Maybelline Lash Stiletto

3.2

Water (Aqua), Paraffin, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Cera Carnauba (Carnauba Wax), Acacia Senegal, Gum, Acrylates Copolymer, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, PEG/PPG 17/18 Dimethicone, Steareth 20, Phenethyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Oil, Simethicone, Rayon, Disodium EDTA, Silica, Panthenol, Hydrolyzed Silk, May Contain ( /-): CI 77499, CI 77491, CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Mica, CI 75470 (Carmine), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens), CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), Titanium Dioxide, CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide).

on 1/15/2009 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really like this product, as it is a great dupe for my previous HG, Lancome Definicils. I have recently sworn off buying HE mascaras, since I notice a very miniscule difference if any at all between those and DS mascaras. Stiletto makes my lashes very long, and it has buildable length if you keep applying it when it is wet. It will not give you volume; it's only purpose is length, much like Definicils. It doesn't smudge and has very minimal, if any, flaking. I personally don't notice any scent at all when I open the tube. I find that Maybelline makes the best DS mascaras-- I'm also a fan of The Colossal and Define-A-Lash. In my opinion, the quality of this brand's mascaras makes it unnecessary to spend triple the amount on HE mascara. Will definitely buy again!

on 1/15/2009 1:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

very, very average. No problems with flaking or smuging, nice color, but nothing I would never buy again. I need at least 3 coats for good color payoff, so not worth IMO..good as a base coat for length, but I needed to add a better mascara to make it look like I had anything on.

on 1/15/2009 1:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This new mascara is nothing special. It doesn't give me extra length or volume, just gives a boring natural lash look. I want BIG volume in my mascara, not a natural lash look. The price is around $7.00, which is reasonable. I like the small-sized wand also. I won't buy again, and I'll stick to my HG mascara's for now, which are NYX Doll Eye Volume and Max Factor Volume Couture.

on 1/15/2009 11:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

The fail of any mascara for me is if it kills my curl and this one did. Instantaneously! Yes, the packaging is lovely, but if what's inside doesn't work, who cares what it looks like outside? It does give length, it does separate and it did not clump. It did, however, kill my beautifully curled lashes and provides next-to-no volume. I did notice a strong fragrance when I first opened it and as I sit here typing this review there is the slightest tingliing sensation happening to my eyes. I will stick with Sky High Curves. Just to confirm....I will not repurchase this mascara. In fact, I will be looking for my receipt to see if I can return it.

on 1/15/2009 3:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I do not like this mascara. Although it lengthens slightly, it does not do a good enough job to make me want to buy it again. I bought it for the great packaging, but the product itself is not great. The only way I see noticeable results with this mascara is when I use it in combination with a volumizing mascara, such as Cover Girl lash blast. Otherwise, I'll stick with Loreal Double Extend beauty tubes to lengthen my lashes.

on 1/14/2009 11:58:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a great drugstore mascara. Its very good for Maybelline which is a drugstore brand that I am not too into...however, their Colossal Volum' express mascra is really good too.

There are actually a lot of drugstore mascara's that are really good. Rimmels are good, Lash Blast.. just a lot. I have not purchased a high end mascara in a long time, and I don't see a need to.

I did not notice a scent with Stiletto. I did like the brush, its jagged/spiky and good at picking up all your lashes. Its very good at lenthening, and going over for a few extra coats makes them thick and very nice. Not clumpy or spidery ( which I hate spider legs ), good pigment - meaning Very Black is a good strong black. This is easy to remove, which is very important to me.

I would repurchase this no problem.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Gosh what can I say? I have naturally long lashes, but this mascara lengthens, makes them shinier, and when a second coat is put on, makes them thicker! I don't mind the smell so much as other people do. I love, love, love the packaging and the wand. The wand is tiny bristled so you get those well defined lashes. I'd recommend this if you wanted well-defined, separated lashes. Oh, and it washes off with water too!

on 1/13/2009 7:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

This is the best drugstore mascara by far. The slim wand allows me to do my bottom lashes with no problem. The smell is kind of strong..BUT I can deal with that for great lashes...

on 1/13/2009 7:08:00 PM

I am so glad I didn't listen to MUA on this one. I Love this mascara! First of all the brush is great, I'm so sick of the thin rubber brushes that almost break or the ones that are so thick you almost poke your eye out. It's a regular brush that is tapered and I find it makes it so easy to get all of my lashes, The formula is great I have the very black which is a nice dark black. This doesn't clump or smudge at all on me.I even fell asleep in this and the next morning it still looked great. It doesn't thicken much but I don't need that really.It does make my lashes long and dark. Love

on 1/12/2009 11:03:00 AM

I have relatively long, mediumish volume eyelashes which are already jet black . I'm a mascara addict always looking for an HG. This one is not even close despite the beautiful packaging.
The formula is very wet and smells strongly floral. The brush isn't as dense as Full'n'soft (no teddy bear brush) so at times a few lashes can go between bristles causing them to clump together wetly. I gave it a chance and brushed out my clumpy lashes after they dried and I ended up with less than average lashes, scrawny and only slightly longer. I know some mascaras can get better as they dry out a little but considering the brush structure, lack of any volume at all, unnecesary scent, and negligible length it gave I did not wait on this one. Glad I kept the receipt because it went right back to the store.

Video Reviews & Tutorials