Estee Lauder Double Wear [old formula - REFORMULATED]

New as of :)12/2012:Ingredients: water/aqua/eau, cyclopentasiloxane, trimethylsiloxysilicate, peg/ppg-18/18 dimethicone, butylene glycol, tribehnin, polyglyceryl-3 diisostearate, magnesium sulfate, tocopheryl acetate, polymethylsilsequioxane, methicone, laureth-7, xantham gum, alumina, sodium dehydroacetate, disteardimonium hectorite, cellulose gum, propylene carbonate, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, phenoxyethanol, [+/- iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI77499), mica, titanium dioxide (CI 77891)] Original: ACTIVE INGREDIENT: TITANIUM DIOXIDE 1.00% INGREDIENTS: WATER (AQUA PURIFICATA) PURIFIED, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE,TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, TRIBEHENIN, PEG/PPG-20/20 DIMETHICONE, SORBITAN SESQUIOLEATE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, POLYMETHYLSILSESQUIOXANE, METHICONE, LAURETH-7, XANTHAN GUM, ALUMINA, BHT, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, IMIDAZOLIDINYL UREA, CHLOROXYLENOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, [ /-(MAY CONTAIN)IRON OXIDES(CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), MICA, TITANI DIOXIDE (CI 77891)]

on 4/21/2009 1:55:00 PM

this is an extreamly thick full coverage foundation. my mom bought this for herself and i use to use it to do her makeup. she's got dry kinda wrinkly skin (sorry mom!) and it was just so hard to blend this foundation out so i started to apply it with a damp foundation brush and that seemed to help out a bit, but after a few hours it would settle into her lines and wrinkles and end up looking cakey. that happened even though she used a moisturizer 5 min prior to application. eventually she switched over to maybelline's dream liquid mousse foundation and that works a LOT better, i use maybelline's foundation as well and i love it. i would recommend that over EL's foundation.

on 4/21/2009 10:52:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

UPDATE:...jeez...never say never. For the past year or more I've been wearing powder foundation. SWORE off liquid...especially heavy liquid like this. Then I realized I really needed a bit more of a polished look at work so I tried Revlon Colorstay...didn't work for me. Broke me out...then I went back to my powder foundation and thought, UGH..I need something more than this. Sooooo.....I came back to this after probably ten years without using it. So far, I'm glad I did. Below I said I wouldn't wear it again...but here I am.

Though I no longer wear this foundation, nor would I, I DO agree it's perfect for some. This is a very heavy FULL coverage foundation. You will NOT look soft or natural in it, but if you have a lot to cover, you can't really expect to look like you're not wearing makeup. This was my ONLY foundation when I was a surgical tech. I had LONG days in surgery and needed something I could put on and forget. This was it. You will likely not have to touch it up during the day, even if you have oily skin like me. My skin DID look flawless, but the only place on my face that this gave me trouble was under my eyes. Once I dusted with powder, my fine lines were more obvious. But I didn't care, I needed the long wearing power of this. I truly loved it for the two+ years I used it, but I want a softer more natural look now. It will cause some breakouts over time if you don't cleanse properly, and for this you MUST have a makeup remover PRIOR to your cleanser. A cleanser alone won't remove all traces of this. So, give it a try if you need to cover a lot or need a budge proof face. Other than that, bypass it for something else. Oh, this was also PERFECT on my wedding day (first marriage years ago). I didn't worry about shine or my makeup coming off on the shoulders of men's suits or ladies dresses when they hugged me. :) :) :)

on 4/21/2009 7:34:00 AM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

do not buy this product!
it gave me huge breakouts that I spent 4 months trying to repair!!
Honestly it has a nice velvety kind of texture and an alright smell
but honestly its too expensive as a foundation PLUS the treatment you need to repair all the damage it does to your skin

