August 27, 2014 | 1749 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - Fit Me Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2011 8:38:00 PM More reviews by ATLred

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I've been using this foundation along with the matching concealer, blush and powder for about a month now. I used mineral powder foundations for several years, so it took a few days to get used to wearing liquid again. I like the look it gives my somewhat dry skin. The color match is great and it's not too heavy. I few acne scars that are easily covered for a flawless finish. It lasts all day without touch ups. I also haven't had any breakouts since I started using it. Always great for my super sensitive skin!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2011 5:55:00 PM More reviews by Chelles93

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Tried it side-by-side with Revlon Age Defying and ColorStay for Normal/Dry. Gave me more cover than the Age Defying and less than ColorStay.

Bought shade 210, and it was very, very yellow. It seemed to blend in pretty well and I couldn't detect yellowness after I blended it.

Coverage was light-to-medium. I need more coverage for my acne scars and broken capillaries.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/17/2011 5:31:00 PM More reviews by breakfastsong

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I was excited to try this out. Unfortunately for my combo skin this ended up looking greasy by the end of the day on me. I bought 110 thinking it would turn out more warmer toned than when it was applied on my face.

My mom who has dry skin loved this, so I def. think this foundation is better for those with dry skin who want a dewey, light-med. coverage foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2011 3:57:00 PM More reviews by auricblaze4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I just bought this today at CVS for about 8 dollars in the shade 315 (soft honey). I applied this with a foundation brush and set it with some translucent powder. The shade is a bit light, but good enough. I have very warm undertones, so this is a little pink for me. The next shade up was too dark and orange-y though. Oh well.

I wish more drugstore foundations came with pumps because I poured way too much out for use. This is a very liquid-y foundation and is pretty nice for my combination-dry skin. The finish is dewy and makes my skin look flawless with its medium coverage.

The foundation feels a bit heavy and mask-like (probably because I don't use foundation daily, and if I pick something it's usually powder). I probably won't repurchase this because it will last me a while.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2011 2:51:00 PM More reviews by bambigirl0512

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I really liked this foundation. I never wear liquid, always powder, but after hearing reviews that it is supposed to be very natural I decided to try it. I really like it. It provides light coverage, which is all I need. The color swatches on the display helped me choose the perfect color for my fair skin, 115. I've tried applying it with my fingers, and with a sponge. They both work well. I have combo/oily skin and this does not cake up or make my skin look worse, as some other reviewers have said. I do not use a primer either! This stays put for me all day. I plan on trying the rest of the line. I really love this foundation. It is definitely worth a try for the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/17/2011 2:48:00 AM More reviews by bbyy

I enjoyed the dewy finish but when worn in a humid area or in the club where a lot of people are around, it almost makes you look really sweaty and oily when you're not. This foundation was very easy to blend and was also a great price.
I also enjoy the smell but I wouldnt recommend this foundation to people with oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2011 4:39:00 PM More reviews by kmelgoza

overall i like this foundation along with the revlon colorstay. has great staying power, blends to my skin very well, im an nc30 and the shade 220 was perfect! the coverage is definitely build able. and for the price you cant complain!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/15/2011 4:00:00 PM More reviews by ParisPastels

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I don't really purchase Maybelline products so this was a definite disappointment. It has to be the worst foundation I have ever bought. The Fit Me Foundation created noticeable dry patches on my skin, which never happened to me since my skin is the definition of oily. The foundation was very heavy and moist, which provided no coverage since it seemed to wipe right off if I touched my face. The color didn't seem to match up well with my skin tone either. I appeared a lot lighter with way too much makeup on. I don't recommend it, however, some results may vary with each individual.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/14/2011 3:05:00 PM More reviews by toadflower

I really wanted to love this product. I was intrigued by Maybelline's marketing campaign in magazines and TV. The packaging looks great, and it seemed the line had a match for a diverse population. The price ran from $7.99 at CVS to $6.50 at Target stores.

For reference, I wear Beige in Bobbi Brown foundations, W3 in L'Oreal True Match and Nude Beige in L'Oreal Visible Lift foundations. I haven't used MAC foundations in a really long time, but wore NC300 in Hyper Real before it was discontinued. I imagine my MAC shade would be about a NC25.

Maybelline's Fit Me Foundation seemed great initially, with a light watery consistency. As mentioned by most reviewers, it does give a sheer and dewy finish, but sometimes dewy ends up looking and feeling very oily. Where this product fails to "Fit Me" is in the shades available. I initially bought 210 (lightest of the medium shades), the yellow in it was good but it was too dark for my light skin. Moving to the 100 shades for light skin, I tried 120, good for my light skin but too pink. I tried 125, which I think was the best match, but it had a peach tone which ended up making me look too tan by the end of the day. I even tried 130, which was much too dark and orange.

I really wanted to find a less expensive alternative to my Bobbi Brown foundation, but there's something to be said about getting better quality with the department store brands. Bobbi Brown's foundations have a great shade range. I am using the Natural Finish foundation currently, but have been noticing some major oxidation (orange) by the end of the day. I am impressed however with L'Oreal's Visible Lift Serum Absolute foundation. For $12, it seems to work as well as BB. The Nude Beige shade works well, much better than any of the Fit Me colors.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/14/2011 1:54:00 PM More reviews by venteux

It's my first day using this foundation and I am liking it so far. I've been using Shu uemura's foundation for awhile but it's just too expensive for my budget! I have sensitive skin with an oily t-zone and dry cheeks, and I don't find that this foundation makes me any oilier. The colour is a perfect match (I'm an NC35, and used 220). So far I haven't had any breakouts or reactions. The foundation is pretty sheer, and that's the way I like it, as I don't have a lot of blemishes. The bottle could use a pump, but at this price point (I bought it on sale for $7.99 CDN), I can't complain! I will continue using this unless I start getting irritations or breakouts.
UPDATE: Broke out. Oh well. It's disappointing because I really did like this foundation. Back to Shu!