Maybelline Lash Stiletto

3.2

Water (Aqua), Paraffin, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Cera Carnauba (Carnauba Wax), Acacia Senegal, Gum, Acrylates Copolymer, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, PEG/PPG 17/18 Dimethicone, Steareth 20, Phenethyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Oil, Simethicone, Rayon, Disodium EDTA, Silica, Panthenol, Hydrolyzed Silk, May Contain ( /-): CI 77499, CI 77491, CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Mica, CI 75470 (Carmine), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens), CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), Titanium Dioxide, CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide).

on 1/14/2009 11:58:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a great drugstore mascara. Its very good for Maybelline which is a drugstore brand that I am not too into...however, their Colossal Volum' express mascra is really good too.

There are actually a lot of drugstore mascara's that are really good. Rimmels are good, Lash Blast.. just a lot. I have not purchased a high end mascara in a long time, and I don't see a need to.

I did not notice a scent with Stiletto. I did like the brush, its jagged/spiky and good at picking up all your lashes. Its very good at lenthening, and going over for a few extra coats makes them thick and very nice. Not clumpy or spidery ( which I hate spider legs ), good pigment - meaning Very Black is a good strong black. This is easy to remove, which is very important to me.

I would repurchase this no problem.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Gosh what can I say? I have naturally long lashes, but this mascara lengthens, makes them shinier, and when a second coat is put on, makes them thicker! I don't mind the smell so much as other people do. I love, love, love the packaging and the wand. The wand is tiny bristled so you get those well defined lashes. I'd recommend this if you wanted well-defined, separated lashes. Oh, and it washes off with water too!

on 1/13/2009 7:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

This is the best drugstore mascara by far. The slim wand allows me to do my bottom lashes with no problem. The smell is kind of strong..BUT I can deal with that for great lashes...

on 1/13/2009 7:08:00 PM

I am so glad I didn't listen to MUA on this one. I Love this mascara! First of all the brush is great, I'm so sick of the thin rubber brushes that almost break or the ones that are so thick you almost poke your eye out. It's a regular brush that is tapered and I find it makes it so easy to get all of my lashes, The formula is great I have the very black which is a nice dark black. This doesn't clump or smudge at all on me.I even fell asleep in this and the next morning it still looked great. It doesn't thicken much but I don't need that really.It does make my lashes long and dark. Love

on 1/12/2009 11:03:00 AM

I have relatively long, mediumish volume eyelashes which are already jet black . I'm a mascara addict always looking for an HG. This one is not even close despite the beautiful packaging.
The formula is very wet and smells strongly floral. The brush isn't as dense as Full'n'soft (no teddy bear brush) so at times a few lashes can go between bristles causing them to clump together wetly. I gave it a chance and brushed out my clumpy lashes after they dried and I ended up with less than average lashes, scrawny and only slightly longer. I know some mascaras can get better as they dry out a little but considering the brush structure, lack of any volume at all, unnecesary scent, and negligible length it gave I did not wait on this one. Glad I kept the receipt because it went right back to the store.

I love the shiny black color payoff. I don't love the liquid formula. The wetness makes my lashes stick together. I hate the smell. It smells like roses. This one is going in the trash.

on 1/11/2009 5:37:00 PM

No mascara is perfect, but this one comes close for me. I have fairly long lashes naturally, and usually go with volumizing mascaras, but I hate the way they make my lashes feel, and find most are so hard to wash off (even the non-waterproof ones). Stiletto feels natural, lengthens extremely well and makes my lashes extra black and glossy. It also washes off easily with the gentlest cleaner. The wand works well, tho if I grind it too much into the base of my lashes, it does make my eyes momentarily itchy. I like the more liquid quality of the formula, as it glides on very smoothly. I am, however, taking a lippie off due to the extreme rose smell. It is an OK smell, but it's very strong - I can still smell it hours later.

All in all, I would definitely buy again.

on 1/11/2009 12:15:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Amazing! My new favorite Mascara! It lengthens. The color very black is indeed very black! washes off without a hassle. Does not clump. So far its getting an A+ for me. Will update if my mind changes.

on 1/10/2009 7:43:00 PM

This mascara really works for me. I get zero flaking and smearing. It applies easily and quickly and my lashes look so much longer than they really are. I was in love with LashBlast, but this is my new favorite.

I like the long thin brush and the formula is slightly more liquid than most. This makes the application so easy and clump-free. It found tiny lashes in the corners of my eyes that other mascaras missed. Totally worth the price.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I can't believe I'm reviewing the same mascara as the rest of the reviews here. I just adore it, I'd give it a 10 if I could. The brush is perfect, long and thin, tapering towards the tip. The formula is amazing. I curl my lashes, apply one coat and my lashes go sky high. On the second coat I get even more length, plus volume with no clumping. Apart from my beloved Guerlain Lengthening & Curling Mascara, this is the best I've ever used. I highly recommend.

Popular Mascaras