Clinique High Impact Mascara

3.6

water, copernicia cerifera (caranuba) wax, stearic acid, glyceryl stearate, polyisobutene, silica, acrylates copolymer, aminomethyl propanediol, vp/eicosene copolymer, sodium hyaluronate, lauroyl lysine, pantethine, melanin, panthenol, hydrolyzed wheat protein, ethylhexylglycerin, hydroxyethylcellulose, calcium aluminum borosilicate, pvp, propylene clycol, acacia senegal gum, isostearic acid, simethicone, dimethicone peg-8 polyacrylate, urea, disodium edta, bht, sodium dehydroacetate, methylparaben, ethylparaben, propylparaben, isobutylparaben, phenoxyethanol, benzyl alcohol, [ /- iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499), mica, titanium dioxide (ci 77891), blue 1 lake (ci 42090), aluminum powder (ci 77000), carmine (ci 75470), chromium oxide greens (ci 77288), yellow 5 lake (ci 19140), chromium hydroxide green (ci 77289), bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163), bronze powder (ci 77400), ultramarines (ci 77007), ferric ferrocyanide (ci 77510)] [iln 30012]

on 3/5/2005 2:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This mascara certainly didn't make my lashes look longer, but it is a good mascara. It doesn't clump, or flake off. I still needed to use a primer with it to make my lashes look longer and fuller. My only compaint is the tube it came in after awhile some mascara became clumped in the top and it was hard to open and close.

on 3/4/2005 9:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

i'm a huge Clinique fan so I was willing to try this mascara. it looks great on, and it doesn't clump but at the end of the day i had nasty gooey black stuff in my eyes!! it took like 20 minutes to get all of it out!!!overall i don't recommend this to anyone, unless you want a bad eye infection.

This mascara works great for me. I have long, fine lashes and it plumps them without clumping. It is definatly a one coat mascara- it is gel-like so it takes a moment to dry.

on 3/2/2005 5:40:00 PM

i recieved this as a gwp and i think i like it... its s little gloopy if you put too much on but it does the job ;)

on 3/2/2005 4:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is a decent mascara. I wish I was more positive about it but it doesn't measure up to my previous mascara, Lancome Definicils. It's still pretty good, lightweight, not full of clumps and it makes the lashes a little longer. But it's no Definicils.

I bought this when it first came out, and it became my HG. That was before I discovered Lancome Hypnose. Then I moved on to YSL Faux Cils which is what I use now. But anyway I got a GWP size of this and now I think I really like it again. It's also much cheaper than YSL. I think you have to let it thicken up a little bit to get the full effect. I am going to try YSL on one eye, and this on the other eye to figure out which one I like the best.

on 3/1/2005 4:13:00 PM

Very nice mascara for those looking for something dramatic. Makes my lashes really dark and lush with a slight curl. But even though it doesn't smudge, it flakes into my contact lenses. :-(

on 2/28/2005 12:53:00 PM

This is a very schizophrenic mascara. If you use one of the mini GWP tubes that Clinique hands out, you probably won't like it - it gets really clumpy really quickly. But then I got a much larger tube as a GWP and it was great! Made my lashes lovely and thick with no clumps at all. So try the bigger size, definitely - this is a keeper for a good "office" mascara (I have really tiny eyelashes and need all the help I can get). The only problem I have with this is that it might not work well in the summertime because it's not even remotely waterproof.

on 2/27/2005 10:04:00 PM

I for one really like this mascara--builds volume and gives a dramatic effect. I didn't find that it clumped, smudged, or flaked so it's good in my book.

on 2/27/2005 9:24:00 AM

This is the best Mascara I have tried. It goes on nicely without clumping and it doesn't give me raccoon eyes. *EDIT* Fall 2006: I have tried L'Extreme By LANCOME and find it even better + Worth the extra $10.