Too Faced Shadow Insurance

4.2

Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Glyceryl Triethylhexanoate, Polyethylene, Trihydroxystearin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Isopropyl Lanolate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Propylene Carbonate, Dimethicone, PEG 40 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopherol, May Contain ( /-): Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

on 2/15/2009 2:20:00 PM

I feel somewhat foolish for purchasing this. I never really used eyeshadow primers prior to UDPP(tried this before the primer I reviewing), even though I occasionally used MAC's eye primer (did not like it). Once I did try UDPP I pretty much loved it and did not even bother putting on shadow without it. I wanted to try Too Faced Shadow Insurance because I heard that the texture was better and the tube was convenient. When I first tried it, I thought the texture was like some type of mousse, and had a hard time spreading it evenly on my eyes. It does not keep my eyeshadow from creasing as long as the UDPP or a MAC Paint Pot, but when tested on the hands it does appear to make the shadow more vibrant. NOT on my eyelids! But like others have said, it is probably because I have oily eyelids. In my opinion, even if I had dry eyelids I still do not like the consistency and effectiveness of this primer. I will stick to UDPP.

on 2/15/2009 11:24:00 AM

I'd been using UDPP for awhile, however I saw the reviews for this so I thought I'd try something new. It went on smooth, wasn't as dry as UDPP, and it was actually easier to blend my eyeshadow. After a few hours though, my shadow was barely there and what was left had creased. Now I'm back to my UDPP.

on 2/15/2009 3:45:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I finally believe all of the hype! I've heard about this and haven't been wild about primers...but I just hadn't found the right one! It provides great staying power and keeps your e/s from creasing! Fab!

on 2/14/2009 1:01:00 AM

For me, this works perfectly. Never creases, makes eyeshadows look maaahvelous; I've even slept in it, and my shadow looked great when I woke up. Also, I had found UDPP to be a tad drying, but I don't get that with this product (I don't have dry lids). I like that the ingredients are a wee bit safer (no parabens, if that's important to you). Will continue to buy.
Ingredients: Isododecane,Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Glyceryl Triethylhexanoate, Polyethylene, Trihydroxystearin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Isopropyl Lanolate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Propylene Carbonate, Dimethicone, PEG-40 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopherol. (+/-): Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499). Net Weight: 11 g/ 0.35 Oz Country of Origin: USA

on 2/12/2009 3:01:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Shut the front door. Something besides UDPP kept my eyeshadow on longer than 30 mins? I, like many of you, had just about given up hope of keeping shadow on before I met UDPP. That's another review. I can't decide if I am 100% in love because I feel like while my e/s stays on, it fades a bit. As long as it's not completely gone save for a thin stripe of oily color, I'm content. The REAL test will be in the summer.

Update 2010: I forgot to update my review! I have to come back and give TFSI a big fat FAIL, because my shadow ended up creasing. I can laugh about it now, because in all my years of struggling to have my eye makeup stay on, I have NEVER had it disappear in a perfect circle on each lid. Very Pirates Of The Caribbean. I will never stray from UDPP again.

on 2/11/2009 6:16:00 PM

I would like to start off with a disclaimer: I have not purchased this product. However, I have had the chance to try the tester and Sephora and have concluded that I will not fish out the extra money to buy this product instead of UDPP. It applies very oily and heavy, unlike UDPP, so that was enough to put me off and make me decide not to buy it. Needless to say, it didn't prevent shadows from smudging, and I had only applied it to the back of my hand instead of my oily lids. Plus, it costs more than UDPP (though not by much) so that's one more thing I don't like about it.

on 2/10/2009 12:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I've bought this product a few weeks ago and I'm really impressed. It works so well with my lids, shadow stays put forever. Shadow can be blended effortlessly, but it won't smudge accidentally. Besides, it's completely waterproof. Would definitely repurchase.

on 2/10/2009 11:57:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

I was using UDPP but the package was horrible and I thought it dried a slight being color on my light brown skin. Makeupgeek on YT raved about this. I think its great, keeps my shadow on all day and yesterday I made an effort to make sure I covered my lid where I line my eyes and it stayed put! I use it everyday now, it takes just a little so I imagine it will last quite a bit.

on 2/6/2009 9:25:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Urgh! I do NOT like this eyeshadow primer. UDPP is soooo much better in my opinion!

This makes my eyeshadow crease by lunchtime, maybe even earlier than that and I end up rubbing all of my eyeshadow off. Grr this makes me mad just writing about it because I have to use it up right now since I don't have any money to buy UDPP right now.

The only thing I do like about this is the packaging. I can get the whole product out unlike UDPP. *sigh* In this case I don't want the whole product though...

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I have used this less than my Urban Decay Primer Potion up until I left my UDPP at home and went a whole week only having my Too Faced Shadow Insurance. It worked a lot better than I thought it would, I have very oily eyelids and this is a bit too oily for me. But it did help get me through most of my day without creasing and it still makes my eyeshadow colors pop. The packaging is a lot more convenient than UDPP but again, for my oily eyelids I still prefer UDPP vs. Too Faced. I would buy this again or recommend it to friends though.