April 16, 2014 | 912 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - Fit Me Foundation

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2011 12:29:00 AM More reviews by Christinaann5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Ok, so this foundation works for me and I have realized it's similar to Loreal True Match foundation so if you are a fan of that, you may just like this foundation. I do have to say I like the formula on this one more but color wise, Loreal would win so both have its points. I've used this enough now to give a thorough and honest review.
~~~~~~~~~~ PRICE & AVAILABILITY ~~~~~~~~~~~
Maybelline Fit Me Foundations can be found in most drugstores like CVS, Rite Aid, and Walgreens as well as mass discount stores like Walmart, Target & Kmart. The price will vary as with any d/s products, depending on location, sales, discounts, and coupons. This is generally affordable, priced around $5-6. Its affordable and plus Maybelline puts out coupons for $2 off every once and awhile. I purchase mine at Walmart for $3.97 (with sale and coupon)
~~~ SHADE & FORMULA & PERFORMANCE ~~~~~~
Maybelline Fit Me Foundation comes in a good variety of shades. 18 different shades, made to "fit" your skin. Also, spf 18. I generally find Maybelline foundations to be way to dark or orange/warm for my very pale cool skintone. But fortunately both lightest shades fit me. I first bought Shade 115 Ivory, which i thought was the lightest shade but since have found & purchased the lightest which is Shade # 110 Porcelain. Shade #110 is a great super pale neutral tone. Very pale for those like myself. I lean cool but I can make this work since I mix it with a more cool foundation. Shade number #115 is def more cool or pink undertoned than 110 but both mixed together for me is a great mix. I love mixing both to match me more accurately. If you are very pale & cool, I'd get both if you can and mix. The foundation is thinner in consistency but still thick enough to give more coverage. FIT ME claims to "match natural tone, blend seamlessly, lets skin breathe, and has spf 18. This doesn't settle into fine lines nor does it feel too heavy on the skin. Lightweight but gives good coverage. Does have a natural finish and gives skin a healthy appearance. Not too matte or dewy. Great for those with normal to dry skin. Can work for those with oily skin but may oxidize or fade for you. I find with primer, this last for at least 6-7 hours before i see fading around my t-zone area. I do smell a slight spf smell. Does disappear after placed on skin. This glides on easily, doesn't dry too fast, blends out nicely. I do have drier skin in colder months and I don't have any issues with it settling or caking up. I find this is a great foundation for those with less problematic skin. Does even out skin and covers most redness & blemishes. Those w/ severe scarring or under eye circles will need a little bit of concealer on top! I do like to use this foundation esp on days i need quick fast coverage but don't want to fuss with blending and blending. Great lightweight formula but light to medium coverage. Can build up slightly. If you are looking for heavy or full coverage, this will not be the foundation for you. Does make a great "mixing" foundation meaning its affordable & has decent coverage so I like to mix these with my other foundations that are too dark or warm. Def will and have repurchased. Nice foundation! Many shades to pick from.
~~~~~~~~~~~ PACKAGING ~~~~~~~~~~
Maybelline Fit Me Foundation comes in a nice glass square see through jar. The lid is black and twist on/off. No pump sadly. Wish they would just give us a pump all the time. The hole isn't too big or small. Easy to pour the amount of foundation that you need. The shade number is located on the front bottom and on the back is labeling and ingredients or info. This includes the standard 1 fl. oz which is the typical amount from the drugstore. The shade name and number is located on the back sticker. I really do like this foundation bottle. Glass but still lightweight. May be travel friendly but I'm always afraid with foundations that don't have a pump or lid that they will leak out. I don't have issues with this getting messy like some bottles. Simple yet sleek pretty packaging. I like it just wish it had a pump, its more convenient.
Overall, Fit Me! is a great foundation. Great for everyday use. Gives decent coverage for me. Love that the lightest shades are actually light enough for me. There is a wide range of shades. Its affordable and looks nice on the skin. Can be used all year round. Not one of those foundations that can be worn in winter or summer. I love it and recommend to those with normal to dry skin that want light to medium coverage. I will def repurchase. Shade 110 is light and pale & 115 is a cool and light color. Will buy them both to mix. Great formula! Love this!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2011 6:31:00 PM More reviews by trishkai

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

it's a win. not THEEEE best color match but still...

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2011 6:02:00 PM More reviews by Nikki312

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

Can someone help me;
If I'm NC20 in MAC, what # would I be in this?
