Maybelline Baby Lips Lip Balm

3.6

Polybutene, Octyldodecanol, Isopropyl Myristate, Petrolatum, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Polyethylene, Ozokerite, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter / Shea Butter, Diisostearyl Malate, Candelilla Cera / Candelilla Wax / Cire De Candelilla, Vp/Hexadecene Copolymer, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Parfum / Fragrance, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alumina, Aroma / Flavor, Silica, Isopropyl Palmitate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Limonene, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Benzyl Benzoate, Centella Asiatica Extract, Aluminum Hydroxide, Citral, Linalool, Hexyl Cinnamal, Tin Oxide, Geraniol, Eugenol, Aloe Barbadensis Extract / Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Mel / Honey / Miel, Calcium Pantothenate, Ascorbic Acid, Dimethicone, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate, Atelocollagen. May Contain: CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, MICA, CI 45410 / Red 28 Lake, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 15850 / Red 7, CI 45380 / Red 22 Lake, CI 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake. CI 42090 / Blue 1 Lake, CI 15985 / Yellow 6 Lake, CI 75470 / Carmine].

on 11/8/2011 11:23:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I had seen a favourable review of these on Youtube and decided to grab a couple and check them out. I purchased Energising Orange and Anti-oxidant Berry.
The packaging is super cute! I love the bright colours. Otherwise it's packaged just like any old lip balm with the pull off cap and twisty bottom.
Both of the balms were completely colourless. I was kind of disappointed because I had heard that they were tinted. I guess the product is different in Australia? Despite that the scents are totally delicious. The orange smell is crazy yummy, reminded me of my Orange Fanta Lip Smacker. The berry one is incredibly subtle compared to the orange but it's still pretty nice.
The staying power on these isn't great. I am a lip licker so I am sure the product could last longer on someone else but for me I was reapplying every 30 - 45 minutes.
They moisturise beautifully. My lips have been pretty cracked and dry lately, need to remember to drink more water, and this balm made them feel amazingly soft after just few hours.
It feels super great on the lips, not waxy or thick. It kind of feels like butter to me. Just light and incredibly smooth.
The price on these was crazy good! Just $4 each from Priceline. I was stoked.
All in all I would repurchase and recommend these.

on 11/8/2011 10:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My mom had some and she gave it to me because the color didnt go well with her skin tone, but i love it! It leaves my lips super soft! I read a commercial that said it takes 4 weeks for it to fully work, ive only used it for a day but already im in love with it! also, i agree with the person who said the name is creepy. When i brought it to school i told my friends about how creepy the name was lol. But i would totally reccomend this, it also smells good, but isnt sicky sweet or overpowering. I couldnt really taste the flavor, though (was it suppose to be flavored? im not sure.) but i dont care because it makes my lips not look like a desert in a drought and more like, well, baby lips! (which ya, is kinda creepy, but it works!)

on 11/8/2011 1:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

First, the packaging looks and feels cheap and flimsy. The name is also a little creepy. The product itself, however, is very, very good. I have this in peppermint and peach kiss, and I find that both moisturize my lips extremely well. I haven't needed to reapply frequently at all, and my lips look and feel a lot softer at the end of the day than I have noticed with other lip balms. The peppermint is one of the best peppermint balms I've ever used as the peppermint is noticeable but not in a stinging or you just spilled peppermint schnaaps all over yourself kind of way. Because the peppermint is not tinted I use it more frequently, and I find it gives my lips a nice shine, and it makes them appear more supple and full than they actually are. Peach Kiss is a nice color for me (very light, warm undertones), but I find the flavor/scent a bit odd. It doesn't bother me enough that I won't use the balm; it's really just a strange scent, not necessarily bad. I really did not expect much for such an inexpensive balm (I am accustomed to paying way more for lip balms that moisturize this well), and I was pleasantly surprised. I'm not entirely sure that I would ever buy another lip balm as long as this one is on the market because it really does work that well for me. I am more likely to purchase the Peppermint again over any of the tinted ones because I just really like the Peppermint flavor, but as far as moisturization goes -- they feel the same. I would imagine/hope the others follow suit.

on 11/7/2011 11:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I do not like this because it has to be applied every hour. It's like chapstick with flavor. I'm looking for Revlon Butter sticks but they arent in the stores here yet.

on 11/7/2011 5:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Wait what? This has been out since January? Wow. I'm must've been living under a rock. Ok I got this in Peach. It smells just like a peach and leaves a nice peachy sheen to my lips. I love that it's a balm yet has color and personality. I was quite surprised how much product you actually get. With a lipstick you get less than the length of the tube but with these the product is actually as long as the packaging, if that makes any sense.The packaging is eh, ok but I don't hate it. My 3 yr old is always drawn to it since it's somewhat adolescent looking. I do feel it doesn't have the best staying power but hey I'm all for reapplying since the smell is so yummy. I might buy other colors but I would definately buy this one again.

on 11/7/2011 11:53:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I've been buying into the hype surrounding these new lip products popping up all of a sudden. No placebo- this lip balm makes me a happy little person! I bought the flavor Cherry Me. It's very moisturizing with no waxiness, and the moisture lasts alot longer than with, say, Chapstick (though I have mad love for Cherry Chapstick). The dewy shine and tint this balm gives me is better than probably any tinted balm I've ever tried, and it makes my lips feel plump, soft, smooth and kissable. This particular flavor smells cherry-ish, but has no bad taste. In fact, to me, it has no flavor at all, which is probably a good thing.
The packaging is incredibly adorable and eye-catching, and the bright colors make it easy to find in a purse. However, the plastic tube feels a bit flimsy and I'm worried it might crack under pressure, say if I have it in a back pocket and accidentally sit on it.
Other than that, I can't get enough of this balm and will definitely repurchase. It's a bit too pricey for a stick of lip balm, but I guess you're mostly paying for packaging anyway. Meh. I <3 it.

on 11/6/2011 6:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love the shine that this lip balm brings to my lips. It also moisturizes them well, my lips are really soft and never crack/peel anymore. It smells nice too, and has cute packaging. The one problem I have with this is that it tastes awful..it tastes like sunblock if you get any in your mouth. I don't think I'll buy this again because I want to try out other products after I finish using this(and it looks like it'll take a while to finish) and hopefully find one that moisturizes as well as this without the awful taste.

Just a thin lightly colored balm on me. It had zero staying power and just made me feel like my lips were even smaller than without it. In my experience this is not a good product at all...threw mine away :(

on 11/6/2011 4:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got this lipstick few ago, l has a 2off qpons for maybelline lip product!!! so total paid 0.97c, I dont mind try a new product a this price, anyways my fav is the peach one, they are really creamy and make my lips really soft, so far I bought 3, I love all of them, just give me the perfect touch color, cuze I dont really like wear real lipstick, o very strong colors :-)

on 11/6/2011 2:11:00 PM

I was in need of some lip balm and came across Baby Lips in a magazine with good reviews. I decided to give it a try and purchased 2. The blue clear one and orange cherry one. It has the perfect texture and makes my lips feel smooth and rejuvinated! The cherry one does come out tinted on your lips, which I do like but makes me wonder if the purple one would leave your lips purple?

Popular Lip Treatments