Clinique High Impact Mascara

3.6

water, copernicia cerifera (caranuba) wax, stearic acid, glyceryl stearate, polyisobutene, silica, acrylates copolymer, aminomethyl propanediol, vp/eicosene copolymer, sodium hyaluronate, lauroyl lysine, pantethine, melanin, panthenol, hydrolyzed wheat protein, ethylhexylglycerin, hydroxyethylcellulose, calcium aluminum borosilicate, pvp, propylene clycol, acacia senegal gum, isostearic acid, simethicone, dimethicone peg-8 polyacrylate, urea, disodium edta, bht, sodium dehydroacetate, methylparaben, ethylparaben, propylparaben, isobutylparaben, phenoxyethanol, benzyl alcohol, [ /- iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499), mica, titanium dioxide (ci 77891), blue 1 lake (ci 42090), aluminum powder (ci 77000), carmine (ci 75470), chromium oxide greens (ci 77288), yellow 5 lake (ci 19140), chromium hydroxide green (ci 77289), bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163), bronze powder (ci 77400), ultramarines (ci 77007), ferric ferrocyanide (ci 77510)] [iln 30012]

on 5/11/2005 9:47:00 PM

This mascara is all right...I have to agree with the previous reviewer. When I first used it, it was great - nice, dark colour and separated my lashes quite nicely. However, after a few more uses, it starts getting too chunky and clumps my lashes together. It's easy to wash off if I accidently touch my skin...but just a little bit of tears will make this stuff run (although it's easy to wash the run-off mascara off too). I find that I can't apply more than 2 coats or else it'll look really weird. Weighed down my lashes the first few uses. Costs more than other more effective drug store mascaras I've used. Got this as a bonus but I probably won't buy again.

on 5/11/2005 4:51:00 PM

I received this mascara as a GWP. The first couple of times I used the mascara, I really liked it. It went on heavy and made my lashes look dramatic and thick. However, soon after I began using it, I noticed that when I would apply it, there would be big globs of mascara on the wand, and when I would screw the lid back down, the mascara would seep out on the sides. -- not sure if it did this because it was a mini size as most GWPs are, but I have decided that I will not purchase the full-size product for fear that it could have the same results.

on 5/6/2005 7:33:00 AM

I got a couple of samples of this in various GWPs (why do they always give out freebies in black?!) and decided to give it a try. I like a false-lash effect and have previously used ELs Magnascopic and hoped this might do much the same but with less mess. It did! Both mascaras have quite a runny texture that helps to reduce the clumps but I found the Magnascopic quite difficult to apply and it tended to smudge and flake during the day. They've done much better with this one though, great long lashes, easy to apply, lasts well but removes easily. Everything I could wish for! My only gripe, you do need to wipe the wand on the top of the botle the first few time otherwise there's just too much product.

on 5/5/2005 2:23:00 AM

Oh my God! This is like the best mascara ever!!!! Now, after using Lancome's Hypnose, I thought that I would never buy another kind of dramatic mascara ever again. But, then I decided that I wanted waterproof so that I would get all day wear and then some. However, Hypnose at the time didn't come in waterproof. So, then about 7 months ago I discovered Maybelline's Turbo Volume Express, which I thought was the most amazing mascara I ever tired. It totally gave me the false lash look. Now, forward 6 months later. My lashes are short and brittle and dried out. So, I decided to try a sample of High Impact. Everyone around me always raved about it, but I was always like, ehhh, Clinique's mascara? Yeah, right. BUT OH MY GOD!!! They were soooo right! This is the most dramatic regular mascara I have ever tried! It is smudgeproof and doesn't flake off. Even after I'm dripped w/ sweat during a workout, my lashes are still PERFECT!!! Now, you might be thinking, this girl hasn't tried all that has been out there, so else why would she be saying Clinque? Well, I have also tried Benefit Bad Gal (Hated it w/ a passion, huge brush (which I loved, horrible mascara), Estee Lauder's Magnascopic, YSL Cils, Chanel Cils a Cils, L'oreal Voluminous (which sucks to me), Lancome Definicils (did nothing) and Dior Show (which was okay). High Impact is a fabulous mascara where you an just do two coats and you're set to go. I wear it in black, which is as black of a mascara as you can get. TRUST ME! This is definately a must have!!!! I LOVE CLINIQUE HIGH IMPACT!!!!!

on 5/3/2005 10:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Not really any better than drug store mascara....Still looking for my HG...

on 5/3/2005 10:05:00 PM

Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure

I got a sample of this and thought I'd write that I was NOt impressed at all. High impact my a&&!

on 5/3/2005 5:00:00 PM

i really hate this and all clinique mascaras i have tried. they all come right off at the slightest hint of moisture and i always end up with racoon eyes within a few hours no matter which ones i try. they also don't do much for my lashes, and usually turn greyish. i love clinique lipstick and skincare, but their mascaras are terrible.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This was the worst mascara I have ever tried, and actually the most expensive mascara I've ever tried. I've always been the drug-store type, because the prices are decent and the products I buy meet my expectations. So when a friend gave me the "free gift" that Clinique offered when she bought a product, I was all over it. One of the products was High Impact Mascara, and it was the worst mascara I have ever tried in my entire life. I unscrewed the cap and pulled out the brush and saw how messy it was. SO MUCH GLOBBY MASCARA was just...globbed onto the brush, so much that I had to wipe lots of it off. I curled my lashes like I always do and then put this mascara on. I knew it would be messy and globby, so I used a light touch, but the stuff still came on unevenly and globby. My lashes were unnaturally dark and clumpy, and then I noticed that my beautiful curl in my lashes was gone. The thick mascara had totally weighed them down. I wish I could put a picture online so everyone could see how terrible my eyelashes looked.

If you want a messy, globby, clumpy mascara that makes your eyelashes completely straight and flat, try this!

on 4/24/2005 4:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I've been on a hunt to finding my perfect mascara. Unfortunatly this isn't it, but when I was using it, I was still satisfied. It builds nicely, doesn't clump very much. Easy to wash off, but doesn't flake off or anything. The problem was it didn't hold my curls, so so it didn't do much more for my tiny asian eyelashes than the other mascaras i've tried.

on 4/23/2005 6:12:00 PM

If my eyelids can get infected by mascara, they do get infected. My eyes are super-sensitive to something in mascaras. I buy Clinique almost exclusively because they're hypoallergenic. Never bother me. I like the High Impact because it looks natural and it's not clumply. It doesn't rub off either. Good stuff...