August 27, 2014 | 1718 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear (old formula)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2009 4:49:00 PM More reviews by macismycrack627

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm not sure if I would call this HG - but it definitely is my favorite so far. I have tried a TON of different foundations over the past year and a half, and Estee Lauder is just about exactly what I am looking for. My only gripes are that it doesn't have a pump and it doesn't last all day. I can put this on at around 9am and around 5pm it still looks fairly good, but after that it starts to wear off. It makes it through my shift, though - so that's all that really matters to me as a waitress.

I really love the coverage that this foundation provides, and it doesn't break me out. I use the d-w light in the summer, and the regular d-w in the winter. The shade selection is pretty good. I get super pale in the winter - I don't tan - and Ecru is the perfect shade.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/1/2009 10:15:00 AM More reviews by joolz2u

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Not sure actually I would purchase this product. I am still looking for my HG foundation. I tried this on at Saks EL counter - I have oily skin that can break out (MAC face & body made me break out) and large pores. The MUA applied the Idealist product which made my pores disappear, but that's silicone filling in your pores, right? Then she put on moisturizer which made me wonder why since it was a humid day and I don't have dry skin. Then she applied the regular formula DW, which was fine with me since my skin isn't clear of marks. She used Ivory Beige (I'm MAC NC35) and it was an ok match. It went on nice but I didn't look to see how it went on. I looked when she was done and I had great coverage, my pores were almost invisible and my skin felt dewy.
I walked out without purchasing because I wanted to see how it worked on me. Anyway, out in the natural light, I did feel as if I had a mask on. It's not a natural look but instead highly polished which I'm not fond of unless the occasion calls for it. Yes, it doesn't move and even though some comes off on tissue when I blot, it's not removed. So the formula is good, but I prefer something more natural looking.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2009 More reviews by mandycool01

Hmmm. I bought this because i need something with more coverage than my usual mufe hd. Im nc 20. I bought Bone, which is a tad light but since its winter I think it will be an okay color. This foundation smells and feels like PX virtual matte (i despise the smell of that). It doesnt smell like sunscreen, it smells like plastic chemicals. So, right of the bat I was disappointed because of that. However, applied correctly, this foundation doesnt transfer at all. I have oily skin, and all transfer resistant foundations that i have tried all fail. Except this one! It is a tad drying/matte, so I use a light moisturizer, my shiseido 55, then apply this foundation. Using too much can make it chalky. One thick layer is good, i barely have to use concealor after....i can go all day without worrying what my makeup looks like! Such a relief! update:my skin became a little dry, and i cant even get this mu to spread nicely, even on top of moistrurized skin...just too chalky most of the time....

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2009 11:44:00 PM More reviews by Reservechic

This product lasts all day on my face when I wear it. I have found it to be transfer-resistant, smudge-resistant, and even water-resistant. It has a slight smell to it, because it has a sunblock in it. However, the slight sunblock smell is clearly overided by how well this foundation performs.

Also, I wish that the colors for the foundation consisted of more true skintone shades. However, the foundation is still a good buy nonetheless.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2009 3:00:00 PM More reviews by Mizumi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been using some samples of this foundation for 3 weeks (I ran around Stockholm looking for Estée Lauder counters and got samples) and so far it is truly the best foundation I've ever tried. It looks really natural and you get medium coverage, but can be sheered downed if wanted. The staying power is really great, for the first time my make up looks the same on me when I go to school as I get home in the afternoon.
However I will not purchase this since it's quite expensive in Sweden (almost 60$) and I still want some more coverage, So I will probably get the RCMA foundation soon.

Still it is an exceptional foundation!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2009 1:32:00 PM More reviews by Baiju

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Full coverage. Gets cakey when applied too much. Slid off my face in 2 hours and my face was left shiney.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2009 2:06:00 PM More reviews by tammyhegefeld

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have dry skin with red under tones and this product has great coverage that doesnt enhance your dry skin. I feel that it gives me a hollywood glow and I always get compliments on my makeup when I have this product on with Bare Minerals over the top. The only thing is, this makeup is not photo friendly. If you take a picture with this makeup, your face will be white as a ghost in every picture. I actually went out and bought a darker color after seeing myself in a photo and this didn't correct the problem. I had some friends that I took pictures of and some of them had white faces too and they had on double wear as well. Everybody I know loves this makeup, we just wish they could fix the photo issue.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2009 3:39:00 PM More reviews by taliaseki

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I have been searching for a better foundation for months but double wear wins everytime because it can satisfy my special needs. First of all i have an oily face so though i love mineral makeup, after a few hours batches of foundation begin flooding over oil sea on my face. But double wear is great. It never floods instead it stays put on my face and oil comes on its top. So i can blot without loosing shape and double wear stays on my face unless i took it off. It stays on my face even at saloon after an hour of aerobic. Coverage is also great and a must have for me because i have a reddish sensitive skin. But to take it off you need an oil cleanser like preCleanse which is great either.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2009 5:06:00 PM More reviews by MackiesMummy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I don't wear foundation on a daily basis, but wanted to for my wedding day. I also wanted to do my own make-up. I researched loads and decided I wanted to try either the EL Double Wear or the EL Double Wear Light (which is the slightly newer, sheer one). I had a make-up consultation with EL and I had my face made up with half Double Wear and the other half Double Wear Light. Straight away I could see a massive difference between the two. The Double Wear was the one I choose as it gave me complete, flawless coverage. The Double Wear Light looked more like a tinted moisturiser (without the moisturising!) I bought the Double Wear in 2N2 Fresco, which is the shade the SA matched to my skintone and I have to say she done a fantastic job. I wore it on my wedding day with Smashbox primer underneath and my make-up was flawless and looked perfect all day until I took it off in the early hours of the morning. By the end of the day, my skin did feel a little dry, but that was the only downside. My photos came back fantastic, I looked completely natural and flawless again and many photos were taken outside in broad daylight. I would definately recommend this as a foundation for complete coverage, but it's not something I would wear daily; mainly as I don't wear foundation everyday. I would prehaps use the Double Wear Light daily when going out to work, but as a stay-at-home Mum, I rarely wear make-up now. Thanks EL for making my make-up perfect on my big day!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2009 1:11:00 AM More reviews by pvslinda

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have used Estee Lauder Double Wear for years, but for some reason, I thought I might something better out there. Was never totally happy with the shade I wore. (Fresco and then changed to Dusk). So I went on a foundation search. I tried Smashbox High Defintion. Didn't cover well and wore off as the day went on. Laura Mercier, Silk Creme; stayed "soft" all day and rubbed off easily. Makeup Forever, coverage not enough for my discolorations and looked a little chalky. MAC Sculpt, just got this one, still deciding if I like it or not. However, I did change to a different shade in the Double Wear and I've come to the conclusion that there is nothing out there that beats this foundation. It literally stays on all day. Doesn't feel sticky. Has great coverage, but doesn't look heavy and caked. Keep in mind though, I use a serum product first, then a moisturizer, then a primer before applying this. Makes a big difference. I've spent a fortune trying the others and I'm pretty much sold on the Double Wear.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No