Lancome Definicils High Definition Mascara

3.7

Aqua/Water, Paraffin, Cera Alba/Beeswax, Acacia/Acacia Senegal Gum, Stearic Acid, Carnauba/Carnauba Wax, Palmitic Acid, Triethanolamine, Simethicone, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Aminomethyl Propanediol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Panthenol, Polyquaternium-10, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, BHT. [ /- May contain: CI 77007/Ultramarines, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491/Iron Oxides]

on 5/31/2003 2:42:00 AM

It was my fave before I discovered Shu Uemura Mascara Basic. It's slightly more dramatic than the latter for it's more voluminous. In terms of lengthening effects, they are relatively on par. However, Shu's definition won me over. Had to agree with jenno2007 that it does flake and it does clump a little. A little more dry compared to most mascaras so dun expect the glossy look.

on 5/30/2003 8:56:00 PM

The Best Mascara on the face of the Earth!!! I've used many and this brand makes both long and thick lashes! No clumps, no flakes, just exceptional lashes.

on 5/27/2003 2:12:00 PM

My mom gave me a GWP sample of this mascara several months ago, and I've been hooked ever since. It really lengthens and defines my lashes better than any other mascara I've ever tried, and believe me, I've tried them all! It's a little pricey, but since I don't splurge on many cosmetic products, I don't mind forking it out for this one. I think it's totally worth it. It leaves me with raccoon eyes if I'm not careful to take it all off, but that's a small price to pay for a mascara that fulfills all my other needs - no clumping, doesn't dry out, and gives me longer, natural looking lashes.

on 5/26/2003 4:17:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

What to say about Defincils...let's see. I've tried a bunch of mascaras in my day - MAC Prolash, L'Oreal Voluminous, Longitude, Maybelline Lash by Lash, Volum Express, and Clinique Lash Doubling, Naturally Glossy, Borghese...and many more I don't have time to name.

I tried Defincils when I was sixteen, and stopped buying it (of course)for awhile because I didn't have enough money to keep buying it.

I'll say two things...this is INDEED the mascara I keep coming back to because it beats all of the other brands out there...but that does NOT make it the best. It flakes just a little, and has a tendency to leave kinda-noticeable rings under your eyes.

It's also a bit on the dry side, and doesn't leave your lashes with that glossy, flexible look that other more wet mascaras will.

Still, it's incredibly versatile - it can be a day mascara, and layered and curled (it curls well) for a night look.

Defincils remains my mascara...I haven't seen any better out there.

on 5/24/2003 10:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Definicils is a fabulous lengthening and defining mascara! Makes my lashes very pretty and flirty-looking. It doesn't clump or flake much, and can be removed easily with Lancome's eye makeup remover. I really the sleek black packaging as well. Although this is good, I won't be repurchasing because it doesn't give enough volume/thickness, and it's expensive! Also, this has a matte/dry look rather than soft and glossy.

on 5/23/2003 9:06:00 AM

The holy grail of mascara for me. Just can't always afford it! I have deep set, small eyes and my lashes aren't long. Nothing works for me as good as this product. Helps with lengthening. I love it.

on 5/22/2003 10:51:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

Nothing but good things to say about this mascara. The price is a little steep, but the quality is wonderful. This was my HG until Flextincils came out. I would reccomend this to anyone who loves and need a great mascara.

on 5/19/2003 4:45:00 PM

This mascara REALLY lengthens your lashes more so than any mascara I have ever tried - however, I do use it under Cils Booster. My only complaint is that is seems to take all curl out of your lashes - makes them very straight. Not a bad thing - just different? I think I like my Flextencils better for the curl and volume but this is still a good mascara - no clumping or flaking.

on 5/16/2003 11:19:00 PM

Ew! This totally ends up underneath my eyes... it flakes and smudges and looks all GROSS! I hate it. Also, it has a really weird odor. No thanks!

This is my favorite lengthening mascara. The lengthening power is amazing, it literally stretches my short lashes out. My favorite part is that it doesn't smear, flake or smudge, even after I nap. For the price though, I would buy this only after my gift with purchases run out.

Top Rated Lancome Products