November 1, 2014 | 1248 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2008 12:36:00 AM More reviews by gonzogolas

I've had this for awhile, but I was only using it to remove makeup (which I wear infrequently) so I didn't use it very much. After I bought a Clarisonic, I started to use it daily. I found it to be almost too gentle. I never really felt like my face was as clean. I bought a different cleanser to use with it, and my face got cleaner. To be fair, I have problem skin with clogged pores. But I just wasn't crazy about it. I do love it to remove makeup though.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2008 1:06:00 PM More reviews by moonshadow7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is just a wonderful basic cleanser. It's expensive for being basic, but it really works so I don't see the point of straying. Most drugstore cleansers have left me either too dry or they break me out, so I feel like it's worth the extra money. I have normal/combination skin that is not prone to breakouts. It's a cream cleanser that lathers only a little. My face feels clean but not stripped after using it. Currently I am using this twice a day with C.O. Bigelow extra-light face lotion SPF 15 in the morning and Neutrogena oil-free moisture for combination skin in the evening and it is a very nice combination, even in the dense humidity of summer. I am currently using the 8 oz. bottle which is $20, but if I continue to like it by the time I finish the bottle I will probably buy the 16 oz. because it's only $32. I really love the natural scent. The flip cap seems a little flimsy (I feel like it's probably going to break before I finish the bottle). For $20 I think Philosophy could afford better packaging (a pump would be nice). They also test on animals.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2008 2:22:00 AM More reviews by dogsinfl

Almost HG. I'm still using the old formula and have gone through many bottles. It doesn't strip my oily/combo skin but it does leave it film-free while removing my normal makeup. I do need an oil-based remover for any longwear products so I did deduct a lippie, but I still keep coming back to this cleanser.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/5/2008 2:35:00 PM More reviews by mahirsch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I used to like this product but they have changed the formula recently. It now contains more alcohol. If you have sensitive skin, this will irritate now. Too bad they changed it because it used to do a nice job of taking off makeup in one step. Yes the product won awards before they changed the formula. I don't think it will win anything now unless they change it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/2/2008 7:03:00 AM More reviews by fresh76

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Like the last reviewer, I really wanted to love this. For a makeup remover it was fantastic - my waterproof eye makeup just dissolved away with no deposit on my face, it was fabulous! The consistency of the product is creamy and feels very gentle on your skin. After a few weeks of using it at night, my face got really red, really irritated, and REALLY broken out. I really wanted to love you, Purity! But it looks like it's back to my old cleanser (my HG for sure), Carley's Clear & Smooth!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2008 11:23:00 PM More reviews by ais4alison

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to like this product. So many good reviews! It does smell pleasant and gives your skin a really fresh, clean feeling. However, it really really REALLY irritated my skin. It broke my skin out really bad and made my face itch and tingle in spots. I wanted to think it was just "purging" and would get better, but after a month it just was worse than ever. Before starting this, my skin was under control on the Proactiv system. I went back on Proactiv after this nightmare, but my skin was left with so many painful under the skin cysts and just awfulness, it drove me in to the doctor to get prescription strength things to get everything under control. For people who's skin is sensitive to fragranced ingredients, should probably be careful with this.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/1/2008 6:35:00 PM More reviews by Johanamtz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It made my skin worst than before. I have oily skin and some acne and this product made me breakout more. First week of using it it was great but the secound week i started getting more acne, I gave it more time ( a month) and my skin didin't get any better it just keeped getting worse. I switch to Dermalogica which a friend recommend it and so far its cleaning up the mess that Philosophy made.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2008 3:43:00 PM More reviews by JanickBijoux

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this cleanser. I have very dry skin and it leaves my face soft and never dry after using it. I also find that it helps close my pores. My husband also uses it and likes the fact that it doesn't have any strong perfume smell.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/29/2008 3:01:00 PM More reviews by lindz990

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is an okay product... I can see it working for people with normal, balanced skin that they would like to keep that way. However, I battle some oiliness, clogged pores, blackheads, and uneven texture and tone. This cleanser hasn't helped my skin in any of those areas. I DO love the fact that you can use as an all-in-one product. It does a good job of removing eye makeup. But I'm still a big fan of the "squeaky-clean" feeling... this just doesn't seem to take off all of my grime from the day. I tone afterwards, and it always seems like more makeup or oil is still left on my face, and turns up on my cotton ball. So if you've got normal skin- it's a do. If you're like me and need a little somthin' else, I'd recommend passing on this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/29/2008 2:29:00 PM More reviews by addicted2products

I love the concept of this product. An all-in-one gentle but effective makeup remover and cleanser. If only this product lived up to the concept. I think this cleanser does an OK job, and is probably quite nice for teens with normal skin. With all of the cleansers out there, I just don't think this one measures up. When I tone after using this product, I find there is quite a bit of dirt/makeup left behind.