MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

3.5

on 8/1/2010 2:16:00 AM

I love MAC, but hate their face products! I've had MUA's at other counters and Sephora say the exact same thing. Use anything you like from MAC, but stay away from their foundations. Supposedly it has some ingredient in it that's really bad for your skin and clogs your pores. I think that's why many people break out from their foundations, including me.

on 8/1/2010 1:27:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

The MAC Studio Fix Fluid gives me great coverage but when I first started using it it oxidized and made me turn orange so I ended up having to buy a primer. It keeps my skin feeling matt all day long and covered all of my acne scars; however I hate the unsanitary bottle. There's no pump. It's a jar where you have to pour it out onto your hands or wrists before use. It's affordable and it doesn't contain oil. I would buy this again but I want to give Chanel and Lancome a try.

on 7/31/2010 2:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this foundation for a few years & I have never had break-outs or blemishes from this product. I would like to try other MAC foundations before I settle on this as my fav. I dont use heavy foundation even though I love making up my eyes. Im the girl that still loves to see natural beauty thru your makeup - this product allows me that to a certain extent. Its a light formula which is nice but Im not sure this is my HG foundation.

I am an NC15 so im pretty pale and this foundation now that i look back on it was pretty yellow undertoned for that color. It gave FULL coverage and i mean full coverage and if u put a meduim weight powder under it it woild look very cakey.. It would seem like it was gone after 3 45 minuite periods going off of school wise. It did break me out a lot but it managed to cover it up. I did manage to use up the whole bottle. I thought i could have a pump but you have to buy it seperately and that would come up to a grand total of $30 for a foundation!!! so from what i heard the great drug store alternative that works better is the revelon photo ready.

on 7/30/2010 9:07:00 PM

I heard a lot of comments and reviews about people saying how it breaks them out worse than any other make up, and how it oxodizes when you apply and let it sit for a while. But i havent yet experienced any pimples or breakouts wich is wierd because i break out from almost everything, and i figured out that if you pick a shade slightly lighter than your skintone it will match your skin very well when it dries. It also covers very well and doesnt look cakey. So i have no negatives except for the price, but this is a product i would recomend and defianntly buy again!

on 7/30/2010 4:26:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

MY HG FOUNDATION! I love this foundation soooooo much! However, there is no pump. Although you can buy one for five dollars, I would like it if it was already included in this product. This has the best coverage out of any foundation that I have tried. It is the thickest foundation I own but that also means I use the least amount of it. It is a perfect match for my skin tone and gives me the best finish. It dries quickly without the use of powder and leaves my face matte. I don't need a powder to set this foundation because it seems to do that on it's own. This is the foundation for the rest of my life! I swear by it.

on 7/30/2010 4:03:00 AM

I used to have a very very nice skin, then i discovered mac studio fix fluid... here is my opinion:

PROS:
Many colors to chose from
full to medium coverage (very buildible).

CONS:
BREAKS OUT like crazy!! WATCH OUT!!
smells bad
does not stay on for hours! :S
clog the pores
did I mention it breaks out like crazy?

I guess not everything is ment to be for everybody... I was really sad it did not work for me. I actually wrote to the company, because I was very dissapointed about this whole thing. I wanted to look good for my graduation, and this foundation just did not last, my skin was pretty oily during the event, and you can imagine going to this situation, because I trusted in the brand, I trusted in that product, and it just fail. But the worse part wasn't the foundation last, the worse part was the terrible pimples it causes on me... litteraly, I STILL HAVE RED ACNE SCARS, and I'll let you know: my skin was pretty nice before using this.. and now.. well..
Of course I decided to stop using it, and voila! no more new pimples.. but i still have those stubburn scars!! (it has been like 3 months after stop using it).
Im not saying this will act the same on your skin, because I see lots of girls saying this is the best foundation, but if you are trying to buy it, just go to the mac store, ask the person who is there to try it on and wait to the next day to see how your skin reacts. I recomend to do so during the day, so you can actually check the skin match.
good luck.

on 7/30/2010 2:35:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

First I just want to state this foundation is for OILY SKIN. All of the Studio line, with the exception of Studio Scuplt with is for drier skin, is for oily skin. Select SPF is for normal skin (med. coverage) Scuplt for dry (med. buildable coverage). The whole Mineralize line is formulated for dry to normal skintypes, with foundations ranging in coverage. If you are dry and using Studio Fix you will hate it. If you are not looking for an extremely heavy coverage foundation, you will hate it. That being said, if you are oily and need alot of coverage or acne prone you will probably love this foundation. I personally do not use it on myself, but I do on other people and on some it really looks great, on others not so much....Also you CAN NOT over-use this product or it will look like crap. Please invest $5 for a pump. Half a pump should do your whole face. I agree this is one of those products that will either work wonders for you and look amazing or you will use it and it will hate it. If you are :
OILY
ACNE-PRONE
LOOKING FOR HEAVY COVERAGE

try this! If not, PASS!

on 7/30/2010 1:43:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Okay, let me start by saying this used to be a HG product for me. I lived for it. I loved it. I literally ONLY bought this. I've been using MAC foundation since I was 13, seriously, no other brand. I had always had semi bad skin (nothing insane, but nothing wonderful either). Then one day it occured to me! It could be my foundation!! So I switched to Clinique, and I won't ever switch back. Be warned, this WILL break you out.

on 7/29/2010 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I purchased this in NC30.
First of all let me start by saying, that I love my drug store brand foundations, especially Revlon PhotoReady, so far that is my Holy Grail foundation.
Ok. this is a matte finish foundation, and I love the flawless coverage that it gives. The application is smooth, colour selection is fantastic, and I have no doubt that everyone can find a colour that is pretty true to them. It does feel slightly heavy, and will begin to fade after 4 hours.
It is medium to full coverage, and even though I say you can build it, I wouldn't recomend too much otherwise it will look cakey.
With some foundations that I use I might not set them with a powder, but with this one, and also the MAC studio sculpt foundation , it take forever to set on its own, soo you definitely need to set them with a powder, otherwise it will just rub off on anything.
I hate the packaging, it doesn't come with a pump, which is fine to me, but the foundation is just soo thick that you simply just cant tip the bottle upside to get some out. Therefore, it forced me to fork out the extra money to buy a pump from MAC, I was like grrrr!
I didn't find it that durable, my Revlon foundation held on all day, this didn't even lasted from 9-6.