July 28, 2014 | 1831 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Dream Matte Pressed Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2007 12:42:00 PM More reviews by porchcat

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Based on decent reviews here, I picked up one of these compacts in cream/light 4-5. It didn't look right for me in the store, but I purchased it anyway for $6-something. Now my face matches the rest of me again. I am light-skinned and have trouble finding powder that matches without heavy traces of pink or peach, which make me look like I have a skin disorder.

Impressive! Haven't used this brand in powder for twenty years.

I do agree with the other reviews on the puff, faux suede is not a good powder applicator and I promptly threw it out. I don't mind the package design, but have always been puzzled about the puff stored on top of a mirror. What if the mirror breaks? At the very least, the mirror will always be powdery.

If this powder keeps the shine at bay and has no orange flecks, I will purchase it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2007 12:10:00 PM More reviews by cerecita

when i applied this it DOES look like a 'dream matte'
it kinda looked 'airbrushy' which is a good thing right?
it does give u a matte look

the only thing i dont like is The Packaging, you'd think that the new , 'innovative' compact-slide-out-mirror was cool but Noooo i find it very INCONVENIENT and unneccessary!..it is Much easier if it came in the traditional flip-out compact...becuz whenever i wanna reapply or just look in the mirror i have to slide-out-take-out-the-puff- eugh the sliding out package just doesnt do it for me, but i like how the front looks, that u can immediatly see the color

EDIT: December 21, 2012.... rebought this after a few years of trying out others and even triple of this price..... this still is better than the more expensive ones

Color: BEIGE Medium

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2007 5:13:00 PM More reviews by laureg

I am not a regular Maybelline product user, as I just haven't found their products over the years to be anything spectacular. This powder (along with the Double Perfecting Concealer) has changed my mind. I've been using the Light 01 powder, and I am really impressed. Now, I don't find that the powder is spectacular compared to other brands in terms of oil control, it works as well as MAC blot and others in the same category. What I am impressed with is the color. Congratulations to Maybelline for making a powder for the pasty gals out there without assuming that we all have orange or pink skin. This powder is both pale enough and yellow enough to match my skintone, and is THE only drugstore powder I've ever found labelled as "light" that is truly light, and doesn't make me look like a paler version of an oompa-loopma from the jawline upwards. For that reason alone, I will continue to repurchase this powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2007 8:42:00 PM More reviews by ckramer

I have to say, after trying the Dream Matte Mousse foundation and hating it, I was skeptical about buying another Dream Matte product. But I was convinced to try it from the reviews here, describing it as a long-wearing powder with great coverage.
I've been wanting to switch over from liquid foundations to powder foundations or powders with good coverage due to the fact that I realized I don't really need to use foundation anymore. This was my first long-wearing powder, and I love it! I've been wearing it for 12 hours, and it seems like only a little has rubbed off & my t-zone isn't oily or shiny at all. It really covers redness I have around my nose, and acne marks that I have around my chin. It doesn't even seem like I need a touchup.
I took off a lippie due to the fact that I am fair and usually with Maybelline I use their foundations in the shade "Light 1". I bought the powder, though, in "Light 2-3" because it had a pinkish tone to it (which I have), and the "Light 0-1" had a very yellow tone to it. The powder is a little dark for me, so I might try applying it a little less, & if that doesn't work then I will return it & get the lighter shade. I really don't mind the packaging with the mirror & sponge flipping out below, but you have to clean off the mirror everytime you want to use it because powder from the sponge falls onto it. Not a big problem, just wanted to point it out.
Overall, this is my favorite powder so far & I definitley will repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2007 2:54:00 AM More reviews by prettygirlsmakegraves

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Wonderful powder. Not only does this keep me matte for much longer than any other of the pressed powders I've tried, it looks and feels great.

I now sometimes use this as a light coverage powder foundation and touch up using a retractable brush during the day. It nicely evens up my skintone, doesn't cake or even look like powder to a certain extent and all in all - lives up to any and all of my expectations!

Only gripe is the slightly awkward way you have to flip out the mirror, remove the puff and then open the powder but it's WAY better than the whole "mirror and puff/brush UNDER the powder" packaging lately. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2007 1:35:00 AM More reviews by Reservechic

This has got to be the best drugstore powder on the market!

I am usually a mineral makeup gal, but I decide to try this product because of it being pressed (no mess). So, I used it over a little bit of concealer and wow was I amazed at this product! It gives light-to-medium coverage, but is still natural looking. And, it wears well all day on my face. And, it has not caused me to break out. So, this product definitely gets a big thumbs up for me!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2007 4:57:00 PM More reviews by glossy81

i was skeptical at first about buying this because i have long history of hating pressed powder. it just looks to makeup-y on me. it accentuates any dryness on my skin, dryness that i didnt know was even there. but since i love the finish of the dream matte mousse foundation, and having read the good reviews, i decided to try it. and i must say this is the only pressed powder that i have ever liked. it looks really natural on my skin. the puff that comes with it is not good for much, as i expected, so i used my foundation brush to apply it. i love it. i bought one shade lghter than the color that i should have fit under because it just looked like a better match for me. it matches perfectly. i agree that the pan is thin, so it appears to not be a lot in there. but it's still worth the price to me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2007 3:37:00 PM More reviews by CheckyDoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Yep, this stuff is great! I carry this around w/ me for touch ups and I'm loving it. It controls shine & covers just a tad. At first I hated the packaging (it's a weird swivel type deal and opens up 3 ways) but now I really like the whole cencept. The puff it comes with is a joke & went right into the trash...I just use a travel brush and it works well.
EDIT: 10/4/07-this ended up making me look really cakey by the days end, esp. around the nose. Went back to MAC Blot & I would not re-purchase this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2007 5:44:00 PM More reviews by lili1968

I went into CVS to pick up some deodorant, but I always go to the makeup section to see if there's anything new. When I saw this, I thought to myself "Dream Matte has a powder"? I looked through the shades to see if one came close to my complexion, (NW43/NW45) and to my surprise there were two shades for dark. The one I chose was Hazelnut (Dark 2-3). Well, it happens to be a perfect match for me. The coverage is sheer to medium and it leaves my face looking glowy, probably due to very microscopic shimmers I can see by looking close at the powder, but you don't see shimmers once it is applied. It feels very light on, it blended very well, and it did not cake on me or look ashy, just natural and glowing. Dare I say I like this better than Studio Fix? I'm kinda leaning in that direction;) I paid only $4.99 for it with my CVS card but the regular price is $7.99. I really hope Maybelline keeps this around for a while because this one's a winner.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2007 11:38:00 AM More reviews by RollerGirl1978

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been so impressed with this product ever since I bought it. The Dream Matte powder has a lovely soft texture, and just the right amount of coverage - not a powder foundation which can look too heavy, but not so sheer that it doesn't even out redness. The powder never looks chalky or powdery - a big plus after MAC Blot. I don't use the puff that came with this. When I carry it in my purse, I use a travel sized powder brush.

I took off a couple of lippies for the packaging which, while cute and kind of novel with its swivel mirror thing, Is almost definitely built for right-handed people. The motion to open it is so unnatural to me that I seriously waste a few seconds of my life very time I have to use it because the way you twist it is backwards to me. Maybe I'm just slow.

For reference, I have normal skin with rare breakouts, very fair (NW15/Alima N0-N1) with pinkness in cheeks. I use the Fair shade of this product.