October 21, 2014 | 872 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Dream Matte Pressed Powder [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2007 10:30:00 PM More reviews by Baby_Brown_Eyes

Ok I will say that I love this powder but it does have its drawbacks.. First I am not a fan of the fact that on the top of the powder case are the words" NEW DREAM MATTE POWDER" in giant letters, what ever happend to just the wor Maybelline on top?? It really looks tacky. Now as far as the powder itself my skin looks flawless and this completly eliminates my giant pores everywhere on my face!! My skin also feels smoother and looks alot more even with this powder.. The worst drawback is that if i wear this and then sweat it literally looks like I have glitter all over my face, There are some kind of little particles in this that do that, i find that part very strange.. Maybe after this starts to sell more they will make the letters on the front better, I will purchase again ...

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2007 3:39:00 PM More reviews by leilacey

I'm a lighter hued African American woman and I love this powder!! The only other brand (department or drugstore) to ever match with my skintone as good as Dream Matte does is Revlon's Colorstay liquid foundation in Caramel.

Since im not too crazy about liquid foundations, i prefer powder and this is it! Nars and bobbi brown leave much to be desired. Very pleased with this. Btw, i have the Dark 0-1 powder in latte and it looks gorgeous and natural on!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2007 8:49:00 PM More reviews by snyder

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this! I got it in Sand (Medium), I normally wear MAC Blot in Med/Dark. It goes on like silk and wears really nice. I dare say this may replace my MAC Blot :O I hate how every time I go to repurchase the Blot it's like another $1 more each time. This works just as well, imo and the color Sand is perfect for me. I really hate the compact though. While it's cute, it's a hassle. I'd rather just flip it open and have my puff and powder right there rather than have to flip it open and then slide the puff out. I'm too lazy for that. But I am very happy with the product!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2007 11:35:00 AM More reviews by Lisa_Marie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a great new product. Powder comes in beautiful, real skin colors. If you avoid DS powders because of the horrible colors (Cover Girl, Neutrogena, etc.) for fair, yellow toned skin, give this a try. Way to go Maybellene!

My only complaints are with the package (bulky) and applicator (thin and cheap).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2007 1:01:00 PM More reviews by brwneyedgymnast23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just got this powder yesterday in Medium 0-1 sand. I'm an NC30 in MAC and sand in Bobbi Brown and this is a good match for me. It has very nice and silky, medium coverage. Athough it does accentuate dryness, so moisturize well before. I really like it. I just wish the packaging wasn't so bulky, half of it is for a mirror and a puff. I would rather use my own puff and mirror. I got this for 40% off at Walgreen's during their sale, so it was about $4, normal price is about $9. I will update later if anything changes.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2007 3:34:00 AM More reviews by britneyholthouser

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Hi guys!!! I LOVE this website. This is my first post. I actually have a question, not a review. I just bought the Dream Matte Pressed Powder in Beige. I tried the color and it matches PERFECTLY. My only problem is that I cannot find the ingredients anywhere. They are not on the packaging or on the Maybelline website. I looked all over the internet too. Talc really irratates my skin; it always makes it break out. I usually use mineral makeup but I really want to try this. Can someone help me out. Does anyone know the ingredients or if it has talc. Thanks!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2007 12:42:00 PM More reviews by porchcat

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Based on decent reviews here, I picked up one of these compacts in cream/light 4-5. It didn't look right for me in the store, but I purchased it anyway for $6-something. Now my face matches the rest of me again. I am light-skinned and have trouble finding powder that matches without heavy traces of pink or peach, which make me look like I have a skin disorder.

Impressive! Haven't used this brand in powder for twenty years.

I do agree with the other reviews on the puff, faux suede is not a good powder applicator and I promptly threw it out. I don't mind the package design, but have always been puzzled about the puff stored on top of a mirror. What if the mirror breaks? At the very least, the mirror will always be powdery.

If this powder keeps the shine at bay and has no orange flecks, I will purchase it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2007 12:10:00 PM More reviews by cerecita

when i applied this it DOES look like a 'dream matte'
    it kinda looked 'airbrushy' which is a good thing right?
    it does give u a matte look

the only thing i dont like is The Packaging, you'd think that the new , 'innovative' compact-slide-out-mirror was cool but Noooo i find it very INCONVENIENT and unneccessary!..it is Much easier if it came in the traditional flip-out compact...becuz whenever i wanna reapply or just look in the mirror i have to slide-out-take-out-the-puff- eugh the sliding out package just doesnt do it for me, but i like how the front looks, that u can immediatly see the color

EDIT: December 21, 2012.... rebought this after a few years of trying out others and even triple of this price..... this still is better than the more expensive ones

Color: BEIGE Medium

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2007 5:13:00 PM More reviews by laureg

I am not a regular Maybelline product user, as I just haven't found their products over the years to be anything spectacular. This powder (along with the Double Perfecting Concealer) has changed my mind. I've been using the Light 01 powder, and I am really impressed. Now, I don't find that the powder is spectacular compared to other brands in terms of oil control, it works as well as MAC blot and others in the same category. What I am impressed with is the color. Congratulations to Maybelline for making a powder for the pasty gals out there without assuming that we all have orange or pink skin. This powder is both pale enough and yellow enough to match my skintone, and is THE only drugstore powder I've ever found labelled as "light" that is truly light, and doesn't make me look like a paler version of an oompa-loopma from the jawline upwards. For that reason alone, I will continue to repurchase this powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2007 8:42:00 PM More reviews by ckramer

I have to say, after trying the Dream Matte Mousse foundation and hating it, I was skeptical about buying another Dream Matte product. But I was convinced to try it from the reviews here, describing it as a long-wearing powder with great coverage.
    I've been wanting to switch over from liquid foundations to powder foundations or powders with good coverage due to the fact that I realized I don't really need to use foundation anymore. This was my first long-wearing powder, and I love it! I've been wearing it for 12 hours, and it seems like only a little has rubbed off & my t-zone isn't oily or shiny at all. It really covers redness I have around my nose, and acne marks that I have around my chin. It doesn't even seem like I need a touchup.
    I took off a lippie due to the fact that I am fair and usually with Maybelline I use their foundations in the shade "Light 1". I bought the powder, though, in "Light 2-3" because it had a pinkish tone to it (which I have), and the "Light 0-1" had a very yellow tone to it. The powder is a little dark for me, so I might try applying it a little less, & if that doesn't work then I will return it & get the lighter shade. I really don't mind the packaging with the mirror & sponge flipping out below, but you have to clean off the mirror everytime you want to use it because powder from the sponge falls onto it. Not a big problem, just wanted to point it out.
    Overall, this is my favorite powder so far & I definitley will repurchase!