Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

3.9

cyclopentasiloxane, propylsilsesquioxane, ceresin, isodecane, cyclohexasiloxane, caprylyl methicone, synthetic fluorphlogopite, silica silyate, disteardimonium hectorite, disodium stearoyl glutamate, propylene carbonate, candelilla wax, caprylyl glycol, aluminum hydroxide, calcium sodium borosilicate, calcium aluminum borosilicate, silica, tin oxide. [ ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499/iron oxides, mica, ci 77491/titanium dioxide, ci 77007/ultramarines, ci 77510/ferric ferrocyanide, ci 77288/chromium oxide greens, ci 77289/chromium hydroxide green, ci 77742/manganese violet, ci 42090/blue 1 lake, ci 19140/yellow 5 lake, ci 77510/ferric ammonium ferrocyanide]

on 4/2/2010 6:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This was my first time trying a gel liner. I was surprisingly amazed. This is an excellent eyeliner. I have tried the cream liner by L'oreal HIP but I before this one. I like the consistency of the gel liner better. It is so easy to apply. It glides on smoothly on my lid. I bought this in black. I wanted to try this in eggplant but they were sold out. It also comes with a decent brush. It is not hard ...I actually like it. As an even better deal..purchase at one of the drugstore while they are having a BOGO sale. I would definitely purchase this again!!!

on 3/31/2010 12:10:00 AM

This is surprisingly good eyeliner from the drugstore. It honestly makes me consider never buying MAC fluidline again. The texture is creamy, easy to apply (no dragging on the lids), doesn't smudge and best of all, is cheap.

For comparison, I've used a LOT of high end and low end gel liners out there. This is on par with MAC fluidline. It hands down beats Stila Smudgepots, Jane gel eyeliners, L'oreal HIP and Wet N' Wild.

on 3/30/2010 12:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this because my Mac Fluidline was almost out and the consistency was already dry. I decided to try this because of all the rave reviews. Well, this product didn't disappoint me at all!! It's is so creamy and pigmented. All I needed was one swipe on the top lashline, and another on my waterline. It's also waterproof and lasts all day! I love it! Drugstore price with high quality department store quality!! Hope they don't stop making this!

on 3/29/2010 10:29:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love this product. It goes on like a liquid eyeliner, smooths right away, without the harsh lines of liquid. You don't even have to smudge it because you get a perfect line. This hardly smudged on my oily lids and stays way better than my eye pencil. I will definitely be using this for a long time. Great liner.

on 3/29/2010 10:09:00 PM

After seeing all the good reviews on this product, I wanted to try it myself so I went out to buy it. The texture of the gel is very creamy and smooth, the brush is alright, a little bit too dense for my taste. I think an angled brush works better imo~ however for the price the quality is quite good. The liner stays long like everyone says, and is actually a bit hard to wash off. However overall I would say that this a good product.

on 3/29/2010 5:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

This is excellent gel eye liner. I concur with all the positive things other posters have had to say about this eye liner. I own it in all the colors available.
I wanted to suggest to the ladies that are on a budget at the moment that this eye liner is on par and of equal quality to all of the high end gel eye liners I have purchased in the past. This is an amazing product for the price. I highly recommend.

on 3/29/2010 5:06:00 PM

I just bought this yesterday and its my new favorite product! I can't believe how easy it is to apply. The brush is really nice and the perfect angle to effortlessly do the "cat eye" look or those little wings. It stays put all day without flaking or creasing - I kind of can't believe how amazing this stuff is. The only downfall is that for me, it could be a bit denser. I had to put a few coats to get the dark color I wanted. Otherwise, this is really great. As good if not better than some high-end gel liners I've used and half the price!

on 3/29/2010 11:05:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I had high hopes for this but honestly its nothing special. I actually like my HIP cream liner better & my MAC. I tried this as a base but it just didn't do as well as i had hoped. Guess its back to the store to pick up either HIP eggplant or MAC macroviolet.
UPDATE: i really dislike this, it seems so much drier than other cream/gel eyeliners. Taking away a star for this reason. The color is great but the liner is blah.

on 3/29/2010 10:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I have been looking for an eyeliner that will stay on my waterline and not smudge and I finally found it. The Wet'n'Wild cream liner was nice but it got onto my contacts and scratch them up. It was very uncomfortable. This this liner is very black and goes on so smooth and if it does get onto my contacts wears away in about an hour of blinking or so. I can deal with that. I did put it on my eyelid and it went on very smooth also. I will repurchase this again!

on 3/29/2010 12:58:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Definitely going to use this for a long time. I've recently gotten into using gel/cream liners, and I was using the mac fluidline and smashbox liners but found I couldn't always afford them. I'm glad that I can finally find a gel eyeliner within my price range, and one that doesn't smudge or disappear on me.

Video Reviews & Tutorials