October 25, 2014 | 1517 users online

Eye Primer - Too Faced - Shadow Insurance

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2009 6:02:00 AM More reviews by danai

This is the first shadow primer I've ever used. The massively famous one almost everyone swears by is not available in my country, believe it or not. So I decided to give this one a try. My lids are not really oily, plus I tend to use very soft and natural shades when I know I'll be out of the house for hours and hours, so up to now I've used my concealer as a primer with ok results. However I wanted to take it to the next level and finally do dark/vibrant shades without fearing they would turn into a hot mess.
I got this baby for about €10 (original price was about €14 but Sephora had 25% off TF stuff the day I got it) and I don't think I could be happier. First of all you only need a tiny bit to cover your whole lid. Second, this is silky smooth!! No joke, it melts onto the lids like soft butter and turns them into a clean canvas for anything. Eyeshadows slide on like a dream; in fact it makes blending a bit easier I think. Last but not least, it does the job as promised.
The packaging is very pretty plus as convenient as it gets. You just squeeze the product out of the little tube; that means you can use it to the last drop. And I get the feeling it will last me quite some time, since you only need so little to get the job done.
To sum things up, I plan to keep this little gem around. Can't compare it to its famous competition, but I think if you're fed up with sewing and digging into plastic tubes, this might be the answer:-)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2009 12:49:00 AM More reviews by imogen23

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Shadow Insurance is way better than UDPP which tended to cake on my lids and dried them out. The silky smooth formula is very easy to apply and eye shadows blend perfectly and look so vivid, with hours of staying power. Love the fine nozzle tube it comes in as well - much more sensible than UDPP’s impractical container. Only a tiny amount is needed so I can see a tube lasting a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2009 7:47:00 PM More reviews by plumski

I really like the TFSI. I apply MAC beige-ing shadestick on top and my shadows will not budge. The shadows are much more vibrant and nice looking. I have used UDPP and I didn't like the packaging and secondly, I found the formula dried up a bit fast.
Overall, I love the packaging, smooth formula and practically foolproof to use compared to the UDPP.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2009 6:20:00 PM More reviews by MsCosmetics

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Bought a number of different primers to trial out - this being one of them. Approx the same price as Urban Decay primer potion, but much better packaged. In an easy squeeze tube, much less fiddly than a wand stick, & a little goes a long way.
It is a great primer, however I do prefer the UDPP, as I feel the colours of the eyeshadows just look more vibrant when using it AND I think it's crease / oil proof for longer than any I've tried incl too faced. Too Faced would be my runner up at this stage. Had no problem with eyeshadow application / blending when using it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2009 8:53:00 PM More reviews by Trinity675

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I was torn between this one and UDPP, but decided on TFSI because the number one gripe about UDPP is the packaging. The fact that there are youtube videos on how to dissect the bottle to get the product out tells me we need a new package design on that one!! (It is cute, thoughl)

So: TFSI is awesome!! I never used to wear much eyeshadow because I apparently have greasy lids. The shadow would crease after a few hours and I would have naked greasy lids with a big mounded-up line of shadow that had gathered in the crease! Doh!! This stuff totally prevents that though!! It looks the same until I take it off with remover. Period. Definitely recommend.

The little tube is really easy to get product out of and a tiny bit goes a long way. I've had it for weeks and barely made a dent. My only advice is not to overdo the application: you barely need any, just a light coat. The first time putting it on, I spackled it on, thinking that would make it more powerful, and it just made it cakey.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2009 10:36:00 PM More reviews by dnemoy85

This is a new life long staple in my beauty products. I have used and lvoed too faced glitter liners among all else for years. The products are quality and they jsut outrank other brand in their best packaging which gives you more products use in every way. Take it from someone who ahs used many other primers this is the the best there is and a steal at this price!

I am a huge fan of urban decay, lvoe their bright eyeshadow and absolutely love their oilr eduction powder. I used their Primer Potion for years since i love wearing eyeshadow. It comes in a cite bottle and overall works well but not completely crease free. What I didnt like I no matter how clean my skin was I would randomly have a pilling effect when trying to put this on my eyelids sometimes and even worse it you lose way too much product in the horrible shape container since after you cant get anything wit the wand there is so much product left on teh walls of the bottle and at the bottom. Cutting it open is rediculous and its just 2 annoying. Definitely a waste of money in that aspect so this is a product I recently stopped using. Ive treied out almost every other crease rucdtion eye primer available with many being to thick, greasy, bad cases, etc and my new favorite is Too Faced Crease Insurance. I lvoe it since it is very light and creamy, non greasy, works amazing, and best of all comes in a soft tube so you can use every last bit of it. Great buy and hopefully all teh other hardcore urban decay primer potion uses (as I used to be) will make more use of their money and switch over.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2009 8:34:00 PM More reviews by cefrei

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This stuff is a true HG product for me. I have, without a doubt, the oiliest eye lids of any human being. And after much trial and error, I have finally put together a routine that keeps my e/s on all day (or at least from about 7am to until I leave work around 4:30-5pm). At first for this routine I used UDPP, but once Shadow Insurance came out and I tested it, this did an even better job of UDPP, so thus it's now the only e/s primer I use.

In case you're interested, my routine is as follows:
(1) on clean, bare skin I dust each eye lid with a coating of Pure Luxe (www.pureluxecosmetics.com) Silica powder
(2) Apply a thin layer of TFSI on one lid. Keep your eyelid tightly shut and taut (no creases) and allow to let dry for a count of 40.
(3) Repeat on the other eyelid.
(4) Another dusting of Silica on each eyelid.
(5) Apply a layer of one of the following cream e/s to one eyelid: mark I-Sheer Hook Up Creamy Eye Shadow; Wet 'n Wild Mega Eyes Creme Shadow or my newest love, Jane Aguaceuticals cream e/s. Keep eye closed for at least a count of 25-30.
(6) Repeat on other eyelid
(7) Finish with another dusting of Silica powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2009 3:37:00 PM More reviews by dotix

Since everyone's comparing this with UDPP... I am not a big fan of UDPP because to me, it is thick and it dries too fast. One thing I also notice is that it is easier to blend eyeshadows with this instead. Maybe I don;t know how to use UDPP... but I sure do know how to use this. First thing I loved about it is the container. It's hygenic and easy to reach almost all the product inside. It has lasted me through rain and shine in extremely humid weathers. Even when I don't wear any shadow I just slap some of this on and everything is fine. I don't think I will be searching for any other primer... because this already works. I get blendable, more vibrant and lasting shadows. Worth every penny.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2009 5:02:00 PM More reviews by cyncord4

Will stick with my UDPP for now, as I feel this one was liquidy and didn't have the staying power that UDPP had. The packaging is nice, and good to be able to squeeze out the amount you need, but otherwise not really too keen on this product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2009 9:39:00 PM More reviews by loci

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Better than UDPP in many ways; the packaging, the texture, and so on. Its a bit oliy when you first put in on, but it goes away in seconds. This oiliness helps you spread out evenly and not dry out the lid like UDPP does. The packaging is SO much better than UDPP, squeese tubes makes you easy to get the right amount of product out in a timely manner, as well as keeping the product sanitized.
It works as well as UDPP. I have oily lids and it works the same way UPDD does.
I personally like this over UDPP, but if one day I can not get this or it gets discountinued, I'll go back to UDPP.