MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

3.5

on 8/18/2010 10:42:00 PM

I love this foundation. I have very uneven skin tone doe to acne, rosacea ond my skin is very oily. This product made my skin look flawless and wore beautifuly throughout the day. although I've read some reviews that people broke out from it, I never did. It seemed to soothe my skin and didnt transfer onto my clothing. I'm addicted. LOVE IT!!!!

on 8/17/2010 3:28:00 AM

I accidentally got this product in NW20. I was in a hurry when I needed to pick up the Studio Sculpt foundation and didn't look at what the counter grabbed for me. It was a lucky accident. I used this for my night out and set the foundation with the mineralize skin finish (natural). My skin looked absolutely flawless in photos. I really enjoy Studio Sculpt as it has a nice cream texture and this is more liquid but I'm more than happy with the results.

on 8/17/2010 3:08:00 AM

I use NC 35, and it works pretty well on me. I tend to get oily skin, and need something with pretty good coverage and this product delivers. I went to dances, and took a lot of pictures and this foundation stayed true for most of the night. In the pictures I didn't look oily at all, and had beautiful skin. The foundation is pretty smooth and easy to apply with my 109 brush. The ONLY reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because it does break me out, the next day after I wear it I always expect a few more tiny pimples. You definitely need to wipe this off good when you come home. I consider this my "special occasion" foundation, lol. I don't think my face could handle wearing this everyday.

I really like this foundation it goes on smooth and covers well. it smells bad tho but it hasnt broken me out or anything.

Break out city, extra oilyness, and oxidation. No thanks!

on 8/10/2010 12:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I've only been using this for a couple of days but I must say it is so much better than studio sculpt. Unlike studio sculpt, studio fix fluid is not thick, greasy and doesn't transfer throughout the day. Also, my MAC lady gave me a pump for free so packaging wasn't an issue.

Will update later.

on 8/9/2010 7:54:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

That's such a so-so product.Bought it last year but only used few times.

Pros: Color is nice, coverage is medium and buildable.Easy to blend as well.
Cons: No UVA protecting ingredients. Potential cause of irritation.Stings my skin upon application even my skin is super hypoallergic. Moreover, it doesn't last at all. It almost vanished on my oily skin after two hours after application and was oxidized to a terrible orangish color in the late afternoon. Worst of all, it gives me zits!!!!!! Every time I used it, I noticed small break-out the next day.

Overall: MAC foundations have somewhat a bad reputation for causing zits, and this one is definitely the case for me. Would not recommend.

on 8/8/2010 10:19:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

At first, I was very excited to buy this foundation because it was my first one from MAC Cosmetics. I was perfectly fine with the packaging, even though it didn't come with a pump. I also wasn't worried that it was in a glass bottle because I tend to be careful with storing and handling my makeup. I opened the bottle and it smelled slightly like paint, which I wasn't too crazy about. This was the first time I spent my money on a non-drugstore liquid foundation.

I applied it for the first time on my face with a stippling brush. I was extremely pleased with the consistency and coverage it immediately gave my face! I then used a concealer brush to layer the foundation on the spots that needed some extra coverage. I was happy that it covered most of the dark areas under my eyes (probably because I used an NW tone rather than NC).

After the day passed, without retouching or looking into the mirror, I noticed bumps growing on my face. I am CRAZY allergic to this product. I'm upset that this affordable, yet good quality foundation doesn't work for my skin.

I have very fair skin, and even the lightest shade was too dark for me. It oxidized on my skin, turning a strange orange color. It felt thick and goopy, and just overall gross on my skin. Not a good foundation choice.

on 8/7/2010 4:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Smelled a little funky but I looked past that. It made my skin look FLAWLESS (when MSFN is used as powder) but...2 days later I have crazy amounts of pimples....UGH!