Maybelline Baby Lips Lip Balm

3.6

Polybutene, Octyldodecanol, Isopropyl Myristate, Petrolatum, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Polyethylene, Ozokerite, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter / Shea Butter, Diisostearyl Malate, Candelilla Cera / Candelilla Wax / Cire De Candelilla, Vp/Hexadecene Copolymer, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Parfum / Fragrance, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alumina, Aroma / Flavor, Silica, Isopropyl Palmitate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Limonene, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Benzyl Benzoate, Centella Asiatica Extract, Aluminum Hydroxide, Citral, Linalool, Hexyl Cinnamal, Tin Oxide, Geraniol, Eugenol, Aloe Barbadensis Extract / Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Mel / Honey / Miel, Calcium Pantothenate, Ascorbic Acid, Dimethicone, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate, Atelocollagen. May Contain: CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, MICA, CI 45410 / Red 28 Lake, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 15850 / Red 7, CI 45380 / Red 22 Lake, CI 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake. CI 42090 / Blue 1 Lake, CI 15985 / Yellow 6 Lake, CI 75470 / Carmine].

I bought this for the cute packaging!! It's basically Chapstick. Cheap-tasting flavors. :( Not great, not horrible. *EDIT* I keep going back to the clear mint one.. perfect balm for under lipstick. Better than Chapstick (not waxy at all).

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I have been waiting for these since the summer!! I bought the Peach Kiss, and it smells great! The color is really pretty too! It goes on so smooth, not sticky at all! The only thing I don't like is that with the peach one at least, its a little shimmery, which I don't think it should be for a balm. I really want to try the Pink Punch and Quenched. For the price they're awesome! And the packaging is so cute!!

on 10/30/2011 8:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

I tried this based on the youtube videos raving about the Baby Lips balm. I wanted something tinted to keep in my makeup bag that would deposit a bit of color when I am not in the mood to reapply my lipstick. I picked up Cherry which smells like cherry Popsicles. I have very pigmented lips so this leaves behind the slightest hint of pink, like I was just eating a popsicle. Nothing to write home about. It reminds me a lot of cherry chapstick (which is my favorite chapstick ever). I like the packaging though I could see the plastic covering breaking/cracking very easily. I would try the other ones if I ran out but it doesn't replace my chapstick but it's a nice alternative to have. I paid about $4 at my walgreens. I would like to try the purple one and maybe the pink one next.

on 10/30/2011 5:25:00 PM

I got this in two colors- peach kiss and grape vine. The packaging is cute and the smell and taste isn't overbearing. I ended up liking the grape one better, it adds a nice tint to my lips. They had a buy one get one half off at cvs so I only paid about $6 for both. My only complaint is that they don't last very long on my lips. But they were cheap and cute so I'm enjoying them overall!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Great lip balm. Has a tint and smells great.

on 10/29/2011 10:52:00 PM

I bought two of these for myself. I bought the cherry one and the pink (peach, I think) one. I've used them a couple of days by now. So far, I like them. They're a lip tint so they add a little bit of color to your lips. Subtle enough to wear daily, they make my lips look smooth and nice. The cherry one smells really good, and although I wouldn't say the pink one smells bad, I don't really notice the scent. Which is fine by me. It does add moisture to my lips, but I wouldn't have it replace my blistex. This, from my experience, isn't surprising. I've noticed that lip healing products that also tint your lips don't really seem to focus on the healing chapped lips part. The color stays on my lips really well. If I put my lips to my skin, I don't see an imprint.

I bought them for buy one get one half price, so I got a really good deal. Probably about $6 total, which is cheaper than one lipstick (although the two are quite different things). The packaging is cute, but I think it was targeted to a pretty young audience.

on 10/29/2011 8:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

This lipbalm sucks! dont waste your money. I actually think my lips got drier after using this for about a week. Going back to my Nivea or Blistex!

on 10/29/2011 7:52:00 PM

I bought this because I really like the packaging. That's probably the best thing about it, though the name is kind of...tacky, almost, haha. I got the red one... Cherry something.

If you look at the ingredients, it's pretty much the same thing as normal Chapstick brand chapstick. I have to reapply fairly often, if I don't it leaves my lips feeling dry, so really it's not very moisturizing.

I like the smell though it's kind of cheapy smelling but I mean I sort of expected that. I like the color it gives me, it's like a light tint of red. I probably wouldn't buy it again because I can get better, more moisturizing lip balms for the same price.

on 10/29/2011 7:17:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I had been debating whether or not to try this, and finally decided to give it a chance. Just in time- when I got to the store there were only 2 packages left in the display. 1 was a clear one, and 1 was the Cherry Me. As I am alabaster fair, I decided on the Cherry Me (I HAVE to have color on my face)
When I opened it up, I checked out the scent, and it's your typical fake fruity lip balm smell, not offensive, but nothing to go crazy for either. When applying the product, it feels so smooth and buttery soft, also very light- there is no waxy quality to this. It left a very sheer wash of color, which I really liked. There was a hint of gleam, but it isn't glossy...the color looks very natural. Worn with my concealer and Maybelline Full 'N Soft waterpoof mascara, I had a very pretty day. I looked totally natural, like myself only way better.
Having said all that, this isn't a HG. The balm, while feeling soft upon application, doesn't really seem to add moisture to my lips. Rather it leaves a layer of product on them. It requires hourly application for me. And it also migrates horribly, turning my beautiful natural look into a Bozo one. I will finish the tube, using it on lazy days for a natural look, but it's nothing I would purchase again. For the price you pay, I really can't get too upset over it being somewhat of a dud:)

on 10/29/2011 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have this in Grape Vine and I liked it a lot when I first got it. This particular shade is dark purple in the tube and it shows up fairly well on me. My lips are very pigmented and most tinted balms don't show up at all. This makes my lips look slightly darker and leaves a hint of purple (almost wine-colored) and leaves a nice sheen. I have since come to realize this sucks as an actual lip balm however. I have very dry lips and now that the weather is getting colder I wanted something more moisturizing than lipstick. This actually seems to make my lips drier than before. It doesn't last on my lips either. I feel like I need to reapply every 20 minutes. It also smells strongly of grape Kool-Aid though it has no taste. If you are looking for a drugstore tinted balm, try Dr. Pepper Lip Smackers. It is better and cheaper.

Popular Lip Treatments