November 25, 2014 | 1753 users online

Eye Primer - Too Faced - Shadow Insurance

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2009 6:41:00 AM More reviews by yuphehe

I loved this, then I found that I like the urban decay alternative even more. They do the same thing, but the urban one has a creamier consistency that i prefer. But this product definitely is worth it, and I'll probably repurchase depending on which of the two gives better deals.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2009 11:53:00 PM More reviews by ShaLooLoo123

LOVE IT!! I never get creases. It's one of the best things ever invented!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2009 6:16:00 PM More reviews by purple18194

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I don't have very oily lids. I guess I'd call them just normal.
But this stuff has my complete approval. I spent from the evening of one day to the morning of the next (in between I cried twice and slept) with this stuff on under my eyeshadow and it didn't budge. No creasing, no fading. That's frickin' amazing!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2009 3:47:00 AM More reviews by shurleemeyling

So when I bought this product, I was debating over this one or UDPP. But I preferred the packaging on the TFSI, so I bought this one instead. Overall, it does do what it says it suppose to do. It does prevent creasing for the first 5-7 hours. But once it hits more than 7 hours, it starts to crease and fade, and my lids become oily.. but still manageable looking. I think if you don't have super oily lids, this product would be great. But if you have super oily lids, I think UDPP would work better except their packaging sucks. I wouldn't actually buy this product again because my lids tend to be much more oily.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2009 2:17:00 PM More reviews by akanesama

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have mixed feelings about this product. I prefer the packaging over UDPP but I feel like UDPP works better if you have oily eyelids. Shadow Insurance is much creamier but I feel like it didn't last as long on my oily lids. I wish UDPP would switch up their packaging!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2009 8:12:00 AM More reviews by yoursisterdebra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have been using TFSI for several months now after finishing a tube of UDPP (had DH cut it in half and scooped the remaining product into a jar). Although UDPP did a great job of keeping my eyeshadow in place, I wanted to give TFSI a try largely due to the more convenient packaging and it had been recommended on the MU board as a bit more comfortable for those with dry skin. True to word, TFSI is more emollient-feeling than UDPP which means that it spreads/blends over the eyelid much easier IMO. Although I never experienced flaky skin or extreme eyelid dryness while using UDPP, my eyelid skin would tend to feel a bit dry/tight by the end of the day. In contrast, TFSI feels comfortable all day long. I find that the lasting power of my eyeshadows is the same with both products, although I feel like UDPP "grabs" the e/s a bit more which makes blending difficult. Also, as a PPP I don't always want a strong wash of e/s so TFSI is a better choice for my day-to-day looks. For me, the true test of an eyeshadow primer is how it handles a single eyeshadow in my collection -- UD Smog. I love the color of this e/s but over the years I have never found anything that will allow this shade to stay on all day without terrible creasing and fading (this is the ONLY e/s I have with this problem). With TFSI, Smog worn as a wash on the lid actually stayed fairly true to color all day and did not crease until after 5 pm. Not a spectacular performance by any means, BUT for an e/s that typically becomes a hot mess by lunchtime I was impressed. For me, TFSI is a better choice than UDPP but I think they are both fantastic products that make a big difference in the lasting power of my eyeshadows.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2009 6:02:00 AM More reviews by danai

This is the first shadow primer I've ever used. The massively famous one almost everyone swears by is not available in my country, believe it or not. So I decided to give this one a try. My lids are not really oily, plus I tend to use very soft and natural shades when I know I'll be out of the house for hours and hours, so up to now I've used my concealer as a primer with ok results. However I wanted to take it to the next level and finally do dark/vibrant shades without fearing they would turn into a hot mess.
I got this baby for about €10 (original price was about €14 but Sephora had 25% off TF stuff the day I got it) and I don't think I could be happier. First of all you only need a tiny bit to cover your whole lid. Second, this is silky smooth!! No joke, it melts onto the lids like soft butter and turns them into a clean canvas for anything. Eyeshadows slide on like a dream; in fact it makes blending a bit easier I think. Last but not least, it does the job as promised.
The packaging is very pretty plus as convenient as it gets. You just squeeze the product out of the little tube; that means you can use it to the last drop. And I get the feeling it will last me quite some time, since you only need so little to get the job done.
To sum things up, I plan to keep this little gem around. Can't compare it to its famous competition, but I think if you're fed up with sewing and digging into plastic tubes, this might be the answer:-)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2009 12:49:00 AM More reviews by imogen23

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Shadow Insurance is way better than UDPP which tended to cake on my lids and dried them out. The silky smooth formula is very easy to apply and eye shadows blend perfectly and look so vivid, with hours of staying power. Love the fine nozzle tube it comes in as well - much more sensible than UDPP’s impractical container. Only a tiny amount is needed so I can see a tube lasting a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2009 7:47:00 PM More reviews by plumski

I really like the TFSI. I apply MAC beige-ing shadestick on top and my shadows will not budge. The shadows are much more vibrant and nice looking. I have used UDPP and I didn't like the packaging and secondly, I found the formula dried up a bit fast.
Overall, I love the packaging, smooth formula and practically foolproof to use compared to the UDPP.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2009 6:20:00 PM More reviews by MsCosmetics

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Bought a number of different primers to trial out - this being one of them. Approx the same price as Urban Decay primer potion, but much better packaged. In an easy squeeze tube, much less fiddly than a wand stick, & a little goes a long way.
It is a great primer, however I do prefer the UDPP, as I feel the colours of the eyeshadows just look more vibrant when using it AND I think it's crease / oil proof for longer than any I've tried incl too faced. Too Faced would be my runner up at this stage. Had no problem with eyeshadow application / blending when using it.