February 28, 2015 | 1948 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear [old formula - REFORMULATED]

REFORUMULATED 2012 Please see http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=159975/Double-Wear-Stay-in-place-Makeup/Estee-Lauder/Liquid for the current formulation of this product

rated 1 of 5 on 4/21/2009 7:34:00 AM More reviews by sweeteyes

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

do not buy this product!
it gave me huge breakouts that I spent 4 months trying to repair!!
Honestly it has a nice velvety kind of texture and an alright smell
but honestly its too expensive as a foundation PLUS the treatment you need to repair all the damage it does to your skin

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2009 9:38:00 PM More reviews by Aislinn78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

All right, I just have to stick my 2cents in. I WOULD DEFINITELY RECOMMEND THESE PRODUCTS FOR OILY FACES. I have oily, acne-prone(on the cheeks which are extra greasy, not in the t-zone), sensitive skin(anything with bismuth oxychloride gives me a chemical burn). Considering how oily and acne-prone my skin is, I would definitely NOT recommed the DW line for anyone with a tendency towards dry skin.
I have been using the sample Ecru for about a week. I work in an unairconditioned warehouse setting, and for the past week, we have been having temps into the 80's which means that in the warehouse it can reach into the 100's. THIS IS THE ONLY FOUNDATION THAT LOOKS THE SAME @ 8am AS IT DOES @ 5pm. I can feel the sweat rolling off my face and when I check my makeup at lunch and after work I have only occasionally had to reapply the Double Matte powder (which on 1st application in the morning I apply over the DW with a kabuki brush in swirling strokes like a mineral foundation). I have found that using the DW concealer with the DW foundation and the DM powder keeps my face looking fresh all day, is drying out my acne, and covers the big black circles under my eyes. It also doesn't feel or look like I have on as much makup as I do. THIS MAKES ME FEEL BEAUTIFUL. I LOVE the coverage and the matteness of this product. When my sample is done, I will DEFINITELY purchase this foundation. I have already gotten the DW concealer and the DM powder, both of which also LOVE.
SPECIAL NOTE: YOU MUST USE THE EL MAKEUP REMOVER IN ORDER TO REMOVE THIS FOUNDATION!!! It will not come off properly without it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2009 4:56:00 AM More reviews by wouldyoubelieve

I'm loving this foundation. I'm giving it a 4 for now because I've only been using it for a week (but I couldn not review it cos I think its so great..so far) so I'm not 100% sure it wont break me out. I mix it with a little of the body shop glow enhancer(is that what it's called?..) and it looks amazing. I have acne scars around my mouth/chin area and this covers very well! it's medium to full coverage. I've been using a damp sponge to apply this but I would love to try a big brush to blend it. I'm very fair and 'bone' is a great match, not perrrfect but damn close.
I'll update soon!!
Ah yeh does NOT break me out. and can I just mention this covers my acne scars amazingly, like they are not even there!! When I wear this out and catch a glimpse of my face I am always amazed that my skin always looks EVEN. This even lasts through a gym workout (WOW). Still using the sponge to apply and it does not look 'masklike' at all. You look 'made up'....but not....if that makes sense...mm. My close friends and my family will know I'm wearing foundation (because of my acne-scarred, uneven skintone atm :-(..) but others don't..BLEND, blend, blend and quick = perfection!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/19/2009 5:51:00 PM More reviews by pridedoll

I have to say that the coverage was pretty good for a foundation, it stated medium coverage on the official web but I am pretty sure it can go full coverage. However, the color of foundation is really hard to find the right color, I've tried ivory beige and turn out to be a bit pink on my face and then when i tried tawny, it turned orange.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/19/2009 5:36:00 PM More reviews by evange

I really wish the bottle came with a pump because it is too thick and difficult to pour out the correct ammount.

Looks a bit cakey. Staying power is pretty good even with my oil skin, but it just looks toooooooo thick and cakey, especially as the day wears on.

I thought I wanted a full coverage foundation, but I think it makes me look older.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2009 8:34:00 PM More reviews by lillylou2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I read the reviews on this & for the most part they were very good.....so i went out & bought it.

It's awful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On a side note This foundation smells real bad sorta like a stale tobacco tin. & I live in a non smoking house.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2009 6:55:00 PM More reviews by ElvisLivesUpstairs

I love this foundation! I can't beleive that I would go to a store and try to pick the colours myself. The woman at the counter has a special chart which she puts against your skin and when she told me the shade I thought it would be to light but I was wrong! I have now leant that I must warm my face with bronser and not try to use a darker foundation. I have scars and spots and this covers them well. I also have the councealer which I really like too. Both the products last all day.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/16/2009 5:02:00 PM More reviews by jennynucity

The best medium-full coverage foundation out there. Although it provides a lot of coverage, it doesn't feel heavy on the skin. They have a very nice range of colors and it applies very easily with fingers, sponge or brush. This is a great product!

Editing this review to give it 3 lippies...although the coverage of this foundation is great (very heavy) - i can't seem to get it to blend well, it looks like i'm wearing a lot of makeup, which is not the result i want.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/14/2009 10:47:00 PM More reviews by Christinae

I was able to get a fairly good color match but this product is too heavy and mask like for my taste. It does last all day. If you want full coverage this might be a good fit for you.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/14/2009 2:40:00 PM More reviews by aimeeb212

ITA w/the reviewer below. I could not find a color match in this foundation and I tried 3 times! I have come to the conclusion that my skin has neutral undertones. I can't handle anything too pink or too yellow. The closest was Ecru, which is marketed as a neutral, but it was still way to yellow. It looked totally unnatural and felt like a mask. DW just paled in comparison to my old stand by, Revlon CS, but I'm a total foundation addict and wanted to try this based on the reviews. I also tried the Light version, but didn't like it as much as Revlon's CS Active Light mu either. I don't know why I can't just stick w/Revlon CS because I always go back to it:-/ I can't comment on whether it made me break out or not b/c I only wore it a few times, but it sure felt like it would. My skin couldn't "breathe"! DW is also a bit too much for my budget, so it's probably for the best that it didn't work anyways. Oh well.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No