August 28, 2014 | 1130 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Dream Matte Pressed Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2007 11:35:00 AM More reviews by Lisa_Marie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a great new product. Powder comes in beautiful, real skin colors. If you avoid DS powders because of the horrible colors (Cover Girl, Neutrogena, etc.) for fair, yellow toned skin, give this a try. Way to go Maybellene!

My only complaints are with the package (bulky) and applicator (thin and cheap).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2007 1:01:00 PM More reviews by brwneyedgymnast23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just got this powder yesterday in Medium 0-1 sand. I'm an NC30 in MAC and sand in Bobbi Brown and this is a good match for me. It has very nice and silky, medium coverage. Athough it does accentuate dryness, so moisturize well before. I really like it. I just wish the packaging wasn't so bulky, half of it is for a mirror and a puff. I would rather use my own puff and mirror. I got this for 40% off at Walgreen's during their sale, so it was about $4, normal price is about $9. I will update later if anything changes.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2007 3:34:00 AM More reviews by britneyholthouser

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Hi guys!!! I LOVE this website. This is my first post. I actually have a question, not a review. I just bought the Dream Matte Pressed Powder in Beige. I tried the color and it matches PERFECTLY. My only problem is that I cannot find the ingredients anywhere. They are not on the packaging or on the Maybelline website. I looked all over the internet too. Talc really irratates my skin; it always makes it break out. I usually use mineral makeup but I really want to try this. Can someone help me out. Does anyone know the ingredients or if it has talc. Thanks!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2007 12:42:00 PM More reviews by porchcat

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Based on decent reviews here, I picked up one of these compacts in cream/light 4-5. It didn't look right for me in the store, but I purchased it anyway for $6-something. Now my face matches the rest of me again. I am light-skinned and have trouble finding powder that matches without heavy traces of pink or peach, which make me look like I have a skin disorder.

Impressive! Haven't used this brand in powder for twenty years.

I do agree with the other reviews on the puff, faux suede is not a good powder applicator and I promptly threw it out. I don't mind the package design, but have always been puzzled about the puff stored on top of a mirror. What if the mirror breaks? At the very least, the mirror will always be powdery.

If this powder keeps the shine at bay and has no orange flecks, I will purchase it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2007 12:10:00 PM More reviews by cerecita

when i applied this it DOES look like a 'dream matte'
it kinda looked 'airbrushy' which is a good thing right?
it does give u a matte look

the only thing i dont like is The Packaging, you'd think that the new , 'innovative' compact-slide-out-mirror was cool but Noooo i find it very INCONVENIENT and unneccessary!..it is Much easier if it came in the traditional flip-out compact...becuz whenever i wanna reapply or just look in the mirror i have to slide-out-take-out-the-puff- eugh the sliding out package just doesnt do it for me, but i like how the front looks, that u can immediatly see the color

EDIT: December 21, 2012.... rebought this after a few years of trying out others and even triple of this price..... this still is better than the more expensive ones

Color: BEIGE Medium

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2007 5:13:00 PM More reviews by laureg

I am not a regular Maybelline product user, as I just haven't found their products over the years to be anything spectacular. This powder (along with the Double Perfecting Concealer) has changed my mind. I've been using the Light 01 powder, and I am really impressed. Now, I don't find that the powder is spectacular compared to other brands in terms of oil control, it works as well as MAC blot and others in the same category. What I am impressed with is the color. Congratulations to Maybelline for making a powder for the pasty gals out there without assuming that we all have orange or pink skin. This powder is both pale enough and yellow enough to match my skintone, and is THE only drugstore powder I've ever found labelled as "light" that is truly light, and doesn't make me look like a paler version of an oompa-loopma from the jawline upwards. For that reason alone, I will continue to repurchase this powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2007 8:42:00 PM More reviews by ckramer

I have to say, after trying the Dream Matte Mousse foundation and hating it, I was skeptical about buying another Dream Matte product. But I was convinced to try it from the reviews here, describing it as a long-wearing powder with great coverage.
I've been wanting to switch over from liquid foundations to powder foundations or powders with good coverage due to the fact that I realized I don't really need to use foundation anymore. This was my first long-wearing powder, and I love it! I've been wearing it for 12 hours, and it seems like only a little has rubbed off & my t-zone isn't oily or shiny at all. It really covers redness I have around my nose, and acne marks that I have around my chin. It doesn't even seem like I need a touchup.
I took off a lippie due to the fact that I am fair and usually with Maybelline I use their foundations in the shade "Light 1". I bought the powder, though, in "Light 2-3" because it had a pinkish tone to it (which I have), and the "Light 0-1" had a very yellow tone to it. The powder is a little dark for me, so I might try applying it a little less, & if that doesn't work then I will return it & get the lighter shade. I really don't mind the packaging with the mirror & sponge flipping out below, but you have to clean off the mirror everytime you want to use it because powder from the sponge falls onto it. Not a big problem, just wanted to point it out.
Overall, this is my favorite powder so far & I definitley will repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2007 2:54:00 AM More reviews by prettygirlsmakegraves

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Wonderful powder. Not only does this keep me matte for much longer than any other of the pressed powders I've tried, it looks and feels great.

I now sometimes use this as a light coverage powder foundation and touch up using a retractable brush during the day. It nicely evens up my skintone, doesn't cake or even look like powder to a certain extent and all in all - lives up to any and all of my expectations!

Only gripe is the slightly awkward way you have to flip out the mirror, remove the puff and then open the powder but it's WAY better than the whole "mirror and puff/brush UNDER the powder" packaging lately. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2007 1:35:00 AM More reviews by Reservechic

This has got to be the best drugstore powder on the market!

I am usually a mineral makeup gal, but I decide to try this product because of it being pressed (no mess). So, I used it over a little bit of concealer and wow was I amazed at this product! It gives light-to-medium coverage, but is still natural looking. And, it wears well all day on my face. And, it has not caused me to break out. So, this product definitely gets a big thumbs up for me!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2007 4:57:00 PM More reviews by glossy81

i was skeptical at first about buying this because i have long history of hating pressed powder. it just looks to makeup-y on me. it accentuates any dryness on my skin, dryness that i didnt know was even there. but since i love the finish of the dream matte mousse foundation, and having read the good reviews, i decided to try it. and i must say this is the only pressed powder that i have ever liked. it looks really natural on my skin. the puff that comes with it is not good for much, as i expected, so i used my foundation brush to apply it. i love it. i bought one shade lghter than the color that i should have fit under because it just looked like a better match for me. it matches perfectly. i agree that the pan is thin, so it appears to not be a lot in there. but it's still worth the price to me.