April 23, 2014 | 1448 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2010 12:20:00 AM More reviews by Flippinsushi

I couldn't find the Wet N Wild creme eyeliner in a similar looking pot, which I was surpised I loved so dearly, BTW, so I decided to try this instead.
Obviously it's a little more money than Wet N Wild, but still cheap as far as makeup goes...
As for how it works- LOVE IT!
I started with the brown, and it's a perfect shade for me; not too dark, not too pale. And it stays on and doesn't melt like half the eyeliners I've tried lately.

I was very impressed with the brush, which I will keep long after the pots are empty....

After liking the brown so much, I went back for the purple, and I was so excited to see that it's this nice shimmery metallic purple that's absolutely gorgeous and makes my eyes pop wonderfully.

I will so buy again, couldn't be happier!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2010 10:37:00 PM More reviews by tina97201

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My friends in Asia have been raving about this eyeliner ever since it came out last year. I have very very oily eyes and had been hoping Maybelline would start selling it in USA. When I finally saw it in the local drug store, I immeidately grabbed the brown and darkest black.

This is the only gel eyeliner that does NOT smuge on me. The brush is great! I never knew that applying gel eyeliner could be so easy. This is a very decent product. Will definately repurchase and recommond to friends.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2010 10:16:00 PM More reviews by larsonwendy

I bought the brown liner.
This is very similar to the Smashbox Gel Liner that's made for your waterline. Frankly I'm surprised that a drugstore brand has taken this long to come out with a decent one (I hate the HIP liner) The brush that it comes with is PERFECT. The brown is perfect for my super light skin for everyday. I have yet to see if it will last as long as it says it will but I already know that I'll be going back tomorrow to get the black.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2010 1:21:00 PM More reviews by fancyxamy

will not be repurchasing this. i have it in black and it is very average. color-wise it is a nice, flat black that applies very smoothly.

unfortunately, the lasting power sucks. by the end of the workday, the flip of my "cat eye" line is faded/gone. the line along my bottom lashes and waterline are also smudgy and faded.

surprisingly the thing i like most about it is the little brush it comes with, as usually i just trash those things. its tiny but has a nicely pointed, firm tip that is great for gel/creme liner application.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2010 2:23:00 AM More reviews by kkpeach77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love the look of liquid but they are sometimes too harsh and pencils can be too smudgy. this is the perfect balance of both. Everywhere I have gone the stores have been sold out so you know it must be something worth trying. I finally bought the one in charcoal and it's a beautiful smoky color. glides on great and the brush is actually decent. and it is indeed smudge proof and waterproof. Great product. I want to get it in all the colors now.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2010 1:23:00 AM More reviews by GoingNatural86

I really like this. The lasting power is amazing... There are very few products that stay on my waterline and this is one of them. The brush is ok... I prefer a slanted brush for my gel liner applications. But overall I find myself grabbing for this over all of my other liners

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2010 12:06:00 AM More reviews by KaiserMimiVII

I was pretty excited to try this after I heard great things about it on the board. I bought it in Eggplant. However, I'm rather disappointed. Based on the picture on the packaging, I thought it was going to be shimmerless. But in fact, it's really rather sparkley and sheer. In order for it to be opaque, you really have to build it up- at least 3 layers. Also- it definitely budges, my WnW cream liners have better staying power. And the worst part- it stains! I swatched some for a picture and applied some to my lids, and I can't get either of them off. I've tried MU remover, cleansing oil, face wash, glycerin based soap and regular foaming softsoap. Nada. There's still a greyish tinge on my skin. If you're look for a shimmer gel liner- this is mediocre, but I'd never repurchase this again- esp not at full price.
Edit: 3 weeks later, I've only used it one more time. But the pot is already dry and chunky. Disgusting.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2010 8:47:00 AM More reviews by vwzen81

I love, love, love this! I bought it in black and I wanted to buy some of the other colors but my CVS was all sold out of every color but the black. I like this gel liner much better than my L'Oreal HIP cream liners; the HIP liners don't apply as smoothly as the Maybelline. The Maybelline gel liner is so smooth and soft, it's awesome! Also, usually the brush that comes with ANY makeup is total crap but the liner brush that Maybelline included with this liner is great, I really like it. I'm able to apply an extremely thin line with it or make it as big and thick as I want. I am totally planning on taking a trip to Ulta this weekend and buying the other colors (I hope they have them!). Plus, Ulta has all Maybelline eye products on sale right now; buy one get one 50% off!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2010 9:50:00 PM More reviews by pixiehottie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Bought this the other day, have been wearing it everyday since then. I have eggplant, great color on my hazel eyes. I love the formula! Very soft and pigmented. In my opinion, this kicks the crap out of my smudge pot, SB liners, and a few others. For the price you just can't match it.

Color stays true all day, doesn't budge, and the brush that it comes with is pretty damn good. Makes a nice straight line, thick or thin.

I think I'll pick up the charcoal next, as I have way to many black potted liners at the moment.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2010 4:16:00 AM More reviews by khymm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i love this gel liner! I have this in black and brown. very long lasting. hopefully it will not dry up fast in the pot.

here's my detailed review and swatches: