September 19, 2014 | 1232 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2010 8:13:00 PM More reviews by pineappleaftermath

This is a great eyeliner - very impressive for a drug store brand. It's very similar to MAC fluidline, but I think MAC's is slightly better... I find the Maybelline liner isn't quite as rich in pigment and it doesn't apply as smoothly - I have to layer it to get a nice solid line, whereas with MAC one swipe is enough. On the other hand, Maybelline is cheaper than MAC and comes with a great little brush, perfect for fine lines and cat eyes. Both last all day (even with oily skin) and require some serious make-up remover to get off. I said I would buy this again because I think it's a great product, but I really prefer fluidline.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2010 12:06:00 AM More reviews by briii

this is like the cheaper version of macs fluideline and i love it. therye both very comparable but i think maybelline did a better job than mac. i love fluideline but after trying this i think i like it better. to me it lasts longer and is a little darker. this is a great gel eyeliner and i'd definately reccomend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2010 9:39:00 PM More reviews by pinay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have both black and brown of these. It's amazing! The best gel eyeliner I have. It makes me not want to try Fluidline and BB gel liners anymore. Why would I wanna buy something expensive when this one already does the job?

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2010 9:36:00 PM More reviews by cherokee_gurl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Coarse Eyes: Black

Overall, I like this liner (although I like the one from WnW better). It's not entirely bad, but it's not the best. It goes on smooth (at least for me) and it's easy to manipulate. I love the creamy texture and the color payoff. It seems to work well for me, and I only give it 4 lippies b/c there are other gel/creme liners out there IMO.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/9/2010 9:17:00 PM More reviews by chaovivi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I was deciding to finally start using a creme eyeliner and couldn't choose between this or the famous MAC fluidline.
I decided to get this b/c of the great reviews and its cheaper =].
i really like this liner, it has good staying power and doesn't smudge.
and the brush that comes with it, isn't so bad! usually when product comes with brushes the brushes suck. but this brush had a fine tip and was very good at drawing a fine line.
overall, i'm glad i chose this over MAC.

EDIT: 4/13/10
There's one thing that i do not like about this gel liner-it doesn't have staying power. The formula is on the wet side and doesn't dry as quickly. after i line my eyes i go in and curl my lashes but the liner always smudges after i curl my lashes.
=/ i might have to go buy MACs fluidline after all.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2010 4:03:00 PM More reviews by judysmath

I bought this in eggplant. Like many of the other reviewers, I found that this didn't have much color payoff, but I find that if I retrace the line a couple of times, I get good color. The eggplant color is perfect for my brown eyes. I have teary eyes and oily lids and this liner stayed on all day without traveling. The best part of this liner is the great brush that comes with it. I've been using it with my Bobbi Brown gel liners. All in all, I'm impressed with this product, but gave it one lippie off due to the weak color.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/8/2010 12:35:00 AM More reviews by littlevee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I loved this product, it was the first gel eyeliner I've used and I thought I'd give it a try. A lot of other eyeliners pencil/ liquid that I have used in the past faded away or smudged easily on my eyelids. It smudges if you keep touching it, but if you don't, you'll be fine for the entire day .

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2010 3:04:00 PM More reviews by jungleberry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Very nice. I've been waiting for this to come out onto shelves in Canada for long enough! It was definitely worth the wait though. My first impression of the product was that the brush is a little too stiff and not so great at picking up the product but it did suffice. Both the BB and MAC formulas are thinner and softer and more pigmented than this, but this is still VERY pigmented as it is a deep, pure, rich black. It's also very use to use and layer-able. I got this for 10.99CAD + tax at SDM.
I'd also like to say that this does not smudge and goes on smooth as well. It is a little hard to pick up product at first because it's a harder formula so just get your brush in there, no need to be dainty.
Overall, this is a great product for a student like me on a budget and I will definitely repurchase this.
Edit: After wearing this for a few days and comparing this to my L'oreal felt tip and liquid eyeliners, I notice that it does smudge way more than my L'oreal ones and MAC and Bobbi Brown gels. However, the colour is INTENSE and it's easy to draw the line I want...so pros and cons for each.
I've been reaching for my liquid and felt tip liners more and more and neglecting this. It makes sense, I just don't want to go about my day worrying if this will smudge on me...and this smudges, a lot.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2010 3:52:00 AM More reviews by carlan80

Love this product! Definitely a good dupe for Mac fluidline.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2010 9:29:00 PM More reviews by sweety80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am not a huge fan of liquid eyeliner cuz its kinda hard to apply and it looks harsh on me :( so i thought to purchase this.
I Do not like this gel/cream eyeliner.bought it in black..color is not as dark as i thought it would be,I liked the brush that came with it.. the eyeliner stayed on my eyes without smudging..thats a good thing about it. I just like very very dark eyeliners and this one is not for me. i will keep using it until it finishes cuz it was expensive for a drugstore eyeliner. there are better eyeliners out there. if you are looking for a dark gel/cream eyeliner i would suggest wet n wild gel eyeliner color is awesome very very dark black. i wish only this eyeliner would have worked out for me it really irritates my eyes so i had to look for another. I guess i gotta keep looking for my HG eyeliner :D
:( will NOT purchase maybelline gel eyeliner again!!..