December 20, 2014 | 1491 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2010 11:31:00 AM More reviews by makeupdivajunkie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I have tried gel liners from big players such as Smashbox and Bobbi Brown. I have tried countless other eyeliners and nothing compares to this product. Application is smooth and not clumpy. It doesn't dry out like the other brands. Maybelline hit it out of the ball park with this product. Affordable and with an even better formula than all other liners I have tried...I will never stop buying this one! You must try it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2010 5:18:00 PM More reviews by Femiluv

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Doesn't smude, lasts all day, easy to apply, affordable - I love this eyeliner!!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2010 11:30:00 PM More reviews by IdetteB

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this in brown because I have been looking for a gel liner that is similar to the wet n wild one I use all the time. This is way to creamy for me and just not dark enough- I can still see my skin through the liner. WnW is the best drugstore gel liner hands down but they don't have a variety of shades. I was hoping this would be what I had been hoping for but its not and I never use it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2010 11:20:00 PM More reviews by dbmiller

I adore this product also! That seems to be the trend here. This is the first gel/creme eyeliner I've ever tried. It was a very small learning curve to figure out how to use it. I will say that this is actually easier to use than a liquid, pencil, powder or pen. I originally started with a pencil, which can be tough to get a bold line. Powders have fallout. A pen always looks like you literally used a magic marker. And a liquid can be hard to control and get out of control really quickly. This is perfect. A bold, perfectly controlled line. This also miraculously enables me to achieve a cat eye a lot easier too. The brush that comes with this is perfect also, but requires cleaning about every two applications, which can be sort of inconvenient. This doesn't smudge, run, flake, or do anything silly. Love!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2010 6:23:00 PM More reviews by sugarbrokespice

I have this eyeliner in Eggplant and Blackest Black.
I got the Eggplant first, because everywhere I went was sold out of Black. I really wasn't all that impressed with the Eggplant. It's not opaque enough for me, and I feel like I have to keep going over the line to get it to the intensity level that I want.
At first I thought that I was having trouble applying it because I'm not very experienced with gel eyeliners (my only previous gel experience was with L'Oreal's HIP, which I didn't really like). But when I finally got my hands on this eyeliner in Black, the experience was much different.
The Black is waaay better than the Eggplant. Black is much easier to work with, and I get a bold, dark line in just one swipe. I didn't need to keep retracing the line with the Black one like I did with Eggplant.
And I love the brush that it comes with! The brush that L'Oreal's HIP came with was absolutely horrid. I think that may have been a large reason why I didn't like HIP to begin with. I was expecting the same poor quality from the Maybelline brush, but was pleasantly surprised. The brush makes applying this eyeliner super easy. And depending on how I hold it, I can get either a thin line or a thicker, more dramatic one.
The staying power on this liner is pretty good. I find that it really does stay on all day as promised on the package, and I never have to reapply. However, it does smudge a bit and sometimes leaves a darkish smudge in the crease of my eyelid. I took one lippie off due to that.
Overall, this is a great drug store gel liner. Glad that I held out for the Black before I formed my final opinion!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2010 4:38:00 PM More reviews by hbeeteevee

I love this liner, especially because of the price. It's just like M.A.C. fluidline in blacktrack but much cheaper. Works very well if you know how to use liquid liner. Comes with a perfect little liner brush, I wore this as a classic dark line with mac paintpot in fresco rose as a base, mac shroom all the way up to my lids. Finished my face off with Smashbox blush in candid (love this so much) this black gel liner gives the perfect classic makeup. So fresh and beautiful!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2010 1:41:00 PM More reviews by morganito

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This has been my first experience with a gel liner, so I don't really have anything to compare it too, but here we go. I had been wanting to try this for some time, I like the idea of a gel liner but didn't want to shell out the money for a HE brand and not like it. I heard some bad reviews on the L'Oreal HIP liner so when I saw this I had to try it. I am still new at the application of this, it is easy enough though. The brush is nice, and the color is nice and black ( I bought it in black). The packaging is nice, a little glass jar. The price was a bit steep for a drugstore brand (around 10 dollars at my local rite aid), but cheaper than most HE gel liners. It has good staying power. it does smudge a bit when I do a cat eye, but nothing terrible. Overall I liked this, and will probably re purchase when I run out.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2010 2:37:00 AM More reviews by lizw217

I purchased this in Charcoal thinking it was going to be black. Wrong it's blue, but decided to give it a try anyway. I wanted to test the staying power if it would streak, fade away or simply dissapear. Much to my suprise it stayed on and looked very nice. The applicator is not bad either. I would purchase this again in black, might rival the BB gel eyeliner???

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2010 2:50:00 PM More reviews by clairebear12

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this product for really cheap ($5.69 at Target) because I had a two dollar off coupon and it was on sale ten percent off. I got in brown. I like it a lot, it's really nice. The wearing power is great. I must say that I can't make a thin line it's always really thick, I think it's because I just got it and I am not used to it yet, and this is first time I bought gel eyeliner. Also the brown color is really dark, so it's more like dark brown. I definately want to get more though, like the purple :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2010 9:07:00 PM More reviews by peggy1234

I'm giving this a five because the brush that comes with is wonderful. The product is great and the brush makes it super easy to apply. Usually the brushes that come with DSMU are worthless but not this one. Excellent for a drug store product!