October 21, 2014 | 1355 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Definicils Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2003 9:17:00 PM More reviews by TinaL_to

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have very sensitive and oliy eye areas so I didn't wear mascara until two years ago, when one of my good friend introduced this to me. After used it for two years, I would say it's a good mascara, although I don't know whether it's the best one or not. It dries quickly and instantly lengthens my lashes. The best part is that it doesn't clump. However, it does smudge a little in a few hours.

As suggested by professionals from cosmetics industy, mascara should be discarded in 3 months once it's been opened. I'm not a frequent mascara wearer and so far I've never finished one before I threw it into the trash, so it's a very costly and wasteful item for me. I recently fell for Maybelline Full & Soft mascara, which is at least as good as this one. I will not waste my money on this again ! continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2003 11:41:00 AM More reviews by 2Lauren2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have naturally "curly" lashes, and this makes them straighter for some reason, so I would not recommend for gals who want their mascara to preserve curl. The applicator also has a tendency to deposit mascara on my eyelid or outside/underside corner of my eye, which may just be my inefficiency, but I don't usually have that problem with other mascaras. Besides those two points, I like the texture and the end look. I got two gwp's and do like but am not sure if I will repurchase or not when these are gone. Maybe in the future, but I restlessly prowl for new mascaras in search of my holy grail.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2003 6:13:00 PM More reviews by Kogyaru_Geisha

Great mascara! I got this for Christmas. It's easy to apply (from the beginning to the end of the lash) and I found it to dry quite quickly on me. It lenghtens nicely and it doesn't clump, even though I apply it by zigzags... And great thing!! : generally by now the other mascaras I buy are dried out... It's still as fresh as the first day. And yeah the packaging is great and lovable... ;)

rated 2 of 5 on 4/28/2003 9:26:00 AM More reviews by blue_velvet

after hearing all the hype abt how this works wonders,it doesn't really live up to it imo.
it was smudgy and clumpy and it wasn't doing its job of thickening my lashes despite its lengthening properties was obvious.
this wasn't worth the hefty price tag & boy was i glad i got this in trial size!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/25/2003 5:06:00 PM More reviews by Kaalexa

I used Definicils for years because I just assumed that drugstore brands wouldn't be as good, but there are drugstore brands that are just as good. Don't get me wrong, this is a GREAT mascara, but it's not worth the price. However, stay away from the waterproof version. The waterproof version was just way to hard to remove and the original stays on just as long and doesn't smudge.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2003 11:40:00 AM More reviews by hipchecl

This is my standby favorite mascara for years, and I am a mascara fiend. I have tried all the Lancome mascaras, and I like several but this is my favorite. I am amazed that it is not a "waterproof" formula and yet never smudges on me, which virtually all mascaras incl. waterproof do. It makes my lashes so long, and I am always getting asked what mascara I use. I prefer the gwp, and I do roll the brush on a tissue before I apply. I like that it takes a while to dry, as that gives me time to reinforce the curl with my finger. While I have found that some Loreal mascaras have the same effect, they smudge on me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2003 10:37:00 AM More reviews by misspris26

I used this for years, especially when I worked for Lancome. It works well but it is very stiff and hard on the lashes. Once I discovered Maybelline full-n-soft I stopped using this!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2003 11:30:00 PM More reviews by suezq22

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This mascara really does what it says. It separates and defines the lashes, and does not give you dreaded racoon eyes. Has always been my favorite, but for some reason the GWP size is better. If the price is too scary, try Lash Discovery by Maybelline. It does almost the same for about 1/3 the cost.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/22/2003 7:47:00 PM More reviews by juicycouture101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought a brand-new, fresh tube of Definincils. I was very disappointed. Most mascaras, even the clumpiest, look OK when I move the brush from side to side while applying them, but this looked clumpy no matter what, and it took forever to dry and ended up on my cheeks. For me, it wasn't worth the money.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/21/2003 7:31:00 PM More reviews by ouisch

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I know this is the world's favourite mascara, so I'll proceed with caution. This mascara did not work for me. I was sad that I spent $26 CAN to purchase it, it came so highly recommended. There was too much product on the brush. It made my nice eyelashes into One. Big. Lash. Not a good look for me. It semmed to be a lot of work to apply. And it transferrs/photocopies. Too bad for me. :( Actually, no, this is a good thing, because I can't afford to buy a $26 mascara all the time, so I'm glad I hated it. :)