MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

3.5

on 7/30/2010 4:03:00 AM

I used to have a very very nice skin, then i discovered mac studio fix fluid... here is my opinion:

PROS:
Many colors to chose from
full to medium coverage (very buildible).

CONS:
BREAKS OUT like crazy!! WATCH OUT!!
smells bad
does not stay on for hours! :S
clog the pores
did I mention it breaks out like crazy?

I guess not everything is ment to be for everybody... I was really sad it did not work for me. I actually wrote to the company, because I was very dissapointed about this whole thing. I wanted to look good for my graduation, and this foundation just did not last, my skin was pretty oily during the event, and you can imagine going to this situation, because I trusted in the brand, I trusted in that product, and it just fail. But the worse part wasn't the foundation last, the worse part was the terrible pimples it causes on me... litteraly, I STILL HAVE RED ACNE SCARS, and I'll let you know: my skin was pretty nice before using this.. and now.. well..
Of course I decided to stop using it, and voila! no more new pimples.. but i still have those stubburn scars!! (it has been like 3 months after stop using it).
Im not saying this will act the same on your skin, because I see lots of girls saying this is the best foundation, but if you are trying to buy it, just go to the mac store, ask the person who is there to try it on and wait to the next day to see how your skin reacts. I recomend to do so during the day, so you can actually check the skin match.
good luck.

on 7/30/2010 2:35:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

First I just want to state this foundation is for OILY SKIN. All of the Studio line, with the exception of Studio Scuplt with is for drier skin, is for oily skin. Select SPF is for normal skin (med. coverage) Scuplt for dry (med. buildable coverage). The whole Mineralize line is formulated for dry to normal skintypes, with foundations ranging in coverage. If you are dry and using Studio Fix you will hate it. If you are not looking for an extremely heavy coverage foundation, you will hate it. That being said, if you are oily and need alot of coverage or acne prone you will probably love this foundation. I personally do not use it on myself, but I do on other people and on some it really looks great, on others not so much....Also you CAN NOT over-use this product or it will look like crap. Please invest $5 for a pump. Half a pump should do your whole face. I agree this is one of those products that will either work wonders for you and look amazing or you will use it and it will hate it. If you are :
OILY
ACNE-PRONE
LOOKING FOR HEAVY COVERAGE

try this! If not, PASS!

on 7/30/2010 1:43:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Okay, let me start by saying this used to be a HG product for me. I lived for it. I loved it. I literally ONLY bought this. I've been using MAC foundation since I was 13, seriously, no other brand. I had always had semi bad skin (nothing insane, but nothing wonderful either). Then one day it occured to me! It could be my foundation!! So I switched to Clinique, and I won't ever switch back. Be warned, this WILL break you out.

on 7/29/2010 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I purchased this in NC30.
First of all let me start by saying, that I love my drug store brand foundations, especially Revlon PhotoReady, so far that is my Holy Grail foundation.
Ok. this is a matte finish foundation, and I love the flawless coverage that it gives. The application is smooth, colour selection is fantastic, and I have no doubt that everyone can find a colour that is pretty true to them. It does feel slightly heavy, and will begin to fade after 4 hours.
It is medium to full coverage, and even though I say you can build it, I wouldn't recomend too much otherwise it will look cakey.
With some foundations that I use I might not set them with a powder, but with this one, and also the MAC studio sculpt foundation , it take forever to set on its own, soo you definitely need to set them with a powder, otherwise it will just rub off on anything.
I hate the packaging, it doesn't come with a pump, which is fine to me, but the foundation is just soo thick that you simply just cant tip the bottle upside to get some out. Therefore, it forced me to fork out the extra money to buy a pump from MAC, I was like grrrr!
I didn't find it that durable, my Revlon foundation held on all day, this didn't even lasted from 9-6.

