July 25, 2014 | 1276 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - Fit Me Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 3/11/2011 7:18:00 PM More reviews by NikiJewels

I find this to have a really heavy/thick feeling when it's applied .. it also looks really oily on the skin, but if you buy the powder and apply it over it looks better (: All and all I find it's really good for matching skin tone and it blends really well! And the package is pretty, but no pump :( ! So it just kinda pours out.. It's also really hard to wash off so you need to sorta scrub it off.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/11/2011 10:29:00 AM More reviews by shop74

Fit Me did not fit me ...if you have oily skin as many of others have said on here beware and do not use. This product gave me 2 huge pimples. It flared up my acne again. Nice packaging but that is about it. Very greasy feeling.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/10/2011 10:57:00 PM More reviews by theroseoncloud9

I got this for around $3 at walgreens. It has sheer coverage but it looks really good with a powder foundation underneath. I use Benefit "Hello Flawless" and smooth this over it and it works great. Doesnt last long and it oxidizes. Go a shade or two lighter to avoid this. Wont be buying again, colorstay works for me still.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2011 5:30:00 PM More reviews by Katie75007

I wanted to love this...and it really does have its attributes.

For reference, my skin is approximately NW5-10; NARS Siberia is probably the best match, shade wise. Fit Me 110 (Porcelain) is definitely light enough, which is a plus; most foundations are too dark for me, even in the lightest formulation. Fit Me 110 is lighter than the MUFE HD 110, and less pink, but perhaps not as yellow as Siberia. I tried 115 (Ivory), too, and the difference between 110 and 115 is pretty drastic. 115 is a great deal more peachy pink, and 110 seems more neutral, even slightly yellow. It leaves decent coverage -- I thought it would be sheer, but it's surprisingly medium-range.

What I could not get over was the scent: I don't mind a bit of fragrance in my foundation, but I found this one to be overly perfumey -- a soapy, powdery smell -- which was a surprise, because the bottle looks so minimalist (and the line is marketed as such). I thought it might fade, but no luck -- it lingered on my skin. If you aren't bothered by the scent, you may really like this, though -- all in all, it's really a decent foundation for the price.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2011 11:27:00 AM More reviews by MikiKaneohe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

I have to say that I really like this foundation. I have very oily skin and plenty of imperfections, and the coverage from this is pretty good. I really like the soft flower scent too. The color choice for my olive-y skin tone isnt terribly great, but I can mix shades to get a good match. I dont mind doing this because I can buy 3 of these foundations for less money than 1 bottle of any of my other foundations from Bobbi Brown, MUFE and Korres.
I dont get really greasy from this either. My skin is so oily that even MUFE Mat Velvet doesnt hold it at bay very much, but this stuff doesnt make my situation worse.
Also, I feel like when I first put this on, my skin looks like it has makeup on it, and then 5 minutes later my skin looks really nice and natural and smoother and somehow perfected. Its as if it takes a few minutes to adjust to your skin and actually "fit" your complexion. I use my SIgma flat top synthetic kabuki brush to apply.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/8/2011 10:39:00 PM More reviews by theaccidentalbeauty

Grr, I really, really wanted to love this! I was so sure this was my miracle foundation, and I was so sure I had found the one. Especially being as cheap as this is, I was even more hopeful. When I applied this the very first time, it was easy to blend, provided medium coverage and dried to a semi-matte natural finish. So far, so good. I went to the movies, so about 2-3 hours had elapsed by the time I got home. When I got home and looked in the mirror, my skin looked glowy and dewy, instead of oily. The foundation had settled into the fine lines around my mouth, but only slightly. So that was day one. On the second day, I woke up and did the same routine. But, this time I was out for around 6-7 hours before getting back home to get a good look. And, it definitely wasn't a good look.. more like a bad look. I was an orange mess, feeling like I belonged on the Jersey Shore. The foundation had oxidized on me and it was so much easier to see during the day, than it may have been the night before. If foundation oxidizes easily on you, this may not be worth it. Only give it a try if you've got a fantastic primer, probably silicone-based. Anyway, this wasnt even the worst part. I finally removed my makeup to be greeted by a red, irritated, burning, itchy rash on my forehead, the sides of my nose and chin. My skin really isn't even that sensitive. I am now left recovering from my irritation with extremely dry (oh, but still oily!) and extreme peeling of skin around my mouth. Sadly, this is not being repurchased, ever.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/7/2011 10:10:00 PM More reviews by crazyhearts6

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think this is one of my favourite drugstore foundations, only because Revlon Colorstays colour selection is horrible (i.e. much too pink). This foundation is almost my correct colour, which I can live with. I have pretty dry skin on a normal basis and I really like this foundation on my skin. It feels light and natural, but gives mild coverage which I love. I think this could be comparable to Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer because even though I've never used it, I feel like this is a tinted moisturizer with coverage, which many people have said about Laura Mericier's product. Even though it blends nicely and looks natural this foundation isn't particularly long wearing so I would recommend powdering your face! Now I am curious to try the concealer and blush...:)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2011 3:25:00 PM More reviews by A7XSYNdrome

Fit Me is an amazing foundation! Probably, my favorite to date. I'm only 16 years old and have no acne with the exception of a random zit every so often, needless to say I don't need a lot of coverage. Fit Me is great for just that. The coverage is very minimal, but not too minimal that it's not worth it. And when set with powder, I use Complexion Perfection from ELF, it's flawless!! Must I add that this foundation, unlike a lot of my previous is not messy or cakey or anything. Very fluid. Applies with a brush or just your fingers. Absolutely going to repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/7/2011 12:43:00 PM More reviews by Silbermondlicht0

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have very very pale skin, sometimes even translucent light makes my skin look a bit too tan for the rest of my body so I decided to go with a sort of "custom" color. I also have combination skin, as my skin can get very very dry but it can also get very, very oily. My first reaction to this product before opening the bottle was that it from the exterior, it fit my skin pretty well but of course I wasn't going to go strictly by that so I bought it. Upon trying it my first time I realized that it had a very "mousy" type of feel (if that is even a word). My first try was a great success. Everyone commented on how smooth my skin looked. I have mild hyper pigmentation left from acne scars so I am constantly on the hunt for something that will help cover them up. My second attempt of trying this product was somewhat of a failure and I'm not sure if it was through consumer error or the product. My skin after awhile started feeling greasy, it was shiny and overall gross looking. So I counteracted this with a blotting sheet. I would recommend that you do not put moisturizer on before this, as I believe this is what caused my skin to be so oily. I also broke out along my jaw line in little pimples. I probably won't be buying this product again, even though it made my skin (at first) look perfect.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 3/7/2011 12:24:00 PM More reviews by prettylilgurl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

When i first bought it I was excited to try it out, but it does have its pros and cons.
The good thing that i like about it is that it looks natural on your skin, it doesn't seem like your wearing any foundation for a couple of hours. But the bad thing about it is that by the end of the day it makes your face all oily, and you have to blot the oil away and keep reapplying powder to take the shine away.