Philosophy Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

3.7

Water, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Coco-Glucoside, Coconut Alcohol, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Guaiac (Guaiacum Officinale) Extract, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Rosa Damascena Extract, Amyris Balsamifera Bark Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Cinnamomum Cassia Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Piper Nigrum (Pepper) Seed Extract, Polysorbate 20, Glycerin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Yellow 5 (Ci 19140).

on 10/20/2008 5:02:00 PM

My mom and my aunts are all about philosophy, so it wasn't long before a sample bottle of this heavenly cleanser fell into my hands. I wear lots of eye makeup, and like the label claims, it melts it right off! This is not a foamy cleanser. This is not a super duper fancy cleanser. It almost feels like a thick oil in consistency, without actually being an oil (if that makes any sense). It has an herbally, lavender scent that I do not find offensive. This product does its job without drying or irritating my skin. When I tone after, I have no residue left over and my skin feels clean, not tight.

I feel that it is suitable for any skin type, as it is a gentle cleanser without harsh foaming agents or acids to dry and irritate skin.

on 10/19/2008 11:13:00 PM

This is one of those "Are we all talking about the same product here??" products. Did NOT take off my makeup (and I wear very light makeup) and it broke me out. I didn't like the feel or the smell of it either. Just total yuck! I don't get it. I'm so glad it works for so many but this was a disaster for me.

on 10/18/2008 6:07:00 AM

I really wanted to like this product. I heard so many good things about it but it made my face break out horribly. I had been using the Clinique 3 step system but it seemed harsh for my skin so I wanted something easier and gentler. I tried this for a week hoping things would get better but it just got worse. My skin on my jawline and near my nose just broke out like crazy and I know it's not that time of the month. It's not even just one or two pimples, it's like at least 10. I want to cry. Even clinique did not do that to me. =(

So, maybe this is good for those with dry skin or those whose pores tend not to be so congested. Back to the drawing board I go.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is really a nice cleanser. i have oily acne-prone skin and this stuff takes off all my makeup without drying my skin, and best of all this does not cause me to break out!!! yay!!! i love this the only thing i don't like is the price.

on 10/15/2008 12:49:00 PM

Great gentle cleanser, smells a little "soapy" but not too bad. Definitely removes makeup well; had been using Cetaphil and realized it wasn't taking all my makeup off, so I will switch to using Purity at night to remove makeup and Cetaphil in the morning to wake up. A little expensive, but worth it is you want something gentle yet works.

on 10/14/2008 4:55:00 PM

This is my absolute favorite cleanser. Works really well to remove makeup without stripping your skin. Doesnt really have a scent. Has a decent consistency. Not really a foaming cleanser so if you like bubbles. This isnt that. Although, I think Philosophy now makes a Purity foaming. I have purchased the jumbo size of this off of QVC. It comes with a pump. Making it easy to use. For me this is the perfect cleanser.

on 10/14/2008 2:21:00 PM

I don't have sensitive skin, and this product irritated me after 2 weeks of use. I continued to use just because I didn't want to jump to any conclusions that it was this face wash. After about a week of switching to a different face wash my skin was normal again (thank goodness). Too bad, I really did like the wash because it cleaned my makeup, even mascara, completely off my face.

on 10/11/2008 7:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Got this as part of Philosophy Makeup Optional for congested skin kit which I bought because I have oily skin, large pores and blackheads on my nose area. First time I used it I felt like it left my skin very clean. I've been using it for 5 weeks now and I've noticed that its not working as well as I expected. I don't see any difference in my pores and this product has dried my face so much that the texture of my skin is 10x worse than from when before I started using this product. I stopped using the other components in the kit about 3 weeks ago which leads me to believe that its the cleanser that is drying my skin. The weird thing is that my face feels dryer and rough but I still have a lot of shine on my face, so its not really helping me at all.

on 10/10/2008 11:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I would buy this again, simply because I don't know what else at this point to use. I converted to Purity after I bought a Clarisonic. When I first got the Clarisonic I was using some pretty harsh cleansers, which severely irritated my skin. I was told to use something gentle with the Clarisonic, so naturally, Purity was the obvious choice. Using this with the Clarisonic hasn't been a miracle for my skin, but it doesn't dry it out and irritate it like other cleansers do. Being that my problem is mainly with blackheads, I'm at a crossroad as to what type of regime I should be using, but I will stick with this until I find something better.

on 10/7/2008 4:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

Good thing I received 1.5 oz bottle for free as I am actualy using this to wash my handsy. Gift from Sephora. I actualy do not know where to start with this cleanser. Very water consistency which foams quickly but the longivity does not last. It actualy left my skin pasty and in need of a good cleansing. Also it was terrible at removing make-up. Though I washed twice, when going over the face with my toner there was still tons of make up left. I tried this for about 3 days and as stated above I converted it to a hand wash. I will not even consider trying any other products from this line again. Actually I am not sure why so many American bloggers are writing so much about this cleanser. The wording (poetry) on the bottle is catchy and cute but the product itself is - ja- not worth using.