Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

3.9

cyclopentasiloxane, propylsilsesquioxane, ceresin, isodecane, cyclohexasiloxane, caprylyl methicone, synthetic fluorphlogopite, silica silyate, disteardimonium hectorite, disodium stearoyl glutamate, propylene carbonate, candelilla wax, caprylyl glycol, aluminum hydroxide, calcium sodium borosilicate, calcium aluminum borosilicate, silica, tin oxide. [ ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499/iron oxides, mica, ci 77491/titanium dioxide, ci 77007/ultramarines, ci 77510/ferric ferrocyanide, ci 77288/chromium oxide greens, ci 77289/chromium hydroxide green, ci 77742/manganese violet, ci 42090/blue 1 lake, ci 19140/yellow 5 lake, ci 77510/ferric ammonium ferrocyanide]

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I like this eyeliner.. Its very easy and smooth to apply.. I was very surprise with this product. I will buy it 1000 times :)

on 4/16/2010 1:33:00 AM

I received all four of these in a WOM promotion and I'm absolutely WOWED by these. Amazing staying power, colour is more subtle than bold.

on 4/15/2010 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

I purchased this per reviews and.....I love it, brush is perfect the packaging is perfect and it stays on! and you cant beat the price.

on 4/15/2010 8:06:00 PM

I was quite disappointed with this. The color payoff wasn't as rich as I was expecting and if I tried to go over the line again the liner just seemed to smudge around a little. The texture was a bit dry and hard, and, as others have said, is a little like a pencil melted into a pot. Lasting power on the waterline was upsetting as it was gone after a couple hours :(

Buttttttt I do like the brush a lot! It's super soft and tiny, allowing you to draw as thick or thin of a line you want. Personally I think it is worth purchasing for just the brush since I can use it with better gel liners.

on 4/14/2010 11:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

So I was pretty thrilled when I saw Maybelline had come out with a gel liner. I love their mascara so i figured any eye product MUST be great.

I bought the brown color since I would wear it during the day and black eyeliner give me a street walker look. Well, upon opening the small container I was expecting the "gelly" look they advertise on EVERY single picture. Sad to say it was far from what i expected. The actual texture of the item could be described as a pencil melted into a tin. It was not gel like at all. It was smooth to take out with the brush. When i applied it, it wasnt as rich of a color. the color appeared faded adn not as rich as my pencil. I use their UNSTOPPABLE eyeliner in espresso, which works pretty decent. The brush was ok. It does give a thin line but i felt i had to dip it twice in the product to finish my line because of the fact that the color was not as rich.

I guess i will be sticking to my pencil for now.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm sad about this product. I have it in eggplant. When I first purchased it I loved it. It was an awesome colour purple for my blue eyes and went on perfectly...comparable to a fluidline! But I tried it a few times after and I find if I go over the line again once its drawn it sort of rubs off and I had a hard time trying to put the product back on where it smudged off. Its like you only have one try to get this stuff on your eye or its no sense is wasting time trying to fix it.

I did find it lasted all day long, and I absolutely LOVE the brush that comes with it. Its perfect for gel liner and I often use it with my fluidline (the smudging off thing doesn't happen with my fluidline and this brush in case anyone is wondering). I really do love the colour and I will wear it until the pot id gone, but I can't see myself repurchasing. If I get another purple gel liner it will probably be from MAC.

on 4/14/2010 3:37:00 PM

Here is a tip when using this product, you need to wet the tip just a little and that will able you to get the gel on and it will be a smooth glid on. I got the charcol and think it does much better than some of the other gel liners I have had in the past. it is not perfect, but if you know of a liner that is, please let me know, lol

on 4/14/2010 3:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Too good to be true.
I have been using this for the last 5 days. I'm not impressed. Ususally I layer my eyeliner, pencil and then liquid. I wear my eyeliner on top and in the bottom waterline. This is easier to get in the waterline than a dry pencil (I melt my pencil a little) but it doesn't last any longer than my normal routine and it says it's supposed to last 24 hrs and be smudgeproof.

It smudges and it doesn't last more than 4 hrs in my waterline, maybe less.

on 4/13/2010 5:10:00 PM

This gel eyeliner is not as good as my Bobbi Brown. The product is dry compared to BB and the color payoff is not enough for me. I love the price and I bought it in eggplant so I think it was good to not spend alot on a color I won't wear as much as black.

on 4/12/2010 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I recently ran out of my MAC fluidline, so i decided I would try this gel liner as a cheaper alternative. Upon application, it did well. It glided on, and was nicely pigmented. Although I found that i had to build the color by going over the same line twice, but that may be because i purchased the color "charcoal'... more of a grey/black. The brush that came with the liner was impressive, as it gave me a smooth line and was able to create a sharp wing easily. Overall, this product makes a good dupe for MAC's fluidline. Much cheaper, and almost the same quality.

Video Reviews & Tutorials