on 4/20/2009 9:38:00 PM

All right, I just have to stick my 2cents in. I WOULD DEFINITELY RECOMMEND THESE PRODUCTS FOR OILY FACES. I have oily, acne-prone(on the cheeks which are extra greasy, not in the t-zone), sensitive skin(anything with bismuth oxychloride gives me a chemical burn). Considering how oily and acne-prone my skin is, I would definitely NOT recommed the DW line for anyone with a tendency towards dry skin.
I have been using the sample Ecru for about a week. I work in an unairconditioned warehouse setting, and for the past week, we have been having temps into the 80's which means that in the warehouse it can reach into the 100's. THIS IS THE ONLY FOUNDATION THAT LOOKS THE SAME @ 8am AS IT DOES @ 5pm. I can feel the sweat rolling off my face and when I check my makeup at lunch and after work I have only occasionally had to reapply the Double Matte powder (which on 1st application in the morning I apply over the DW with a kabuki brush in swirling strokes like a mineral foundation). I have found that using the DW concealer with the DW foundation and the DM powder keeps my face looking fresh all day, is drying out my acne, and covers the big black circles under my eyes. It also doesn't feel or look like I have on as much makup as I do. THIS MAKES ME FEEL BEAUTIFUL. I LOVE the coverage and the matteness of this product. When my sample is done, I will DEFINITELY purchase this foundation. I have already gotten the DW concealer and the DM powder, both of which also LOVE.
SPECIAL NOTE: YOU MUST USE THE EL MAKEUP REMOVER IN ORDER TO REMOVE THIS FOUNDATION!!! It will not come off properly without it.

I'm loving this foundation. I'm giving it a 4 for now because I've only been using it for a week (but I couldn not review it cos I think its so great..so far) so I'm not 100% sure it wont break me out. I mix it with a little of the body shop glow enhancer(is that what it's called?..) and it looks amazing. I have acne scars around my mouth/chin area and this covers very well! it's medium to full coverage. I've been using a damp sponge to apply this but I would love to try a big brush to blend it. I'm very fair and 'bone' is a great match, not perrrfect but damn close.
I'll update soon!!
Ah yeh does NOT break me out. and can I just mention this covers my acne scars amazingly, like they are not even there!! When I wear this out and catch a glimpse of my face I am always amazed that my skin always looks EVEN. This even lasts through a gym workout (WOW). Still using the sponge to apply and it does not look 'masklike' at all. You look 'made up'....but not....if that makes sense...mm. My close friends and my family will know I'm wearing foundation (because of my acne-scarred, uneven skintone atm :-(..) but others don't..BLEND, blend, blend and quick = perfection!

on 4/19/2009 5:51:00 PM

I have to say that the coverage was pretty good for a foundation, it stated medium coverage on the official web but I am pretty sure it can go full coverage. However, the color of foundation is really hard to find the right color, I've tried ivory beige and turn out to be a bit pink on my face and then when i tried tawny, it turned orange.

on 4/19/2009 5:36:00 PM

I really wish the bottle came with a pump because it is too thick and difficult to pour out the correct ammount.

Looks a bit cakey. Staying power is pretty good even with my oil skin, but it just looks toooooooo thick and cakey, especially as the day wears on.

I thought I wanted a full coverage foundation, but I think it makes me look older.

on 4/18/2009 8:34:00 PM

I read the reviews on this & for the most part they were very good.....so i went out & bought it.

It's awful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On a side note This foundation smells real bad sorta like a stale tobacco tin. & I live in a non smoking house.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this foundation! I can't beleive that I would go to a store and try to pick the colours myself. The woman at the counter has a special chart which she puts against your skin and when she told me the shade I thought it would be to light but I was wrong! I have now leant that I must warm my face with bronser and not try to use a darker foundation. I have scars and spots and this covers them well. I also have the councealer which I really like too. Both the products last all day.

on 4/16/2009 5:02:00 PM

The best medium-full coverage foundation out there. Although it provides a lot of coverage, it doesn't feel heavy on the skin. They have a very nice range of colors and it applies very easily with fingers, sponge or brush. This is a great product!

Editing this review to give it 3 lippies...although the coverage of this foundation is great (very heavy) - i can't seem to get it to blend well, it looks like i'm wearing a lot of makeup, which is not the result i want.