on 7/29/2010 12:40:00 PM

BEST foundation i've ever tried, i'm on my third bottle and still loving it.
I've tried so many foundations over the years and this is definitely the best. Its slightly pricey but who cares when your skin is this flawless!
It applies beautifully with a MAC 190 or 187 brush and disguises all imperfections, whether acne scars, hyperpigmentation, anything! It's a lovely consistency, not too thick but then again not at all watery. It blends on smoothly and masks every flaw leaving a matte finish (great for oily skins as it illeviates shine)
However, if you prefer more of a natural finish or fairly light coverage then this perhaps isnt right for you as it is a medium to heavy coverage i would say.
But give it a try because i defy anyone to be unhappy with the result!

on 7/29/2010 12:19:00 PM

Two complaints: I wish it came with a pump and I didn't have to buy it separately. Two I wish it was a bit less expensive. Aside from that this is the one foundation that I have found to give me that flawless, matte look. I have ache scars from my teen years and I also have mild psoriasis which look like white spots in my face. This baby covers them so well that you can hardly even see them. It doesn't break me out and one gets used to the feeling of the full coverage foundation. If you just want to test before you commit, just go to the MAC counter and ask for a sample. I have applied this foundation with the 109, 187 & the 168 brush. I prefer the 109 or the 187 for it for that airbrushed look. For reference, I'm NW25, Barcelona in the Nars Sheer Glow and Golden Beige 008 in Revlon's Photoready

I'll speed this up by just listing the pros and cons.
PROS:
-Stays on. I went to Islands of Adventures and while I did get oily and gross, the foundation stayed put. A little powder was enough to get me back to normal.
-Doesn't feel like you're wearing anything.
-Looks amazing and is easy to blend.
-You only need about one pump to cover your entire face.
-Matches my skin really well.
CONS:
-Smells weird. It's not that strong though.
-It is pretty expensive, but I think it's worth it.
-You need to buy the pump. Or else it's impossible to get out.
-Doesn't control oil nearly as well as the Revlon Colorstay foundation.
-I've broken out a few times, but I can't be entirely sure it's because of this foundation.
-Looks weird if you use too much.
-Kind of melts in the heat if you don't use a primer. It looks extremely gross.

on 7/29/2010 8:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I hate this stuff on me! I dunno if I got the wrong colour or whatever, but NC30 is extremely yellow in the SFF formula! It also oxidized like crazy and was really oily on me at the end of the day - the slippage was terrible! I only used it a few times after I bought it off a friend and have the bottle now up for swap. I really don't like how we have to buy the pump separate, but atleast its an option - otherwise too much product is wasted. This might work better for someone tanned, dry to normal skin in the NC35-37 family. I'd suggest to go a shade or two lighter with this stuff. I won't buy it again - there are better foundations out there.

on 7/28/2010 6:40:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Oh dear... where should I start? I´ll make the long story short.

Pro
< medium to full coverage
< it can look very natural
< only a small (like pea-size)amount is enough for the entire face
< no irritations // no breakouts
< doesn´t look cakey
< oil-free, so great for my oily skin

Cons
< the colour doesn´t match (NC15)
< it smells a bit weird
< you have to buy the pump for this
< expensive

The main reason I won´t repurchase this is simply because the colour is too yellow/orange even though the MAC-beautyconsultant gave me the lightest shade, so I had to use my Kanebo Kate Powder, which I usually use on "really oily days" to set the foundation, to make this NC15 shade lighter. I would get along with the smell and with the price as the quality is really good and the bottle lasted for almost 9 months with daily use, but the colour is just too dark and I don´t think it´s worth it to spend the money on something that just doesn´t fit perfectly. Pity. I would recommend this to you if you find a shade that matches your skintone perfectly which shouldn´t be difficult for most of you as MAC has a really wide colour range here.

on 7/28/2010 1:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my first MAC foundation and I have been using it for about five months now. At first when I bought this foundation I loved it because it has wonderful coverage, a large range of color so the foundation matched me perfectly, and a major plus was that it was oil free. After using it more frequently I have decided that this foundation just wasn't the one for me... it broke me out, accentuated my pores and dry spots, made my face itchy, rubbed off on my clothes, and the great coverage just doesn't cut it anymore if that is what is breaks me out. I'm glad it had worked for others but this one is a no go for me. I don't think I will even try it again.