September 22, 2014 | 1111 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2008 6:05:00 AM More reviews by curiousgirl

Ok, so I may be a bit quick of the mark reviewing this after just two days of use but WOW!!! Results so good I had to share!! I have been feeling really overwhelmed with choice recently, and had ended up just using Dove soap and coconut oil = vile skin! I asked my sister what she would suggest, since her previously problematic skin was looking fantastic; airbrushed perfect with no makeup on. She recommended this cleanser plus Hope In A Jar moisturiser. I was a bit wary as we do have different skin types - mine mid-tone, normal/combi but prone to broken capillaries if treated too rough, hers super pale, delicate & dry w/rosacea. But oooh hello HG!! Literally the ONLY cleanser I have ever tried (and I've tried a lot!) that does EVERYTHING. Takes off a full face of going out makeup, unclogs pores, soothes, cleans but leaves face film-free & super soft. Not tight or at all dry, but really clean feeling. And no redness as no need to scrub or remove with muslin cloth, yet feels and looks as though it has exfoliated deep into clogged t-zone. It's a miracle in a bottle. So far at least. I bought the 'Makeup Optional Kit' and after using the cleanser, microdelivery peel sachet, and HIAJ moisturiser and eye cream I looked as though I've had the best facial of my life. If these results continue, this will be a keeper for sure. Highly highly recommend. By both me and my sister who is on, like, her fourth set apparently and looking amazing on it! (I will update after the 3 weeks Philosophy says it takes to see a difference with this regime)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2008 2:23:00 AM More reviews by uggslippers

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's only been less than two weeks since I started using this, but so far, so good. I didn't know what to think about it after the first few days, but I am starting to form an opinion. Basically, it's a good cleanser: it does its job of removing makeup and cleansing the skin. I have oily skin, but I don't use too much of the product, for fear of stripping my skin. I use just enough so that my skin feels cleansed and refreshed. I think there might be a tendency for some people to use too much of the product because it does not foam much at all. An aside: the fragrance smelled very familiar. I had to think about it and it dawned on me that it smells exactly like the Mint Wash from Origins, which I used back in high school (in the early 90's). Although it smells very similar, the two are very different. I prefer Philosophy. It is more gentle.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2008 1:48:00 AM More reviews by my_vanity_is_a_mess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Didn't care for this at all. At first it seemed like it'd be a nice cleanser, the texture was moisturizing and it removed all makeup residue, and smelled nice. After drying my face felt very soft and cleansed. It then started to feel like it was stripped and over cleansed, it almost hurt. Will not use this again! Very abrasive cleanser and felt like I used an average bar of soap on my face. Back to my inexpensive Noxema+! No thrills but does it's job! Philosophy products are highly overrated and expensive for what they do or rather don't do.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/13/2008 12:49:00 AM More reviews by nekoki_nikki

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The time I did use it I thought I loved it. It had a nice smell, made my skin feel smooth, etc. It didn't completely take off my eye makeup, but I didn't mind that that much anyway. The only big issue was, about a week after I started using it began to break out in huge, red itchy bumps all over my face, even on my eyes. It was terrible D:

My skin has never fully recovered back to how even smooth it once was.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2008 12:36:00 AM More reviews by gonzogolas

I've had this for awhile, but I was only using it to remove makeup (which I wear infrequently) so I didn't use it very much. After I bought a Clarisonic, I started to use it daily. I found it to be almost too gentle. I never really felt like my face was as clean. I bought a different cleanser to use with it, and my face got cleaner. To be fair, I have problem skin with clogged pores. But I just wasn't crazy about it. I do love it to remove makeup though.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2008 1:06:00 PM More reviews by moonshadow7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is just a wonderful basic cleanser. It's expensive for being basic, but it really works so I don't see the point of straying. Most drugstore cleansers have left me either too dry or they break me out, so I feel like it's worth the extra money. I have normal/combination skin that is not prone to breakouts. It's a cream cleanser that lathers only a little. My face feels clean but not stripped after using it. Currently I am using this twice a day with C.O. Bigelow extra-light face lotion SPF 15 in the morning and Neutrogena oil-free moisture for combination skin in the evening and it is a very nice combination, even in the dense humidity of summer. I am currently using the 8 oz. bottle which is $20, but if I continue to like it by the time I finish the bottle I will probably buy the 16 oz. because it's only $32. I really love the natural scent. The flip cap seems a little flimsy (I feel like it's probably going to break before I finish the bottle). For $20 I think Philosophy could afford better packaging (a pump would be nice). They also test on animals.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2008 2:22:00 AM More reviews by dogsinfl

Almost HG. I'm still using the old formula and have gone through many bottles. It doesn't strip my oily/combo skin but it does leave it film-free while removing my normal makeup. I do need an oil-based remover for any longwear products so I did deduct a lippie, but I still keep coming back to this cleanser.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/5/2008 2:35:00 PM More reviews by mahirsch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I used to like this product but they have changed the formula recently. It now contains more alcohol. If you have sensitive skin, this will irritate now. Too bad they changed it because it used to do a nice job of taking off makeup in one step. Yes the product won awards before they changed the formula. I don't think it will win anything now unless they change it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/2/2008 7:03:00 AM More reviews by fresh76

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Like the last reviewer, I really wanted to love this. For a makeup remover it was fantastic - my waterproof eye makeup just dissolved away with no deposit on my face, it was fabulous! The consistency of the product is creamy and feels very gentle on your skin. After a few weeks of using it at night, my face got really red, really irritated, and REALLY broken out. I really wanted to love you, Purity! But it looks like it's back to my old cleanser (my HG for sure), Carley's Clear & Smooth!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2008 11:23:00 PM More reviews by ais4alison

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to like this product. So many good reviews! It does smell pleasant and gives your skin a really fresh, clean feeling. However, it really really REALLY irritated my skin. It broke my skin out really bad and made my face itch and tingle in spots. I wanted to think it was just "purging" and would get better, but after a month it just was worse than ever. Before starting this, my skin was under control on the Proactiv system. I went back on Proactiv after this nightmare, but my skin was left with so many painful under the skin cysts and just awfulness, it drove me in to the doctor to get prescription strength things to get everything under control. For people who's skin is sensitive to fragranced ingredients, should probably be careful with this.