Maybelline Fit Me Foundation

3.0

(Active Ingredient : Octinoxate 7%), Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Isotridecyl Isononanoate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Chlorphenesin, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates Copolymer, Propylparaben, Fragrance, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Aluminium Hydroxide, PEG-9, Ethylparaben, Dipropylene Glycol, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone /- (CI 77891/ Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

This works fine for me, I'm not sure why so many people have problems with it. Yeah, it's not perfect, but for $6 you can't really expect it to be. I use this when I'm not doing anything of importance that day and don't feel like wearing my studio fix fluid. It wears for a decent amount of time for me, but I also use two primers, so that might be why. I have an uneven skintone and am prone to breaking out and I never had a negative side effect but I get the coverage I want. the no pump is annoying, but again, $6, can't expect the world here. oh, and I'm an NW20 and the shade 120 matches me almost perfectly.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I must say that I'm pretty disappointed with this product. The packaging looks really pretty and when first applied it blends smoothly, evenly and gives a super nice dewy look I also like that it has spf 18. However it does not give much coverage and does get pretty darn oily after about two-three hours. This product would be perfect for someone whose skin is on the dry side and doesn't need much coverage. Unfortunately I won't be repurchasing this foundation, just wasn't for me!

on 4/26/2011 2:31:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Wow, how did none of these colours match me?? The lightest one was too light, and the next shade up was too pink, then the next few shades up were all too dark. Beside the whole not being able to wear it because it doesn't match (or should I say, "fit") my skin, the formula was light. The staying power wasn't great but I didn't expect much, and the package could use a pump.

I would not recommend this to anyone with NC15-20 skin. But then again, I'm freakishly yellow so it is already a challenge to match me. Bah!

on 4/26/2011 1:09:00 PM

This wore about four and a half hours on me. I'm glad it was only 5 dollars! It made my skin look crappy and splotchy as it faded.

on 4/25/2011 9:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I'm very, very picky on my foundations i.e. coverage, blending, going with my skintone etc. I've tried lots of foundations and I absolutely LOVE it! I have recently stopped using it because I got too dark for my perfect shade :( but it's defiently something I will keep purchasing and keep around! It had fairly medium coverage but it blended super naturally and didn't make me look like I was wearing foundation at all!! The only thing I didn't like was the it made powder blush look espesically powdery but it is 100% worth buying/trying out. I have normal skin, bits of dryness but nothing extreme, not sure how it might work for other skin types

on 4/25/2011 8:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

this was my second liquid foundation, ever. i was really excited about the 18 shades selection, promising a perfect match for dark skin tones. perfect match , alright : it COMPLETELY disappeared into my skin, to the point where it was useless. ZERO coverage, no matter what i used : sponge, brush, or fingers. the packing looked fancy and high-end, but it was a mask for a poor quality fouundation. DEFINETELY NOT long lasting, 2-3 hours max (and i dont even have super oily skin, so its not like it absorbed it all and oxidized it). its just that short-lived.

pros: smelled nice, didn't feel heavy.

on 4/25/2011 8:51:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

The first thing I noticed about this foundation is the wonderful texture. It is light, thin and very creamy. It blends very easy and evenly and has a nice natural, satiny dewy finish. I do notice a fragrance (some have mentioned it has no smell).. but I noticed a scent the first time I applied it. It's a very nice scent.. It actually smells just like Rimmel Lasting Finish Foundation. It's kind of like a fresh shampoo/soap smell? I would say it's a medium coverage. It's not heavy at all.. or mask-like. The only con I found with this foundation is that it's not long lasting.. which is something I look for in a foundation. I can't tell you exactly how many hours it lasts on my face.. but I wore it for New Years (applied my makeup at around 6 PM) and around 12-1 AM I had noticed that the foundation had faded almost completely off my nose and chin area. But! It didn't look bad. There are some foundations that fade blotchy.. but this foundation just seemed to evaporate to a lighter coverage. So, If I wear this, I have to make sure to powder my face thoroughly & after around 4 hours, touch up my nose or chin with a tiny bit of foundation on my foundation brush. Although I love the finish of this foundation, you definitely need a setting powder because this foundation gets shiny quickly. This is a foundation that is probably most suitable for dry to normal skin types. If you have oily skin, you may not like this foundation.. but if you want to give it a try.. I suggest using a mattifying primer and or a good application of setting powder. Not sure if i'll repurchase once I'm through with my bottle. I think it's a good drugstore foundation - and I'll use it for "bummy" days, running errands, dinner, etc. I won't be using it on long days out.

on 4/25/2011 1:34:00 PM

I was really excited to try out this product because it had a perfect match to my skin tone. The product blended nicely into my skin just like it claimed to do, especially with a stippling brush. HOWEVER, the product does not stay on (roughly four or five hours with a primer). I liked the coverage, it was natural looking and cancelled out any redness on my face. Major drawback for me was that it broke me out. Mind you i'm not really oily, but I do have normal/combo skin. I still have pimples from using the product. I wouldn't buy this product again unless they changed their formula so that it doesn't break me out. Too bad I broke out from it cuz 310 was a perfect match for my skin tone.

on 4/25/2011 12:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

If you have even the slightest bit of oily skin, this makeup is NOT for you. Oh my goodness, when I put this on it looks like i smeared pure oil all over my face. In turn, I broke out like crazy. Fairly good coverage, but I would say only get it if you have dry skin.

on 4/24/2011 8:06:00 PM

PACKAGING: Don't like it. Always spills all over the place and since there is no pump, its impossible to get out a decent amount of product.

Price: $7 CAD - $1 coupon + taxes is the average price that I would pay for a DS foundation

Formula: Some days I like it, some days I hate it. I have a lot of dry patches on my face due to acne issues, and this does not help with that at all. I also have oily skin, and at the end of the day my face is pretty gross. But, the coverage is decent (except for on my nose which is very red), and it matches my skin pretty decently. Although, it is not yellow / peachy enough to perfectly match my face - it's a little too white-white if that makes sense. It also only last about 3 hours on my skin and fades in patches. And, it has caused me some breakouts - but it's not as bad as ColorStay.

Overall, I won't be repurchasing this product due to its poor lasting ability and not almost-perfect color match.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

FIRST IMPRESSIONS: MAYBELLINE 360 FIT ME FOUNDATION REVIEW (MOCHA MOCHA) by sheisobsessed

Maybelline FIT ME Foundation & Concealer in 355 [Product Review] by DaintyBrownGirl