Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

3.9

cyclopentasiloxane, propylsilsesquioxane, ceresin, isodecane, cyclohexasiloxane, caprylyl methicone, synthetic fluorphlogopite, silica silyate, disteardimonium hectorite, disodium stearoyl glutamate, propylene carbonate, candelilla wax, caprylyl glycol, aluminum hydroxide, calcium sodium borosilicate, calcium aluminum borosilicate, silica, tin oxide. [ ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499/iron oxides, mica, ci 77491/titanium dioxide, ci 77007/ultramarines, ci 77510/ferric ferrocyanide, ci 77288/chromium oxide greens, ci 77289/chromium hydroxide green, ci 77742/manganese violet, ci 42090/blue 1 lake, ci 19140/yellow 5 lake, ci 77510/ferric ammonium ferrocyanide]

on 4/14/2010 3:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Too good to be true.
I have been using this for the last 5 days. I'm not impressed. Ususally I layer my eyeliner, pencil and then liquid. I wear my eyeliner on top and in the bottom waterline. This is easier to get in the waterline than a dry pencil (I melt my pencil a little) but it doesn't last any longer than my normal routine and it says it's supposed to last 24 hrs and be smudgeproof.

It smudges and it doesn't last more than 4 hrs in my waterline, maybe less.

on 4/13/2010 5:10:00 PM

This gel eyeliner is not as good as my Bobbi Brown. The product is dry compared to BB and the color payoff is not enough for me. I love the price and I bought it in eggplant so I think it was good to not spend alot on a color I won't wear as much as black.

on 4/12/2010 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I recently ran out of my MAC fluidline, so i decided I would try this gel liner as a cheaper alternative. Upon application, it did well. It glided on, and was nicely pigmented. Although I found that i had to build the color by going over the same line twice, but that may be because i purchased the color "charcoal'... more of a grey/black. The brush that came with the liner was impressive, as it gave me a smooth line and was able to create a sharp wing easily. Overall, this product makes a good dupe for MAC's fluidline. Much cheaper, and almost the same quality.

on 4/12/2010 10:11:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

If there's one thing I can't stand, it's pencil eyeliner.
This "gel" eyeliner is not a gel at all, it's like a pot of pencil eyeliner that you're applying with a brush. It's like a weird wax. I'm soooo disappointed.

(The reason I bought this is because liquids dry out on me, so I figured this would last longer but doesn't work for me).

I do see a lot of good reviews on it, so obviously it's not a bad product - i just feel it's very misleading as there is nothing gel-like about it. Hope this was helpful!

on 4/11/2010 7:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

bobbi brown's gel eyeliner is my everyday liner and i've got mac's fluidline for backup. i haven't found too many drugstore products that i thought were exceptional, so i was skeptical about this product. i have oily skin and even oilier lids. i'm asian so my eyelids fold under so almost everything creases or i end up with raccoon eyes. so my expectations were low.

the first time i tried this liner, i was annoyed bc i was having a hard time getting the product on my brush. then when i applied it, it was a lot less pigmented than i was expecting. had to go over it a few times, was annoyed with how sheer it was, but i left it on to see if it would at least last...and surprisingly it did. so i kept wearing it and realized that you have to get through the top layer. once past it, the product is much easier to pick up on the brush. the color payoff still isn't like bb or mac, but better than my first time around. i use it with udpp and the liner lasted me a good 12 hours with no fading/creasing. i don't use the brush it came with so i can't speak about that. and you should also keep in mind if you're wanting to compare this with l'oreal's hip cream liner...gel and cream liners are different formulas meant for different types of skin...if you have oily skin, cream formulas are probably not the best way to go.

for a drugstore brand, it is still a bit pricey...even if you get it on bogo, it's not a good idea to have a lot of gel eyeliners around cuz they do dry out and you'll end up wasting a lot. it did impress me more than i was expecting...i have this in the eggplant (odd...bc maybelline's website calls it plum) and the brown. the purple is pretty muted and not as bold as i thought it would be, which is fine, bc it is totally wearable everyday. maybelline is a good backup to have. if the black is as black as bb or mac, i may fully convert, but i won't be trying that out until i'm out of my original stock.

on 4/11/2010 3:52:00 AM

I have to disagree with everyone on this. I bought it becuz of all the good reviews (in Eggplant), but i dunno it just didnt apply smoothly, it kinda balled up on me and was dry and hard to work with. For around $10 i expeted better. Id rather just spend $20 on some fluidline. Returned it immediately :(

on 4/11/2010 12:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was looking for a gel liner by wetnwild and the walmart didn't have any of there products.I got the maybelline gel liner instead and it was only 5 or 6 bucks on sale.This is my first gel liner and I love it! I don't wear eyeliner that much especially black but now I will. the brush it came with is good with a steady hand the eyeliner goes on perfect. I will so be buying this again in the future.

on 4/9/2010 5:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I bought this not only to try the gel liner but for the brush as well. This liner/brush combo was $6.49 at Wal-Mart. The brush allows for a thin or thick line. The liner goes on smooth and is long-lasting, but I found that I prefer the texture of cream liners over gel.

on 4/9/2010 1:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This is my first gel eyeliner. I bought it in the color "blackest black" first because it was 40% off (good deal). I was really impressed. It was very pigmented, and stayed put all day even on my oily lids (no primer). It has amazing staying power on the waterline; however, it makes me eyes feel dry for a few minutes after applying it to my waterline. I was so happy with my purchase that I went back to get the color "eggplant." I am in love with this color. For anyone who is looking for a very pigmented purple color, this is not the color for you. However, if you like subtlety, this mauve-ish color looks amazing with brown eyes. It's my new brown. I love using the black color on my upper waterline and the eggplant color on my lower waterline. I've been wearing the eggplant color almost every day now, and it really makes my brown eyes pop. It also makes my lashes look fuller when applied to my lash line. Soap and water removes it easily when on my lash line; however, I need to use my makeup remover to remove it from my waterline.

Also, I personally like the eyeliner brush it comes with. I haven't had any problems applying the eyeliner with this brush to my waterline or lash line. It's not too stiff and I can vary the weight of the line. If this eyeliner came in other fun colors I would buy them as well. This tops any eyeliner that I currently have (pencil and liquid).

on 4/9/2010 12:21:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

So I am a gel liner freak. This is very impressive to me..Firstly i bought the black. It's super pigmented and goes on so smoothly and creamy. It stays put very well!

Video Reviews & Tutorials