July 28, 2014 | 1045 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Lash Stiletto

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2009 10:12:00 PM More reviews by elastikgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Well i have used this a couple of times and i think i really like it! I LOVE how it keeps my eye lashs staying soft, i HATE crunchy /hard lashs. i put on about three coats and they still stayed soft. they make my lash pretty long and with about two coats to three makes them pretty thick. i like thick dramatic lashs and after two or three coats this does it for me. i like this a lot. THE NUMBER ONE THING I also LOVE how this has conditioners in it that nourishes your lashes, i have actually noticed that since i started using this and whenever i dont wear mascara that my eye lashes look longer and thicker.. whenever you wash it off you also dont loose any eye lashes, like with a lot of mascaras you do...its pretty easy to get off to with soap and water. i think this might be my new mascara we will see though with more use!!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/2/2009 5:30:00 PM More reviews by skinobsessed1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this then returned it!!!! I really wanted to like it- sleek packaging etc. But it flaked big time after only an hour or so. I don't think it thickens very well either, it made my lashes thin, wispy and oddly clumped together. I'm always able to separate my lashes with a tiny comb, but even after I did that it still flaked. Save your receipt!!! You may want to return it.....

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2009 4:21:00 PM More reviews by bestDJever

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I loved Lash Blast, and this beats it. It creates lots of length, not so much volume. I use this and Maybelline Colossal over top and have length and volume. I had no flaking or smearing. This is new HG for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/2/2009 1:50:00 AM More reviews by oomisstrinaoo

I have a hard time with using non-waterproof mascara since it seems to always make my curled lashes straight, but I have been looking for a non-waterproof that won't do this since it is gentler on your lashes. I bought this on a whim after hearing someone rave on the makeup board about it not making your lashes droop. I am yet again, let down by another mascara. I think the formulation is similar to MAC's dazzlelash, and is supposed to give you glossy lashes with length. Both of these mascaras still made my curled lashes straight! I did however like the size of the brush, it is pretty long but somewhat skinnier which helps me not get the mascara everywhere but my lashes. I will keep trying this mascara, but so far I'm not impressed.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2009 4:11:00 PM More reviews by increaseredxi

I really like this mascara, its my new favorite! It really does lengthen since I have short lashes and best of all it doesn't clump no matter how many coats I apply. Will definitly repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2008 12:36:00 PM More reviews by maliastyle

I picked this up because the name intrigued me, and that was a mistake. I'm pretty sensitive to scents, and the rose fragrance of Lash Stiletto is quite strong - I could swear I can still smell this fifteen or twenty minutes after application. I'll get to the performance of the mascara soon, but the scent is overwhelming me, to the point that I'm overlooking the actual product - which is actually not bad.

It doesn't give off a shiny finish, but it does lengthen nicely, especially with a primer underneath. It's a little wet, but not like Great Lash, and I haven't experienced clumping or flaking. For $7 CDN (on sale), it's not bad, but I won't repurchase. I'll stick to NYX Doll Lash or Maybelline's Full and Soft.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2008 12:26:00 PM More reviews by glossybrowneyes

So this was tricky for me. I didn't like it at all on my upper lashes, but it's by far the best I've ever used for lower lashes. It separates and defines them. That being said, I have fickle to eyelashes that on a good day get me people asking if they are fake and complimenting me on them. On a bad day they don't keep a shape and just all around suck. This didn't make them look bad but it didn't give me *wow* length. I will probably repurchase as a bottom lash mascara.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2008 11:49:00 AM More reviews by wetbandit42

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this as much as I like the Maybelline Colossal mascara. Two thumbs up! This lengthens beautifully, separates, and never clumps. No volumizing, but it doesn't claim to do that. I got the blackest color, but I didn't really notice a shiny finish. I don't know if I would repurchase this because I love to buy and try new mascaras, but I would definitely recommend this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2008 5:37:00 PM More reviews by sweetsmell

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I always enjoy trying new mascaras. (For reference, my favorite to date is Max Factor's Lash Perfection.) I had a Duane Reade coupon and picked up a tube of Lash Stiletto in "Soft Black". I wore it two days in a row and, without realizing why, kept noticing that I was having a really "good" day (ladies, you know what I mean!) It wasn't until today, when I wore almost the exact same makeup with a different mascara and didn't think I looked nearly as good, that I realized how truly nice this one is. It's not as dramatic as the name "Stiletto" suggests, but it definitely lengthens and separates nicely, in a really pretty way that is extremely flattering. As an added bonus, it wears well but washes off really nicely at the end of the day. Highly recommended (though don't expect a crazy false-lash look.)

rated 2 of 5 on 12/29/2008 4:53:00 PM More reviews by notanotheramy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Initially I loved the way this made my lashed look - long, full and lovely and then...the flaking started. I do not have particularly sensitive eyes but after about an hour they were itching and watering like mad after applying this. Between the flaking and the itching - two thumbs down