April 18, 2014 | 1805 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

rated 1 of 5 on 2/1/2010 1:37:00 AM More reviews by nova

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

had high hopes for this, from hearing others who liked this. I bought the blackest black, which wasn't as pigmented as it sounds, you would need to build on the color. It is a soft gel-like liner allowing for a very smooth, easy application. Because of this, it shouldn't dry out as easy as some of the other gel liners out on the market.

Since it is soft in texture, it allows me time to work with it more, before it dries, however, the softness of it, also means that it will transfer or move, if you have oily lids (I don't use eye primers), and/or under heat ...it is definitely not 24 hrs of wear as advertised.

I noticed some transfer (movement) fading about 5 hr after application and even more so after 8-10 hrs, but I have very oily lids and the heat was on. Also, I use this only on my upper lid, no where else.

So, the pros would be:
1)easy to apply because it is soft/smooth;
2)waterproof
3) won't dry up as fast as most gel liners
4) decent brush, flat tapered head, made to draw a wider line than I would like but can use the tip to draw a finer line

Cons:
1)color is diffused and needs to be build upon to achieve impact
2) it doesn't wear as long as it says, just too soft of a product, esp if you have oily lids, in a heated room, or under any condition that will soften the gel.

Overall, I prefer the WetNWild black gel liner over this because it is more long-wearing and draws a pitch black line without having to build on color. It is also so much cheaper than the maybelline one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2010 12:27:00 PM More reviews by Vittoriak

I bought the blackest black last summer and I was kind of skeptical about the product because I was so convinced that only Bobbi Brown makes the best gel eyeliner. At first, it was kind of average. It did not smudge horribly but it transferred slightly to my upper lid.

BUT THEN, I rediscovered it after putting it aside for a couple of months and it turned out to be a great liner! I think it's because I finally get the hang of it and it just lasts on perfectly for at least 12 hours. I have not tried it on my waterline yet but I think I will try. The brush that comes with it is very nice as well. Another great drugstore product.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2010 8:02:00 PM More reviews by xCM0SSx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This gel eyeliner is the best eyeliner I have tried! The color is so strong. It doesn't smudge at all! It comes with a very handy brush. I am in love w/ this product & WILL repurchase again. I forgot to add, you can use this for your waterliner & it won't make you look like a Panda! =)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2010 5:08:00 PM More reviews by halfpastsunday

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the first gel liner that I have ever purchased and used, so I can't compare it to higher end products. However, I got it in 'blackest black' and after using it for the past few days, I am now wondering how I ever lived without gel liners?! This is simply amazing. The formula is very creamy and glides on smoothly. I no longer have to tug on my lids like I did with pencil liners, which means no wrinkles! The color is pretty intense, but can be built up more or less to your liking. The liner also stays put for hours (I was scared that it wouldn't), but I tested it out at work and when I checked up on it at the end of the night, it still looked good. I bought this for around $8-9 at Target and it also came with a fairly decent brush. Overall, this product is wonderful. Will purchase again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2010 3:09:00 AM More reviews by GuerlainAds

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I have tried BB, Smashbox, WnW, Jane, HIP, Physian's Formula so far and the first two gave me racoon eyes. This is a good gel liner but not HG for me. I got 2 colors: Charcoal and Eggplant.

First of all, the charcoal was very blueish. Did not look charcoal to me. I compared it to a blue metallic eyeliner and it's not quite blue but it's definitely blueish.

Second, the eggplant is misnamed. I compared it to Jane's gel liner in Wine and it looked pretty close. Jane's Wine is a metallic brownish WINE color. The Maybelline is smoother and more pigmented than the Jane which has a very dry consistancy (see the reviews here) but the Jane liner is only $6 compared to $10 for Maybelline.

Third, my jar looks nothing like the pics above. It's a clear jar with a black lid. Nice jar and the liner brush it comes with is useable.

Fourth, the gel is not as pigmented as it could be. Has to be swiped more than once to get the right amount.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2010 9:24:00 PM More reviews by k1zuna

Just so you know, this product was released earlier in Japan last year and it has been the best selling eyeliner since then. This gel liner is simply amazing: it stays put for 8+ hours, not a scary intense black color, and the accompanying brush is great also.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/26/2010 10:27:00 PM More reviews by dkim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Not great stuff. Comes with a good liner brushm, but expensive for drugstore brand, and it smudges after 2 hours from my top lids to my lower lids and fades through the day. The black is very black at first, but not long lasting. Oh, well back to the drawing board.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/24/2010 6:46:00 AM More reviews by cjadea

it's my fluidline substitute and it's 1/3 the price. color is not as intense....got it at longs drugs for $5. awesome brush. good deal!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2010 3:16:00 AM More reviews by MarciaChia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have two Bobbi Brown gel liners, and honestly I've never understood the advantages of the gel liner until I bought this Maybelline product.

I have very oily eyelids, even with UDPP, almost no pencil liners(including UD 24/7) can stay put for me, so I normally prefer liquid liners. I am now a huge gel liner fan because of Maybelline eyestudio gel liner. The consistancy is perfect, it's more of a thicker paste-like gel than the BB's cream-like gel. It's much easier to use with any liner brush, and it's much more pigmented and much more smudge-proof than any other gel liner I've tried. I normally end up with liner transfer to my upper lids at the later part of the day with my BB gel liner, but not the Maybelline one.

I wear contacts and I can use this to do tight lining without any irritaion. Overall, this is how an eyeliner product should be, it does not irritate eyes, it's easy to use, it's very pigmented, it's water-proof, it's smudge-proof, it stays where you want it to be until you want to take it off easily with any makeup remover. (I use cleansing oil without any special eye makeup remover product.)

The packaging is great, the brush came with it I can live without, the product is more than perfect, and the price is good. I will definitely buy it more !

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2010 6:29:00 PM More reviews by ile

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this product! Bought them at the Walgreens Maybelline Event (one was 50% and the second was 40% off!, so I got both for less than $10!!!) I have very oily eyelids and usually liquid or cream eyeliners fade or smudge all over them, but not this!!! This dries really fast and has an amazing color payoff. I used on top of elf $1.00 primer and both work awesome together. LOVE LOVE LOVE these and will buy them again! A++++++