MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

3.5

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

hand on heart ive have never found a makeup that covers as well as this. i been useing this on and off for about 3 years now but i still end up buying this product again it's my baby lol. i only gave it 4 lippys because i have oily skin and this product don't help but i'm yet to find any makeup that keeps you oil free all day so i can live with that :)

This was my first foundation and i like the coverage and the texture of it. It's not thick or watery.
I will def repurchase!!!

EDIT: I've kinda strayed away from mac foundations since i've been using estee lauder's double wear. So, I will not repurchase.

I absolutely LOVE MAC base products. They make your skin soft and even tone. I have some dark sun spots and MAC covered those right up. The girl at the store said you can add layer upon layer. I tried thid but it caked up. The second time, I let the top layer set or "dry" and then added a second coat and this time it did not cake. It is expensive but definently worth it!

This is my favorite foundation! It provides excellent coverage and there are lots of color choices. The coverage lasts all day and really masks my flaws (some redness and discoloration). I sometimes stray and try something new (MUFE HD, Este Lauder Double Wear, other Mac foundations), but I always come back to this. Also, I have been using it for a long time now and I haven't experienced any blemishes from the product like a lot of people claim in their reviews. This is my go-to foundation. It has great staying power and hides all of my discoloration. I love it.

This foundation is a great foundation if you're looking for something that is going to cover you. It does what it says it will. I keep coming back to it only because it does it's job for it's price. There are foundations that I do like better because Studio Fix is very high coverage, and definitely can look too cakey even if you apply even slightly too much.

Cons are:
The glass bottles always break if you buy them. Silly I know but the MUA's always say it shouldn't break. I've broken at least 3 of them.

Colours are way to yellow/orange for me. I'm constantly changing from a NC15 - NW15.

Can go on way too thick/cakey.

I get very oily and get a lot of sheen on my t-zones, but not that big of a deal.

Pros are:
Definitely stays on and goes on smooth whether your using your fingers or a brush. Set's very well with a good loose powder.

Can last forever - this is the best night foundation/club foundation there is.

Easy to build on, other products mesh very well with it.

Great great great price.

This was definitely the worst foundation I have EVER tried. Within two days, I was covered in ACNE!! The likes of which I hadn't seen since I was a teenage girl. It made my skin itchy and the coverage was ridiculously heavy. It looked nice-- at first but after a few hours.. just yikes.

I also do not like that they don't just include the pump-- they, of course, need to upsell that to you.

Luckily I was able to return it for a full refund but never trying this again. Sad because I really like MAC mostly!

i love this liquid foundation! I apply this with my 187 & it makes my skin look flawless. its really heavy coverage but doesnt look cakey unless you apply too much. The shades do run a little orange but i just buff it in. I set this with my studio fix powder & im good for over 14+ hours! its expensive but a bottle lasts me a long time so i would buy again

I love MAC Studio Fix, this is my favorite foundation because not only is it the only foundation that has a true match to my skin color [I'm the lightest they have, NC15] It also gives me full coverage, and [in my opinion] gives you an airbrushed look.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I really like this foundation. The only issue I have is that it transfers onto things quite easily (like my phone). But that's cos I don't use a setting powder. Despite that, it lasts well throughout the day. Doesn't go orange. Perfect match for my skin tone. I'm Chinese and most foundations out there are very pink, but this one allows me to keep the warm(?) undertone. I'm an NC35. Removes all my redness from scarring. Don't even need to use concealer with this, unless I'm off to a formal event.
I'm not quite sure if it breaks me out badly enough to say it causes break outs (for me), because without my acne medication, I break out anyway.
I find it's quite mattifying. So it does help to contour and add blush/bronzer to add warmth and dimension back to my face. I guess it's not as natural-looking as other foundations out there. I hear NARS Sheer glow gives a nice finish if you're looking for that. But that brand isn't sold over here so there's no trying that one for me.
Packaging's fine - easily improved with a pump. And there's a good amount in there that has lasted me quite a while. (I use it almost everyday)
A lot of reviewers on YouTube are constantly saying there are better alternatives to this, and have moved on from this to other foundations.
So.. with that knowledge, I will probably keep looking for a better foundation.
But I'll give this one 5 lippies anyway because I have yet to find one as suited to me as this. =)
------
UPDATE: Don't really dare to use this anymore now that I'm off the Accutane and my skin's doing quite well. Minus 1 lippie for probably causing my previous breakouts. Still.. A good foundation for people with good skin. I wish I could carry on using it as the shade fits me perfectly, is full coverage, and is reasonably priced. Oh well =( , onto the next one...

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I adore this foundation. It took me YEARS to find one that fit my skin tone (NW20). I've used many other foundations in the past that have left me looking like I was wearing a mask. My fiance said it best (after I applied another well known foundation), "Line of Demarcation". I was livid!

So I figured, Hell, why not see what MAC has to offer. After having the S/A apply it to my face, I was in love. She did explain to me though that when applying, it must be done quickly as to not have the foundation streak.

I have to agree with many of the reviews about the packaging and price of this foundation. I wish it had the pump, similar to the of the Pro Longwear foundation, instead of just the open "mouth" that the bottle has. And I guess the motto "you get what you pay for" comes in handy when I debate myself over the price.

Aside from that though, I do adore this foundation.