E.L.F. Studio Powder Brush

Price: $

Price: $

synthetic, cruelty-free hair

my favorite of my purchases from the recent 75% off sale! I LOVE this brush for applying my foundation (EL Double Wear Light) and I am able to use such a little amount of foundation and get a flawless finish to my face! Its absolutely amazing! I am so glad that I took a gamble on this brush (as well as many of my other purchases) when I saw the sale.

on 9/4/2009 10:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This is a winner! Despite all the raves, I really didn't expect it to W-O-W me. I think I'm in love with this after just one usage. It's ridiculously soft, of light-medium density, and very well shaped. My one complaint would be that I found 4-5 hairs that weren't trimmed well and were sticking out above the rest. I just trimmed these with those mini scissors you use for facial hair purposes. I must admit that I am a snob when it comes to brush quality though, so I might be being picky about the hairs.

I believe that most people will be -very- satisfied with this brush. It's one that anyone, from beginners to experts, can use. I don't even see the need to buy any more MAC brushes when there are fantastic quality brushes like this lying around.

I compared this with my EM flat top, and found that the density is probably less than the EM by half. The brush head diameter is also greater. The whole brush is nearly twice as long as the EM flat top. (The handle is surprisingly long!)

I'll update this review if, especially after I wash it, something comes up. For now though, I'd definitely give this 10 stars out of 5 if I could. :D Thanks ELF!

on 9/4/2009 1:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

LOVE IT! i not only love how it applies and buffs my liquid makeup, i love the feel of it.

well i loved it while i had it.... it kinda fell apart 2 months after i got it when i deep cleansed it with olive oil
i do plan on buying it again.... BUT I WILL NOT BE USING OLIVE OIL TO CLEAN IT

on 9/3/2009 11:35:00 PM

All it took was one good yank and the brush head and handle separated on the same day that it arrived. As a brush connoisseur, I''m lukewarm about this one. I tried it with liquid foundation and it worked adequately. It also worked for dusting off powder but not for applying powder to the face.

If your going to buy anything from elf, you HAVE to get this brush!! Forget Mac, and all those other expensive brands, this is a MUST!!!! It gives you such a nice airbrushed effect when applying foundation, its absolutely amazing!!!! I love this brush!! Defenitley worth trying since its only $3

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I'm really happy with this brush. I was using make-up sponges to apply my Clarins compact powder foundation and it got really annoying because of all the sponges I had to clean after. Well not this! I buff it into the powder, spray the brush with water (from a hairspray bottle) and then just buff it in. I get a flawness finish and I don't have to clean the brush afterwards! SO awesome. This will work well for mineral foundation wearers because its almost like a kabuki brush with a flat top. I only got this for under $1CAN after using a code I found.

on 8/31/2009 11:43:00 AM

I paid like 75 cents for this brush and I'm reaching for it more often than my expensive brushes. I'm still in awe after a few weeks because it works SO well. I bought 4 of these and use them to apply liquid foundation and to apply pressed powder (MAC MSF Natural or Maybelline Dream Matte powder) The finish is AMAZING. I do have MAC 187 brush and i like ELF brush more for stippling on foundation because the hair part is much more dense (yet still soft). It's also great to apply pressed powder since it grabs good and even amount of powder and it buffs in sooo smoothly on my skin.

The ONLY negative about this brush is that it's very difficult to wash. After i rinse off the shampoo and shake away the water, i still find foamy soap inside the bristles!!! So i have to rinse, shake, rinse, and shake about 3 times to get all the soap off. It's very annoying. It can take over a day to dry as well, so have many backups ready if you like this brush so you don't have to use a wet brush the next morning.

on 8/28/2009 10:43:00 AM

Ladies......Just buy one!The quality rocks in every way!

Also, its so Unbelievable that you can get it for
under a dollar with the 50% off code you can find online!

My other fave from ELF is... the ever so soft.... Complexion Brush.... though that one is not as densely packed or as rounded...its also not the the least bit thin or cheaply made. That one is also very very very soft...feels so good on my face, the size is also awesome(not small in size). Now since this one is sooooo soft... it does not apply as much powder at once...but....actually its quite wonderful.... cuz, I use it for my light foundation days, light bronzing, blush and veil. The Complexion one Works wonderful for all these uses.

Back to this amazing brush thats under 3 dollars.

I just throw it on my purse and I do not worry about damaging it and go on. I have bought back ups.

They better not discontinue these two brushes! I mean it! lol!
Oh yeah....this flat top also applies my liquid foundation to a smooth porcelain look too!

Now ladies........MAC brushes..... are of course way better....but this is a steal for this quality!

P.S. ................I have received a few questions about the coupon codes I mentioned above........ so here is a little info for you gals about saving money......Just put the store name and the words coupon codes....in your search engine and walla!

Always look for coupon codes for any online store....

most have them and we need to use them! Why give them more. They give out discount codes for incentives so people will shop more online.Most don't have a clue to search for them.

on 8/28/2009 10:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

i got this after seeing all the great reviews on youtube i got it and yes its a great brush and for the price what more can you ask for, yes it do smel but wash it and it should be fine some people are more sensitive to smell than others so its a individual thing but ladies give this a try

on 8/28/2009 12:31:00 AM

This is my favorite brush in the world! You can use this brush for everything! It is so soft and affordable. The quality is incredible and the handle is super cute. Check this out!