Thanks!(:

rated 2 of 5 on 2/25/2011 4:06:00 PM More reviews by sarahholman

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I was so excited to finally find a perfect shade match to my yellow based skin tone. To my dismay...two hours later my face resembled an oil slick. Even with my pressed powder over top. Back to my true match! Sigh..

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2011 3:41:00 AM More reviews by goldenxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It's truly amazing. Lightweight and dewy blends flawlessly.
I have been using Chanel Teint Innocence Cream to Powder Compact in 40 Beige for a year now which is great except for the price
& quantity.. I decided to give this a try because of the reviews I purchased it
at walgreens for about $9 in 220. I put it on and it literally melts into
your skin. I have redness so the yellow tones in this are perfect I apply 2 coats with my fingers it covers and gives me the perfect glow..If you want light to med coverage
with a dewy finish then beauty this is for YOU ! & the lady at walgreens mentioned if i don't like it can be exchanged or returned with your receipt so why not give it a try! Chanel compact I think you've been replaced..

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2011 8:20:00 PM More reviews by celias90

This foundation is amazing. I enjoy using this foundation a lot. The coverage is light to medium. Doesn't look cakey at all. It also blends like a breeze. I have been using this everyday since I bought it and that was around 2 weeks. I bought the shade 210 and it's a bit dark for me but I apply it lighty and its fine. Currently I'm between a NC25-NC30. I also bought the concealer and powder and I love all of it. I just wished that the foundation could last a bit longer, but I get about 6 hours of wear with it. Ovrrall great product.
And one last thing, a pump would be great!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2011 2:11:00 PM More reviews by hockeewmn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

If you're looking for a heavier coverage foundation, don't purchase the FIT Me. I was under the impression that this was a heavier coverage foundation, so I had no problem paying the surprisingly inexpensive price (abut $6.50) to try this. I can't seem to find a foundation that suits me, so I try many, many different brands/shades. I had heard great things about this, but none of the reviews I had read prior to purchasing this gave me any indication that the coverage was so light. Okay, maybe not terribly light, but more light to medium. The smell was pleasant and the consistency was nice, but the coverage just didn't do much for me. I even tried to build it up, but it never seemed to get past medium coverage for me. The packaging is nice. I liked the glass bottle, smooth lines and black lid, but I really with it had a pump. Overall, this is a great light to medium coverage foundation, but if you need something heavier, like me, you should look elsewhere. I said I would buy this again, but that is with the intention of a lighter coverage.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/22/2011 9:08:00 PM More reviews by raniceabrown

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was sooooooo disappointed with this product! The commercial had me so amped so i RAN out and got it thinking it would be a great foundation to have around for days I needed minimal coverage and didnt wanna break out my best foundation. I put ot on around 7 a.m with my all over matte primer by Murad and by 10 am my face was all over the floor! Not even the best primers kept this product on my face! I have used other Maybelline foundations but this was the worst. Pros are that it blends really seamlessly but the staying power is not strong at all! NEXT!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2011 6:05:00 PM More reviews by BelleNoir73

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I normally wear MAC foundation in NC-45, but sometimes it can get a little expensive. I was curious about this foundaation after seeing the print and tv ads and when I saw it at Walmart for less than $7, I was more than happy to try it. Now oftentimes as an African-American woman it is hard to find a foundation that doesn't give me an "ashy" or grey look to my skin. When I tried the Fit Me in 355 not only did it not leave a grey tint but it blended perfectly with my skin. The coverage is light however and I am not a big fan of liquid, but I like it and would definitely buy it again!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2011 4:42:00 PM More reviews by dainaleeo2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this foundation! I got it a few weeks ago, but I didn't want to review until I had tried it a few times. It's super soft when you apply it, very silky. Someone else on here reviewed it as being 'goof proof' when applying, & I agree. I accidentally put on WAY too much on my fingers, but I rubbed it on & you could not tell whatsoever that I had erm...caked it a bit that morning. I think this is the best I've had in terms of that, since even a few tinted moisturizers still left me cakey or dry :This stuff is great! My skin is dry, but not as much as some. I guess it's more combo than anything. Even with that it lasted really well. I actually wore it to the park, walking my dog with my friend, & I still looked great afterward. :)
As with a few Maybelline foundations, such as the dream mousse [the soft one, not the matte one], it left a bit slick feeling [which can be set with powder] but I think that it actually does break me out a small bit. Not huge pimples, just a few small bumps, the more annoying ones, but they aren't that bad nor really visible at all. I did take off a lippie for that, since I think it's all the silicones, but regardless I still really like this stuff :)