November 22, 2014 | 1486 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear [old formula - REFORMULATED]

REFORUMULATED 2012 Please see http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=159975/Double-Wear-Stay-in-place-Makeup/Estee-Lauder/Liquid for the current formulation of this product

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2009 8:34:00 PM More reviews by lillylou2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I read the reviews on this & for the most part they were very good.....so i went out & bought it.

It's awful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On a side note This foundation smells real bad sorta like a stale tobacco tin. & I live in a non smoking house.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2009 6:55:00 PM More reviews by ElvisLivesUpstairs

I love this foundation! I can't beleive that I would go to a store and try to pick the colours myself. The woman at the counter has a special chart which she puts against your skin and when she told me the shade I thought it would be to light but I was wrong! I have now leant that I must warm my face with bronser and not try to use a darker foundation. I have scars and spots and this covers them well. I also have the councealer which I really like too. Both the products last all day.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/16/2009 5:02:00 PM More reviews by jennynucity

The best medium-full coverage foundation out there. Although it provides a lot of coverage, it doesn't feel heavy on the skin. They have a very nice range of colors and it applies very easily with fingers, sponge or brush. This is a great product!

Editing this review to give it 3 lippies...although the coverage of this foundation is great (very heavy) - i can't seem to get it to blend well, it looks like i'm wearing a lot of makeup, which is not the result i want.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/14/2009 10:47:00 PM More reviews by Christinae

I was able to get a fairly good color match but this product is too heavy and mask like for my taste. It does last all day. If you want full coverage this might be a good fit for you.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/14/2009 2:40:00 PM More reviews by aimeeb212

ITA w/the reviewer below. I could not find a color match in this foundation and I tried 3 times! I have come to the conclusion that my skin has neutral undertones. I can't handle anything too pink or too yellow. The closest was Ecru, which is marketed as a neutral, but it was still way to yellow. It looked totally unnatural and felt like a mask. DW just paled in comparison to my old stand by, Revlon CS, but I'm a total foundation addict and wanted to try this based on the reviews. I also tried the Light version, but didn't like it as much as Revlon's CS Active Light mu either. I don't know why I can't just stick w/Revlon CS because I always go back to it:-/ I can't comment on whether it made me break out or not b/c I only wore it a few times, but it sure felt like it would. My skin couldn't "breathe"! DW is also a bit too much for my budget, so it's probably for the best that it didn't work anyways. Oh well.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 4/14/2009 7:01:00 AM More reviews by Just_Sara

Sorry girls! I hate this!
    They have the worst color selection ever!
    I couldnt find a match at all! I tried 2C2 (02 Pale Almond) very warm orange beige ( reminds me of Max Factor terrible lasting finish color s) and 2N2 (01 Fresco) a beige color. Usually when I use a color that does not match my skintone. I am still able to work it. But not with this one. They both look terrible on me. The coverage is amazing. I have to admit. Full coverage. I Love that about this foundation. But what I dont like is that it looks like a mask!
    It does last a long time on your skin. And you dont need powder/concealer for this foundation.
    And Btw the bottle sucks. Ever foundationfinger print show and you cant take it off. Yeah. You will have foundation on you finger because it doesnt have a pump! I hate that about this. I want my products to look clean.

I can see why there are a lot of people loving this foundation. The coverage is great and it lasts.
    But for me.. I want a natural looking foundation. Even If I have to powder or use concealer. And a good color match. For the price, nope.. I would go for Revlon Colorstay. They had waayyy better colorselection.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2009 12:30:00 AM More reviews by LieselotteDolly

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Well, I've only been using this for three days on a sample and I'm not liking it. It cakes a little on my skin and I seem to always be aware I'm wearing foundation. The colors are fine; don't go by the charts, do tests and see which looks best. It does cover well, it does stay the same color throughout the day, it lasts long, and it has SPF. I just don't think this is the foundation for me. I'm not sure if I'd buy it or not, but right now, I'm going to say no.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2009 3:19:00 PM More reviews by Meepa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Best foundation I have ever tried - and I've tried a few. When I'm without it - like today for example - I just don't feel confident. It does dry quite quickly so you have to work fast. I do agree that a pump on the bottle would make things easier. Additionally I would recommend asking the lady on the counter to recommend a shade and then going for the equivilent in the next box down on the chart.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2009 11:02:00 PM More reviews by jewelia

As I am reading through some of these reviews looking for someone that might use the same color that I do because I am looking for a undereye concealer to match, I feel like I have to jump in.

For all of you guys that can't find the right light color, DON'T USE THE COLOR CHARTS!!! You will never find the right color that way, because it just isn't accurate. I tried that one day when I figured I would get a refill and forgot to check for the name on my bottle at home and based on the chart, I tried all the light colors and they were awful. The sales lady said she didn't know how to help me so, I just started picking up bottles and there was my color. BONE.
    It is awesome but, it doesn't look anything like the color the charts say it is. So, all you fair ladys out there, try the BONE even if the sales lady tells you it is not light enough. It is not yellow, it is not pink, it is just plain old FAIR.

As far as the coverage, it will give you a flawless face if you apply it correctly. I have tried the brushes but, I like using my fingers. You have to work fast because once it starts to dry, you will mess it all up if you touch it and then you have to wash it all off and start over. It definately has a learning curve. I do around my eyes and nose first and work myself out. You can get extra coverage if you pat it on instead of wide and then you have to trust that it will dry to a nice finish and walk away for a few minutes to let it dry otherwise it can get blotchy. After a few minutes, I like to set it with a finishing powder. If you use the Double Wear powder, I think it is just too thick looking. Although, I will use this foundation as concealer over the double wear powder foundation and it seems to work very nicely but, my skin is too dry to do that everday.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2009 2:39:00 PM More reviews by cheerz2u

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I cannot believe what bad ratings this product is getting!!! I absolutely LOVE this! The only thing I have found to cover my flaws, not clog my pores and actually improve my skins look and texture. This was not cakey on my at all and a little bit goes along way. I have very acne prone skin so this was a major plus in my book that it not only made me look flawless but also didn't clog my pores and "allow" my skin to heal. I love this and will def be buying again!! It is pricey but I have had this now for over a month and it still looks like it is close to 95% full. Well worth the money since it lasts for so long.