November 25, 2014 | 1850 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 3 of 5 on 4/30/2010 4:10:00 AM More reviews by herchenm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

ive gone through half a bottle of this now and im still not sure about how i feel about this foundation. it does go on flawless (i apply with fingers and then lightly stiple it in with my fingers) i just find the NW20 a bit too yellow for my liking. i like that it comes with a pump so its no mess and i can control how much product im using, but the "fix" in the name is not so much - at least for me. i have combination skin with an oily t-zone and set it with some translucent powder but after 3hrs, even when its not hot or when i dont do much, it just comes off. now, ive always been applyin this foundation with the MAC prep+prime face&body so maybe thats the problem?
anyways, not sure if i would repurchase. i use revlon's colorstay from time to time but its just very heavy.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2010 3:56:00 AM More reviews by zoelioness

I freaking love this foundation! I'm on my second bottle and while it is a bit on the expensive side (for me anyway), MAC's Studio Fix is the best when it comes to evening out skin tones and for long day wear. I always get that healthy sun kissed look after I put this on. Application is a little tricky because it is liquid but I find that a few dabs on cheekbones, forehead, chin and jawline and you get a really natural look.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2010 1:50:00 AM More reviews by Carinayx3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i LOVE this :D i thought i would hate it because everyone said it was so thick, but idk if it's just me, but it doesn't feel too heavy for me...with any foundation i think it just depends how much you apply and with what tool, but i LOVEEEE this foundation! :D

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2010 1:39:00 AM More reviews by lindypoodle

I've always been somewhat hesitant when it came to MAC products designed for the face(such as foundations), although I love their eye make products and blushes. This was due to the "stage make up" reputation that the companies does hold.However, I took my chances with studio fix and I looooove it. My skin is pretty clear, some random flairs but thats about it.While it can dry you out with moisturizing beforehand, I use a few pumps of my aveeno brightening lotion and I am set for the day. My face didn't melt off, and oil wasnt terrible but definitely still existing. I apply with my chanel foundation brush and brush on some of The Body Shop's All in one face base. Pretty good product with awesome coverage, no need for concealer.:D

rated 2 of 5 on 4/28/2010 3:32:00 PM More reviews by nettiepoo

I have a love/hate relationship with this foundation. When I first got it I liked it but then it started drying my skin out horribley, eventhough I moistorized. Also flaked my face, basiclly it ruined my skin with alot of tiny bumps and whiteheads iv never experienced before. I now only wear it for photos and special occasions because it looks ok if i dont wear it all the time. It does a good job for ppl who have redness or other discolorations of the skin, but it dries me out too much. I also wear the minerlized skinfinish with it. I would prolly not re-purchase again. I also dont like the fact that you have to purchase the pump seperately. I think the pump should be part of the deal when buying the foundation.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2010 10:29:00 AM More reviews by Jenlovesmac03

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This foundation just did not work for me. I found so many things wrong it and just did not agree with my skin. I have oily combination skin and am prone to breakouts. I tried to love this foundation because it was my first Mac foundation but I had a love/hate relationship with it. There were days I thought this was covering my blemishes then were days where it made me look awful. The foundation itself is very thick, too yellow for my skin tone, and smells like cement IMO and made me breakout like no other, but Mac foundations tend to do that to you. I also found it smudges, if I gave someone a hug or something it ends up on their shirt! Not cute, I won't use this ever again, sorry.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2010 8:49:00 AM More reviews by stellaaaaaa

this foundation is real heavy!i noticed that after used that for moths my skin was gettin impure and ruin....
this foundation should be more flawless...it's too heavy!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/28/2010 1:33:00 AM More reviews by LAWSVP

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

my goodness.. this foundation made my acne WORST! i am oily in my TZONE and this foundation made me more oily. this foundation did not stay on for more than 2 hours and it would just start sliding on my face and cake up on my forehead, nose, and around my mouth. this foundation smells weird (like verry old foundation smell) it took a verryyy long time for it to settle.
as soon as i stopped using this foundation my face cleared up after a week of using it. STAY AWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYY FROM THIS FOUNDATION!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2010 More reviews by Bambie_Blonde

This is such a great foundation. The first time I tried Studio Fix was when I was 15, however I found it to thick and heavy for myself back then- I really didn't know how to apply it correctly. Fast forward to now, I have figured out perfect foundation applications for myself that give me my desired look :) with Studio Fix I prefer blending it with my fingers, or a damp sponge, you only need a very TINY amount! a little goes a long way- to much will look really cakey and heavy. My Holy Grail foundation is Revlon Colorstay, its very comparable to this- I would say that I love my Studio Fix and Colorstay equally, however with Studio Fix I find I get a foundation look that I call 'Barbie Skin' because it covers everything effortlessely making your skin look airbrushed- I like setting it with a little Maybelline Dream Matte Powder, or Lise Watier Multi-Fini Powder and I have that matte look down pat. The only gripe I have with this is that it did give me a blemish here and there when I first used it, nothing major though- although it might not work for people with sensitive skin. The key to diminishing breakouts from Studio Fix is to remove it all, this can be hard sometimes because its so long lasting and thick....however after a few weeks of wear your skin sort of forms a barrier against it I think, I haven't broken out from it at all recently (although I wasn't getting any blemishes that where hard to deal with in the first place) ..... All in all, I love this stuff- is it my HG? it might be one day =)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2010 4:27:00 PM More reviews by BeckySbooboo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Couldn't live without this... I have been using it for about 2years now... every so often I hear about a new product that is just as good (e.g revlon colorstay) but they never compare! while the price (€31 in Ireland) is on the expensive side, I think its worth it for the coverage and finish!

anyone with oily/combination skin that has difficulty finding a fuller coverage foundation needs to run to MAC now... I love it and will buy it forever!