Philosophy Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

3.7

Water, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Coco-Glucoside, Coconut Alcohol, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Guaiac (Guaiacum Officinale) Extract, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Rosa Damascena Extract, Amyris Balsamifera Bark Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Cinnamomum Cassia Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Piper Nigrum (Pepper) Seed Extract, Polysorbate 20, Glycerin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Yellow 5 (Ci 19140).

on 10/28/2008 11:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I REALLY wanted to like this product, my best friend and my mother both use it and have no problems with it whatsoever. I, on the other hand, broke out in red pimples all along my jawline and it only got worse the more I tried to use it.

on 10/28/2008 8:41:00 PM

I was looking forward to trying this product because of all the positive ratings. It made my skin very itchy on the first use and smells like bug spray. YUK! It's going back to the store tomorrow.

on 10/26/2008 3:14:00 PM

I wanted so much to like this product. It smells great to me (very relaxing, like an herbal tea scent) and had a good list of natural ingredients. It took off all my makeup well too. However, it was just far too drying for my skin. My face has become flaky and has a rougher texture after using it for awhile. My skin is prone to dryness, so possibly it would work for other skin types better.

on 10/26/2008 5:11:00 AM

I got a sample of this from Sephora. The SA swore it was the best. The only time I break out is right before my period, and even then, its just a few small white head zits. I used this cleanser and this broke me out IMMEDIATLY!! i woke up the next morning with TWO large deep painful pimples along with large whitehead zits on my nose and cheeks. GROSS! As soon as i stopped using this, the zits cleared in 2-3 days. HORRIBLE. thank god I got a sample first!

on 10/25/2008 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I love purity but I stopped using it cause it's slightly pricey for for a face wash. it makes my face feel clean but not stripped the way soap would. one of my favorite face washes.

on 10/24/2008 6:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Good cleanser. Doesn't over-dry my skin. Rinses clean. Doesn't sting my eyes. I like it.

on 10/24/2008 3:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is the one facial product I will buy again and again, regardless of cost.It's worth the price because it lasts so long anyway. I have normal to dry in the winter skin. It is the only cleanser I've found that completey removes all of my makeup, but does not strip my skin bone dry. It also has a refreshing light herbal scent that I love. I cannot and will not be without Purity!

on 10/23/2008 2:38:00 PM

I have used this for over a year. Prior to this I used Philosophy On a Clear Day. This is so much better. I have cystic acne prone skin and this is the most amazing cleanser. I wouldn't know what to do with out it. It is my HG cleanser for life! The bottles are big and last a very long time so I think the price is good for this reason. I also like that it rinses clean off my skin and removes my eye makeup as well.

on 10/22/2008 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

So far so good. I have oily skin but sensitive skin as well. If I use my cleanser for oily skin alot, it dries me out, and if i dont use it I break out. I wanted to introduce a mild cleanser at night, I was using Mario Badescu enzyme cleanser which I love but I wanted to try something new, so I'm using Purity Made Simple. Have not broke out yet, and Purity smells like the Borghese products.

on 10/21/2008 4:03:00 PM

I bought the jumbo size on QVC and I'm super glad I did. It's a lot cheaper this way compared to buying several smaller bottles. I love the way it makes my skin tingle when I use it at night. Sort of reminds me of the feeling you get when you use noxema. It takes off all my makeup beautifully, doesn't make my skin feel tight or dry too! Plus when i wear super pigmented eye shadows it even takes it off. I usually have a super hard time with eye MU removers. This is going to be a staple in my everyday routine.