Maybelline Baby Lips Lip Balm

3.5

Polybutene, Octyldodecanol, Isopropyl Myristate, Petrolatum, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Polyethylene, Ozokerite, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter / Shea Butter, Diisostearyl Malate, Candelilla Cera / Candelilla Wax / Cire De Candelilla, Vp/Hexadecene Copolymer, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Parfum / Fragrance, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alumina, Aroma / Flavor, Silica, Isopropyl Palmitate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Limonene, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Benzyl Benzoate, Centella Asiatica Extract, Aluminum Hydroxide, Citral, Linalool, Hexyl Cinnamal, Tin Oxide, Geraniol, Eugenol, Aloe Barbadensis Extract / Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Mel / Honey / Miel, Calcium Pantothenate, Ascorbic Acid, Dimethicone, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate, Atelocollagen. May Contain: CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, MICA, CI 45410 / Red 28 Lake, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 15850 / Red 7, CI 45380 / Red 22 Lake, CI 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake. CI 42090 / Blue 1 Lake, CI 15985 / Yellow 6 Lake, CI 75470 / Carmine].

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I bought two tinted shades of these. I already have lots of clear lipbalms so I didn't want to bother trying any of those. I bought two of these: Pink pop and Cherry me.
For those of you who tried Revlon lip butters and liked them beware: Lip butters are NOT the same as lip balms! Lip butters are much more pigmented, and can be worn like a lipstick versus tinted lip balms which are basically just lip balms with a subtle touch of color.

Cherry Me (smells like a fresher version of cherry chapstick) goes on sheer with a hint of reddish pink) and pink punch, which I swear smells exactly like Fruit punch, is a cooler toned, softer version of cherry me. I have yet to try the peach and purple shades.

I really like these, I find that they moisturize the lips (Not as great as EOS but better than most run of the mill lip balms) but don't have a super greasy texture to them, so you can apply lipstick over top without having it slide around (Like after applying a lip smackers) I like that they add color to my pale lips in the winter time, but they don't expect super pigmetation.

This product is great! it has not dried out my lips, in fact they feel softer...ive been obsessing over these for a month or so and i finally got one and i am not going back...pink punch is bright so i would not recommend it if you like an au naturale look

My mom bought a few of these on a whim, not knowing the hype surrounding them, and hated them. They dried out her lips horribly and so she passed them on to me. The ones I have tried are peppermint and pink punch. I'll discuss them seperately.

I tried peppermint first and was suprised that it wasn't very minty at all. If you're sensitive to scents you might be interested in that. For me, it was disappointing. I tried it throughout the day and a few hours in began to realize that I was reapplying it far more often than I typically reapply other lip balms. It was totally drying out my lips. I applied it before bed and when I woke up 9 hours later my lips were destroyed. The skin on my lips was shrunken and rough, almost to the point of being sharp. Not only that but my top lip was cracked on the right side and it felt like an open wound all day. I went back to my favorite chapstick that day and the crack/tear/wound healed in a few days.

I tried pink punch a few weeks later because, after trying revlon lipbutters, I am drawn to tinted balms. I have pigmented lips, so the fact that this showed up at all is remarkable, though it pretty much only changed the tone of my lips. I wasn't impressed. What was impressive was how drying it was. I applied pink punch (multiple layers, really thick) and then went to the bathroom for a cotton ball (I live in a small house and my bedroom is, quite literally, across the hall from the bathroom). By the time I had gotten a cotton ball and sat back down in my vanity chair my lips were severely dried out.

Idk if it's just genetics, or what, but this stuff is the anti-lip balm for me.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I really like this product!!! It is supposed to be a lip 'plumper', but it also moisturizes your lips as well! I have the original lip balm, which is 'Quenched'. I really like the smell, and it goes on smoothly. I got it at Bed, Bath, & Beyond for about a $1.99, so it's really cheap and worth the money.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I really love this product. With that said, I think loving it depends on choosing the right one for you. I currently own 4 of the 6 that they make (05 Quenched, 20 Grape Vine, 25 Pink Punch, and 30 Peach Kiss). The first one that I purchased was Grape Vine. I wasn't sure what MayBelline meant by tinted, so I tried to play it safe by choosing the color that would look the most natural on me if it was highly pigmented and I chose right. Grape Vine just kind of deepens my natural lip color, which is more of a blue-red than a purple. (I should mention that I am not a huge fan of traditional lipsticks, because, though I wear a good amount of makeup, I think lipstick is what really makes you look "made-up," which I don't really like. I also have extremely dry lips, which have lost most of their color in the last few years and have just started to look generally dehydrated.) As far as the moisturizing goes, it's great when the product is on, but doesn't last after it comes off, very much unlike the color which tends to sink into my lips and give them much needed color even after the feel is gone. The other colors are not my favorite. I saw Peach Kiss on a tutorial and it looked really nice, so I bought it, but the color is a little too subdued for me--it might be good for someone who has a little more color naturally in their lips. Pink Punch, to me, is a very bright, bubble gum pink, which is not really ideal with my coloring. I'm interested in trying the cherry (can't remember what it's called, maybe very cherry), but I'm worried that it will be too red or too bright like the pink. That is one thing to keep in mind, these are colored, but they have more of the effect of making your lips look like they are just naturally that color. Just make sure you choose the right color for you.

This sucks. Sorry. My lips peel from this and it tastes like sunscreen. Eww.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I have only two so far 1) Cherry Me *super red* 2) Pink Punch *bright pink*. To me I like Cherry me better it has the best tint and smells AH-MAZING!! The package is real pretty too. Plus it's moisturizing which by my mind is AH-MAZING!!

I bought this for my 10 yr old daughter. I tried it on myself and it's not bad at all for a $3.00 drugstore lipbalm. She liked it so much that she recommended it to her friends. Great little lipbalm and very cute tube. I love the colors.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this because of the super cute packaging, didn't expect too much from a Maybelline balm. I usually favor Nivea's pure and natural series, or Kiehl's. However, this one has been really surprising. Perfect texture, not too waxy or creamy, and sits really well. It feels thin, but really moisturizing lips, unlike some which just sit ontop. No way it lasts 8 hours, but it does last pretty well (a few hours?). I got this in peppermint, and Im going to get pink punch or the peach soon :D.

The packaging is very colorful and cute. I got this in Peppermint. It's very light on the Peppermint unlike most chapsticks and lip balms. It feels very thin on my lips. Which i like! My lips feel very nautrally moist when i wear this, not like i have ten layers of goopy chapstick on. Since it's thin, I don't mind having to reapply this often, im sort of religious at constantly applying lip balms anyway. But for those "it has to last 8 hours or it sucks!" kind of people this is not really all that long lasting. I look forward to trying the pigmented shades!

Popular Lip Treatments