MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

3.5

on 7/19/2010 8:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Oh God where should i start... at first a loved it, was my first MAC. The coverage is medium to full, it leave a matte finish at first and last a long time, it's not expensive for a high end foundation ( 30€ )... and then the trouble began:
- starts to break me out REALLY BAD
- i didn't thought i needed that much coverage so started to mixed with my moisturizer but it got ashy-looking
- then it started to oxidise like crazy, 1 hour after i put it on
and even with an NC colour it looks kinda orange-y (i have a olive undertone caramel skin if that makes sense, it's yellow-green undertone)
-after 2 hours it's not matte anymore if i don't use a mattifying primer
-i'm not really fond of the scent but you don't really smell it once you put it on
-i find it very "transferable"
-it does not come with a pump
I'm not buying this ever again, i'm thinking in the MUFE face and body

on 7/18/2010 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I've been using this stuff for almost 2 months now and am absolutely in love with it! I have combination skin that's very acne prone and while this doesn't do anything to prevent breakouts, I do feel like it has prevented the massive breakouts I tend to normally get from my make up. This was my first time buying MAC foundation, but I've had a really great experience with it. It goes on smooth and I just have to use a tiny amount to even out my skin tone and cover my acne scars. My biggest frustration with foundation is how oily my face gets by the middle of the day, but that hasn't happened at all and it never looks caked on.

I will say that I think a lot of that has to do with the moisturizer as well though. I use the Studio Moisture Fix, which keeps me from getting greasy or shiny all day. I've tried the foundation with different moisturizers just to see what it would do and it didn't stay nearly as matte as when I use it over the Studio Moisture Fix.

It is a little pricey, but I say it's well worth the money!

on 7/18/2010 7:48:00 PM

Just went out to my MAC counter today, and tried on a few shades. Love this so far in NW25 (I'm a bit tan). Not impeccable coverage. I tend to be the type of girls who wears heavier foundation to camouflage allll imperfection. I could still see a blemish or two, but overall, it's smooth looking and somewhat flawless (almost a contradiction). So far I'd recommend it.

on 7/18/2010 7:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have such mixed feelings about this product. For how expensive this foundation is, I really wanted it to do better.
The coverage is nice, not fantastic, but good. It doesn't take long before you either start to look patchy or cakey (in the winter time), or need to frequently touch up (in the summer time).
It has a smell that isn't unbearable, but it's not pleasant.
It is very matte, which I like, and the SPF is great.
I gave this foundation a long run before it just burned a hole in my pocket. I wanted to like it so much I kept giving it more chances than it deserved, because of MAC's reputation.
I said I would buy it again, because it's not a bad product, but it's just a little too much money for the actual quality, and the fact that it doesn't have the staying power I like, I can't afford to keep touching up. You can go through a bottle of this stuff fast.
It's also a bit runny, so if you're not careful and you don't have the pump attatched to your bottle, you will spill and waste some $$30 foundation.
I'm going to go ahead and say this is just an average foundation. Definitely has equals in the drugstore. I personally swear by Revlon's Colorstay, which I believe is a steal since it performs better than studio fix, and it's wicked cheap compared to MAC.
If you're just an average "Joe Shmoe" such as myself, not making a ton of money, I would suggest go with colorstay instead.

on 7/18/2010 8:47:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I used this foundation a lot a year or two ago and stopped when i got addicted to foundations and ended up with so many i didn't know what to use up, But i have returned to it this past week and i have to say i don't know why i ever stopped it looks amazing ! And i have a lot of foundations Chanel, Mufe to name a few but wow this looks so good ! And its lasting better on my oily skin but im putting that down to my skin care routine now. I will definitely be buying another bottle when i run out im amazed at how well it looks , although i have to say i know a lot more now about application and primer than i did when i bought this first god only knows how i used to apply it when i first bought it *cringe* .... I use a BB Sponge now the application is flawless it has great coverage but doesn't look caked on. who knew i already had the foundation i was looking for and just never bothered with it !

on 7/18/2010 1:25:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

man i loved this for going out..it really was nice for clubbing and stayed on all night..perfect match and i stayed generally matte all night!(my oils are allways on overdrive)...except...it broke me out!! *%^(%$

on 7/17/2010 11:57:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have tried soo many foundations, and they have either dried out my skin or made it super oily.. Not this! I've finally found my solution. This foundation brings my skin to a happy medium. I use loose powder from CoverGirl to set it. It has such a clean, fresh, and soft finish. You really would not believe how perfect this makes your skin look! I'm NW15, which is the lightest shade, so lucky! It's $26, but I feel it will last a while. The only thing I have a problem with, is the way you have to dispense the product.. If it had a pump, it would be perfect. I will repurchase the second I run out..

continued >>

on 7/16/2010 4:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

A good product with amazing coverage. I always revert back to this foundation when a different brand isn't quite working for me. I love it.
The only con about this foundation is not having the pump come with the product.

on 7/15/2010 10:59:00 PM

I am so glad I gave this foundation a try. After hearing so many negative things about it I never thought of trying it until now. I've used MUFE HD, Chanel, Lancome, Estee Lauder, Hourglass Veil, Stila, Smashbox, Revlon Colorstay.. and nothing.....NOTHING has made my oily skin (NC30) look more flawless. I'm so happy that I finally found the perfect foundation.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

im a pale asian with horrible acne. Acne scars are especially bad for me because im so pale. the first bottle of studio fix fluid i got was NC20. i got it at the mac counter at the bay and it looked really good in their soft lighted counter but when i got home and i was looking at my skin by the window, you could tell that the foundation was too orangy for my skin but it wasnt that bad so i just kept it and used up the entire bottle. I love the texture and coverage it gave me but the colour just wasnt right. so when i finally finished the entire bottle i went to he mac counter today and the lady gave me an nc 35. she told me that bc the nc 20 foundation was too light for my skin that it looked orangy. i didnt really believe her but i still let her try what she thought was right for me: nc 35. I was like "holy are u kidding me?" bc im so pale but again the lighting at the counter makes everyone look flawless so she talked me into buying it. Now im standing by the window and my skin is as orange as ever! im def refunding the product! i need a new colour match but im stuck on what colour i should get and im so fed up with getting the wrong colour! anyone went through this and know what colour i should get?