MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

3.5

on 8/4/2010 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Ok this is probably the worst foundation that I have purchased. Massive dissapointment. It's way to powdery, cakey, looks like I'm wearing a mask...gross!

on 8/3/2010 11:14:00 PM

They say MAC foundations aren't the best for your skin, but I have to admit the coverage is amazing. I don't wear this on a daily basis, just when I'm about to go out for night on the town. It covers everything and it lasts all night. It leaves my face feeling supple and moist, not cakey. However, you need to wash your face several times to get it all off and to keep your skin healthy. Overall, it doesn't look heavy, great coverage and it's inexpensive.

on 8/3/2010 4:04:00 PM

I bought this to use for my wedding in the Cayman Islands. My photos came out perfect - it gave me just the right amount of coverage without looking too cakey. I set it with mineralized skin finish natural - it really is the best foundation for pictures. My skin looked flawless. The coverage is a bit on the heavier side so I do save this for weekends. I had no breakouts or reactions to this. I use a stippling brush to apply - i am pretty convinced this is the ONLY way to put this foundation on becuase of its thick consistency.

The only negative thing i can really say about this foundation is that the packaging is horrible - it is worth it to spend the extra money to buy the pump, otherwise it'd be a pain and you'd end up using more product than you really need. this is, next to the face & body, my favorite MAC foundation by far.

This was my first MAC foundation and I was very pleased with it. I only use this foundation every other day since it does break me out. It's got such a thick consistency that sometimes I don't even need concealer. Just slap this on, along with some setting powder and you're good to go. I recommend this product to anyone who needs a fairly cheap foundation with great coverage. It's an amazing product, I will definitely repurchase.

on 8/1/2010 2:16:00 AM

I love MAC, but hate their face products! I've had MUA's at other counters and Sephora say the exact same thing. Use anything you like from MAC, but stay away from their foundations. Supposedly it has some ingredient in it that's really bad for your skin and clogs your pores. I think that's why many people break out from their foundations, including me.

on 8/1/2010 1:27:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

The MAC Studio Fix Fluid gives me great coverage but when I first started using it it oxidized and made me turn orange so I ended up having to buy a primer. It keeps my skin feeling matt all day long and covered all of my acne scars; however I hate the unsanitary bottle. There's no pump. It's a jar where you have to pour it out onto your hands or wrists before use. It's affordable and it doesn't contain oil. I would buy this again but I want to give Chanel and Lancome a try.

on 7/31/2010 2:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this foundation for a few years & I have never had break-outs or blemishes from this product. I would like to try other MAC foundations before I settle on this as my fav. I dont use heavy foundation even though I love making up my eyes. Im the girl that still loves to see natural beauty thru your makeup - this product allows me that to a certain extent. Its a light formula which is nice but Im not sure this is my HG foundation.

I am an NC15 so im pretty pale and this foundation now that i look back on it was pretty yellow undertoned for that color. It gave FULL coverage and i mean full coverage and if u put a meduim weight powder under it it woild look very cakey.. It would seem like it was gone after 3 45 minuite periods going off of school wise. It did break me out a lot but it managed to cover it up. I did manage to use up the whole bottle. I thought i could have a pump but you have to buy it seperately and that would come up to a grand total of $30 for a foundation!!! so from what i heard the great drug store alternative that works better is the revelon photo ready.

on 7/30/2010 9:07:00 PM

I heard a lot of comments and reviews about people saying how it breaks them out worse than any other make up, and how it oxodizes when you apply and let it sit for a while. But i havent yet experienced any pimples or breakouts wich is wierd because i break out from almost everything, and i figured out that if you pick a shade slightly lighter than your skintone it will match your skin very well when it dries. It also covers very well and doesnt look cakey. So i have no negatives except for the price, but this is a product i would recomend and defianntly buy again!

on 7/30/2010 4:26:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

MY HG FOUNDATION! I love this foundation soooooo much! However, there is no pump. Although you can buy one for five dollars, I would like it if it was already included in this product. This has the best coverage out of any foundation that I have tried. It is the thickest foundation I own but that also means I use the least amount of it. It is a perfect match for my skin tone and gives me the best finish. It dries quickly without the use of powder and leaves my face matte. I don't need a powder to set this foundation because it seems to do that on it's own. This is the foundation for the rest of my life! I swear by it.