October 1, 2014 | 1949 users online

Eye Primer - Too Faced - Shadow Insurance, Anti-Crease Eye Shadow Primer

rated 1 of 5 on 2/6/2009 9:25:00 PM More reviews by Cerebro

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Urgh! I do NOT like this eyeshadow primer. UDPP is soooo much better in my opinion!

This makes my eyeshadow crease by lunchtime, maybe even earlier than that and I end up rubbing all of my eyeshadow off. Grr this makes me mad just writing about it because I have to use it up right now since I don't have any money to buy UDPP right now.

The only thing I do like about this is the packaging. I can get the whole product out unlike UDPP. *sigh* In this case I don't want the whole product though...

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2009 10:09:00 PM More reviews by candycanefaery

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have used this less than my Urban Decay Primer Potion up until I left my UDPP at home and went a whole week only having my Too Faced Shadow Insurance. It worked a lot better than I thought it would, I have very oily eyelids and this is a bit too oily for me. But it did help get me through most of my day without creasing and it still makes my eyeshadow colors pop. The packaging is a lot more convenient than UDPP but again, for my oily eyelids I still prefer UDPP vs. Too Faced. I would buy this again or recommend it to friends though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2009 8:51:00 PM More reviews by brandylee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this after using UDPP for about a week and I noticed little bumps on my eyelides (which might have been from me using a heavy duty lotion on my eyes because they were so dry from the primer potion) and my eyelids were very dry and flaky and a few veins in my lids were more noticeable than ever..This is obviously in better packaging and it goes on more comfortable. Crease wise, I think they are both pretty good, but I notice more fading with TFSI, especially with my MAC carbon that I put in my crease. I'll probably shop around because I'm not 100% happy with this, I also think it matters where the eyeshadow is applied and the brand..I wear MAC coppering on my lids and that hasen't faded much or creased, it's the carbon I have problems with. Buttt to me shadow NOT CREASING is more important than it fading a little so I will deal for now.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2009 3:11:00 PM More reviews by preciouspink

I like this product a lot. Its nice and smooth texture and the packaging is awesome. But it does seem to stop working after it hits seven hours or so.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2009 6:51:00 PM More reviews by gimme_chocolate

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This seems to keep my shadow looking more like it's supposed to at the end of the day than other primers I've tried. Even though you only need a little, it does take it a little while to dry so that it doesn't crease. I have a little discoloration under one eyebrow and have to use a small amount of concealer under it before I apply this. I didn't have to apply concealer when I used MAC eye primer but then my e/s didn't look as good for as long as it does with this primer, either.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2009 6:23:00 PM More reviews by linc2

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

Excellent eyeshadow primer. You need just the slightest bit for each eyelid, spreads like a dream, is not drying (unlike UDPP, which I couldn't stand). It is a light beige, but does not appear to add any color to the eyelid. No creasing and eyeshadows last 12 hours on me. The tube packaging is perfect -- you can easily squeeze out a tiny amount for each lid, no contamination, no waste. I previously used Alexandra de Markoff Disguise for Eyes, which comes in a pot; in comparison TFSI is quicker to apply and more sanitary, seems to hold shadows a bit better, is a tad more moisturizing, and is cheaper and easier to find. If you find UDPP drying or frustrating, give TFSI a try!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/30/2009 1:59:00 AM More reviews by lovejkras

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this because it seems like everyone and their mom is recommending it, and to be honest I was pretty disappointed. My eye shadow still creases in about an hour or two, and I don't have oily skin/oily lids. I will say that it makes the shadow color more vibrant, but no, creasing still happens. I won't buy it again, it's no miracle worker like everyone seems to praise it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2009 6:41:00 AM More reviews by yuphehe

I loved this, then I found that I like the urban decay alternative even more. They do the same thing, but the urban one has a creamier consistency that i prefer. But this product definitely is worth it, and I'll probably repurchase depending on which of the two gives better deals.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2009 11:53:00 PM More reviews by ShaLooLoo123

LOVE IT!! I never get creases. It's one of the best things ever invented!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2009 6:16:00 PM More reviews by purple18194

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I don't have very oily lids. I guess I'd call them just normal.
But this stuff has my complete approval. I spent from the evening of one day to the morning of the next (in between I cried twice and slept) with this stuff on under my eyeshadow and it didn't budge. No creasing, no fading. That's frickin' amazing!