Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

3.9

cyclopentasiloxane, propylsilsesquioxane, ceresin, isodecane, cyclohexasiloxane, caprylyl methicone, synthetic fluorphlogopite, silica silyate, disteardimonium hectorite, disodium stearoyl glutamate, propylene carbonate, candelilla wax, caprylyl glycol, aluminum hydroxide, calcium sodium borosilicate, calcium aluminum borosilicate, silica, tin oxide. [ ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499/iron oxides, mica, ci 77491/titanium dioxide, ci 77007/ultramarines, ci 77510/ferric ferrocyanide, ci 77288/chromium oxide greens, ci 77289/chromium hydroxide green, ci 77742/manganese violet, ci 42090/blue 1 lake, ci 19140/yellow 5 lake, ci 77510/ferric ammonium ferrocyanide]

on 4/9/2010 1:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This is my first gel eyeliner. I bought it in the color "blackest black" first because it was 40% off (good deal). I was really impressed. It was very pigmented, and stayed put all day even on my oily lids (no primer). It has amazing staying power on the waterline; however, it makes me eyes feel dry for a few minutes after applying it to my waterline. I was so happy with my purchase that I went back to get the color "eggplant." I am in love with this color. For anyone who is looking for a very pigmented purple color, this is not the color for you. However, if you like subtlety, this mauve-ish color looks amazing with brown eyes. It's my new brown. I love using the black color on my upper waterline and the eggplant color on my lower waterline. I've been wearing the eggplant color almost every day now, and it really makes my brown eyes pop. It also makes my lashes look fuller when applied to my lash line. Soap and water removes it easily when on my lash line; however, I need to use my makeup remover to remove it from my waterline.

Also, I personally like the eyeliner brush it comes with. I haven't had any problems applying the eyeliner with this brush to my waterline or lash line. It's not too stiff and I can vary the weight of the line. If this eyeliner came in other fun colors I would buy them as well. This tops any eyeliner that I currently have (pencil and liquid).

on 4/9/2010 12:21:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

So I am a gel liner freak. This is very impressive to me..Firstly i bought the black. It's super pigmented and goes on so smoothly and creamy. It stays put very well!

on 4/8/2010 11:21:00 PM

Okay, so I've tried all 4 colors that I've found. I was most impressed with Charcoal and would give that a 5. The rest are not quite as pigmented as I'd like though they are certainly okay. They do stay put without budging for me and I like the liner brush it comes with. Overall for the other colors I prefer MAC fluidlines... though I can't compare eggplant to macroviolet. Blacktrack and Dipdown are more pigmented that the black and brown versions of these.

on 4/8/2010 8:20:00 PM

I thought this went on easily and looked nice. The issue was the product got into my lower lids, and then under my eyes.

The L'oreal HIP one does not do this. I have one that came in my Sephora Palette that also goes on well but behaves like this liner.

The HIP one is a little drier going on, but stays where it should.

on 4/8/2010 8:04:00 PM

Wow this is really nice, i have the purple one and wear it all the time! this is a dryer product, but that is why i like it because i have oily lids, so go buy it because i love it!

on 4/8/2010 7:42:00 PM

I have used MAC fluidline for a couple years now, and while I love it, I was looking for a charcoal color, so I was stoked to see that this gel liner came in just that shade! It definitely wears as well as MAC's, and is half the price. Actually, find a good sale, which is common, and make that 1/4the price :) Also, the brush is kinda fun. I'm still getting used to it after using an angled brush for so long, but so far I am impressed. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because it isn't going to stop me from searching for an even BETTER liner, but so far I have no real complaints.

on 4/8/2010 2:08:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

PROS:
-Last a looooong time. And for a gel/creme liner it hasnt dried out yet like most gel liners tend to do and iv had mine for months now and its still good.
-Very pigmented
-The brush they give you is wonderful. Great quality
-Great for the waterline
-last long on the upper lid
-Little goes a long way.

CONS:
- the lasting power on the water line is ok. tends to get smudgy in the inner conner of the tear duct though.

Overall great gel/creme liner.

on 4/8/2010 11:25:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

When I first got this I was scared of how it would work. Main reasons being I don't have good history with Maybelline/L'Oreal eyeliners (they've been all too soft for their own good) and because of the packaging. I've always used either pencil or standard liners. I've never had a gel based one. I'm also not so much a fan of browns because many of them show up too light. My woes were gone after using it, this eyeliner is great! Applying it is smooth and usually only needs one or two coats. The foam tip seems very soft and thick but it does make a fine line. The brown shows up more like a black brown, it's a rich and striking color, but not a black. Unlike other Maybelline eyeliners, this one seems to hold up well through the day for me as well.

The only things I don't like are the packaging and the clumsy application. The packaging is in a glass tube and a small fraction of it is filled with product. (There is a lot of product though.) You can take this with you, but it's clumsy to have the need of both the applicator and the gel itself.

If Maybelline can get this quality into a pencil and drop the price a few dollars, they'd have my HG vote.

TIP: If you want to store the applicator a bit more sanitarily, I take off the end of a cheap foam eyeshadow applicator and stick it in. It helps keep the end from dust and dirt but I would still recommend washing it regularly.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This is a good gel eyeliner. A nice, soft consistency the applies smoothly. The purple/eggplant colour that I have is dark, but I do wish it was a tad more intense. It stays on pretty well, only smudging a little bit. I wouldn't say the staying power is an 'all day' thing, but I have oily lids, so that might be why I find it gone after a long 8 hour day. =P

on 4/6/2010 9:42:00 PM

So this is the best cream liner that I've bought. I have L'Oreal HIP and the Jane Mineral Cream Liner which I think is better than l'oreal.
I will for sure be buying this is black to add to my collection.
It's very creamy and goes on without any trouble at all.
The brush that comes with it is ok. I prefer a thin conventional liner brush, but the one that comes with this is ok for just a little bit of the liner.

Video Reviews & Tutorials