MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

3.5

on 7/27/2010 1:00:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

im not sure what to think about this product really:

PROS:

-great coverage
-wide range of colors
-easily applied with brush/sponge/fingers etc
-price isnt so bad
-stays on well in the winter time
-people comment on how clear my skin looks

CONS:

-cakey, so i cant build more coverage
-smells like playdough
-OXIDIZES (turned my face a bit orangey along the jawline)
-easily transferable, (embarassing incident with my boyfriends white shirt...)
- kinda melts off my face at about 2 oclock
doesnt come with a pump (unless purchased for $5)

So i guess if i wanted to stick to a cheaper yet well respected makeup brand, i'll buy this again, but i really think the studio sculpt is a better option if we're sticking to the MAC brand. Im goin to continue using my MUFE mat velvet +

on 7/26/2010 6:09:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This is a great product as it has medium to full coverage that you can build up. It also looks very natural on the skin. I bought this as my first liquid foundation. It doesn't come with a pump, you need to pour it out so I would recommend you get a pump for it. The MA at my counter gave me the pump for free! It has a slight paintlike smell to it and some ingredients in it may break out people with acne prone skin.

It covers everything, you hardly need any concealer. I apply it with my MAC 188 stippling brush, by stippling in areas and then swirling and blending it out and it works well. I set it with the MSFN, then use 2~3 spritzes of evian facial spray or fix+ to give it a dewy look.

However, I think it breaks me out a bit around my mouth. I'm not sure because I'm still not 100% sure if it was because of this. I have sensitive skin but I find in other parts of my face it's absolutely fine!

Overall, I like it but I think when I'm done I'll try some drugstore ones like revlon colorstay or revlon photoready.

on 7/25/2010 1:27:00 PM

Even the lightest shade is too dark and yellow for me, it looks great but the color is just gross.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I tried a sample of this product recently. The coverage is ok... but I really can't stand the smell! The fumes burn my eyes too. I won't purchase this :(

-- EDIT Nov.2012 --
Ok, so I still don't like the smell of this... but I tried a new sample from MAC and it didn't bother my eyes this time. Maybe the sample I had before was old? Anyhow, now I love this foundation. I bought a full bottle of it (don't love the packaging of the product though). The colour is perfect for me and it's not greasy at all.

on 7/24/2010 4:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I actually really like this foundation. Although it breaks me out a bit (I've yet to find a foundation that doesnt), it soaks up the oil in my skin while still giving me a nice glow. The only thing is that it looks better when applied with clean, warm fingers or else it looks cakey. Overall, still a good product though.

on 7/22/2010 12:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I hate this foundation!

Pros: Good coverage
Blends Easily
Cons: It oxidizes after one hr and my face ends up looking orange.
Hate to have to buy the pump separately =(

Try drugstore foundations instead.

on 7/22/2010 12:16:00 PM

My first ever purchase from mac was this foundation. At first I loved it but then I began to notice the first of its many flaws, it oxidises after a few hours leaving you looking like an oompa loompa, it transfers EVERYWHERE, very strong unpleasant smell, and can feel very heavy on the skin. The reasons why I liked this foundation is that I loved the coverage it gave my acne scarred skin and I only had to use a tiny dab of concealer under my eyes, but thats where the plus points for this foundation ends. I did try it again after about a year I had a tiny bit left so decided to give it another go, after applying it I realised why I had hated it in the first place!

on 7/22/2010 12:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have used Studio Fix Fluid for a few years now and at first I absolutely loved the product. It made my skin look flawless and had great coverage on my acne scars/red marks. It's also great to dab on as a concealer if you have dark shadows or bags around your eyes. It does make my skin extremely oily though and I get the occasional spot whilst using it - although that could be hormones! Overall I would recommend this product if you are looking for a foundation that gives your skin an airbrushed finish and good coverage.

Pros -

* Good, full coverage
* One bottle lasts a long time
* Shades for all skin colours & tones

Cons -

* Quite expensive
* Doesn't keep oily skin at bay for long
* May cause skin breakout

on 7/20/2010 8:50:00 AM

I really like this foundation! Even though I have acne-prone skin (in my 30s!!!!!!!!!) it does not break it out. This foundation gives excellent coverage but I oh no, I ran out. I have to go and get another one.

on 7/19/2010 8:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Oh God where should i start... at first a loved it, was my first MAC. The coverage is medium to full, it leave a matte finish at first and last a long time, it's not expensive for a high end foundation ( 30€ )... and then the trouble began:
- starts to break me out REALLY BAD
- i didn't thought i needed that much coverage so started to mixed with my moisturizer but it got ashy-looking
- then it started to oxidise like crazy, 1 hour after i put it on
and even with an NC colour it looks kinda orange-y (i have a olive undertone caramel skin if that makes sense, it's yellow-green undertone)
-after 2 hours it's not matte anymore if i don't use a mattifying primer
-i'm not really fond of the scent but you don't really smell it once you put it on
-i find it very "transferable"
-it does not come with a pump
I'm not buying this ever again, i'm thinking in the MUFE face and body