MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

3.5

on 7/13/2010 6:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Dear fellow makeup junkies,(:
I have combination skin, and I rarely have breakouts.
So I went to MAC, and I was PUMPED to check out the Studio Fix Fluid Foundation. I had never used it, but as a good Makeup Junkie I had to try it. So I get there and MAC was really busy, and I waited. Waiting was a hassle, but I was fine. So after a few clients left, I had asked the MAC Store Manager to match the foundation to my skin tone to find the best shade. So she found my shade, and went to work. At first, I noticed a slight BURNING sensation in my cheeks. But I ingnored it and I wasnt wearing any foundation before I had her match my skintone, so I thought It was just my skin adapting to the product being applied to my face. So, as she is appling it the BURNING sensation gets, stronger, and stronger rapidly. So I asked her to stop, and I was like my face is burning. And she was like yeah, your face is red through the foundation. So I grabbed the mirror after she took the foundation off, and OH MY GOSH. My entire face, was completly red. It had burned and stinged so bad, I didnt want to talk, so then, she put MAC strobe cream on it which burned even more. I told her to take it off, and she did. The the two ladies there were like Oh Im sure it will go down in a few hours in no time. But no MY FACE WAS COMPLETEY RED, and THE RED BURNING SENSATION HAD SPREAD TO MY SHOLDERS AND CHEST. So I had asked to she the head cosmetics store Manager, and they wouldnt let me see her. So after demanding her several times, I told the woman what had happened. She instantly reaacted and had got me some facial treatment from Clinque. (GO CLINQUE!) Heehehe, and still, to this day my face stings to the touch. It isnt beet red anymore, but I definatley think its the wrong product for clients. I am IN LOVE WITH MAC, but not the snobby sales people, and the Studio Fix Fluid.

-Meggan

on 7/13/2010 9:30:00 AM

Have been using this since i was 18...looks really good if you mix it with the strobe cream /lotion and will give you really dewy airbruched looking skin.

by itself can be a little cakey and on days my skin is feeling dry (on accutane) this really picks up the dry falking skin so prob not good for people with dry skin.

love that it has spf but apart from that dont think its doing any wonders for my skin really( unlike bobbi brown foundations which has ingredients for moisture, anti aging etc)

on 7/11/2010 9:43:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

God how I wanted to love this! Went on a bit of a MAC binge recently and bought both the studio fix fluid and powder. I like a semi matte look as I have some visible pores around my nose and find that they are accentuated when I use oil based foundations. The first day of purchase I applied with brush and it looked ok indoors but when I ventured out and caught a glimpse of myself in natural lighting I completely freaked out. Orange, crusty - I resembled a cheesy snack. I gave it up for a while but decided to give it another red hot go recently. It seems to work best if I use a teeny, tiny bit of foundation over the top of a primer. I don't love it but shall persevere with it until I find my HG (Where are you??!!)

on 7/11/2010 4:46:00 AM

I have combination skin and this perfectly blended impressively. It has perfect coverage, easy to apply and blend over, and very good staying power even in hot weather for hours. It makes your skin appear flawless and smooth. The only downside is it is a bit greasy so you have to blot with oil paper from time to time... and it's quite pricey. But overall, it's a good buy.

on 7/6/2010 2:05:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I loved how smooth this foundation made my skin feel. After application, I ran my fingers over my face and marveled at how "velvety and flawless" it felt. Alas, if only it looked that way too. It dried out my skin so much that it looked like I needed a heavy-duty facial moisturizer pronto! It sucked every drop of moisture (the little that I have) out of my face, giving it that "velvety" dry feel. I could see it emphasizing and clinging to the rougher/drier patches of "problem areas" on my face, and this was not a good look! This foundation works best on those with oily skin, but stay far away if you have dry skin like me. It's also a bit overpriced considering all the great drugstore alternatives that are out there today.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

i fxcking love this! ive been using this for almost 2 years. I love the look of heavy liquid foundation, but i also like te option to sheer it out for warmer weather. if i get a TM, i would have to pay more to buy a heavy coverage foundation, so getting a medium-full coverage for me is a better deal. When i want it sheer i apply it with a damp sponge, but if i want it heavy i apply with a 187 and use many pumps. the shades do run darker but i luv that tan look

on 7/5/2010 3:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I first heard about this foundation from off the MAC website and liked the sound of it.It explained that it 'Provides medium buildable coverage and flawless natural-matte finish. Includes SPF 15 for everyday sun protection. Oil-free and long-wearing'
It sounded like the perfect every-day foundation. So i went to my nearest mac store and purchased it. They have a really good variety of shades and i had a perfect match of NW15 :).So when i first tried the foundation out i used one pump as the mua from mac explained i wouldnt need no more than 1-2 pumps. As i applied it the foundation blended very easily into my skin and left me with a flawless matte complexion which i loved.As the day went on i barely had to touch up my face at all and it stayed put without creasing all day. I Was very pleased with this purchase and i shall buy it again :).

on 7/5/2010 1:27:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I have been wearing this product for many years now (NC15). I started wearing it when my skin wasn't as great as it is now, and I needed more coverage back then. I recently decided to try out some new foundations and I was extremely disappointed - none of them even came close to this, which is why I am giving it a 5/5. The coverage is excellent - the make-up artist I repurchased it from recently said that many people don't realize that this should be applied with a brush. Those who don't like this product might want to try this. For my pale skin, it's just the right color, paired with the MAC select sheer pressed powder.

on 7/3/2010 1:10:00 PM

I LOVE this foundation! This was my first mac foundation and I am so happy with it. It has great coverage and doesn't have an orange hue to it like some other kinds I have tried. I also bought the pump and it works great, no spilling!

on 7/1/2010 6:49:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

This is the best foundation i have EVER used!
I'm NC15 which is quite pale but i also have a bottle of NW25 which i mix with it to create a darker shade when i wear fake tan.
it's totally buildable and great for those hormonal days when you're skin needs a little extra coverage, it lasts all day and gives my skin a lovely, flawless matte look without being too drying.
bronzer and powder just glide over it without patching like with a lot of other foundations, i also use MAC compact bronzer in refinded golden which goes dark quickly so you only need to use it sparingly therefore, it lasts ages and minirilize skin finish natural powder compact in medium which is also only needed in small amounts (and keeps shine at bay all day during the warmer months)
However, i probebly wouldn't recommend it to people who don't like to wear much make up as it can feel quite 'make upy' on your skin for the first couple of uses, but the amazingly smooth finish made me persevere and now i can't wear anything else!
AMAZING! :D