September 1, 2014 | 1822 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2008 11:55:00 PM More reviews by sillypenguin

I was looking for a gentle cleanser for my dry, dry, dry skin. I had used so many harsh cleansers to "help" my acne that my skin was absolutely parched. My friend suggested this. My skin was so dry, that even this cleanser made it feel dry. However, after using strictly this for 2 1/2 weeks my skin was less dry. It removes my Too Faced Lash Injection and my eyemakeup even when I used Urban Decay Primer Potion. It doesn't leave me shiny or tight. If you're looking for a basic cleanser then this is it. Foaming ones made me feel tight and shiny. Purity is a simple cleanser just as it claims. If you want something that exfoliates or clears out pores, or works miracles, then keep looking. I love it in the morning and rotate it at night with other cleansers. But I reach for it the most since it takes off my makeup while cleaning. I used a dime-nickel sized dollop. The 16 oz lasts me about a year using it 1-2 times a day. I used it a ton when I was trying mineral makeup samples. Very happy, and I just stock up during Sephora's FF sale. I heard its pretty cheap on ebay and QVC offers a super large size for a good price.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2008 3:32:00 PM More reviews by m1029

i first got this cleanser as a delux sample from Sephora, its non-foaming characteristics threw me off at first but after i used it my face felt soooo clean! After my sample ran out i had to buy it again!
i recomend at least trying this cleanser once, even if you don't like non-foaming cleansers.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2008 2:35:00 PM More reviews by jbsundries

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the best facial cleanser I've ever used. I'm not a fan of Philosophy's other products (Hope in a Jar, the eye cream and perfumes did not work for me) but this is fantastic. I've tried preservative-free cleansers with no luck, and once those broke me out, I came back to Philosophy. My skin looks radiant and I have very few, if any, breakouts. I love the scent and my face feels clean after washing, not dry or tight. An 8 oz. bottle lasts me 6 months, so it's definitely a good deal.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2008 1:06:00 AM More reviews by wordsandnumbers

I have purchased this product over and over. I hate removing eye makeup separately, and this product takes off my eye makeup very well. It has a clean, lemony scent that doesn't offend me. If you are expecting suds, you won't get it here-I think there is a new version of Purity that suds for those who want them.

My face feels clean-but not dry. I am combination and sometimes a cleanser that gets the oil also dries my cheeks, but not Purity.

Your best bet: buy the 32 oz with the pump when qvc or nordstrom has a sale.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2008 10:24:00 PM More reviews by kams64

I've tried plenty of cleansers and this one is my favorite for evening makeup removal. It gets rid of even tough eye makeup with no stinging. All traces of sunsceen and foundation are gone. I had always used a foaming cleanser, but I quickly got used to no foam. My face feels cleaner with Purity than any other foaming cleanser. This stuff actually makes me look forward to washing my face! ;-)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2008 11:06:00 AM More reviews by maureen2

My mom uses this cleanser and really likes it so I thought I'd give it a go. I had a ton of makeup on for an event and this did a great job of removing it! It gently cleansed my skin and left it soft w/no tightness. I prefer foaming cleanser but would use this again maybe at night just to remove makeup.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2008 4:03:00 AM More reviews by mzxtine

I just remembered that I used this prior to switching to H20 products to help with my skin. But this was about a month and a half before switching over... it smelled alright. Cleansing step was alright, too. I got a sample so not sure what to say. The MA helped me with a sample kit to try... let's just say it wasn't enough to convince me to switch over.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/16/2008 5:01:00 PM More reviews by bhimsey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i used this product for 4 days and, despite wanting it to be my HG, was unfortunately not. I have dry sensitive skin. It did not irritate my skin in any way so that is a positive but it did dry my skin out. My face felt very tight and actually started flaking because it was drying me out so much. It did remove all make up. So I wouldn't recommend for those with dry skin. But for if your skin is sensitive,it won't irritate you.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2008 9:50:00 PM More reviews by malogale

I LOVE this cleanser! It removes makeup completely and is great for de-congesting my pores! It is very effective, but not too harsh. For all of you who experienced poor reactions, did you give it a week or so? For my first three days of using it, I did break out and did get rough, red, dry patches. Day four, *poof* irritation went away as did all acne. I don't know what happened, but I've been in love ever since.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2008 12:24:00 AM More reviews by bittersweet_delite

i LOVE this cleanser. Definatly my new HG. Super creamy but even on my combo-oily skin i never get oily from it. Removes all makeup and eyemakeup. The bottle lasts forever. I used the 3.5 oz bottle for three months, twice a day! My pores are tighter and my skin is clearer. definatly will be buying this again.

EDIT: Has anyone tried the new foaming version yet? I am very curious, because I love a foaming cleanser, but i am a little unsure of whether or not the actual product is more different. I am scared it will be really drying.