July 29, 2014 | 986 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Dream Matte Pressed Powder

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2007 10:02:00 AM More reviews by abbyten

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Had I not read the good reviews on MUA for this product I would never have tried it. Every Maybelline powder I tried in the past was chalky and totally unflattering. This powder, on the other had, is one of the best I have ever tried. It goes on so smoothly (I have used a brush instead of the puff included in the container), makes my pores invisible, and it just disappears into my skin leaving it looking great without any powdery texture. A definite rebuy.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2007 5:41:00 AM More reviews by jomia23

Really liked this for me in Beige "50" and it matched perfectly, I'm NC35. Not too opaque, not too sheer. Perfect as a blotting powder for me. Can someone at Maybelline please come up with more attractive packaging? PLEASE!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2007 6:31:00 PM More reviews by shooootastarrrr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

really good powder. i actually like the packaging too- it seems like it won't break easily like other powders. i haven't broken out yet and my skin actually seems to be clearing up. weird. i thought it was $8 but i actually paid $5 for it- it was on sale and i didn't even know it! wow. good stuff. i used the third shade of light.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2007 11:32:00 AM More reviews by mochasplash

this product is the best powder i've tried to control oil. i use it in dark (latte)
it works better than matte fx which is ridiculously expensive. ive tried many other powders and this one has the be the best. it goes on smooth and controls oil for hours! no other powder i've tried has last for hours like this one. i was surprised with this product because the maybelline dream matte foundation is crap and this powder is just great. i didnt get it cheap, i paid just over $10 at walmart for it but it was definitely worth it. i will most likely stick to this powder from now on. it doesnt build coverage which i like and makes my face feel smooth. definitely worth trying if you havent already.
i dont mind the clicky turning compact, i think its a good idea that the (very cheaply made) applicator is kept away from the powder itself and also contains a mirror.
this is the best eyeshadow base to prevent creasing.. i usually dont wear eye shadow because of creasing but using this powder first keeps my shadow smooth and fresh!
ive had 2 of these and they both crack.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2007 10:30:00 PM More reviews by Baby_Brown_Eyes

Ok I will say that I love this powder but it does have its drawbacks.. First I am not a fan of the fact that on the top of the powder case are the words" NEW DREAM MATTE POWDER" in giant letters, what ever happend to just the wor Maybelline on top?? It really looks tacky. Now as far as the powder itself my skin looks flawless and this completly eliminates my giant pores everywhere on my face!! My skin also feels smoother and looks alot more even with this powder.. The worst drawback is that if i wear this and then sweat it literally looks like I have glitter all over my face, There are some kind of little particles in this that do that, i find that part very strange.. Maybe after this starts to sell more they will make the letters on the front better, I will purchase again ...

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2007 3:39:00 PM More reviews by leilacey

I'm a lighter hued African American woman and I love this powder!! The only other brand (department or drugstore) to ever match with my skintone as good as Dream Matte does is Revlon's Colorstay liquid foundation in Caramel.

Since im not too crazy about liquid foundations, i prefer powder and this is it! Nars and bobbi brown leave much to be desired. Very pleased with this. Btw, i have the Dark 0-1 powder in latte and it looks gorgeous and natural on!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2007 8:49:00 PM More reviews by snyder

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this! I got it in Sand (Medium), I normally wear MAC Blot in Med/Dark. It goes on like silk and wears really nice. I dare say this may replace my MAC Blot :O I hate how every time I go to repurchase the Blot it's like another $1 more each time. This works just as well, imo and the color Sand is perfect for me. I really hate the compact though. While it's cute, it's a hassle. I'd rather just flip it open and have my puff and powder right there rather than have to flip it open and then slide the puff out. I'm too lazy for that. But I am very happy with the product!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2007 11:35:00 AM More reviews by Lisa_Marie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a great new product. Powder comes in beautiful, real skin colors. If you avoid DS powders because of the horrible colors (Cover Girl, Neutrogena, etc.) for fair, yellow toned skin, give this a try. Way to go Maybellene!

My only complaints are with the package (bulky) and applicator (thin and cheap).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2007 1:01:00 PM More reviews by brwneyedgymnast23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just got this powder yesterday in Medium 0-1 sand. I'm an NC30 in MAC and sand in Bobbi Brown and this is a good match for me. It has very nice and silky, medium coverage. Athough it does accentuate dryness, so moisturize well before. I really like it. I just wish the packaging wasn't so bulky, half of it is for a mirror and a puff. I would rather use my own puff and mirror. I got this for 40% off at Walgreen's during their sale, so it was about $4, normal price is about $9. I will update later if anything changes.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2007 3:34:00 AM More reviews by britneyholthouser

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Hi guys!!! I LOVE this website. This is my first post. I actually have a question, not a review. I just bought the Dream Matte Pressed Powder in Beige. I tried the color and it matches PERFECTLY. My only problem is that I cannot find the ingredients anywhere. They are not on the packaging or on the Maybelline website. I looked all over the internet too. Talc really irratates my skin; it always makes it break out. I usually use mineral makeup but I really want to try this. Can someone help me out. Does anyone know the ingredients or if it has talc. Thanks!!!