September 22, 2014 | 1796 users online

Mascara - Clinique - High Impact Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2005 3:12:00 AM More reviews by 01234

Update****I feel like they changed the formula. This used to never smudge, but now I notice that it does. It also doesn't hold the curl from my eyelash curler as well as it used to. I'd rather by less expensive, drugstore mascara now that it doesn't seem to do what it used to. I still love how it builds upon itself. What a shame.

Update**** This mascara NEVER smudges. It lasts all day.

Original review**** Perfect. I couldn't ask for anything more in a mascara. I think how this is applied has a lot to do with whether you'll like it or not. I just kinda attack my lashes with this, and end up with cutey flirty lashes. Can't believe it doesn't have better reviews. Give it a try, give it time to get use to it, and you'll love it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2005 12:31:00 PM More reviews by Tanjas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I think this is a quite good mascara. It won't give you the volume and thichness it promises, but a nice every day look. I wish it would also be available in brown color, not just black and dark brown. The finish is nice, natural and slightly glossy. I wouldn't buy it (received it as a gift) because it doesn't give me enough volume, but it's still a nice maskara. My favourite mascaras are still L'oreal Le Grand Curl, Volume 4x and Rimmel Exaggerate.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2005 11:27:00 AM More reviews by QueenB2784

I have very long, curly lashes and this seemed to shorten them if that is possible! They didn't look as long and lush as normal and they seemed shorter and stubbier! It was not what I expected and I will not be buying this again!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/25/2005 10:20:00 AM More reviews by bubblegum83

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is water resistant, so it does run quite a bit from perspiration or tears. I like mascara that make my lashes hard, so that it will stand. This does not give me the effect I want. I don't recommend this for Asians with small eyes and short lashes. Check out Lash Power by Clinique instead.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2005 7:57:00 AM More reviews by ChocolateSauce

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It does do what it claims - makes lashes incredibly thicker!!! But for me, unfortunately as i have sensitive eyes it is a little irritating after a while. Got this product as a free gift with purchase, i wouldn't pay 12.50 for this.

Removal is a pain, as you get loads of little particles INSIDE your eye. Eeeuuuwww!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2005 9:56:00 PM More reviews by lindaaaaa

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

got this as a GWP -- very satisfied with results however i think i can achieve the same look with maybelline or l'oreal for a much better price. volumes and lengthens to an extent but does not give the dramatic 'false eyelash' look i am constantly seeking

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2005 8:54:00 PM More reviews by Stiny

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Well i got this in a gift pack and it's really good and doesn't clump for me...nothing special, but nothing's ever really special these days and if it is you'd have to pay like $500000 for it. I liked it, although im not sure how much it costs so i don't know if its worth it. Definetly better than the drugstore stuff though

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2005 5:11:00 AM More reviews by fashion_junkie111

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

hey! i'm an aussie girl but i get my dad to get me clinique stuff in the US cause its WAY cheaper!!! More than 25% saving. Anyhoo, about the mascara.. i think it's really good. i have two from gift packs one's reeeally small and the others a more realistic size. i have long eyelashes but they're light brown with blonde tips so when i wear this out my friends are like WOW you have eyelashes .. haha .. i recommend you buy this it's really good and it's 100& clump free. Good luck!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2005 10:13:00 AM More reviews by Ajziz

I don't think this mascara did anything speciall w/ my lashes, it just added some color. For the price I paid, I would've wanted a better mascara!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2005 7:03:00 PM More reviews by SueD

I have tried all the major department store mascaras such as Darphin, Yves St. Laurent, Dior, and Helena Rubenstein trying to find my holy grail. On impulse recently I decided to try Clinique's High Impact mascara and have been surprisingly impressed. This stuff is great! No flaking, no clumping, goes on smoothly, great brush, and it lasts well. Who would have thought of Clinique for great mascara?