BeneFit Cosmetics BADgal Lash

3.1

on 6/18/2008 4:42:00 PM

An OK product, it gives a natural look rather than full volume. You can build up volume (it didn't clump on me) but it's hard work, it takes a few applications and the end result isn't as good as what you'd get from one layer of a good volume mascara e.g. Diorshow.

Good points:
- great "true black" colour,
- perfect lash coating (thicker at the base and thinner at the ends, no joining the lashes),
- it doesn't clump,
- it can be layered 2-3 times, even before drying
- no visible flaking,
- comfortable to wear (no irritation or stiff lashes).

Bad points:
- it doesn't hold the curl for too long,
- it smudges a bit,
- not a great deal of length or volume.
This mascara would be good for people wanting natural, defined eyelashes for everyday.

on 6/17/2008 12:38:00 PM

Overall, I wasn't too impressed with this mascara. It clumped most of my lashes. To be honest, I prefer my L'Oreal Volumizing Mascara over this. I wouldn't be so mad if the price wasn't so expensive for such an OK product.

on 6/16/2008 5:30:00 PM

Love it! The best mascara I have ever tried! I have been using it for about two weeks and I am never looking back!! It goes on, it stays on, my lashes stay soft instead of getting stiff but it give my eye lashes lift and volume I never knew I could get. You can keep building by putting on additional coats and it never gets clumpy no matter how many you put on!

My favorite mascara! The ginormous brush can be a pain to deal with at first, but now I've gotten the hang of it I truly believe that's the secret to Bad Gal Lash's awesome. (Not that I have much to go on. It's mostly big brush-->Bad Gal--> awesome! and itty-bitty brush-->Great Lash---> EPIC SUCK. But still.)

Although I assumed from the name that it would be clumpy, smudgy, and generally very appropriate for pairing with kohl and a leather jacket, it actually really defines my lashes and never smudges. It also makes them look longer and thicker.

on 6/13/2008 12:20:00 PM

i've always had problems with cheap drugstore mascaras so when i discovered this mascara about 6 years ago, i never looked back.
yes, it's expensive, and yes the brush is HUGE which some people dislike (but i LOVE) and yes, you do end up getting some one your eyelid but that happens to me with any size brush so i've gotten into the habbit of applying my mascara first, using a damp q-tip to clean up any mess and then doing light touch-ups after applying my liner and shadow if need be (works like a charm).
the colour is a rich dark black (so no grey/brownish tones here) and it provides a LOT of volume without clumping my lashes together. my lashes stay clearly defined and somewhat lengthened and it doesn't make my lashes feel stiff or plasticy or sticky which a lot of other mascaras (even expensive ones) do.
it's easy to take off at the end of the day with some warm water and soap or make-up remover.
my only problem is that it's slightly more money than i'd like to pay every few months (but it's totally worth it for good mascara) and that i find it does flake off a bit so i never wear it on my lower lashes. if benefit would make this into a waterproof version (or a flakeless version) it'd be my perfect mascara!

on 6/11/2008 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This mascara didn't do anything for me!! It is a bit over priced!! I def. would not buy this again!!

I'm very surprised i've never reviewed this because i love this mascara! Its definitely one of my favorites, as it lengthens and thickens brilliantly! The only thing i will complain about is that the brush is a little too big and i'm apt to make to odd mistake, which is a bit annoying but it is a great mascara!

on 6/10/2008 9:41:00 AM

I love this mascara. I have straight, thin lashes. I curl them first, use the primer from loreal double extend waterproof mascara and then apply this. It's really black, black which i love. I don't like brown mascara. It makes my lashes long and full which is a hard task. It doesnt flake or smudge. This is my HG mascara. I've tried them all, really I have.

EDIT: I loved this mascara but it dried up after about 6 weeks every time and also when my eyes watered it got in my undereye area. Maybelline Full and Soft is my new HG believe it or not. Who new!

on 6/10/2008 4:27:00 AM

not bad, but I am not one for the HUGE brush although if benefit were to shrink this baby down it would be such a lovely brush. formula is eh, could be improved but good.

on 6/10/2008 1:36:00 AM

I picked up this mascara after hearing so many good things about it. It is definitely worth $19. Great-great product but the only thing it didnít make my lashes thick enough for my taste, but I just started using primer, so that pretty much took care of it! It made my lashes super long, super black and super full! Great buy! I will purchase again without a doubt. It is also works great over Cover girl Lash Blast, or Diorshow, you will get false eyelash look, trust me!
It doesnít smudge, run or dries out. Brush a little big, but nothing to worry about, little practice and you will be good to go!
Go get this awesome product!

Top Rated BeneFit Cosmetics Products