September 17, 2014 | 2005 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

rated 2 of 5 on 7/1/2008 6:35:00 PM More reviews by Johanamtz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It made my skin worst than before. I have oily skin and some acne and this product made me breakout more. First week of using it it was great but the secound week i started getting more acne, I gave it more time ( a month) and my skin didin't get any better it just keeped getting worse. I switch to Dermalogica which a friend recommend it and so far its cleaning up the mess that Philosophy made.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2008 3:43:00 PM More reviews by JanickBijoux

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this cleanser. I have very dry skin and it leaves my face soft and never dry after using it. I also find that it helps close my pores. My husband also uses it and likes the fact that it doesn't have any strong perfume smell.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/29/2008 3:01:00 PM More reviews by lindz990

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is an okay product... I can see it working for people with normal, balanced skin that they would like to keep that way. However, I battle some oiliness, clogged pores, blackheads, and uneven texture and tone. This cleanser hasn't helped my skin in any of those areas. I DO love the fact that you can use as an all-in-one product. It does a good job of removing eye makeup. But I'm still a big fan of the "squeaky-clean" feeling... this just doesn't seem to take off all of my grime from the day. I tone afterwards, and it always seems like more makeup or oil is still left on my face, and turns up on my cotton ball. So if you've got normal skin- it's a do. If you're like me and need a little somthin' else, I'd recommend passing on this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/29/2008 2:29:00 PM More reviews by addicted2products

I love the concept of this product. An all-in-one gentle but effective makeup remover and cleanser. If only this product lived up to the concept. I think this cleanser does an OK job, and is probably quite nice for teens with normal skin. With all of the cleansers out there, I just don't think this one measures up. When I tone after using this product, I find there is quite a bit of dirt/makeup left behind.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2008 12:37:00 PM More reviews by galaxygoo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this now for about 5 years. I have extremely sensitive and reactive skin that is still combo-oily and acne-prone. Most cleansers designed for oily or combo skin are way too harsh, and most cleansers designed for sensitive skin don't get my skin clean at all. This does it all: it truly cleans my skin, remove all makeup (with the exception of very stuborn waterproof mascara), and it leaves my skin fresh, and never dry or tight. It's very soothing too. I know some are not fond of the fragrance, but I like it. I have no desire to try different cleansers, it is definitely my holy grail cleanser. I buy the 32 oz. bottle through QVC or at Nordstrom's anniversary sale, and it is a great value.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2008 4:49:00 AM More reviews by Kamee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

After going through one bottle, which lasted me for a year because I was using it on and off. I feel it's an ok cleanser. It didn't do anything for my acne at all, but i do love the scent and the gentleness of it because it can take off most of my makeup without irritating my eyes. I'm not too sure if I would buy again because of the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2008 10:28:00 PM More reviews by naomieve

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've tried a few different brands of cleansers but Purity has become my favorite and the one I'll be sticking with for a long time! It's gentle but efficient and doesn't dry out my skin. It works well as an eye makeup remover. The best deal is at qvc.com- I buy the 32 oz pump bottle at $36 on auto-delivery.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2008 9:20:00 PM More reviews by rpolisk

On my second bottle of the stuff. That's saying a lot for a product w*ore like me. Not only does it smell good and leaves my skin soft and not aggravated, it takes off my eye makeup as well (keep eyes closed. duh) so that I know longer need eye makeup remover. will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2008 8:21:00 AM More reviews by AngelSkyFox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this cleanser. You only need one bottle and the smell of rosewater makes me feel fresh and clean. The quality is very good. Very gentle on your skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/26/2008 2:11:00 AM More reviews by Thumbelina1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Talked to a really helpful Sephora rep (helps when your skin type is similar), and she told me I was scrubbing my face too much and to try a gentle cleanser. I bought the 10 dollar small bottle of this, and I love it! The fragrance is calming, it thoroughly cleans my face (and removes makeup), and doesn't aggravate my skin. HG face wash, for sure. Not like cetaphil is so bad, but this seems to do more, clean better and is more glam : )

EDIT: This broke me out and is overpriced for what it is in my opinion.