MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

3.5

on 7/29/2010 12:40:00 PM

BEST foundation i've ever tried, i'm on my third bottle and still loving it.
I've tried so many foundations over the years and this is definitely the best. Its slightly pricey but who cares when your skin is this flawless!
It applies beautifully with a MAC 190 or 187 brush and disguises all imperfections, whether acne scars, hyperpigmentation, anything! It's a lovely consistency, not too thick but then again not at all watery. It blends on smoothly and masks every flaw leaving a matte finish (great for oily skins as it illeviates shine)
However, if you prefer more of a natural finish or fairly light coverage then this perhaps isnt right for you as it is a medium to heavy coverage i would say.
But give it a try because i defy anyone to be unhappy with the result!

on 7/29/2010 12:19:00 PM

Two complaints: I wish it came with a pump and I didn't have to buy it separately. Two I wish it was a bit less expensive. Aside from that this is the one foundation that I have found to give me that flawless, matte look. I have ache scars from my teen years and I also have mild psoriasis which look like white spots in my face. This baby covers them so well that you can hardly even see them. It doesn't break me out and one gets used to the feeling of the full coverage foundation. If you just want to test before you commit, just go to the MAC counter and ask for a sample. I have applied this foundation with the 109, 187 & the 168 brush. I prefer the 109 or the 187 for it for that airbrushed look. For reference, I'm NW25, Barcelona in the Nars Sheer Glow and Golden Beige 008 in Revlon's Photoready

I'll speed this up by just listing the pros and cons.
PROS:
-Stays on. I went to Islands of Adventures and while I did get oily and gross, the foundation stayed put. A little powder was enough to get me back to normal.
-Doesn't feel like you're wearing anything.
-Looks amazing and is easy to blend.
-You only need about one pump to cover your entire face.
-Matches my skin really well.
CONS:
-Smells weird. It's not that strong though.
-It is pretty expensive, but I think it's worth it.
-You need to buy the pump. Or else it's impossible to get out.
-Doesn't control oil nearly as well as the Revlon Colorstay foundation.
-I've broken out a few times, but I can't be entirely sure it's because of this foundation.
-Looks weird if you use too much.
-Kind of melts in the heat if you don't use a primer. It looks extremely gross.

on 7/29/2010 8:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I hate this stuff on me! I dunno if I got the wrong colour or whatever, but NC30 is extremely yellow in the SFF formula! It also oxidized like crazy and was really oily on me at the end of the day - the slippage was terrible! I only used it a few times after I bought it off a friend and have the bottle now up for swap. I really don't like how we have to buy the pump separate, but atleast its an option - otherwise too much product is wasted. This might work better for someone tanned, dry to normal skin in the NC35-37 family. I'd suggest to go a shade or two lighter with this stuff. I won't buy it again - there are better foundations out there.

on 7/28/2010 6:40:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Oh dear... where should I start? I´ll make the long story short.

Pro
< medium to full coverage
< it can look very natural
< only a small (like pea-size)amount is enough for the entire face
< no irritations // no breakouts
< doesn´t look cakey
< oil-free, so great for my oily skin

Cons
< the colour doesn´t match (NC15)
< it smells a bit weird
< you have to buy the pump for this
< expensive

The main reason I won´t repurchase this is simply because the colour is too yellow/orange even though the MAC-beautyconsultant gave me the lightest shade, so I had to use my Kanebo Kate Powder, which I usually use on "really oily days" to set the foundation, to make this NC15 shade lighter. I would get along with the smell and with the price as the quality is really good and the bottle lasted for almost 9 months with daily use, but the colour is just too dark and I don´t think it´s worth it to spend the money on something that just doesn´t fit perfectly. Pity. I would recommend this to you if you find a shade that matches your skintone perfectly which shouldn´t be difficult for most of you as MAC has a really wide colour range here.

on 7/28/2010 1:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my first MAC foundation and I have been using it for about five months now. At first when I bought this foundation I loved it because it has wonderful coverage, a large range of color so the foundation matched me perfectly, and a major plus was that it was oil free. After using it more frequently I have decided that this foundation just wasn't the one for me... it broke me out, accentuated my pores and dry spots, made my face itchy, rubbed off on my clothes, and the great coverage just doesn't cut it anymore if that is what is breaks me out. I'm glad it had worked for others but this one is a no go for me. I don't think I will even try it again.

on 7/27/2010 8:14:00 PM

Hair: Other, Relaxed, Other

for something that is supposed to be for oily skin
( well that's what the mac tech told me) it's not great
i have to say it gives a pretty good coverage but after a while
it oxidizes (spelling) and it looks awful and the coverage is like gone !
It is the most messy foundation it gets off on anything very easily
very heavy and almost paint like
but hey everybody is different
may work better for somebody with not so oily skin
made my pores huge and a greaser .... ew
this product just is not for me !

on 7/27/2010 1:00:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

im not sure what to think about this product really:

PROS:

-great coverage
-wide range of colors
-easily applied with brush/sponge/fingers etc
-price isnt so bad
-stays on well in the winter time
-people comment on how clear my skin looks

CONS:

-cakey, so i cant build more coverage
-smells like playdough
-OXIDIZES (turned my face a bit orangey along the jawline)
-easily transferable, (embarassing incident with my boyfriends white shirt...)
- kinda melts off my face at about 2 oclock
doesnt come with a pump (unless purchased for $5)

So i guess if i wanted to stick to a cheaper yet well respected makeup brand, i'll buy this again, but i really think the studio sculpt is a better option if we're sticking to the MAC brand. Im goin to continue using my MUFE mat velvet +

on 7/26/2010 6:09:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This is a great product as it has medium to full coverage that you can build up. It also looks very natural on the skin. I bought this as my first liquid foundation. It doesn't come with a pump, you need to pour it out so I would recommend you get a pump for it. The MA at my counter gave me the pump for free! It has a slight paintlike smell to it and some ingredients in it may break out people with acne prone skin.

It covers everything, you hardly need any concealer. I apply it with my MAC 188 stippling brush, by stippling in areas and then swirling and blending it out and it works well. I set it with the MSFN, then use 2~3 spritzes of evian facial spray or fix+ to give it a dewy look.

However, I think it breaks me out a bit around my mouth. I'm not sure because I'm still not 100% sure if it was because of this. I have sensitive skin but I find in other parts of my face it's absolutely fine!

Overall, I like it but I think when I'm done I'll try some drugstore ones like revlon colorstay or revlon photoready.

on 7/25/2010 1:27:00 PM

Even the lightest shade is too dark and yellow for me, it looks great but the color is just gross.