MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

3.5

on 7/27/2010 8:14:00 PM

Hair: Other, Relaxed, Other

for something that is supposed to be for oily skin
( well that's what the mac tech told me) it's not great
i have to say it gives a pretty good coverage but after a while
it oxidizes (spelling) and it looks awful and the coverage is like gone !
It is the most messy foundation it gets off on anything very easily
very heavy and almost paint like
but hey everybody is different
may work better for somebody with not so oily skin
made my pores huge and a greaser .... ew
this product just is not for me !

on 7/27/2010 1:00:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

im not sure what to think about this product really:

PROS:

-great coverage
-wide range of colors
-easily applied with brush/sponge/fingers etc
-price isnt so bad
-stays on well in the winter time
-people comment on how clear my skin looks

CONS:

-cakey, so i cant build more coverage
-smells like playdough
-OXIDIZES (turned my face a bit orangey along the jawline)
-easily transferable, (embarassing incident with my boyfriends white shirt...)
- kinda melts off my face at about 2 oclock
doesnt come with a pump (unless purchased for $5)

So i guess if i wanted to stick to a cheaper yet well respected makeup brand, i'll buy this again, but i really think the studio sculpt is a better option if we're sticking to the MAC brand. Im goin to continue using my MUFE mat velvet +

on 7/26/2010 6:09:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This is a great product as it has medium to full coverage that you can build up. It also looks very natural on the skin. I bought this as my first liquid foundation. It doesn't come with a pump, you need to pour it out so I would recommend you get a pump for it. The MA at my counter gave me the pump for free! It has a slight paintlike smell to it and some ingredients in it may break out people with acne prone skin.

It covers everything, you hardly need any concealer. I apply it with my MAC 188 stippling brush, by stippling in areas and then swirling and blending it out and it works well. I set it with the MSFN, then use 2~3 spritzes of evian facial spray or fix+ to give it a dewy look.

However, I think it breaks me out a bit around my mouth. I'm not sure because I'm still not 100% sure if it was because of this. I have sensitive skin but I find in other parts of my face it's absolutely fine!

Overall, I like it but I think when I'm done I'll try some drugstore ones like revlon colorstay or revlon photoready.

on 7/25/2010 1:27:00 PM

Even the lightest shade is too dark and yellow for me, it looks great but the color is just gross.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I tried a sample of this product recently. The coverage is ok... but I really can't stand the smell! The fumes burn my eyes too. I won't purchase this :(

-- EDIT Nov.2012 --
Ok, so I still don't like the smell of this... but I tried a new sample from MAC and it didn't bother my eyes this time. Maybe the sample I had before was old? Anyhow, now I love this foundation. I bought a full bottle of it (don't love the packaging of the product though). The colour is perfect for me and it's not greasy at all.

on 7/24/2010 4:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I actually really like this foundation. Although it breaks me out a bit (I've yet to find a foundation that doesnt), it soaks up the oil in my skin while still giving me a nice glow. The only thing is that it looks better when applied with clean, warm fingers or else it looks cakey. Overall, still a good product though.

on 7/22/2010 12:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I hate this foundation!

Pros: Good coverage
Blends Easily
Cons: It oxidizes after one hr and my face ends up looking orange.
Hate to have to buy the pump separately =(

Try drugstore foundations instead.

on 7/22/2010 12:16:00 PM

My first ever purchase from mac was this foundation. At first I loved it but then I began to notice the first of its many flaws, it oxidises after a few hours leaving you looking like an oompa loompa, it transfers EVERYWHERE, very strong unpleasant smell, and can feel very heavy on the skin. The reasons why I liked this foundation is that I loved the coverage it gave my acne scarred skin and I only had to use a tiny dab of concealer under my eyes, but thats where the plus points for this foundation ends. I did try it again after about a year I had a tiny bit left so decided to give it another go, after applying it I realised why I had hated it in the first place!

on 7/22/2010 12:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have used Studio Fix Fluid for a few years now and at first I absolutely loved the product. It made my skin look flawless and had great coverage on my acne scars/red marks. It's also great to dab on as a concealer if you have dark shadows or bags around your eyes. It does make my skin extremely oily though and I get the occasional spot whilst using it - although that could be hormones! Overall I would recommend this product if you are looking for a foundation that gives your skin an airbrushed finish and good coverage.

Pros -

* Good, full coverage
* One bottle lasts a long time
* Shades for all skin colours & tones

Cons -

* Quite expensive
* Doesn't keep oily skin at bay for long
* May cause skin breakout

on 7/20/2010 8:50:00 AM

I really like this foundation! Even though I have acne-prone skin (in my 30s!!!!!!!!!) it does not break it out. This foundation gives excellent coverage but I oh no, I ran out. I have to go and get another one.