Maybelline Baby Lips Lip Balm

3.5

Polybutene, Octyldodecanol, Isopropyl Myristate, Petrolatum, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Polyethylene, Ozokerite, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter / Shea Butter, Diisostearyl Malate, Candelilla Cera / Candelilla Wax / Cire De Candelilla, Vp/Hexadecene Copolymer, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Parfum / Fragrance, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alumina, Aroma / Flavor, Silica, Isopropyl Palmitate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Limonene, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Benzyl Benzoate, Centella Asiatica Extract, Aluminum Hydroxide, Citral, Linalool, Hexyl Cinnamal, Tin Oxide, Geraniol, Eugenol, Aloe Barbadensis Extract / Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Mel / Honey / Miel, Calcium Pantothenate, Ascorbic Acid, Dimethicone, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate, Atelocollagen. May Contain: CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, MICA, CI 45410 / Red 28 Lake, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 15850 / Red 7, CI 45380 / Red 22 Lake, CI 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake. CI 42090 / Blue 1 Lake, CI 15985 / Yellow 6 Lake, CI 75470 / Carmine].

on 11/22/2011 9:23:00 PM

I actually wavered between a 3 and 4 for this product. I fell in love with the commercial, because ever since about a year ago I really took it upon myself to get super soft, healthy lips. A decade of trying on different glosses, lipsticks and balms really left them cracked and chapped (at worst times peeling). So you can see how this commercial really tempted me.

The first few days the product seemed okay. It definitely made my lips softer, but it didn't last long. I had to reapply several times during the day, and my lips don't feel moisturized after it wore off. It's been about a week now, and this has gotten a bit worse (or maybe more noticeable). Lips feel dry enough to prompt me to reapply. Honestly, it's a bit better than almost everything else I've tried (excluding vaseline and palmer's cocoa butter stick), and reminds me of CG lipslicks. Very siimilar effect, with a better smell but much worse packaging. I have no idea what Maybelline was thinking with this packaging...are we adolescents or something?

on 11/22/2011 10:46:00 AM

A very nice lip tint in terms of color HOWEVER, made my lips peel, crack, and feel awful. I even broke out in cold sores from all the peeling. Going back to my Burt's Bees...

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I really like this lip balm. Their is a pretty large color range, but I have mine in the #25 Pink Punch, and it's just a really pretty medium-hot pink color -

I really want to get another one but in the color #5 Quenched. These lip balms are really pigmented, that at times, I don't even apply lip gloss over it unless it's clear because I don't want to ruin the color. The lip balm is really moisturizing, and I really like that it has SPF 20. This lip balm is probably the only lip product I have that has more than SPF 15, which is good too. :) The packaging is super cute, especially the Baby Lips writing, I love!! :) It's nice that the cap is clear so you can actually see the product color inside. The color I have does have a smell too it, but I feel it has a nice juicy scent. :) They say that it makes your lips visibly renewed and hydrated for 8 hours. They say that this lip balm makes your lips 77% smoother and suppler in 4 weeks. I have had this for probably only 2-3 weeks, so I can't say, but hopefully it's true. :) They only cost about $3 at Target, and I was lucky to get it during the first weeks it came out. I just recently went to Target today, and when I looked at the stand, they were all out!! I was surprised to be honest, but try to get your hands on them soon. I would recommend them for the price. :)

on 11/20/2011 5:25:00 PM

I really wanted to like this product...

The smell is overwhelming, at first, I thought it was okay..sort of nostalgic -- it reminds me of chapstick or candy from my childhood. The color I got, the peach color, it's just not a good color for me, maybe for someone with less pigmented lips. The product itself was okay for a week or two, until it started turning my lips into little prunes! The peach color at least, if your lips arent smooth prior to putting this on, you're going to look like you put shiny chunks of sand all over your lips..

And finally, the packaging is horrific. I felt like such an idiot pulling thusly product out of my bag. It looks like it came from a store for preteen girls (Claire's, limited too). There are ways to make neon/bright colors look a tiny bit less tacky. Maybelline failed royally with this packaging, which looks like they're trying to sell lip balm to 13 year olds..

Maybe some of the clear or tinted shades are better.. But I can't say that I'll be buying any of them to find out!

on 11/20/2011 7:02:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I bought this on sale and I actually currently have two of them(originally bought four because they all seemed so adorable). The smell is really sweet and yummy, and it is pretty moisturizing. But you kinda have to re-apply it often. Overall I liked it and it is a really nice present to give to others:)

on 11/19/2011 8:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

i think this does an amazing job with color pay off and is not sort of greasy and slimy like chapstick can be. I think this is what a true TINTED lip balm sound be. it makes my lips look amazing and a bit glossy but not sticky like lip gloss is. The only problem is that it doesn't last that long but i don't mind reapplying as it is a balm and not like a lipstick, bc it would suck to reapply constantly.

on 11/19/2011 4:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

ORIGINAL POST:

Greasy, not long lasting, not moisturizing at all and kinda pricey for what you get! Didn't like this at all.

EDIT:

I still don't like this as a balm for my lips, however, I have found a wonderful way to use it as my cucticle cream... it works really well as a lovely wax based cuticule creat and it really softens the cuticles down nice, smells incredibly beautiful and works a treat. So don't throw away your bottles of maybelinne baby lips if you were not a fan like me - recycle, and use them as your cuticle creams instead!!! :))

on 11/19/2011 4:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Bought this after seeingva commercial for while I waiting for Twilight to start at the movie theater. I bought it in Quench and I dont like the feel of it on my lips plus it only lasts like 15min. It was $4 at walgreens. I'd rather buy regular chapice from the dollar tree and save $3.

on 11/19/2011 3:49:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I'm a sucker for cute packaging. I bought this on impulse just because it was cute. Before checking on MUA and YT on the reviews on these cute balms, I just had to buy it. Not only for the CUTE packaging, but for the price! It was $2.99 at my local Wal Mart. I bought it in Pink Punch and Peach Kiss. The very next day I tried one of them out, and instantly fell in love. The smell doesn't bother me, and I never tried tasting it. It has a sweet fruity smell to the balm. Both of them have a tint of color that's not overwhelming like lipstick. I find it as a must have for when you work out or go to the gym. In fact, I compare it to Fresh's lip balm. Just not as pricey! It's not as smooth as Fresh, but it does the same job. This is a must have in my book. GOOD JOB MAYBELLINE!

on 11/18/2011 11:39:00 PM

Love this stuff! I'm a LS junkie, and I think I'm converting to just this. It has great natural pigment, very soothing and makes my lips look bigger. I bought the Peach Kiss, a great nude shade, and the Pink Punch. Just got today, and have mostly worn the pink, love this shade, but I think I'll buy more tomorrow. I paid $3.99 each @ Walgeens. I'm actually going to buy back ups b/c I know they will d/c. Can't believe, with all of my high end LS, I'm even saying this, but I like it that much!
UPDATE: after a week of use, this stuff really fried out my lips. Won't buy again.

Popular Lip Treatments