August 27, 2014 | 1865 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - BADgal Lash

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2008 1:25:00 PM More reviews by smallgreenbirds

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I did not buy this product, my best friend unfortunately did and found this particular mascara did nothing for her. So, she decided to just give it to me because I'm obessed with eyelashes. Anyway, I have basically every mascara there is including this mascara's rival DiorShow which I absolutely hated. I have medium length eyelashes - after curling, coating with Bad Gal waiting a few seconds, combing out any clumps with my metal eyelash comb re-curling close to the root and reapplying I was very pleased. The fat brush I find gives a my lashes a very "thick" look which is hard to find these days. I am very pleased with this product and happy that it didn't work for my friend, because I got this mascara for free! Try only if you want a very good lengthening eyelash look.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/27/2008 1:24:00 AM More reviews by Geewhiz02

worst mascara ever. my loreal voluminous works better than this. my lashes are normal length, yet this shit does not lengthen nor volumize. it really sucks guys, don't buy this. i can only recall one time that it actually worked for me, i don't know what i did but it gave me beautiful lashes, but this was only once. not to mention 5 minutes later my lashes started to weigh down and undo the curl so it sucked either way. anyway, this mascara does not hold a curl, it practically does nothing. so yeah, what a waste. ROAR!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/26/2008 11:12:00 PM More reviews by dunkamoose

I was really excited to try this product because I thought it would make my naturally really long light brown eyelashes dark and thick. I have a ton of eyelashes but they aren't plumped up like I would like them to be. This mascara was awkward to uses because the wand was enormous making it hard to get to the lashes in the corner of my eye as well as my lower lashes. Especially my lower lashes since they are very long, and the wand is very hard to control so I would end up with mascara all over my under eyes making me look like a raccoon. This mascara did not clump or flake, but I find it is the more volumizing formulas that do that, which is what I expect. It didn't seem to matter how many coats of this mascara I applied, none of them gave my eyelashes that dramatic look I was hoping for. I have found myself always returning to Lancome Hypnose, but I hope that I will find another mascara to replace this one, because I find that it dries up fairly fast and doesn't last as long as many of my other mascaras.

So pros: No clumps, or flakes, great eye catching packaging. No strong perfumey smell.

Cons: No added volume, thickness, or length, does not support curl like other mascaras, huge wand that's hard to use, and does not add volume no matter how many coats used.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2008 4:33:00 PM More reviews by Janae78

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Okay, I have just tried Great Lash again, thinking that there must be something wrong with me. Allure gave it an award and apparently makeup artists everywhere love it. I don't. I keep going back to Bad Gal. I love the fat brush and the way my eyelashes look thick and long when I use it. It did take some getting use to for my lower lashes, though. I tried DiorShow, and I didn't feel like it had anything over Badgal, even though it is about $5 more. I've tried so many mascaras, hoping that I could find one as good as Badgal for a drugstore price. I just can't. I've never used fake lashes, but I really do feel like mine are pumped up about double when I use Badgal. I need to just buckle down and keep buying it; Benefit has some free shipping sales during the year and when they do I need to buy a couple. This time I bought it on ebay for $18. If only Benefit was at the mall. :)

rated 2 of 5 on 4/21/2008 9:20:00 PM More reviews by blacktimes21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a good concept for a mascara- superthick, superblack mascara in a cute fat tube; but there is really much better for a lesser price out there. I have a problem with how much it makes my lashes droop. It pulls the curl right out, and to top it off, it runs and smudges very easily. Not worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2008 12:51:00 PM More reviews by solvinate

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was at Sephora the other day and was looking for a volumizing mascara. I found this one on the mascara end cap. The big fat brush is what caught my eye. I paid about $20 for this mascara.

Other users' reviews mentioned the racoon eyes that results after a few hours wear. The first time I used it, I used it without a primer and applieda rund 8AM. By 1PM there were dark circles under my eyes. I wiped off the excess and by the time I got home, it looked like a lot of the mascara had worn off, disappears into thin air. I did not notice any flaking.

The next time I used this product, I paired it with Lancone Cils Booster XL. The primer definitly helped the marscara stay throughout the day as well as hold a curl. By the end of the day there was minimal dark circles.

As for the large brush, I found that it really helped with volume and length. The long bristles distributed the product through all my lashes and did not disrupt the curl.

While I would not say this is my HG of mascara I would buy it again, but only after trying some other brands.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/19/2008 11:18:00 PM More reviews by taffyx3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was excited to try out this mascara and I'm just a tad bit disappointed in it. First of all it is definatly NOT a long lasting mascara. It's great for parties and formal events though. I noticed that when I wore this I would have raccoon eyes at the end of the day, which is one of the reasons why I dislike this product. I must say though that I adore the packaging. Like all Benefit products the packaging is always adorable and this is no exception. I know many people have a problem with the brush but for me personally I have no problem with it. I actally like it! The only reason I am buying it again is to purchase the black one (I have the blue one). I will update if something comes up.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2008 2:30:00 PM More reviews by tracifacey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really loved this mascara. I mostly used it when I was going out, the brush was very big, so I had to be careful not to get it all over my eyelid, but other than that I think it worked fabulous. I usually layered it over a lash primer, I found that made it easier to see where I was going with the brush.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2008 3:01:00 PM More reviews by BRANDI7013

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Crappy mascara! The brush is so big that it would take me forever to put on because I was alway afraid of poking my eye out. It did nothing dramatic. And, for the price I would never repurchase! Well, even if it was 99 cents, I still wouldn't repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2008 7:40:00 AM More reviews by curlylaura

I have this in Auborgine/Eggplant. I love it. I have never had mascara that's any colour other than brown/black. It makes my lashes long and full, isn't clumpy and my lashes don't stick together. It also makes my green eyes stand out more than my standard mascara.