January 26, 2015 | 1595 users online

Makeup Brushes - E.L.F. - Studio Powder Brush

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2009 7:31:00 PM More reviews by PucaDot

This is THE softest brush I have ever felt! For $3 a piece, this brush is a real steal! The studio powder brush has black taklon synthetic flat top bristles in a long sleep black wood handle with black ferule. Very professional looking. Also comes with its own brush shaper. It is a dupe for the MAC 187. In fact, it works better than the 187 and puts it to shame! I use it to stipple-and-swirl or just plain stippling on liquid foundation. It makes the job fast and easy due to the densely packed bristles and gives a sheerer, more even coverage than the MAC 187, and therefore, wastes less product. Normally I use the stipple and swirl method to buff in my foundation for a sheer coverage. If I want more coverage, I opt for the plain stippling method. You can also use this brush for applying loose/pressed powder, blush and bronzer. However, if you want more control in applying blush/bronzer/contouring, I'd use a smaller brush or maybe I just have a small face? I love this brush so much, I have 2 and I'm going to buy 3 more, just for backups and because I don't like to mix my foundation brush with blush and powder, etc. Has a plastic smell when it first arrives in the mail, but nothing a little shampoo and conditioner can't solve. I have had no problem whatsoever with shedding or fallout. So, I highly HIGHLY recommend this brush for applying liquid foundations and powders. It doesn't work the best for me in terms of applying bronzer/blush and for contouring because I have a really small face, but it might work for you! Very multi-purpose!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2009 7:05:00 PM More reviews by theymightbejenny

Amazing brush for $3! It's a big, super soft, flat top brush that is just as good as the high-end brushes. I've just been using it for powder and blending, but I see some people here like to use it for liquid foundation, so I'll have to give that a try! It's synthetic, which I personally like since I'm allergic to everything, and hasn't shed on me yet. I'd definitely buy this again!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/9/2009 1:13:00 PM More reviews by twilighteclipse

I loved this and used it to apply liquid foundation everyday since I bought it, for three months, until one day the brush head just loosened and fell off the handle :( looking for something similar but not so flimsy I guess, it was nice when it lasted

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2009 1:55:00 PM More reviews by fetishdolly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Absolutely adore this brush! I use it everyday for applying liquid foundation. I used to use the E.M. flattop brush, but it's too stubby/fat to work with daily. This one has length, and a medium handle brush is perfect. It gets into every angle of the face w/ease. It also gives a wonderful air-brushed finish. It runs $3.00, and it is better than most higher-end brands. I say this is a H.G. brush!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2009 6:52:00 PM More reviews by soi56starz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

OMG my favorite brush ever! This is sooo incredibly soft, doesn't bleed, doesn't shed, AND it's only $3! I have three already they're so versatile- I use them for TM, foundation, powder foundation, finishing powder, to buff in blush, etc etc etc. This is by go-to brush for everything...

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2009 12:16:00 PM More reviews by shannlcooper

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought all 10 studio brushes. This powder brush is very dense, flat topped, and well made. The bristles are soft. It hasn't shed on me at all, and it's very sleek and sophisticated in appearance. I really like this one. The only con was the original chemical smell...which was taken care of with a good washing.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2009 12:14:00 AM More reviews by FoOLiShxLaDy

Of all the studio line brushes I love this one the most! I've had mine for months and have washed it several times. It has never shed or bled on me. Its super soft and its great for buffing out and applying foundation. If there's any brush I use on a daily basis, its this one!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2009 6:36:00 AM More reviews by madcancer7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

This is one of my HG brushes for blush. I was having trouble applying the hello kitty tippy blush because my MAC 129 would deposit too much colour making me look like a clown. I was very disappointed when I couldn't use that blush until I tried this brush. With it, I can easily apply my tippy blush to give me that nice glow. Now I can buy more pigmented blushes from MAC because I know this brush will give me the right amount of colour deposit.

I paid about USD4.60 including shipping so its a very good deal. I also like the plastic protective covering that came with it.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/31/2009 8:56:00 PM More reviews by saomia

I hate to be the negative one, but this brush shed after a month. Yes, it's soft and dense like the other reviews had mentioned. The price is right, but I don't want to replace a new brush on a monthly base.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2009 10:55:00 PM More reviews by jrl521

I absolutely love this brush. Not only is it soft and dense, but I find it better than my MAC brushes. This is my multitasking go to tool. I use it to apply everything from liquid foundation, to powders, bronzes and blushes. Go and get yourself one, or a few. You can't beat the price.!!!!