November 27, 2014 | 1502 users online

Mascara - Clinique - High Impact Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2005 8:59:00 PM More reviews by ladypenelope04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This mascara works great for me. I have long, fine lashes and it plumps them without clumping. It is definatly a one coat mascara- it is gel-like so it takes a moment to dry.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/2/2005 5:40:00 PM More reviews by lilandrea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i recieved this as a gwp and i think i like it... its s little gloopy if you put too much on but it does the job ;)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/2/2005 4:58:00 PM More reviews by EvelynK

This is a decent mascara. I wish I was more positive about it but it doesn't measure up to my previous mascara, Lancome Definicils. It's still pretty good, lightweight, not full of clumps and it makes the lashes a little longer. But it's no Definicils.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2005 1:07:00 PM More reviews by Shelleybell71

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this when it first came out, and it became my HG. That was before I discovered Lancome Hypnose. Then I moved on to YSL Faux Cils which is what I use now. But anyway I got a GWP size of this and now I think I really like it again. It's also much cheaper than YSL. I think you have to let it thicken up a little bit to get the full effect. I am going to try YSL on one eye, and this on the other eye to figure out which one I like the best.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2005 4:13:00 PM More reviews by fairylis

Very nice mascara for those looking for something dramatic. Makes my lashes really dark and lush with a slight curl. But even though it doesn't smudge, it flakes into my contact lenses. :-(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2005 12:53:00 PM More reviews by sally2002

This is a very schizophrenic mascara. If you use one of the mini GWP tubes that Clinique hands out, you probably won't like it - it gets really clumpy really quickly. But then I got a much larger tube as a GWP and it was great! Made my lashes lovely and thick with no clumps at all. So try the bigger size, definitely - this is a keeper for a good "office" mascara (I have really tiny eyelashes and need all the help I can get). The only problem I have with this is that it might not work well in the summertime because it's not even remotely waterproof.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2005 10:04:00 PM More reviews by keahi

I for one really like this mascara--builds volume and gives a dramatic effect. I didn't find that it clumped, smudged, or flaked so it's good in my book.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2005 9:24:00 AM More reviews by migrithea

This is the best Mascara I have tried. It goes on nicely without clumping and it doesn't give me raccoon eyes. *EDIT* Fall 2006: I have tried L'Extreme By LANCOME and find it even better + Worth the extra $10.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2005 3:12:00 AM More reviews by 01234

Update****I feel like they changed the formula. This used to never smudge, but now I notice that it does. It also doesn't hold the curl from my eyelash curler as well as it used to. I'd rather by less expensive, drugstore mascara now that it doesn't seem to do what it used to. I still love how it builds upon itself. What a shame.

Update**** This mascara NEVER smudges. It lasts all day.

Original review**** Perfect. I couldn't ask for anything more in a mascara. I think how this is applied has a lot to do with whether you'll like it or not. I just kinda attack my lashes with this, and end up with cutey flirty lashes. Can't believe it doesn't have better reviews. Give it a try, give it time to get use to it, and you'll love it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2005 12:31:00 PM More reviews by Tanjas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I think this is a quite good mascara. It won't give you the volume and thichness it promises, but a nice every day look. I wish it would also be available in brown color, not just black and dark brown. The finish is nice, natural and slightly glossy. I wouldn't buy it (received it as a gift) because it doesn't give me enough volume, but it's still a nice maskara. My favourite mascaras are still L'oreal Le Grand Curl, Volume 4x and Rimmel Exaggerate.