MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

3.5

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I wanted to love this stuff, but after a few hours I looked orange! I read some reviews on MUA and went straight out and got Revlon ColorStay which did not turn orange! I guess if you wanna look like Snooki this is your stuff.

EDIT***: I knocked this down to a 2 lippie rating. Its been about 6 months since my last review and I'm finding my tastes have changed. First of all, this foundation looked very cakey on me. It aged me about 10 years! I did some shopping around, getting samples of almost every mac foundation, only to find they all kind of made my skin look cakey, heavy and not fresh faced. The only one that works for me is Face and Body. Now, I'm finding I don't need as much coverage as I thought I did. I switched to powder foundations (first the Mac msfn which looked a tiny bit heavy too, then to Bare Minerals, which looks lovely) and noticed my skin improving quickly. I think the heavy liquid foundation was damaging my skin. I've been using bb creams, powder foundations, tinted moisturizers and water based foundations and I think all of them are better than this foundation. If you're young, don't use liquid foundation. It will damage your skin. If you have more mature skin, I would recommend water based foundations like Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua. It has really good coverage but is light and natural looking at the same time. I would only recomment SFF for someone who wants flawless, plastic looking skin and doesn't mind a bit of caking. also, this looks decent on a night out, because in dark night clubs, you don't notice cakey, heavy foundation, you only see perfect skin.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I absolutely love this foundation...amazing coverage and beautiful look. I returned it though because it broke me out. I bought pro longwear (which I don't like nearly as much) and found it broke me out too. But then, because pro longwear sticks to my foundation brush so much, I had to wash my brushes everyday and suddenly the break outs stopped. So after I use up my pro longwear, I will buy SFF again and try it out, washing my brushes after every use. I really love love love SFF. Perfect coverage, perfect application and just amazing foundation... if your skin doesn't react to it.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

i love mac products......except for their foundations. its not that i hate it, but it just turns my face after a couple of hours very very oily and shiny. i guess it will work great for people with normal to dry skin since the coverage is great as well

I wanted to Love MAC , but I have come to the conclusion my skin doesn't love MAC. I am an NC 30-35. I lovee the lasting power. I do traditional lao dancing for lao new year since 2006 & ive used this foundation for all performances. Thru sweat & extreme sun exposure, it has held up. Ive gone from 6 am til 2 am the next morning n my foundation looks great. Now for the down side :(, I always after taking this foundation off find a couple of bumps on my forehead. Its really upsetting.. The photo I posted, was around 2-3 pm, I had done my make up at 6 am.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I absolutely adore this product. Like any girl, I've been in search of "the Holy Grail of foundation" for the longest time, and the closest I'd come was Revlon ColorStay. However I really wanted to find something that felt better against my skin than Revlon.

Studio Fix Liquid not only feels better but covers better as well, and while I purchased a MAC concealer at the same time I honestly have little use for it--this foundation even covers my undereye circles.

Since my skin's very light, I use NC20 Studio Fix Liquid in conjunction with C2 Studio Fix (the pressed powder/foundation combo). I find that that way, the pressed powder gets rid any bit of yellow hue of the liquid (the C2 in liquid had a reddish hue, so the NC20 was better). But that's the technical stuff.

What you really need to know is that the product works like a charm, feels way better than any pharmacy counterparts, and is great for acne-prone skin like mine.

And please, apply with a brush. A but of this stuff goes a long way.

When I purchased the studio fix i wanted an airbrushed look..i read the reviews for this and was a litle scared because i didnt want to break out. Well I used it for 2 weeks and i liked the way my skin looked but i feel like they couldnt get my color right AT ALL. i went back 2 x's and couldnt find my color i am fair and i just either felt yellow or orange not pretty. well about a week or two into using it i got a huge cystic pimple on m y chin (before using this i had maybe 1 zit that wasnt even noticeable) and then when id take off my makeup yesterday i was horrified at my forehead i had what seemed like a million tiny clogged pimple bumps on it.:( i take pride in having food looking skin so this was horrible. It was expensive and I didnt have that much to spend so I went to sallys beauty supply and i tried their wet to dry from a makeup line that starts with a P and it was only 9 dollars...much better and i feel cleaner less oily ...i pray my acne clears up right away. also im sure it was the MAC because i hadnt changed my good skin care regimens or anything just sipmly the greasy makeup that i swear i could almost scrape off...also i got comments such as " you know, u really dont need to cake on so much makeup" not nice.:(

I switched to MAC Studio Fix Fluid after using Clinique Loose Powder Foundation and I was amazed by the coverage! I only have to use a light amount all over my face, sometimes just in the areas where I need a touch of makeup to cover redness, and I'm set!

While you would be able to use this on it's own, I combine it with Studio Sculpt concealer for my undereye circles and blemishes. I think I'll be sticking with this foundation for a while though!

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

Great foundation and has good coverage!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Best foundation I've ever used. Okay, at first, I thought it was crap but then I found out that with the right technique, this works! I always use my MAC 187 brush to apply this because that's the only application that gives me smooth and natural finish. I use really tiny amount of product, if I put more, I'll sure be one cakey mess. I always use powder on top of it or MSF Natural. Sometimes if I need less coverage, I'd mix this with my moisturizer (Clinique DDMG) and it's like the most perfect tinted moisturizer ever! :D

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

For reference, my skin tone ranges from an NW15 to an NC20 depending on the time of year. Right now, I'm NW15. I have normal skin, but my nose sometimes gets oily. I'm not prone to breakouts.

Slightly confused by this foundation. Some days it makes my skin look amazing, lasts all day, goes on and blends beautifully and doesn't break me out at all. Other days it makes my skin look like an orange peel, melts off my face and gets patchy, its a pain to put on and is hard to blend and then makes me break out.

However, that doesnt happen often. But non the less, it still happens.

Would repurchase this, but would probably only wear when I have a TON of time to put my makeup on - it needs alot of blending and so on to get it to make my skin look flawless, but slightly natural.