January 27, 2015 | 2031 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Lash Stiletto

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2009 7:08:00 PM More reviews by ripsgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I am so glad I didn't listen to MUA on this one. I Love this mascara! First of all the brush is great, I'm so sick of the thin rubber brushes that almost break or the ones that are so thick you almost poke your eye out. It's a regular brush that is tapered and I find it makes it so easy to get all of my lashes, The formula is great I have the very black which is a nice dark black. This doesn't clump or smudge at all on me.I even fell asleep in this and the next morning it still looked great. It doesn't thicken much but I don't need that really.It does make my lashes long and dark. Love

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2009 11:03:00 AM More reviews by lushorchid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have relatively long, mediumish volume eyelashes which are already jet black . I'm a mascara addict always looking for an HG. This one is not even close despite the beautiful packaging.
The formula is very wet and smells strongly floral. The brush isn't as dense as Full'n'soft (no teddy bear brush) so at times a few lashes can go between bristles causing them to clump together wetly. I gave it a chance and brushed out my clumpy lashes after they dried and I ended up with less than average lashes, scrawny and only slightly longer. I know some mascaras can get better as they dry out a little but considering the brush structure, lack of any volume at all, unnecesary scent, and negligible length it gave I did not wait on this one. Glad I kept the receipt because it went right back to the store.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/12/2009 10:06:00 AM More reviews by sarahjewellsharp

I love the shiny black color payoff. I don't love the liquid formula. The wetness makes my lashes stick together. I hate the smell. It smells like roses. This one is going in the trash.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2009 5:37:00 PM More reviews by Crabtwix

No mascara is perfect, but this one comes close for me. I have fairly long lashes naturally, and usually go with volumizing mascaras, but I hate the way they make my lashes feel, and find most are so hard to wash off (even the non-waterproof ones). Stiletto feels natural, lengthens extremely well and makes my lashes extra black and glossy. It also washes off easily with the gentlest cleaner. The wand works well, tho if I grind it too much into the base of my lashes, it does make my eyes momentarily itchy. I like the more liquid quality of the formula, as it glides on very smoothly. I am, however, taking a lippie off due to the extreme rose smell. It is an OK smell, but it's very strong - I can still smell it hours later.

All in all, I would definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2009 12:15:00 AM More reviews by ciaobonefish

Amazing! My new favorite Mascara! It lengthens. The color very black is indeed very black! washes off without a hassle. Does not clump. So far its getting an A+ for me. Will update if my mind changes.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2009 7:43:00 PM More reviews by darkling

This mascara really works for me. I get zero flaking and smearing. It applies easily and quickly and my lashes look so much longer than they really are. I was in love with LashBlast, but this is my new favorite.

I like the long thin brush and the formula is slightly more liquid than most. This makes the application so easy and clump-free. It found tiny lashes in the corners of my eyes that other mascaras missed. Totally worth the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2009 More reviews by makeupismagic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I can't believe I'm reviewing the same mascara as the rest of the reviews here. I just adore it, I'd give it a 10 if I could. The brush is perfect, long and thin, tapering towards the tip. The formula is amazing. I curl my lashes, apply one coat and my lashes go sky high. On the second coat I get even more length, plus volume with no clumping. Apart from my beloved Guerlain Lengthening & Curling Mascara, this is the best I've ever used. I highly recommend.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/8/2009 5:14:00 PM More reviews by harajuku1991

I brought this product because i heard that there was a lot of hype about but honestly i wasn't worth it. got it at ulta for like 8.99 it gives good length but that's about it whenever i put it on my eyes they start to tingle like they're about to get irritated and the smell makes me want to vomit it's supposed to smell like roses but they messed up on that to would i buy again probably not.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/8/2009 2:42:00 PM More reviews by jentoronto

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I liked this mascara. No clumps, lengthened well.
BUT it flakes.
Flakes, flakes, flakes after only a couple hours.
I won't buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2009 8:55:00 AM More reviews by Tinkerbell

I agree with yolanda6 on this one... used alone this made my lashes spikey and clumped together... it did lengthen them but did not give any volume... I use this AFTER I use another volumizing mascara... (depends on what I grab) after that coat I use this to lengthen my lashes and it does perform...