputation.
I said I would buy it again, because it's not a bad product, but it's just a little too much money for the actual quality, and the fact that it doesn't have the staying power I like, I can't afford to keep touching up. You can go through a bottle of this stuff fast.
It's also a bit runny, so if you're not careful and you don't have the pump attatched to your bottle, you will spill and waste some $$30 foundation.
I'm going to go ahead and say this is just an average foundation. Definitely has equals in the drugstore. I personally swear by Revlon's Colorstay, which I believe is a steal since it performs better than studio fix, and it's wicked cheap compared to MAC.
If you're just an average "Joe Shmoe" such as myself, not making a ton of money, I would suggest go with colorstay instead.

on 7/18/2010 8:47:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I used this foundation a lot a year or two ago and stopped when i got addicted to foundations and ended up with so many i didn't know what to use up, But i have returned to it this past week and i have to say i don't know why i ever stopped it looks amazing ! And i have a lot of foundations Chanel, Mufe to name a few but wow this looks so good ! And its lasting better on my oily skin but im putting that down to my skin care routine now. I will definitely be buying another bottle when i run out im amazed at how well it looks , although i have to say i know a lot more now about application and primer than i did when i bought this first god only knows how i used to apply it when i first bought it *cringe* .... I use a BB Sponge now the application is flawless it has great coverage but doesn't look caked on. who knew i already had the foundation i was looking for and just never bothered with it !

on 7/18/2010 1:25:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

man i loved this for going out..it really was nice for clubbing and stayed on all night..perfect match and i stayed generally matte all night!(my oils are allways on overdrive)...except...it broke me out!! *%^(%$

on 7/17/2010 11:57:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have tried soo many foundations, and they have either dried out my skin or made it super oily.. Not this! I've finally found my solution. This foundation brings my skin to a happy medium. I use loose powder from CoverGirl to set it. It has such a clean, fresh, and soft finish. You really would not believe how perfect this makes your skin look! I'm NW15, which is the lightest shade, so lucky! It's $26, but I feel it will last a while. The only thing I have a problem with, is the way you have to dispense the product.. If it had a pump, it would be perfect. I will repurchase the second I run out..

continued >>

on 7/16/2010 4:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

A good product with amazing coverage. I always revert back to this foundation when a different brand isn't quite working for me. I love it.
The only con about this foundation is not having the pump come with the product.