July 28, 2014 | 1828 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2008 10:28:00 PM More reviews by naomieve

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've tried a few different brands of cleansers but Purity has become my favorite and the one I'll be sticking with for a long time! It's gentle but efficient and doesn't dry out my skin. It works well as an eye makeup remover. The best deal is at qvc.com- I buy the 32 oz pump bottle at $36 on auto-delivery.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2008 9:20:00 PM More reviews by rpolisk

On my second bottle of the stuff. That's saying a lot for a product w*ore like me. Not only does it smell good and leaves my skin soft and not aggravated, it takes off my eye makeup as well (keep eyes closed. duh) so that I know longer need eye makeup remover. will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2008 8:21:00 AM More reviews by AngelSkyFox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this cleanser. You only need one bottle and the smell of rosewater makes me feel fresh and clean. The quality is very good. Very gentle on your skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/26/2008 2:11:00 AM More reviews by Thumbelina1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Talked to a really helpful Sephora rep (helps when your skin type is similar), and she told me I was scrubbing my face too much and to try a gentle cleanser. I bought the 10 dollar small bottle of this, and I love it! The fragrance is calming, it thoroughly cleans my face (and removes makeup), and doesn't aggravate my skin. HG face wash, for sure. Not like cetaphil is so bad, but this seems to do more, clean better and is more glam : )

EDIT: This broke me out and is overpriced for what it is in my opinion.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2008 1:16:00 PM More reviews by CatherineSolo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I didn't like this facial cleanser at all. I was very disappointed because I wanted to like Philosophy products so bad! I generally like a creamier cleanser, like this one, but I found not only did it not make my skin feel clean, it also made me break out. This might be better for someone with dry, sensitive skin. But honestly this stuff was nothing compared Cetaphil.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2008 11:55:00 PM More reviews by sillypenguin

I was looking for a gentle cleanser for my dry, dry, dry skin. I had used so many harsh cleansers to "help" my acne that my skin was absolutely parched. My friend suggested this. My skin was so dry, that even this cleanser made it feel dry. However, after using strictly this for 2 1/2 weeks my skin was less dry. It removes my Too Faced Lash Injection and my eyemakeup even when I used Urban Decay Primer Potion. It doesn't leave me shiny or tight. If you're looking for a basic cleanser then this is it. Foaming ones made me feel tight and shiny. Purity is a simple cleanser just as it claims. If you want something that exfoliates or clears out pores, or works miracles, then keep looking. I love it in the morning and rotate it at night with other cleansers. But I reach for it the most since it takes off my makeup while cleaning. I used a dime-nickel sized dollop. The 16 oz lasts me about a year using it 1-2 times a day. I used it a ton when I was trying mineral makeup samples. Very happy, and I just stock up during Sephora's FF sale. I heard its pretty cheap on ebay and QVC offers a super large size for a good price.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2008 3:32:00 PM More reviews by m1029

i first got this cleanser as a delux sample from Sephora, its non-foaming characteristics threw me off at first but after i used it my face felt soooo clean! After my sample ran out i had to buy it again!
i recomend at least trying this cleanser once, even if you don't like non-foaming cleansers.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2008 2:35:00 PM More reviews by jbsundries

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the best facial cleanser I've ever used. I'm not a fan of Philosophy's other products (Hope in a Jar, the eye cream and perfumes did not work for me) but this is fantastic. I've tried preservative-free cleansers with no luck, and once those broke me out, I came back to Philosophy. My skin looks radiant and I have very few, if any, breakouts. I love the scent and my face feels clean after washing, not dry or tight. An 8 oz. bottle lasts me 6 months, so it's definitely a good deal.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2008 1:06:00 AM More reviews by wordsandnumbers

I have purchased this product over and over. I hate removing eye makeup separately, and this product takes off my eye makeup very well. It has a clean, lemony scent that doesn't offend me. If you are expecting suds, you won't get it here-I think there is a new version of Purity that suds for those who want them.

My face feels clean-but not dry. I am combination and sometimes a cleanser that gets the oil also dries my cheeks, but not Purity.

Your best bet: buy the 32 oz with the pump when qvc or nordstrom has a sale.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2008 10:24:00 PM More reviews by kams64

I've tried plenty of cleansers and this one is my favorite for evening makeup removal. It gets rid of even tough eye makeup with no stinging. All traces of sunsceen and foundation are gone. I had always used a foaming cleanser, but I quickly got used to no foam. My face feels cleaner with Purity than any other foaming cleanser. This stuff actually makes me look forward to washing my face! ;-)