MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

3.5

I found a perfect shade match and I loved the coverage of this foundation on days where I needed a little bit extra, but it broke me out like crazy. I would not recommend or repurchase due to that issue.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This was my first ever MAC foundation and wow, it has an amazing texture didnt look to heavy on my skin didnt feel heavy at all either. I tried it on and they matched me NC40 and well for summer NC42...both matched well and the NC40 personally was the better one being perfect for my olive skin. So I wore it and after about three hours i noticed my pores were visible and so huge mind you I also used a primer and a pore reduction cream beforehand. Then also I noticed I started to turn orange and slightly red. And whole day I had this weird itching tendency my face literally felt soo itchy and i just wanted to scratch it, it was as if their were things running on my face. Then the evening when i finally removed the product my face was like a screen of pimples you could say I was suffering from ACNE. I will repurchase this product but not wear it very often as after what happend im too afraid. The color was a perfect match but I wont be using this product much. Im so disappointed. I honestly thought this would be the foundation to outdo my EL double wear but it seems none can.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Worst foundation ever! Within two weeks of using this product i broke out in horrible cystic acne that took months to get clear again. It provides excellent coverage and looks great, However i will never purchase again.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This was my first foundation, applied by a MUA at MAC and it looked great - but when I came home I've decided it was horribly yellow and didn't match me. I was 15 and didn't know much about my skin then. 5 years later, I can't do without on my bad skin days.
PROS: It is a perfect colour match (NW 40)
- Velvety finish
- SPF 15
- Medium non-cakey coverage
- Easy to blend with my fingers
- With a little bit of Blot Powder it lasts quite long (let's not be expecting miracles here, ladies)
- A little goes a long way

CONS: Setting it with powder is absolutely necessary.
- Rubs off on clothing
- Highlights flakiness somewhat

I don't suggest using a primer under it, as the texture is already rich on its own. A lightweight moisturizer will suffice. A concealer should be used under the foundation and set with powder (additionally in the t-zone) - this will also improve the lasting power of the foundation itself.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

As of right now I am having a love/hate relationship with this one.
Pros: Great coverage, perfect match (NC40), matte finish, lasts a decent amount of time since I only need a little bit, oh and so far no bad reaction.

Cons: The smell is terrible! I still can't get used to the smell I've been using it for about a month. If I don't blend it well can leave streaky face, and must be set with powder. It could get greasy through the day but I just blot with sheets and bye shine. My skin is oily no matter what I use so I deal. Oh and I gave the packaging quality a 2 because you would need to buy the pump separately.

I would probably hesitate on repurchasing this because I hate the smell, but I love how it makes my face look flawless. I use the 187 or the 190 I prefer the 187 though. And I set it with Prep+Prime translucent powder.

I really wanted to love this product, or even like this product. But unfortunately, I don't. This foundation is pretty pricey and it doesn't do great wonders. This looks way too cakey and if you take pictures, your face will look yellow. This foundation doesn't look a bit natural. I would only wear this if I was going to a huge event, maybe. It's such a waste of money.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

This is a wonderful foundation for full coverage IMO but it TRANSFERS like mad.
The fact that it transfers and the mua matched me with the wrong shade (she matched me with NW45 which is too red for my complexion) and 2-3 hours of wear my face starts to oil up and reacts with the makeup making my face even more red and darker which clashes with the rest of my body.
:((

Not only do you have to pay extra for the pump the product its self isnt so good. I'm pale and the nc15 is a bit dark. The consistency is quite thick and the coverage is medium...while it lasts. My skin can get quite oily and this slides of my face half way threw the day. It sat in my pores and made my skint look pretty dodgy after a few hours which is a same as it looked nice at the star of the say. Its an alright foundation but not good if you dont have perfect skin or your very pale.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have used this foundation for a few weeks now, I use Revlon colourstay and this foundation the most. But I think this MAC foundation cause me break out more than the Revlon one. However, the colour tone of MAC foundation suits me more though... as Revlon one is a bit more pink-tone for me (I wear 240), whereas MAC (NC20) has yellow undertone a bit more.
It could be nicer if it comes with a pump bottle.
Follow up: after I use it 4 days in a row, my face break out like insert bite after day 3, red and itchy on my cheek area. I stop using it and back to my Estee Lauder DW, the redness is slowing reduce but it took me a week to fully recover. So sad, I so hope this foundation work for me:-(

This made my face very oily. No breakouts from it per se, but, lots of blackheads. Although they give great coverage, I think that I am just going to have to stay away from MAC foundations :(