November 28, 2014 | 1422 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear [old formula - REFORMULATED]

REFORUMULATED 2012 Please see http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=159975/Double-Wear-Stay-in-place-Makeup/Estee-Lauder/Liquid for the current formulation of this product

rated 2 of 5 on 4/3/2009 6:14:00 PM More reviews by cwa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had the SA do a color match with this foundation. First of all there was no color that looked natural on me. Second, it was very thick and mask-like. Accentuated every line on my face and I don't have that many. This foundation was not at all flattering on me and therefore will not purchase. Coverage is decent though.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2009 6:19:00 PM More reviews by 1cig

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Well, I've only had this for 1 day so I'll update if there's any change in my opinion.
I usually wore MAC Studio Finish in NW25, but I found that the color just wasn't right for me and I decided to give EL a chance, I bought Fresco color and let me say that I'm amazed at how lovely my skin looks and so far, It's still long lasting and good looking!

EDIT> I still adore how this foundation makes my face look gorgeous and perfect BUT... make sure you wear enough moisturizer under it and... always (and i mean ALWAYS) remove it as soon as you can...
I didn't for one night and got 3 horrible zits and my pores looked dead. I still consider this my HG bc nothing makes my face look better but just stay away if you're one of those girls who forgets to remove their makeup :)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2009 12:07:00 PM More reviews by floppy3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a long lasting product. I admit that the colour choice is not that great as I found the lightest colour, Shell, to be slightly too pinky and dark for me. I bought this to wear to an evening event as I was sick of having to top up my foundation when out.

You have to apply a slightly heavier moisturiser or more of your normal moisturiser to get a slighlty moist canvas for application. This helps you get more blending time out of it before it dries and sets. It dries quickly so you have to apply it quickly and do your face in small sections. This is a truly concentrated product so you will only need a small amount. I apply this to my day foundation, Bobbi Brown skin/L'oreal Infallible/a slick of Max Factor's panstick, to get more coverage for night.

Not so great for day as it is flat looking but if I am having a bad skin day I just use some creamy highlighter on my cheeks and corners of eyes.The key to getting this to look good and semi-natural is application. This does not layer so do not attempt to apply more over an already dry layer - it will look like your skin is dry and peeling off. BUT IT SURE DOESN'T MOVE!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2009 10:15:00 AM More reviews by avirosami

This has to be the best liquid I ever tried! My face can get really oily, and this is the only one that holds the longest, and looks to most natural on me. I wish it had a pump or something, but I don't mind....with coverage like this, I wouldnt mind if this product came in a bowl! hahaha! I have acne scarred skin and an oily tzone...this product is just wonderful at covering up.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/22/2009 8:22:00 PM More reviews by bellabellabella

I heard such good things about this foundation that I was sure I would love it and I really tried to. Nope...looks waaaay too mask-like for me, it really settles into my pores and makes my skin look chalky. I've tried mixing it with half moisturizer and even then it still just sits on my skin. The only good thing I can say is the bottles must last forever because you really have to use the smallest amount ever. Back to MAC I go.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2009 11:13:00 AM More reviews by lorraine07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Definitely gives you a medium to full coverage. For daytime, I moisturize my face very well, apply this sparingly with fingertips where I would normally apply concealer. Usually just to cover imperfections. I then apply loose powder to set or sometimes I use a brush & dab MAC Studio fix. It ends up not making me look so made up & last all day. Make sure you use the EL Take It Away MakeUp remover. It's the only one that will remove the Double WEar foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/18/2009 10:47:00 AM More reviews by Burningacid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It is not a good foundation. It covers good, but it settles in my pores and everybody can clearly see that I`m wearing foundation. I did not like it. I gave 2, because you can`t feel it on you skin, but my credit card can feel the price! That why I`m not going to by full size of it (I have a sample of it).

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2009 8:43:00 PM More reviews by lhopkins09

First of all, I would like to clear up any misconceptions stated below;

THIS PRODUCT IS THE BEST EVER!!

Sure, picking out the right color IS confusing; have a sales rep. help you; even then, it still took 3 times to get my PERFECT shade(Fresco), so i do agree on that. But when you do get it, it literally blends into your natural skin tone!! It is not only light feeling when on, but very little goes a LONG LONG WAY! I swear it must be hypoallerginic, And it stays on, all day! From the time you wake up, till the time you use makeup remover to get it off(lest it wont); not to mention it's sweat and waterproof at that! Once set, it won't come off on clothes or anything! And, I have no idea why the review below claimed that it " came off in balls " on her face; maybe she had dry skin or didn't use primer(I use stila's moisturizing primer w/spf; it's a little less heavy than smashbox, but i love both).
Trust me; try this product you won't regret it!
I have used Mac, Smashbox, Dior, not to mention MANY drugstore brands such as Nuetrogena, CG and Revlon; I NEVER could match my skin tone to and they always made my acne/rosacea flare.

I will never go back to any other than this foundation again!!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/15/2009 10:28:00 PM More reviews by 0heather0

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wow, I am truly shocked at how awful this is, considering how long it's been around and how expensive it is.

First, the color selection is very strange. I have fair skin (About a shade lighter than NW 15 in MAC, but MAC breaks me out terribly). 1N1 Ecru was way too dark and gold for me, it looked like I had half a container of bronzer on my face, ugh. So I went back for 1C1 Shell, the lightest color, which matched the lightness of my skin but was realllllyy pink (like, salmon color) and the color looked completely flat; I've never used a foundation that looked so ridiculously non-dimensional and mask-like.

Second, the texture of this is the most ridiculous thing I've ever experienced with any makeup. I have oily skin, and although I moisturize well, this was so dry that I couldn't even spread it on my face. It was impossible to blend, even with moisturizer and primer, etc. It caked up in my pores, peeled off in patches.... ugh.

Third, it broke me out, which I was not expecting since this is supposed to be good for acne prone people. I got a lot of itchy little whiteheads in places I never, ever get acne (like my forehead, under my eyes, etc.)

Fourth, the bottle is a heavy pour-out glass thing. Very inconvenient. I guess they think people will assume it's more high-quality and worth the $35... nope.

I'm truly shocked at how bad every aspect of this foundation is. I'm glad it works for some people, but for me, it was a disaster. Thank goodness Macy's has a good return policy...

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2009 12:51:00 AM More reviews by Histfreak04

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been wearing this foundation for years and I really love it. Im starting to use different foundations just to see whats out there...right now im using MAC studio fluid and Laura M..but honestly I think I like Double wear better. Ill see how the other work out but Estee Lauder is amazing. Try it!