Clinique High Impact Mascara

3.6

water, copernicia cerifera (caranuba) wax, stearic acid, glyceryl stearate, polyisobutene, silica, acrylates copolymer, aminomethyl propanediol, vp/eicosene copolymer, sodium hyaluronate, lauroyl lysine, pantethine, melanin, panthenol, hydrolyzed wheat protein, ethylhexylglycerin, hydroxyethylcellulose, calcium aluminum borosilicate, pvp, propylene clycol, acacia senegal gum, isostearic acid, simethicone, dimethicone peg-8 polyacrylate, urea, disodium edta, bht, sodium dehydroacetate, methylparaben, ethylparaben, propylparaben, isobutylparaben, phenoxyethanol, benzyl alcohol, [ /- iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499), mica, titanium dioxide (ci 77891), blue 1 lake (ci 42090), aluminum powder (ci 77000), carmine (ci 75470), chromium oxide greens (ci 77288), yellow 5 lake (ci 19140), chromium hydroxide green (ci 77289), bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163), bronze powder (ci 77400), ultramarines (ci 77007), ferric ferrocyanide (ci 77510)] [iln 30012]

on 2/27/2005 10:04:00 PM

I for one really like this mascara--builds volume and gives a dramatic effect. I didn't find that it clumped, smudged, or flaked so it's good in my book.

on 2/27/2005 9:24:00 AM

This is the best Mascara I have tried. It goes on nicely without clumping and it doesn't give me raccoon eyes. *EDIT* Fall 2006: I have tried L'Extreme By LANCOME and find it even better + Worth the extra $10.

on 2/27/2005 3:12:00 AM

Update****I feel like they changed the formula. This used to never smudge, but now I notice that it does. It also doesn't hold the curl from my eyelash curler as well as it used to. I'd rather by less expensive, drugstore mascara now that it doesn't seem to do what it used to. I still love how it builds upon itself. What a shame.

Update**** This mascara NEVER smudges. It lasts all day.

Original review**** Perfect. I couldn't ask for anything more in a mascara. I think how this is applied has a lot to do with whether you'll like it or not. I just kinda attack my lashes with this, and end up with cutey flirty lashes. Can't believe it doesn't have better reviews. Give it a try, give it time to get use to it, and you'll love it.

on 2/25/2005 12:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I think this is a quite good mascara. It won't give you the volume and thichness it promises, but a nice every day look. I wish it would also be available in brown color, not just black and dark brown. The finish is nice, natural and slightly glossy. I wouldn't buy it (received it as a gift) because it doesn't give me enough volume, but it's still a nice maskara. My favourite mascaras are still L'oreal Le Grand Curl, Volume 4x and Rimmel Exaggerate.

on 2/25/2005 11:27:00 AM

I have very long, curly lashes and this seemed to shorten them if that is possible! They didn't look as long and lush as normal and they seemed shorter and stubbier! It was not what I expected and I will not be buying this again!

on 2/25/2005 10:20:00 AM

This is water resistant, so it does run quite a bit from perspiration or tears. I like mascara that make my lashes hard, so that it will stand. This does not give me the effect I want. I don't recommend this for Asians with small eyes and short lashes. Check out Lash Power by Clinique instead.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

It does do what it claims - makes lashes incredibly thicker!!! But for me, unfortunately as i have sensitive eyes it is a little irritating after a while. Got this product as a free gift with purchase, i wouldn't pay 12.50 for this.

Removal is a pain, as you get loads of little particles INSIDE your eye. Eeeuuuwww!!!!

on 2/19/2005 9:56:00 PM

got this as a GWP -- very satisfied with results however i think i can achieve the same look with maybelline or l'oreal for a much better price. volumes and lengthens to an extent but does not give the dramatic 'false eyelash' look i am constantly seeking

on 2/19/2005 8:54:00 PM

Well i got this in a gift pack and it's really good and doesn't clump for me...nothing special, but nothing's ever really special these days and if it is you'd have to pay like $500000 for it. I liked it, although im not sure how much it costs so i don't know if its worth it. Definetly better than the drugstore stuff though

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

hey! i'm an aussie girl but i get my dad to get me clinique stuff in the US cause its WAY cheaper!!! More than 25% saving. Anyhoo, about the mascara.. i think it's really good. i have two from gift packs one's reeeally small and the others a more realistic size. i have long eyelashes but they're light brown with blonde tips so when i wear this out my friends are like WOW you have eyelashes .. haha .. i recommend you buy this it's really good and it's 100& clump free. Good luck!