September 19, 2014 | 1747 users online

Lip Treatments - Maybelline - Baby Lips Lip Balm

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2011 7:47:00 AM More reviews by StellaBells

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I will happily confess that I am a lip balm/gloss freak! Even as I struggle to close my make up case, any time I spot a nice smelling, pretty looking, cheap lip product, I snap it up.
I heard the hype about this product, and in need of a good everyday lip balm, I bought it. I liked the price (only $4) and the nice look of the packaging.
It had a yummy smell, but as soon as I put some on, it smelled quite different, more synthetic and unpleasant. However, I stand behind it. It definitely helps my lips, as long as I put it on a few times a day. It leaves my lips looking smooth, soft and (thankfully!) crack-free.
For the care my lips get, I can overlook the smell!
Depending what's on the market in the future, I would probably by this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2011 6:37:00 AM More reviews by Sharkzilla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought the Menthol one as I'm not too keen on cherry, orange or berry scented things. I really love it. It makes my lips feel smooth and is a great base for under lip sticks or glosses.

It does make my lips tingle a bit which I like :) The Menthol taste does hang around though. I've quite often been eating and suddenly get quite a minty burst lol.

Other than that, it's a really nice balm. Stays on for a good amount of time, smells nice, feels nice and is relatively cheap!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2011 6:14:00 AM More reviews by cherryellie

Well I first bought this lip balm in Anti-Oxidant Berry when I was with a friend. I doubt it really has any anti-oxidant berries in it (correct me if I'm wrong), that's just the fragrance. I was completely addicted to this product that I used so much and my lips actually started stinging haha! The fragrance doesn't last for very long and basically wears of literally ten minutes after you put it on your lips. I have since used the whole entire tube and I now am onto using Smoothing Cherry, which I like equally the same :) It retails at $4 but I got it for $3, so it wasn't that bad compared to my usual Lip Smackers. The packaging was a bit cheap, just a piece of cardboard with plastic encasing the lip balm, but I can't complain seeing as it was $4. And you can buy it almost anywhere so whenever I finish one I can just go to Priceline, My Chemist, or the supermarket to get a new one :)
Also, it is very long lasting and you only need to apply it about once an hour

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2011 9:38:00 PM More reviews by Obs1d1an

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

I picked this up in Anti-oxidant Berry on a whim at a supermarket checkout. I didn't think much of the packaging, the bright colours makes it look cheap but I'm always on the lookout for good lip balm. I've tried so many so I decided to give it a go.

This is brilliant, I'm so glad I tried it. After a week of using it there is a DEFINITE difference. My lips are super soft as if I've been exfoliating them. I quite like the smell of the berry too.

One thing is the texture of the balm can get a bit mushy towards the end.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2011 1:18:00 PM More reviews by JasMinnie

This lip balm is totally AWESOME!!!

I have tried many balms, including Burt's Bees but this Maybelline balm wins all of 'em hands down!

I have really dry lips that cracks and almost pretty much the whole day. I read about the raves on this new Maybelline balm and since it was cheap, heck, I won't stand to lose much either.

That night I put on the balm and slept with it for a whole 10 hours in an air conditioned room. When I got up the next morning, my lips still remained smooth and soft!
This is definitely gonna be my Holy Grail lip balm!!! I hope Maybelline will never discontinue this for years to come!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/3/2011 5:53:00 AM More reviews by 7fsj

I needed a new lip balm so i bought the Berry one on whim because i loved the packaging. Unlike some of the other reviews, I like the "artificial" smell. The packaging and smell is nice but its really waxy so when you put it on your lips, it doesn't absorb it but leaves a layer on your lips. Personally, i'd say it's a good everyday lip balm not if your lips are sore and dry cos it doesnt really do anything to heal it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2011 4:46:00 AM More reviews by beccyc123

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product to treat my lips that were chapped. I chose the Berry one. As soon as I swiped it across my lips I had a great result! Even though I didn't really like the taste the performance made up for it. The creamy, lightweight texture is a bonus for me as I hate that sticky, overweight feeling on my lips that ChapSticks and Blistex give.
In less than three months I ran out so I raced to the pharmacy to grab some more, This time Menthol. I expected the same results and got even better ones! The Menthol flavour doesn't taste bad and I prefer it. If you are planning on buying this product I recommend purchasing the Menthol flavoured one.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2011 6:54:00 AM More reviews by xningkexinx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This lip balm is awesome . It makes my lips really silky and smooth . I'm still on my first one but almost finished and I gotta say it's one of the first lip balms I can use up quickly . Normally I can't use up a quarter amount of other lip balms . I have the cherry flavour I don't really like the smell because it smells artificial and does not smell like cherry at all . The pricing is very cheap and the packaging doesn't loom very. catchy either . But overall I think this is a great product works really well and its affordable too and will definately be purchasing it again .

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2011 5:18:00 PM More reviews by Spider90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Black

Didn't see any advertisement for this. Let's just start this off by saying I'm a firm believer that lip balm can't HEAL the lips, only prevent chapping and keep them smooth.
. I lost my lip balm, bought the menthol one and it works fantastic. Lips are silky and soft to the touch, it lasts a long time and has no offensive 'feel' or stickiness when it's on. I bought the berry one on a whim because i forgot the other at home (winter, can't risk it!) and my boyfriend says it smells 'sweet sort of like candy' - i personally think it smells awful, it has a really artificial berry smell to it which sort of makes me feel sick when I first apply it. And honestly my sense of smell isn't crazy sensitive and it's very hard with make-up to offend me with the scent of a product. Will be sticking to the menthol one!
Packaging however it pretty cute, one lippy off due to the horrendous smell of the berry one. Menthol one, you're fine. Overall I'd recommend this product to you, MUA'ers!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2011 12:13:00 PM More reviews by blacksheep6293

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Hazel

i originally bought this when it first came out in smoothing cherry on a day where my lips were particularly chapped. i slapped it on during the day and waited for a miracle to happen. As per usual after about an hour i wiped my lips wiith a tissue and my lips were maybe slightly smoother but just as dry as they were. i am also sensitive to taste in products and could taste the spf in the balm. Hmmm. this was then tossed aside. A few weeks ago i won the berry flavour in a maybelline comp and used it before bed. Surprisingly i woke up with lovely smooth, 'baby' lips! I will now be using this hidden gem at nite, so i still reap the benefits and dont wipe it off as well as not tasting the spf