January 30, 2015 | 1832 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear [old formula - REFORMULATED]

REFORUMULATED 2012 Please see http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=159975/Double-Wear-Stay-in-place-Makeup/Estee-Lauder/Liquid for the current formulation of this product

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2009 3:19:00 PM More reviews by Meepa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Best foundation I have ever tried - and I've tried a few. When I'm without it - like today for example - I just don't feel confident. It does dry quite quickly so you have to work fast. I do agree that a pump on the bottle would make things easier. Additionally I would recommend asking the lady on the counter to recommend a shade and then going for the equivilent in the next box down on the chart.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2009 11:02:00 PM More reviews by jewelia

As I am reading through some of these reviews looking for someone that might use the same color that I do because I am looking for a undereye concealer to match, I feel like I have to jump in.

For all of you guys that can't find the right light color, DON'T USE THE COLOR CHARTS!!! You will never find the right color that way, because it just isn't accurate. I tried that one day when I figured I would get a refill and forgot to check for the name on my bottle at home and based on the chart, I tried all the light colors and they were awful. The sales lady said she didn't know how to help me so, I just started picking up bottles and there was my color. BONE.
It is awesome but, it doesn't look anything like the color the charts say it is. So, all you fair ladys out there, try the BONE even if the sales lady tells you it is not light enough. It is not yellow, it is not pink, it is just plain old FAIR.

As far as the coverage, it will give you a flawless face if you apply it correctly. I have tried the brushes but, I like using my fingers. You have to work fast because once it starts to dry, you will mess it all up if you touch it and then you have to wash it all off and start over. It definately has a learning curve. I do around my eyes and nose first and work myself out. You can get extra coverage if you pat it on instead of wide and then you have to trust that it will dry to a nice finish and walk away for a few minutes to let it dry otherwise it can get blotchy. After a few minutes, I like to set it with a finishing powder. If you use the Double Wear powder, I think it is just too thick looking. Although, I will use this foundation as concealer over the double wear powder foundation and it seems to work very nicely but, my skin is too dry to do that everday.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2009 2:39:00 PM More reviews by cheerz2u

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I cannot believe what bad ratings this product is getting!!! I absolutely LOVE this! The only thing I have found to cover my flaws, not clog my pores and actually improve my skins look and texture. This was not cakey on my at all and a little bit goes along way. I have very acne prone skin so this was a major plus in my book that it not only made me look flawless but also didn't clog my pores and "allow" my skin to heal. I love this and will def be buying again!! It is pricey but I have had this now for over a month and it still looks like it is close to 95% full. Well worth the money since it lasts for so long.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/3/2009 6:14:00 PM More reviews by cwa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had the SA do a color match with this foundation. First of all there was no color that looked natural on me. Second, it was very thick and mask-like. Accentuated every line on my face and I don't have that many. This foundation was not at all flattering on me and therefore will not purchase. Coverage is decent though.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2009 6:19:00 PM More reviews by 1cig

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Well, I've only had this for 1 day so I'll update if there's any change in my opinion.
I usually wore MAC Studio Finish in NW25, but I found that the color just wasn't right for me and I decided to give EL a chance, I bought Fresco color and let me say that I'm amazed at how lovely my skin looks and so far, It's still long lasting and good looking!

EDIT> I still adore how this foundation makes my face look gorgeous and perfect BUT... make sure you wear enough moisturizer under it and... always (and i mean ALWAYS) remove it as soon as you can...
I didn't for one night and got 3 horrible zits and my pores looked dead. I still consider this my HG bc nothing makes my face look better but just stay away if you're one of those girls who forgets to remove their makeup :)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2009 12:07:00 PM More reviews by floppy3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a long lasting product. I admit that the colour choice is not that great as I found the lightest colour, Shell, to be slightly too pinky and dark for me. I bought this to wear to an evening event as I was sick of having to top up my foundation when out.

You have to apply a slightly heavier moisturiser or more of your normal moisturiser to get a slighlty moist canvas for application. This helps you get more blending time out of it before it dries and sets. It dries quickly so you have to apply it quickly and do your face in small sections. This is a truly concentrated product so you will only need a small amount. I apply this to my day foundation, Bobbi Brown skin/L'oreal Infallible/a slick of Max Factor's panstick, to get more coverage for night.

Not so great for day as it is flat looking but if I am having a bad skin day I just use some creamy highlighter on my cheeks and corners of eyes.The key to getting this to look good and semi-natural is application. This does not layer so do not attempt to apply more over an already dry layer - it will look like your skin is dry and peeling off. BUT IT SURE DOESN'T MOVE!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2009 10:15:00 AM More reviews by avirosami

This has to be the best liquid I ever tried! My face can get really oily, and this is the only one that holds the longest, and looks to most natural on me. I wish it had a pump or something, but I don't mind....with coverage like this, I wouldnt mind if this product came in a bowl! hahaha! I have acne scarred skin and an oily tzone...this product is just wonderful at covering up.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/22/2009 8:22:00 PM More reviews by bellabellabella

I heard such good things about this foundation that I was sure I would love it and I really tried to. Nope...looks waaaay too mask-like for me, it really settles into my pores and makes my skin look chalky. I've tried mixing it with half moisturizer and even then it still just sits on my skin. The only good thing I can say is the bottles must last forever because you really have to use the smallest amount ever. Back to MAC I go.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2009 11:13:00 AM More reviews by lorraine07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Definitely gives you a medium to full coverage. For daytime, I moisturize my face very well, apply this sparingly with fingertips where I would normally apply concealer. Usually just to cover imperfections. I then apply loose powder to set or sometimes I use a brush & dab MAC Studio fix. It ends up not making me look so made up & last all day. Make sure you use the EL Take It Away MakeUp remover. It's the only one that will remove the Double WEar foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/18/2009 10:47:00 AM More reviews by Burningacid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It is not a good foundation. It covers good, but it settles in my pores and everybody can clearly see that I`m wearing foundation. I did not like it. I gave 2, because you can`t feel it on you skin, but my credit card can feel the price! That why I`m not going to by full size of it (I have a sample of it).