April 18, 2014 | 1341 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Lash Stiletto

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2008 11:49:00 AM More reviews by wetbandit42

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this as much as I like the Maybelline Colossal mascara. Two thumbs up! This lengthens beautifully, separates, and never clumps. No volumizing, but it doesn't claim to do that. I got the blackest color, but I didn't really notice a shiny finish. I don't know if I would repurchase this because I love to buy and try new mascaras, but I would definitely recommend this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2008 5:37:00 PM More reviews by sweetsmell

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I always enjoy trying new mascaras. (For reference, my favorite to date is Max Factor's Lash Perfection.) I had a Duane Reade coupon and picked up a tube of Lash Stiletto in "Soft Black". I wore it two days in a row and, without realizing why, kept noticing that I was having a really "good" day (ladies, you know what I mean!) It wasn't until today, when I wore almost the exact same makeup with a different mascara and didn't think I looked nearly as good, that I realized how truly nice this one is. It's not as dramatic as the name "Stiletto" suggests, but it definitely lengthens and separates nicely, in a really pretty way that is extremely flattering. As an added bonus, it wears well but washes off really nicely at the end of the day. Highly recommended (though don't expect a crazy false-lash look.)

rated 2 of 5 on 12/29/2008 4:53:00 PM More reviews by notanotheramy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Initially I loved the way this made my lashed look - long, full and lovely and then...the flaking started. I do not have particularly sensitive eyes but after about an hour they were itching and watering like mad after applying this. Between the flaking and the itching - two thumbs down

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2008 1:27:00 AM More reviews by evie1121

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A great lengthening mascara. I don't have crunchy lashes from this mascara. My lashes were still nice and soft.

The packaging is different than other mascaras that I've owned. So it does stand out and it does have a sleek packaging.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/28/2008 6:23:00 PM More reviews by FWBChick

This did not give the shiny finish it claims, and it flaked like CRAZY! I wear contacts and I'm pretty sensitive to mascaras that flake, but this was so irritating to my eyes I will probably not wear it again. It was cheap, but a waste of money.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2008 12:41:00 PM More reviews by jenn7985

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

i bought this about 45 min ago at Walmart.. i was getting makeup remover and this caught my eye so naturally i had to try it because im a makeup whore =) first off i LOVE the packaging.. it looks like a Christian Louboutin shoe with the red and black.. very sexy.

i rushed home (safely obeying all rules of the road of course) and put it on and i LOVE it.. i am a little dissappointed that i dont get the shiny patent finish that i thought i was going to but the fact that my lashes look super lush and full but not a clump in sight.. it looks like i have fake lashes on... i found that if i curled my lashes first then applied a few coats to my entire lashes then a few extra sweeps over the outter lashes that it looks like i have incredibly full dramatic lashes.. like falsies but not fake looking (if that makes ANY sense)

it does have a smell to it but since im not trying to lengthen and seperate my nose hairs i dont see it being a problem... i only noticed the smell because im weird and i smell EVERYTHING before i use it. i didnt notice any scent when i applied it

as long as u keep the wand out of ur nose u shouldnt be too put off by the smell

i would def buy this again... im going to get the brown/black one for a daytime look and get the blackest on they have (i got the soft black because that was all that was left.. maybe if its the deepest black it will be more shiny)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 12/28/2008 12:30:00 PM More reviews by chiquilla82

absolute crap.. it is too wet just like Great Lash mascara.. doesn't do anything for my stick straight lashes.. don't buy this for full price like i did.. if you want to try this disaster of a mascara, then get it on sale, or a place you can return it..

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2008 10:50:00 PM More reviews by cutelilram

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I am a Full and Soft fanatic but I saw this onsale at CVS about a week ago. I tried for a few days and I really like it. It is a nice shade of black and it is shiny which helps my green eyes stand out. I will be using this and Full and Soft. It is definitely worth a try if you are looking for a new mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2008 6:50:00 PM More reviews by blacktimes21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was interested in this mascara because I already have thick, dark lashes- I really only wanted length and this mascara gave it to me! With only one sparse coat, I had inch-long lashes (with little volume, but I didn't mind). My only complaint is that it doesn't hold a curl very well, no matter what I did. But I like that it has panthenol and other nourishing ingredients in it. If you're looking for length and already have thick, curly lashes, try this out.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/27/2008 2:16:00 AM More reviews by truallie26

I am a mascara-holic, and Maybelline is one of my favorite brands. I was reading up on here for reviews and I should have known better by what you lovely people said...length-yes, separation-yes. Volume-no. And it took the curl completely out of my lashes. I even did two coats. I recurled my lashes (Shu Uemera of course) when totally dry, even though I have read multiple times that this might cause lash loss. I liked my lashes better after the curl, but that is true for ANY mascara.

Yeah, I am still not impressed with it. Maybe this is because I need volume! So anyone with need or desire for just length and definition, you might like this.

Just for reference, The Colossal is my HG so far...I have used two tubes. Lash Blast by Cover Girl is good also.

Don't take my word exclusively: TarotLadyLissa, on youtube is another Maybelline mascara devotee, so I suggest you go there and look at her review...she actually likes this mascara.