August 27, 2014 | 1840 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Definicils Mascara

rated 3 of 5 on 4/25/2003 5:06:00 PM More reviews by Kaalexa

I used Definicils for years because I just assumed that drugstore brands wouldn't be as good, but there are drugstore brands that are just as good. Don't get me wrong, this is a GREAT mascara, but it's not worth the price. However, stay away from the waterproof version. The waterproof version was just way to hard to remove and the original stays on just as long and doesn't smudge.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2003 11:40:00 AM More reviews by hipchecl

This is my standby favorite mascara for years, and I am a mascara fiend. I have tried all the Lancome mascaras, and I like several but this is my favorite. I am amazed that it is not a "waterproof" formula and yet never smudges on me, which virtually all mascaras incl. waterproof do. It makes my lashes so long, and I am always getting asked what mascara I use. I prefer the gwp, and I do roll the brush on a tissue before I apply. I like that it takes a while to dry, as that gives me time to reinforce the curl with my finger. While I have found that some Loreal mascaras have the same effect, they smudge on me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2003 10:37:00 AM More reviews by misspris26

I used this for years, especially when I worked for Lancome. It works well but it is very stiff and hard on the lashes. Once I discovered Maybelline full-n-soft I stopped using this!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2003 11:30:00 PM More reviews by suezq22

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This mascara really does what it says. It separates and defines the lashes, and does not give you dreaded racoon eyes. Has always been my favorite, but for some reason the GWP size is better. If the price is too scary, try Lash Discovery by Maybelline. It does almost the same for about 1/3 the cost.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/22/2003 7:47:00 PM More reviews by juicycouture101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought a brand-new, fresh tube of Definincils. I was very disappointed. Most mascaras, even the clumpiest, look OK when I move the brush from side to side while applying them, but this looked clumpy no matter what, and it took forever to dry and ended up on my cheeks. For me, it wasn't worth the money.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/21/2003 7:31:00 PM More reviews by ouisch

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I know this is the world's favourite mascara, so I'll proceed with caution. This mascara did not work for me. I was sad that I spent $26 CAN to purchase it, it came so highly recommended. There was too much product on the brush. It made my nice eyelashes into One. Big. Lash. Not a good look for me. It semmed to be a lot of work to apply. And it transferrs/photocopies. Too bad for me. :( Actually, no, this is a good thing, because I can't afford to buy a $26 mascara all the time, so I'm glad I hated it. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/21/2003 10:14:00 AM More reviews by gingerleigh

I received the sample with my LAncome purchase and really liked the small brush and the formula didn't clump my lashes. When I bought the full size it was like a diffrent mascara! It clumps..is hard to put on...and I am not impressed with it at all. I find myself going for the sample in my makeup bag. I wouldn't purchase it again

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2003 1:14:00 AM More reviews by Suzy_h

This is my HG mascara. Reading the reviews, I feel I must comment as I thought some were a bit unfair. Every product has a specific consistency and purpose and if you get it but want it to do something else, it is not the product's fault. Yes it is wet and glossy. It contains no fibers. It is *not* a thickening mascara it's sole purpose it to make your lashes long. The glossiness makes them appear so much more natural and not clumpy. I get my lashes so long with this stuff I can't wear my sunglasses! It dries just fine and doesn't smudge during the day. The black is a beautiful real dark black. Yep Im very happy with this stuff (not too much else of Lancome's though :P)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/20/2003 8:38:00 PM More reviews by kucing

Definicils sucks! I decided to give this one a try after reading the great reviews on it, but it seriously has only negative effects on my lashes! The brush is so wet and glossy it made a huge MESS of my entire eyes!!! I constantly had to comb through my lashes with a comb, and that didn't help much. I'd used Flextencils before this, which I thought was quite OK, although my personal fave is admittedly Maybelline Volum'Express. I might consider trying out Magnificils, since it probably has a similar effect to the Maybelline one.

UPDATE: I have tried in vain to make this mascara work during the past 4 weeks, but it just won't. So what I have done now is to initially apply 2 coats of Magnificils, and THEN use the Definicils at the tips of my lashes. It works!!! I get long and natural-looking lashes with this combination with little clumping and no flaking! That's why I upgrade this mascara from 1 to 3 lippies!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2003 7:48:00 AM More reviews by alison81

I'm not a big mascara expert, but this seems to work well for me. I have quite long lashes, so I wasn't after a mascara that did too much (if that makes sense). This mascara really does seperate my eyelashes very well, and it's not clumpy at all. Whilst I'm very happy with this, it hasn't stopped me from looking around for another mascara. It's a still a great product though.