April 19, 2014 | 1052 users online

Eye Primer - Too Faced - Shadow Insurance, Anti-Crease Eye Shadow Primer

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2009 9:34:00 AM More reviews by Tigerloo

I adore this product. As a faithful Urban Decay Primer Potion user, I noticed that my supply was running low. What to do? I happened to be shopping at the Bay and noticed that they carried Too Faced products. I picked up a tube of Shadow Insurance and am very happy that I did. Despite the cost of 27CDN with tax, it has been a wise investment. I love the tube format and I use so little on application. I give it a little shake to prevent seperation and apply. This product is magic and allows me to wear my myriad of shadows and liners. It is definitely on the level with UDPP. Lasting power is fantastic. Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2009 2:17:00 AM More reviews by ANSTAH

LOVE this stuff. I never used to use primer for my lids, and now I'm hooked. The plastic squeeze tube applicator is so easy to use, and it applies really smoothly. I don't want to sound like a broken record,so I'll just second everyone's positive reviews. =]

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2009 2:05:00 AM More reviews by jennanika

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Everyone should own this. Just a little bit of primer goes a long way. Once you get low you can snip the tube and get every last bit of product so nothing goes to waste.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2009 7:47:00 PM More reviews by pocky

Shadow Insurance is FABULOUS!!! However, in my case it has to share the HG shadow primer title with UDPP. I tried Shadow Insurance during the summer and was not impressed so I stashed it away and went back to Primer Potion. I LOVE Primer Potion and have a couple extra tubes stashed away, but my skin is getting drier now not just because I'm officially getting old but also because my skin is always drier in cold weather so I finally had to get off the Potion since it was making my lids too dry and tight. I've been using Shadow Insurance and only Shadow Insurance for the last 3 months and I LOVE it! It's not nearly as thick as PP so applies easier and is not nearly as drying yet my eye makeup doesn't budge all day. If I were forced to choose between the two, I'd be more inclined to go with Shadow Insurance since it also has great packaging--soft plastic squeeze tube with a tiny applicator tip that offers great control over the amount of product dispensed--and I suspect that my lids will become too dry and delicate for PP very soon. I loved Shadow Insurance so much, I gave a friend a tube because I was so confident she'd love it but her review was lukewarm and now I really want to ask her to give it back to me because she doesn't deserve it if she can't love it properly. You know you've found a great product when you're willing to become an Indian Giver over it. Get yourself a tube today!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2008 9:11:00 PM More reviews by Krylyn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've tried UDPP and it didn't work alone. I've tried Fyrrinae's Rice Powder primer, and that didn't work period. I tried MAC's Paints, Paintpots and Shadesticks, those don't work alone. And, I've tried TFSI and it doesn't work alone (but I love the squeeze tube!). This has worked for so many others - yet, it doesn't work alone for me. If I combine it with two of MAC's products my shadows sort of stay crease-free, but if you have lids that tend to be oily, I'd suggest trying something else.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2008 6:55:00 AM More reviews by Aneesa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Most people who have reviewed this product rave about it - and I agree. It is, together with UDPP, the best primer to use, and as others have pointed out, easier and more effiecient to use than UDPP. I bought my tube in April (2008) and I still have about a third left. And I use this religiously, everyday. I have also found the putting a thin layer on the lips before applying liptick makes most lipsticks budge-proof for a good few hours. So yet another reason why I'm never without.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2008 4:46:00 AM More reviews by roffles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

WOWOWOWOW. I haven't written a review in forever but this product is just so faaaabulous that it warrants some praise. After reading reviews on lid primers, I narrowed my choices down to TFSI and UDPP...and decided to try this one because I prefer the packaging over Urban Decay's.
My eyelids are really oily and shadows will crease on me after an hour or so, but with Shadow Insurance, my eye makeup stays on without creasing for the entire day. When I say the entire day, I mean around 20 hours (this is not an everyday occurrence, of course, because I DO sleep...sometimes). All I need is the lightest squeeze on the tube to get enough product to cover my eye and once it's been applied, the makeup I put on doesn't budge, doesn't crease, and doesn't fade. It also makes the colors of my shadows look more vivid. I'm not sure why I waited until now to use primer, but I'm glad I found my staple eyelid primer on my first try. Thanks, girls!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2008 12:50:00 AM More reviews by MangoGreenTea

Love, love, LOVE this stuff. A little dab of it and my eyeshadow stays on for hours without any touch-ups. It intensifies even your crappiest eyeshadows so they actually look good...haha. And yes, it makes your eyeshadow very blendable. I haven't tried Urban Decay Primer Potion like most have, so I can't compare. This stuff is pretty amazing though. Be sure to powder your lids before you apply.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2008 11:40:00 AM More reviews by canesfan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Doesn't work at all to prevent eye liner creep or eye shadow creases from forming. Only a hour or two after applying, creases very apparent.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2008 4:28:00 PM More reviews by zazzle86

OMG seriously how did I managed to wear eyeshadow without this! I always thought primer was such a gimmick and that it wouldnt make any difference! I just used concealor on my eyes instead and my eyeshadow stayed for a long time. However, one day I saw it and thought Id give it a try and wow it really is something! My eyeshadows transformed! Not only does it make the colours much more vibrant and true ( you know when u see a colour in its pan and u put it on and it looks so much duller! this prevents that) I noticed my eyeshadow lasts all day no joke even at eleven or ten at night there still there! I never really had much problems before with creasing but after been out at a club or been in University till late Id noticed some creasing this prevents it! I can actually come home and not be scared of what my eyeshadow looks like!great product I highly recommended to people who are iffy about it!never again will I go without it!