December 19, 2014 | 616 users online

Eye Primer - Too Faced - Shadow Insurance

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2009 1:01:00 AM More reviews by colleenh86

For me, this works perfectly. Never creases, makes eyeshadows look maaahvelous; I've even slept in it, and my shadow looked great when I woke up. Also, I had found UDPP to be a tad drying, but I don't get that with this product (I don't have dry lids). I like that the ingredients are a wee bit safer (no parabens, if that's important to you). Will continue to buy.
Ingredients: Isododecane,Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Glyceryl Triethylhexanoate, Polyethylene, Trihydroxystearin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Isopropyl Lanolate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Propylene Carbonate, Dimethicone, PEG-40 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopherol. (+/-): Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499). Net Weight: 11 g/ 0.35 Oz Country of Origin: USA

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2009 3:01:00 AM More reviews by JaneWayne

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Shut the front door. Something besides UDPP kept my eyeshadow on longer than 30 mins? I, like many of you, had just about given up hope of keeping shadow on before I met UDPP. That's another review. I can't decide if I am 100% in love because I feel like while my e/s stays on, it fades a bit. As long as it's not completely gone save for a thin stripe of oily color, I'm content. The REAL test will be in the summer.

Update 2010: I forgot to update my review! I have to come back and give TFSI a big fat FAIL, because my shadow ended up creasing. I can laugh about it now, because in all my years of struggling to have my eye makeup stay on, I have NEVER had it disappear in a perfect circle on each lid. Very Pirates Of The Caribbean. I will never stray from UDPP again.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/11/2009 6:16:00 PM More reviews by Jeanxi

I would like to start off with a disclaimer: I have not purchased this product. However, I have had the chance to try the tester and Sephora and have concluded that I will not fish out the extra money to buy this product instead of UDPP. It applies very oily and heavy, unlike UDPP, so that was enough to put me off and make me decide not to buy it. Needless to say, it didn't prevent shadows from smudging, and I had only applied it to the back of my hand instead of my oily lids. Plus, it costs more than UDPP (though not by much) so that's one more thing I don't like about it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2009 12:05:00 PM More reviews by trincess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've bought this product a few weeks ago and I'm really impressed. It works so well with my lids, shadow stays put forever. Shadow can be blended effortlessly, but it won't smudge accidentally. Besides, it's completely waterproof. Would definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2009 11:57:00 AM More reviews by Chynnac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was using UDPP but the package was horrible and I thought it dried a slight being color on my light brown skin. Makeupgeek on YT raved about this. I think its great, keeps my shadow on all day and yesterday I made an effort to make sure I covered my lid where I line my eyes and it stayed put! I use it everyday now, it takes just a little so I imagine it will last quite a bit.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/6/2009 9:25:00 PM More reviews by Cerebro

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Urgh! I do NOT like this eyeshadow primer. UDPP is soooo much better in my opinion!

This makes my eyeshadow crease by lunchtime, maybe even earlier than that and I end up rubbing all of my eyeshadow off. Grr this makes me mad just writing about it because I have to use it up right now since I don't have any money to buy UDPP right now.

The only thing I do like about this is the packaging. I can get the whole product out unlike UDPP. *sigh* In this case I don't want the whole product though...

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2009 10:09:00 PM More reviews by candycanefaery

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have used this less than my Urban Decay Primer Potion up until I left my UDPP at home and went a whole week only having my Too Faced Shadow Insurance. It worked a lot better than I thought it would, I have very oily eyelids and this is a bit too oily for me. But it did help get me through most of my day without creasing and it still makes my eyeshadow colors pop. The packaging is a lot more convenient than UDPP but again, for my oily eyelids I still prefer UDPP vs. Too Faced. I would buy this again or recommend it to friends though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2009 8:51:00 PM More reviews by brandylee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this after using UDPP for about a week and I noticed little bumps on my eyelides (which might have been from me using a heavy duty lotion on my eyes because they were so dry from the primer potion) and my eyelids were very dry and flaky and a few veins in my lids were more noticeable than ever..This is obviously in better packaging and it goes on more comfortable. Crease wise, I think they are both pretty good, but I notice more fading with TFSI, especially with my MAC carbon that I put in my crease. I'll probably shop around because I'm not 100% happy with this, I also think it matters where the eyeshadow is applied and the brand..I wear MAC coppering on my lids and that hasen't faded much or creased, it's the carbon I have problems with. Buttt to me shadow NOT CREASING is more important than it fading a little so I will deal for now.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2009 3:11:00 PM More reviews by preciouspink

I like this product a lot. Its nice and smooth texture and the packaging is awesome. But it does seem to stop working after it hits seven hours or so.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2009 6:51:00 PM More reviews by gimme_chocolate

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This seems to keep my shadow looking more like it's supposed to at the end of the day than other primers I've tried. Even though you only need a little, it does take it a little while to dry so that it doesn't crease. I have a little discoloration under one eyebrow and have to use a small amount of concealer under it before I apply this. I didn't have to apply concealer when I used MAC eye primer but then my e/s didn't look as good for as long as it does with this primer, either.