October 22, 2014 | 1824 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Lash Stiletto

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2009 8:55:00 AM More reviews by Tinkerbell

I agree with yolanda6 on this one... used alone this made my lashes spikey and clumped together... it did lengthen them but did not give any volume... I use this AFTER I use another volumizing mascara... (depends on what I grab) after that coat I use this to lengthen my lashes and it does perform...

rated 2 of 5 on 1/8/2009 12:15:00 AM More reviews by yolanda6

Stiletto by itself leaves a lot to be desired but use it with LashBlast and you will be surprised at how wonderful the results are!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2009 5:32:00 PM More reviews by NavyWifeLife

I LOVE this mascara! I wouldn't have tried it but my husband put it in my stocking this year and wow! I have long eyelashes anyway, so im not sure how this works on average eyelashes but it looks like I have fake lashes on when I wear this. no lie! I am so in love with it. It makes my eyes look huge! I will deffinately make this a staple! The only reason it gets 4 out of 5 is because it has a really weird smell to it. I cant even explain it. Its REALLY strong though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2009 2:46:00 PM More reviews by murphysmomkk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The search still not over - but this one ok, too. They all are "ok" ... I am still waiting for my socks to be knocked off. I do like a lot about this - it's a pretty tube, the brush is awesome - it really separates the lashes. I love that it does not make my lashes crunchy and hard. It lasts just fine. Normal smudging after a day's wear. Overall, this is a fine mascara just nothing exceptional. I will say it is better than most high-end mascaras that I have tried. To me, that is one market that the high end has not conquered. The cheap stuff as far as mascara is concerned is better than the expensive. This, for example, is WAYYYY better than say, Diorshow. Anyway, overall, it's fine, not a waste of money but the search goes on ...

rated 3 of 5 on 1/5/2009 10:33:00 PM More reviews by CTP

I find that it is an average mascara. It does, however, give me length. No volume. Doesn't clump & the packaging is attracting. BUT, I will not be buying this mascara. Doesn't really do much that other mascaras don't offer or claim to do. Ha.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2009 8:54:00 PM More reviews by abfabjeanius

I saw this in a couple of magazines, and after spotting it at Target for $6.99, thought I'd give it a shot. As other reviewers have described, the packaging looks like a black stiletto heel, and the bottom is a red "tip."

Now, onto the mascara. The packaging promises dramatic lengthening and a patent leather finish. Well, I got this in the Blackest Black, and I can tell you that my lashes were no more "patent" or glossy than any other black mascara. It has a long, skinny brush with hard bristles... Kind of reminds me of Lancome Definicils brush, but longer. Also, I don't know if I just got a defective batch, but the brush was slightly angled/bent, like not perfectly straight on the wand.

I didn't experience dramatic lengthening, though granted I have very short lashes. I did use 3 coats, though, and didn't find that it lengthened more than other other mascara I've used. I feel like the L'Oreal lengthening one (the one in the skinny goldish tube that has been around forever) lengthens better.

As for the scent, yes, it does share the same waxy-rose scent that Colossal has, so if that irritated you, this might, too.

Overall, a decent mascara. The only strength is that it's good at separating the lashes. In general, though, this is too natural for me. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2009 11:46:00 PM More reviews by selle

I really like this mascara. It lengthens very well. It's not great for volume, but can be layered without clumping. I use 2-3 coats and am very happy with how it lengthens my lashes.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2009 10:12:00 PM More reviews by elastikgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Well i have used this a couple of times and i think i really like it! I LOVE how it keeps my eye lashs staying soft, i HATE crunchy /hard lashs. i put on about three coats and they still stayed soft. they make my lash pretty long and with about two coats to three makes them pretty thick. i like thick dramatic lashs and after two or three coats this does it for me. i like this a lot. THE NUMBER ONE THING I also LOVE how this has conditioners in it that nourishes your lashes, i have actually noticed that since i started using this and whenever i dont wear mascara that my eye lashes look longer and thicker.. whenever you wash it off you also dont loose any eye lashes, like with a lot of mascaras you do...its pretty easy to get off to with soap and water. i think this might be my new mascara we will see though with more use!!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/2/2009 5:30:00 PM More reviews by skinobsessed1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this then returned it!!!! I really wanted to like it- sleek packaging etc. But it flaked big time after only an hour or so. I don't think it thickens very well either, it made my lashes thin, wispy and oddly clumped together. I'm always able to separate my lashes with a tiny comb, but even after I did that it still flaked. Save your receipt!!! You may want to return it.....

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2009 4:21:00 PM More reviews by bestDJever

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I loved Lash Blast, and this beats it. It creates lots of length, not so much volume. I use this and Maybelline Colossal over top and have length and volume. I had no flaking or smearing. This is new HG for me.