Too Faced Shadow Insurance

4.2

Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Glyceryl Triethylhexanoate, Polyethylene, Trihydroxystearin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Isopropyl Lanolate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Propylene Carbonate, Dimethicone, PEG 40 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopherol, May Contain ( /-): Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

on 3/12/2009 4:18:00 AM

This stuff is great! My eyeshadows look the same after a long day of work as it did when I first applied it. The product is very creamy going on and feels very smooth, but when it dries after 2 seconds it feels almost powdery. It has a fair skin colored tinge to it, which goes great with my complexion, but I'm not sure if it disappears into darker skin or not. I bought mine at Ulta with their $3.50 off coupon they always have circulating and it was only $13.50 that way. That kinda takes the edge off!

on 3/10/2009 10:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Day 1, hour 7.5 - so far this stuff is freaking amazing! I just had a look in the mirror - shadow is firmly in place, hasn't melted into my eyelids or caked up and my eyeliner hasn't smudged onto my eyelids either!

Unlike other primers I've tried this has a creamy consistency but when you dab it onto your eyelids it doesn't feel oily or wet, it feels very matte. SI also really pumps up the virbancy on the colour of my eyeshadow. I can't believe how vibrant my eyeshadow still looks after 7.5 hours and not all caked into the crease!

Will update again for end of day status!

ETA - I've now had this on for 12 hours now and can I say I am so in love with this product. No caking at the crease, no oily lids, eyeshadow and liner still looks as fresh as it was this morning. woohoo!

on 3/10/2009 7:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

LOVE THIS! The tube is sooo convenent and easy to get the base out of it... unlike UDPP, I will NEVER buy that.

This really works. Its only downfall is sometimes it dries out the area around my lids leaving like a chalky residue. But I can totally live with that because the product really makes eyeshadow pop and stay on all day!

on 3/7/2009 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I love this stuff! I finally converted from UDPP and Shadow Insurance is so amazing! The packaging is great! I love that its a squeeze tube so there is almost no product waste. Unlike UDPP I can get all my product out without sawing the container in half. It applie really smothly and doesnt grab on my lid. Shadow blends really smoothly over this and colors show up true! I will always use this product.

on 3/7/2009 3:24:00 AM

I used to hate wearing eyeshadow. I have greasy eye lids and eyeshadow just doesn't last on me - not without leaving an ugly, oily crease on my eye lid within hours of application. From day one of trying Too Faced Shadow Insurance, I saw that all the raves about this product were true. Almost 12 hours of wear, and my eyeshadow had not creased at all.

I've been using it for about three weeks now, and I couldn't be happier. I'm actually enjoying wearing eyeshadow now - because I don't feel like I'm wasting it anymore. My shadow looks the same at the end of my day as it did when I first applied it in the morning. Yea! The price is a little on the high side, but you use so little of it, the tube will last a while. And the results... worth every penny.

on 3/6/2009 7:09:00 PM

This eyeshadow primer is a godsend! I've tried a dozen different eye bases, but this is the only product I've found to save the makeup on my oily eyelids (coupled with Asian eyes that slam my eyeliner against my eyelid as my lashes hide away.) Even with shimmery shadows, no crease, no black eyeliner line, no shadow buildup ... Eight hours later my eye makeup is perfect. Hallelujah!

on 3/6/2009 11:00:00 AM

I really like this product. I don't have particularly oily lids, but my eye shadows still were fading through the day so I really wanted to try something for the base, especially hearing all the hype about UPPD and Too faced. I can't compare to UPPD because I never tried it. I got this one based on the reviews and complains about the packaging of UPPD. I was scared because I thought that there could be problem blending shadows, but this is not the case at all, everything goes easy. I'm only using it third day but I can truly say that shadows got the same intensity after 10 hours of wearing it. I have to say though it does have a drying effect and feels somewhat itchy, but I think that it counteracting what it suppose to do-oily lids. If you have dry lids, try first and see if it works for you.

on 3/5/2009 12:21:00 PM

I like this soooo much better than UDPP. The packaging is much more sanitary and you can control how much product comes out of the tube. My tube of UDPP broke a couple days after purchasing it and it dried up horribly, so I decided to try this instead and I am so happy that I did. I haven't had any problems with creasing and my makeup stays on until I take it off at night. Will definately repurchase!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

FREAKING LOVE THIS STUFF! Im serious this product is the love of my eyeshadow life! I have REALLY oily eyelids. And I love this product it makes my eyeshadow stay all day! Better than LM base coats and UDPP . Those were too oil based and slippery. This is more of a clayish type product. Reminds me alot of Cliniques pore minimizer in texture. My eyes are still stunning 12 hours later ! THANK YOU TOO FACED!

on 3/4/2009 5:02:00 PM

I love this
I prefer this of UDPP
this really intensifys my shadows and makes them pop, and it really makes them stay on a really long time with no creasing or fading i really like this and will but this again