November 23, 2014 | 953 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

rated 3 of 5 on 6/29/2008 2:29:00 PM More reviews by addicted2products

I love the concept of this product. An all-in-one gentle but effective makeup remover and cleanser. If only this product lived up to the concept. I think this cleanser does an OK job, and is probably quite nice for teens with normal skin. With all of the cleansers out there, I just don't think this one measures up. When I tone after using this product, I find there is quite a bit of dirt/makeup left behind.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2008 12:37:00 PM More reviews by galaxygoo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this now for about 5 years. I have extremely sensitive and reactive skin that is still combo-oily and acne-prone. Most cleansers designed for oily or combo skin are way too harsh, and most cleansers designed for sensitive skin don't get my skin clean at all. This does it all: it truly cleans my skin, remove all makeup (with the exception of very stuborn waterproof mascara), and it leaves my skin fresh, and never dry or tight. It's very soothing too. I know some are not fond of the fragrance, but I like it. I have no desire to try different cleansers, it is definitely my holy grail cleanser. I buy the 32 oz. bottle through QVC or at Nordstrom's anniversary sale, and it is a great value.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2008 4:49:00 AM More reviews by Kamee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

After going through one bottle, which lasted me for a year because I was using it on and off. I feel it's an ok cleanser. It didn't do anything for my acne at all, but i do love the scent and the gentleness of it because it can take off most of my makeup without irritating my eyes. I'm not too sure if I would buy again because of the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2008 10:28:00 PM More reviews by naomieve

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've tried a few different brands of cleansers but Purity has become my favorite and the one I'll be sticking with for a long time! It's gentle but efficient and doesn't dry out my skin. It works well as an eye makeup remover. The best deal is at qvc.com- I buy the 32 oz pump bottle at $36 on auto-delivery.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2008 9:20:00 PM More reviews by rpolisk

On my second bottle of the stuff. That's saying a lot for a product w*ore like me. Not only does it smell good and leaves my skin soft and not aggravated, it takes off my eye makeup as well (keep eyes closed. duh) so that I know longer need eye makeup remover. will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2008 8:21:00 AM More reviews by AngelSkyFox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this cleanser. You only need one bottle and the smell of rosewater makes me feel fresh and clean. The quality is very good. Very gentle on your skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/26/2008 2:11:00 AM More reviews by Thumbelina1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Talked to a really helpful Sephora rep (helps when your skin type is similar), and she told me I was scrubbing my face too much and to try a gentle cleanser. I bought the 10 dollar small bottle of this, and I love it! The fragrance is calming, it thoroughly cleans my face (and removes makeup), and doesn't aggravate my skin. HG face wash, for sure. Not like cetaphil is so bad, but this seems to do more, clean better and is more glam : )

EDIT: This broke me out and is overpriced for what it is in my opinion.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2008 1:16:00 PM More reviews by CatherineSolo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I didn't like this facial cleanser at all. I was very disappointed because I wanted to like Philosophy products so bad! I generally like a creamier cleanser, like this one, but I found not only did it not make my skin feel clean, it also made me break out. This might be better for someone with dry, sensitive skin. But honestly this stuff was nothing compared Cetaphil.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2008 11:55:00 PM More reviews by sillypenguin

I was looking for a gentle cleanser for my dry, dry, dry skin. I had used so many harsh cleansers to "help" my acne that my skin was absolutely parched. My friend suggested this. My skin was so dry, that even this cleanser made it feel dry. However, after using strictly this for 2 1/2 weeks my skin was less dry. It removes my Too Faced Lash Injection and my eyemakeup even when I used Urban Decay Primer Potion. It doesn't leave me shiny or tight. If you're looking for a basic cleanser then this is it. Foaming ones made me feel tight and shiny. Purity is a simple cleanser just as it claims. If you want something that exfoliates or clears out pores, or works miracles, then keep looking. I love it in the morning and rotate it at night with other cleansers. But I reach for it the most since it takes off my makeup while cleaning. I used a dime-nickel sized dollop. The 16 oz lasts me about a year using it 1-2 times a day. I used it a ton when I was trying mineral makeup samples. Very happy, and I just stock up during Sephora's FF sale. I heard its pretty cheap on ebay and QVC offers a super large size for a good price.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2008 3:32:00 PM More reviews by m1029

i first got this cleanser as a delux sample from Sephora, its non-foaming characteristics threw me off at first but after i used it my face felt soooo clean! After my sample ran out i had to buy it again!
i recomend at least trying this cleanser once, even if you don't like non-foaming cleansers.