October 26, 2014 | 848 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Definicils Mascara

rated 3 of 5 on 4/21/2003 10:14:00 AM More reviews by gingerleigh

I received the sample with my LAncome purchase and really liked the small brush and the formula didn't clump my lashes. When I bought the full size it was like a diffrent mascara! It clumps..is hard to put on...and I am not impressed with it at all. I find myself going for the sample in my makeup bag. I wouldn't purchase it again

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2003 1:14:00 AM More reviews by Suzy_h

This is my HG mascara. Reading the reviews, I feel I must comment as I thought some were a bit unfair. Every product has a specific consistency and purpose and if you get it but want it to do something else, it is not the product's fault. Yes it is wet and glossy. It contains no fibers. It is *not* a thickening mascara it's sole purpose it to make your lashes long. The glossiness makes them appear so much more natural and not clumpy. I get my lashes so long with this stuff I can't wear my sunglasses! It dries just fine and doesn't smudge during the day. The black is a beautiful real dark black. Yep Im very happy with this stuff (not too much else of Lancome's though :P)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/20/2003 8:38:00 PM More reviews by kucing

Definicils sucks! I decided to give this one a try after reading the great reviews on it, but it seriously has only negative effects on my lashes! The brush is so wet and glossy it made a huge MESS of my entire eyes!!! I constantly had to comb through my lashes with a comb, and that didn't help much. I'd used Flextencils before this, which I thought was quite OK, although my personal fave is admittedly Maybelline Volum'Express. I might consider trying out Magnificils, since it probably has a similar effect to the Maybelline one.

UPDATE: I have tried in vain to make this mascara work during the past 4 weeks, but it just won't. So what I have done now is to initially apply 2 coats of Magnificils, and THEN use the Definicils at the tips of my lashes. It works!!! I get long and natural-looking lashes with this combination with little clumping and no flaking! That's why I upgrade this mascara from 1 to 3 lippies!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2003 7:48:00 AM More reviews by alison81

I'm not a big mascara expert, but this seems to work well for me. I have quite long lashes, so I wasn't after a mascara that did too much (if that makes sense). This mascara really does seperate my eyelashes very well, and it's not clumpy at all. Whilst I'm very happy with this, it hasn't stopped me from looking around for another mascara. It's a still a great product though.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/16/2003 4:25:00 PM More reviews by hey_itz_cath

I got a trial size tube as a GWP and I absolutely loved the small wand and how my lashes looked (fluffy, not scary or spiky). However, when I purchased a full-size tube I found the applicator wand to be clumsy and the actual brush different from the trial size one. Results: still lengthens lashes (not something I really need) but also causes them to stick together and become spidery-looking. They tricked me with the mini! Won't make that mistake again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2003 7:08:00 PM More reviews by Stainless

Ugh! This stuff was so bad for me. I'm very glad I tried a sample before buying a full-sized product. Why, oh why, can't I find a good mascara? I liked the plush brush and the fact that the mascara did not clump at all. That said, it smeared shortly after application and then proceeded to flake off onto my contacts throughout the entire day. My eyes have never been itchier! What a lousy experience!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2003 12:06:00 AM More reviews by TaraJean75

Another holy grail item! I love it when I can afford it! lol

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2003 1:39:00 PM More reviews by ErinK

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have never liked this. Not even enough to use the GWP samples that are free. Uncurls my lashes and just doesn't give the look I like. A bit too wet for my taste and I don't like the way the brush applies it. Lashes sort of stick together.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2003 11:00:00 PM More reviews by Merina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I don't understand what the hype is about. This does nothing for my lashes compared to my Mary Kay endless performance mascara which is only $8.50. Definicils weighs my lashes down making them stick straight and it smudges throughout the day, giving me raccoon eyes. In fact, all the Lancome mascaras smudge on me and there's no difference in formula, that I can tell. :( I was very disappointed, but that just means less money to spend! :)

rated 2 of 5 on 4/5/2003 6:10:00 PM More reviews by jenl173

I normally buy Estee Lauder More than Mascara, but I decided to try Lancome because I have heard so many wonderful things about their mascara. I was really dissapointed with the Defincils, it does make my lashes look really long, but the bristles on the brush are spaced to far apart and they cause some clumps. It also doesn't separate my lashes very well, although it's much better than anything from the drugstore. Thankfully I got a sample of Amplicils in the free gift, and I love it. It makes your lashes look full, long, and natural, and the brush is much better-no clumps!