Maybelline Baby Lips Lip Balm

3.6

Polybutene, Octyldodecanol, Isopropyl Myristate, Petrolatum, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Polyethylene, Ozokerite, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter / Shea Butter, Diisostearyl Malate, Candelilla Cera / Candelilla Wax / Cire De Candelilla, Vp/Hexadecene Copolymer, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Parfum / Fragrance, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alumina, Aroma / Flavor, Silica, Isopropyl Palmitate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Limonene, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Benzyl Benzoate, Centella Asiatica Extract, Aluminum Hydroxide, Citral, Linalool, Hexyl Cinnamal, Tin Oxide, Geraniol, Eugenol, Aloe Barbadensis Extract / Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Mel / Honey / Miel, Calcium Pantothenate, Ascorbic Acid, Dimethicone, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate, Atelocollagen. May Contain: CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, MICA, CI 45410 / Red 28 Lake, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 15850 / Red 7, CI 45380 / Red 22 Lake, CI 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake. CI 42090 / Blue 1 Lake, CI 15985 / Yellow 6 Lake, CI 75470 / Carmine].

on 11/6/2011 2:11:00 PM

I was in need of some lip balm and came across Baby Lips in a magazine with good reviews. I decided to give it a try and purchased 2. The blue clear one and orange cherry one. It has the perfect texture and makes my lips feel smooth and rejuvinated! The cherry one does come out tinted on your lips, which I do like but makes me wonder if the purple one would leave your lips purple?

on 11/5/2011 6:38:00 PM

I love this Lip Balm! I have in Quenched. It is clear and smells good. It feels great going on because its really smooth. It has great moisturizing qualities, and I can tell the difference in just two days. My lips are much smoother and just feel better. This is a definite plus since the dryer season is quickly approaching, I needed to find a great product, and I did. I think I am going to try the Cherry next. My friend has that one and its just a subtle hint of color which is what I would prefer.

on 11/4/2011 9:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

mine doesnt look like the ones in the picture, but i'm guessing it has to be the same thing. i really wanted to love it because it was cheap and cute and maybelline. after much deliberation, i bought the pink punch color expecting it to be a little more sheer than it actually was. and perhaps not as... pink. very '80s. depending on what makeup i am wearing, it looks ok, but i am pretty pale so wearing it alone just washes me out. i dont really notice the moisture it supposedly produces. it even claimed to make your lips healthier after 2 weeks of use (or something to that effect, anyway). i find that really hard to believe because it doesnt feel that moist on.
overall, i would try the other ones, but will never need to purchase the pink again because i dont plan on running out.

on 11/4/2011 6:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I bought one of these because everyone had one and it was pretty big on tumblr too. I live in New Zealand and we don't have the tinted ones so I bought the smoothing cherry lip balm. It smells nice and it does it's job moisturising my lips BUT after I leave it on a little bit, the taste/smell of it changes into this horrid smell of UGH. It disgusts me so I definitively will not be purchasing again.

on 11/4/2011 2:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I was really happy to see an affordable tinted lip balm. I'm pretty low maintenance, but I have very pale (and dry, and often chapped) lips and now that I'm working in an office full-time, I am looking for something to help me look a little more pulled together but that doesn't require investing lots of time/money (since I have neither).

I wanted to get the Grape color, but balked due to just how pale my lips are. Instead, I got Pink Punch, mistakenly thinking it might be a MLBB color. No. As other reviewers have noted, it's a Barbie doll pink. To my eye, it seems almost frosty. I am not opposed to the color per se, as I occasionally enjoy a bright, bold, fun lip, but in that case I would prefer a more pigmented lipstick. Either way, the color doesn't do anything for me. For reference, I have NW15 skin, dark brown eyes, and medium reddish brown hair.

I still use the lip balm, and it feels nice enough, although it doesn't seem particularly moisturizing. I said I'd buy again, thinking I would in a different color, but I'm really not sure.

Final thought--I think the packaging is really cute and have had no problems with the top coming off in my cavernous, disaster zone of a bag.

*EDIT* I did buy this product again in Grape and I'm so glad I did! The Pink Punch color was so bright and unnatural and the fruit punch scent so overwhelming that I was truly freaked out by the prospect of dark purple lips and catching a whiff of grape cough syrup all day (I HATE artificial grape flavor/smell), but my curiosity and the $3 price tag won out. I'm pleased to report that the grape pez smell isn't too strong (I only notice it when I look for it) and that this is a MLBB shade.

I saw the baby lips lip balm display and it immediately got my eye. I liked the bright fun colors and 80s feel. I decided to give them a try so I purchased peach kiss. First off the scent is very peachy and sweet which I liked. It applied very smooth and felt great on my lips. I also love the soft shimmer of color it gave. My only problem with this balm is that it bleed pretty bad after it wore of my lips. I had sparkles all around my mouth!! I think I will repurchase this in the future but sick to the CLEAR!!

on 11/4/2011 12:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I have this in Quenched, Pink Punch, Peach Kiss and Grapevine. I have different opinions on all of them. First off, I LOVE Pink Punch. I have a hard time pulling off barbie pink lippies because they make me look like a clown, but this is the perfect balance of balm to lipstick for me. This gives me those Nicki Minaj pink lips without looking crazy. I bought a back up tube of this.
Quenched has pretty good slip, but is not the best lip balm out there. I like seeing the tube in my purse and it helps rehydrate my lips over lipstick that has dried out. I wouldn't buy it again only because I have a million lip balms already that can do the job.
Peach Kiss was useless so I brought it back. It has NO pigment. It felt kind of grainy, hardly any slip at all.
Grapevine really isn't pigmented enough for me. I don't see any purple tone in it. It's more like a sheer berry color for me. I might use it over my darker lipsticks that are too dry. I wouldn't purchase this one again.

So, YMMV depending on which one you get, but how can you deny the cuteness of the tube?!? It makes me smile when I see it and feel all girly.

on 11/3/2011 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I like mine. I have it in Grape Vine and it's such a nice hint of color. It's not overly scented or flavored which is fine with me. I've had Dr. Pepper lip balm in the past and that stuff is way too scented and flavored for something that I apply as often as I do. I'm not averse to scents or flavors but the Dr. Pepper balm was just too much after a while. This lip balm is, so far, perfect for adding a hint of color and moisture without being overpowering on the scent, flavor or color. I'll be getting other colors to try and, for sure, will repurchase the Grape one.

on 11/3/2011 2:42:00 PM

just bought a couple of these a week ago, and so far I have no complaints. My lips were nasty chapped and peeling and since I've been using them, they're looking much better...no more peeling and they're super smooth. Not loving the packaging so much, the lid tends to fall off in my purse =/

EDIT: Dropping this down to 1 lippie. This was really great at first, made my lips nice and smooth. But after a few weeks my lips started getting more dry and chapped than they were before I started using this balm. I stopped using it and my lips started to heal up. I don't recommend this to anyone now.

on 11/3/2011 10:43:00 AM

Yeah the packaging is cute, but the chap stick itself is terrible. Didn't really help my lips out at all. I guess it's okay to wear under lipstick but I'd never buy it again.

Popular Lip Treatments